Stan Smith definitely outranks every other dad made by MacFarlane, but who is the best dad in animation?

Stan Smith definitely outranks every other dad made by MacFarlane, but who is the best dad in animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9ybRu61t2k
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdLbiF9gCo
youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI
youtube.com/watch?v=shiV6HTnlyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Iroh is the best father figure.

Homer

Hugh Neutron, if you ignore his duck obsession that borders on zoophilia.

First post best post.

/thread

He's not a dad he's an Uncle! and hes still not the best

He was a dad.

Leaves from the vine

Part time superhero
Full time dad.

Dad thread?

Professor Utonium is best dad.

Greg Universe.

Bob Belcher > Hank Hill > Stan Smith > Cleveland Brown > Homer Simpson > Peter Griffin

>American Dad definitely outranks every other show made by MacFarlane
FIFY

I agree, Drake was pretty great. He might be a bit too strict at times, but he loves Gosalyn.

If we're talking about modern day animation, then I vote Bob.

The grandest

Bob Belcher. Massive patience but not to the point of apathy when things are getting out of hand, keeps his family fed, clothed and comfortable, loves his wife and children, and is very down to earth.

Grand Dad is vidya good sir

Yeah but he wasn't a very good dad. He was an amazing uncle though.

I think it's great that bob gets involved a lot, like in the thundergirls mole episode Gene is wearing everything he finds in the trash and at the end Bob is wearing trash clothes too.

its actually Dale

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9ybRu61t2k

>Dale
>A good dad
He was a loving dad, but he's a nutter and if he wasn't reigned in several times he probably would've fucked up Joseph's life. Well atleast one time, the other times he was just being an idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdLbiF9gCo

There's only one answer.

He tried so hard to get them back.

Yeah... Iroh is pretty much best dad. Darkwing Duck and Hank Hill tie for second, but I'd say Hank comes out a little more on top with Greg Universe (post flashbacks) coming in third.

Unless you mean "are entertaining" Homer, Peter and Stan don't fucking belong anywhere on this list and even then none of them have been all that entertaining for a damned long time.

delet

>good dad

>animation

is this a good show? it keeps showing up on my netflix

it's fun, short, though a new season is coming

Stan is a fucking horrible Dad, though. He tries to fucking kill at least one of his children every other week. He outrights dislikes his wife and chooses to let the families worst enemy(Roger) live with them and plot against them every single day. At this point all of Seth's characters are selfish, insane, murderous psychopaths.

Being the least bad dad out of a bunch of really bad dads doesn't make that bad dad a good dad.

is that meant to be creepy looking?

Don't know, but the father in the picture rapes his daughter constantly and it's meant to be funny. The joke is that he rapes a little girl that is his daughter.

so...yes?

Your first two points are untrue and your last point is nonsense because everyone in the family wants Rodger around more than Stan does.

Hank may not understand what it is really like to be young but by god he just outranks Dale by miles. That episode with the panda comes to mind. A few times I'm pretty sure Dale just let the boys do something he knew was wrong (just not illegal) because oh they're having fun or something.

The question was if the image was supposed to "look" creepy.

I have actually WATCHED American Dad, you know. The characters want Roger around because Seth writes them to. He attacks them and ruins their lives constantly.

Here's Roger after he kidnapped Haley, with the intend on skinning her so he could wear her skin. He decided to skin Jeff alive instead.

While I'm at it, a small number of Roger's crimes against the Smith family.

>Framed Stan and Francine for the murder of Steve Smith for show ratings.

>Tried to harvest Steve's organs.

>Kidnapped and tried to skin Haley. Skinned Jeff.

>Nearly killed Stan by feeding him craw fish, which he is allergic to.

>Killed Haley's rich fiance.

>Tricked Stan into helping him make a restaurant which bombed. Stan made his own by himself and it beat Roger's restaurant. Roger blew up Stan's restaurant and the episode ended with Roger holding a gun to Stan's head.

>Deliberately pushed Stan into a dangerous animal exhibit, where Stan lost his legs, so Roger could "save" Stan.

>Threatened to destroy the Earth because Stan wouldn't put up with his shit anymore. Was about to do it when he learned he actually didn't have the power to do this.

>Tried to get Stan arrested and imprisoned by the CIA.

Dr. Orpheus

Everyone knows Roger is awful but it doesn't make Stan a bad dad when his entire family constantly beg him to keep Roger around.

In animation you say?

Best dad.

Sub-par son.

>Being a "good" dad
>Not doing what your family needs even if they beg you not to
pick one

not even the best dad in the show

>adulterous piece of shit who beats his wife and doesn't meet his bastard child until he's 16
>good dad

shiggy diggy doo wap

Didn't know he had that son.

Went around the world and literally died for his daughter fighting an ancient evil with the power over Time AND steamrollers.

Saved and adopted a babby that was gonna die.

Best dad.

In what way do they "need" to get rid of Roger? He acts like a dick but he never does any permanent damage to the family, plus he helps them out a lot with his magic and his rich personas.

>Didn't know he had that son.

that doesn't really help his case

>Went around the world and literally died for his daughter fighting an ancient evil with the power over Time AND steamrollers.

you mean put his only grandson in mortal danger and got 2 good men and a dog killed just to kill his grandfather's best friend

you got me with Shizuka though but a senile old man probably shouldn't be looking after a baby anyway, not to mention he only adopted her to stop his wife from being pissed at him

>you mean put his only grandson in mortal danger and got 2 good men and a dog killed just to kill his grandfather's best friend

But he was going to take over ZA WARUDO! What is 2 good men and one faggot doggo in the face of that?

And Shizuka wouldn't stop his wife being pissed when she would assume it's a lovechild, it would piss her off more. It's not like she can tell that it's (probably) not got English Genes/Birthmark,

Hey I'm not saying Joseph isn't a good guy, he's just a terrible father

user, you can't say "its okay when the family wants Roger around because that's just bad writing" and then turn around and not say the same for Stan.

As much as I like him... nah he could be a better father. He is pretty up there though.

youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI

>Talking about Roger
>Posts Ricky Spanish
>Says he watches the show
Get out of here.

To be fair the show is inconsistent with Roger and the family dynamic in general.
Sometimes Roger is a harmless nuisance who's just as much Family as the rest of them.
Sometime he's a burden if not outright threat that just so happens to live in the attic.
Sometimes he's very beneficial to the family in some form, like with Dr. Penguin or that Rich Persona.
He's at the very least the best father on the show, except maybe Red Death but nobody can compete with Red Death.

youtube.com/watch?v=shiV6HTnlyg