I like this version of steve trevor the most

I like this version of steve trevor the most

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/28588-grant-morrison-explores-provocative-elements-of-wonder-woman-in-latest-earth-one.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

please get the fuck off my board.

triggered much?

Black Steve was adorable. Plus it helped illustrate Morrison's point about how all men are not part of the patriarchy, or ruling class

Yeah I didn't understand wonder woman comics at all but now they made him black I understand he's not leader of the man's world, he's just a guy.

>Yeah I didn't understand wonder woman comics at all

well clearly because steve was part of the patriarchy before that that's kinda the whole deal with steve. Him being black was a cool because it reminded me of when she dated Trevor Barnes and got stuck in that other dimension.

>my waifu with a basketball American
FUCKING MARVEL STOP THIS

>Marvel

Can we stop using that term like it's something that actually exists?
Thanks.

why is she so hot

>Guaranteed replies
What does Sup Forums hope to accomplish with these psy-ops? I guess it kinda makes sense...
>shill for the shittiest comics that needlessly pander to minorities and "blackwash" so that Sup Forums slowly grows more resentful.
But at the end of the day we'll always hate the dumbass, liberal writers more... not the innocent minorities needlessly being pandered to

OP please...

to early to tell
but he ain't bad i guess

hnnng

making Steve blacks ruins the dynamic of man from's man's world who's use to being on top getting culture shock in woman's world
if he's black from (white) man's world he's already low on the food chain so coming to woman's world isn't much different for him

>not preferring Aryan husbando Steve
OP pls

wanting to date a guy from boring.com

Eventually they will become one and the same. Just need a little more bitterness

She looks like sasha grey

It's ok when DC does it

>the boy who didn't read comic the post

To be fair, this is an alternate DC Universe. When Marvel does it, it's usually in the 616 continuity.

Case in point, Marvel making Iceman gay. Instead of having it be an alternate universe Iceman, it's the main 616 universe Iceman.

This dialogue... Rucka isn't even trying to be subtle.

>Marvel
Bendis

>Not understanding the term "patriarchy" as it applies to Wonder Woman comics and the DC Universe

You fucking alt-right faggots are so easily triggered

>wanting to date a guy from jail

>patriarchy

this is fucking racist in double standards because it is plain discrimination towards white people.

inb4 I am white dought,
well that only means you have suicidal tendencies and destructive intentions towards your own race and thus makes you the same as fucking hitler in thinking you are better than others.

>if he's black from (white) man's world he's already low on the food chain

>still pretending that blacks aren't a privileged group in 2016.

Patriarchy just means a system of power that is ruled exclusively or mostly by men. It's bad in that it excludes women who could make valuable contributions to civilization but it's not the evil hand-rubbing fraternity (for the most part). I don't have in my wallet a Patriarchy Membership Card that lets me cut in line and guarantees bank loans just because I'm a white heterosexual cis-gendered mentally and physically able American male.

I DO however think we should just start beating up women and minorities they're just plain annoying.

I should also add that the Patriarchy ( that is, male led power structures) does tons of great shit all the time every day, like build schools and hospitals and support charities. I'm all for the inclusion of intelligent and well-meaning people into existing power structures without caring about their sex or race or whathaveyou, but the majority of """""""""""""""""""""""""""feminists""""""""""""""""""""""""""" who complain about the """""""""""""""""""""""""""Patriarchy""""""""""""""""""""""""""" do so like the kind of gaggle of morons you'd find on the Jerry Springer show. They're like children who kick and scream to be allowed to eat at the adults' table at Thanksgiving but they keep spilling the gravy boat and can't use a fork.

The whole deal with Steve Trevor is that he was your typical white male in appearance but actually behaved in a very understanding and feminine way, which contrasted with Diana, who looked like any other white submissive woman (she disguised herself as a nurse), but was actually a strong and decisive amazon.

Having a black male, who's already seen as a lower class, and that behaves like your typical alpha male, because of the whole fetishist and racist angle of the "exotic and animistic black bull", defeats the whole purpose of Steve.

Steve was always the submissive and emotional one.

Thats fine, its not like Steve Trevor has ever had a character to begin with.

If any of you say you like Steve, you're a goddamn liar.

t. Sup Forumsfag that didn't read this story

>and that behaves like your typical alpha male,
Nigga, did you even READ the book?

Steve is the first and he was white, so there's that.

And let's be honest, this whole deal with pairing black male with white female is a pretty racist thing.

I read and black Steve had no character in it other than being bothered about Wondy wanting him to be sex plaything/sub, due to the slavery connection, and he agreeing with Hyppolita andwarning the amazons about men wanting their resources, again due to the slavery connection. Other than that he was your typical black character.

Grant Morrison said he turned Steve black because it made Steve look more manly and powerful and that original Steve was too feminine and boring.

>I read and black Steve had no character in it other than being bothered about Wondy wanting him to be sex plaything/sub, due to the slavery connection
I think he also just sexually wasn't really a submissive as well, plus it came out of nowhere.

Anyway, what part of him was even remotely "alpha"? If anything, he was pretty humble and agreeable.

>Grant Morrison said he turned Steve black because it made Steve look more manly and powerful and that original Steve was too feminine and boring.
Source?

>Anyway, what part of him was even remotely "alpha"?

Just the way he behaved and talked. Maybe that was mere impression. He was this big, muscled black dude all cool and wary. Too much characters like that.

The fact that he was bigger than Wondy in every aspect bothered me.

There are god knows how many times different WW origin story retelling. With white Steve

The one time it changes things (in an alt reality) and uses a black guy results in triggering. You dumb fucks probably bitch about every what if/elseworld too.

This place has become worst than tumbler. Sage this shit.

Shut up, is just plain stupid to have a black as main love interest of Wondy in any universe (besides why he was not Asian or Latin huh?)

>Just the way he behaved and talked.
Haha, you have no idea what the fuck you're on about.

He didn't even remotely come off as alpha for the reasons I stated. He's a pretty reasonable guy. And for half the damn story, he's seriously wounded and doesn't say much anyway. And when he does get cured, we find out he's a pretty nice guy, all things considered.

Jesus christ, you're letting your racism cloud your perceptions.

>84986482

You almost had your (you). Just got to make it not so obvious.

>(besides why he was not Asian or Latin huh?)
Morrison already stated his reasoning. Anyway, it would've been a dumb idea with different race in place. What kind of rep is that? Even the alternative races people suggest are getting incredibly low and they hardly give credit for when they do change things up like that.

>caring enough about such a third rate supporting character to get triggered

I sometimes don't get comic book 'fans'

Am I the only one that kind of wants a story where Steve is just a kid when he strands?

Like Diana is still the same age, but Steve is an innocent child.

Actually there is one like in the Smallville continuity.

The user seems to be specifically asking for an /ss/ bait setting, though they may just want the dynamic of the man being in a position where their world view on male and female roles isn't set.

Last one desu.

/ss/ a shit.

Could be interesting. In fact, Smallville also sort of does it because apparently Hippolyta fucked off of the island to raise Steve as a single mom. Leaving Diana behind but whatever. But we get sort of zero expansion on how that worked and his life seemed to be normal anyway.

I'm trying to think if there's any story with a similar dynamic, where a boy is raised entirely in a female community or under their influence, but none of them really touch upon that all that well. All that comes to mind is Stephen Universe, sort of, but his dad is still very involved and it's more about weird alien shit than anything else.

I'd see it as Diana uses Steve as proof that not all of Man's world is rotten.

Like the Amazons would raise him among their own. Sure, some of them wild distrust him, but others would see he's just a person.

>I think he also just sexually wasn't really a submissive as well,

He was put on chains you dumb ass,

>mfw the amazons tried to talk shit to him but he pulled the slavery card.

kys with that shit taste fag

Morrison BTFO both tumblr and Sup Forums with this comic.

why do you guys keep supporting this shit?

but it also introduces a new dynamic with regards to submission in society. There's still the culture shock from going from a patriarchal society to a matriarchal one regardless.

>calling someone part of a privileged group as they get gunned down by local authorities.

Is your waifu Captain Marvel?

>people will protest your death when its objectively your fault

No one cares when a cracker gets killed

I like goofy "Chad" Steve from golden age. Hopefully Captain Kirk can bring that back (he's pretty good at playing a goofy Chad).

Black Steve was fine just for the bondage stuff because it reminded him of slavery

Did anyone protest or riot because of the Charleston shooting? I know there was some hupla over the flag...

It's like the classic orc baby problem. Only with men.

Not that different, am I right ladies?

Evidence doesn't support that though.

Biased media and rhetoric support that. Liberals have literally become the stereotypical 1995 Republican letting Fox news tell them who to hate. Protesting video games as morally degrading.

It's very funny.

>yfw he specifically made him black because he believes that white men aren't manly enough for WW

>ctrl+f for "cuck"
>not a single goddamn hit

what the fuck Sup Forums? Are people actually using the word correctly now?

Thankfully this isn't Sup Forums

Call me when she rescues and befriends an ethnic lesbian

>Bendis
The writer?

I want one where he ejects and dies hanging from a tree. Diana just finds him. Really curious because she's never seen a man or a dead, rotting body. She does see the flag though and learns of him flying. It causes her to want to see the world of men who can fly.

Steve never is a character more of a motivating action.

Reminder that Morrison made him black because "Diana wouldn't be interested in soft milky Steve"

DCuck outcucking Marvel pretty hard here.

I guess after super______ I shouldn't have been surprised

Steve Trevor is a fighter pilot, and there are literally no ______ fighter pilots, because it involves doing complicated things with precision and grace, and ______s can't into any of that.

what did morrisuck actually say, and where is the interview where he said it

It's really disappointing that _______ trolling has become comics new easy, lazy way of trolling its audience now that all the other ways they have of trolling the audience have failed.

Like, congratulations on finding that last bit of caring, so that I could stop caring even that much, hate-____s of the comics industry.

>is just plain stupid to have a black as main love interest of Wondy in any universe
Why?

>Morrison already stated his reasoning

No he didn't.

He maybe stated some hateful ____ nonsense that has nothing to do with reason (that nobody here can quote or cite).

He absolutely never gave reasons, though.

What's with the spaces?

>other retellings of WW's origins haven't been garbage
>this one is garbage
>why are you complaining about the garbage and not everything that isn't

Do ______s really think like this?

*"think"

He actually said "milk-softish"

>He always seemed kind of boring next to Wonder Woman and all the girls in the stories. And I find it really hard to believe she would have any interest in this man at all beyond the scientific. So I found it much more interesting to have a man who seems potentially much stronger than that original slightly milk-softish Steve Trevor from the original. So I just updated him and made him a much stronger looking dude.

newsarama.com/28588-grant-morrison-explores-provocative-elements-of-wonder-woman-in-latest-earth-one.html

>basketball American

This shit will never not be funny.

Confirmed for not reading the book

It's really disappointing that morrisuck decided to ____ out this hard, especially given that this is another area where ____ ______ worship is so grossly unrelated to reality, since the strongest men (as shown in weightlifting and strongman competitions) are overwhelmingly white.

It's particularly sad to see a supposedly white man buy into the white-hate meme, but maybe he was always half ____.

>"See, my sisters? Man's world is not inherently awful, this young boy is proof that purity and l-

"Diana, we know you're sleeping with him, knock it off"

"What"

She does, though she reminded me of Lynda Carter in some shots, too

Anyway, black Steve was a cute dude

This is what happens when you let a turd who thinks he's lex luthor attempt to write heroic fiction.

It's all either garbagepile gibberish or this.

Saying "faggots" doesn't convince anyone you aren't an S____, no matter how excited it makes you to use that word you aren't allowed to say in your (more-heavily-than-Sup Forums) speech-policed "safe spaces"

It also doesn't change that the person you're responding to is 100% correct, but you're an S____, so you already didn't care about that.

But it was good user

Mabye not a specific that panel out of context (maybe should read the comic idk)
Hated how the artist drew black people to be honest the black shade don't work in a realistically lighted area at all. Maybe if it was super stylished in it's color but as it is now no

Boy can you wright without censoring yourself? Fucking awful way to have a conversation

It's too late. It was always too late.

Also that guy isn't wrong.
We are in a ww thread after all
Maybe go to Sup Forums to get more positive (you)s

>say it's bait[x]
>don't respond to bait [ ]
Fuck

Using video game ads and outdated storyline

What a bait

Old Steve is shit. I like the new Black Steve better.

>Trevor Barnes as previous example right above the post

Why are these dumb images so dishonest with there agenda

They have to read comics to fix it and that's to much to ask

Why?

He is literally devoided of personality. If you like him better it's because you're unironically a cuck.

People actually believe this