Why did they do this?

Why did they do this?

No I'm not an SJW complaining about whitewashing, it just feels weird that they would take one character and turn them into an entirely different character, then try to pass them off as being the same character.

>it just feels weird that they would take one character and turn them into an entirely different character, then try to pass them off as being the same character
You're new to comics, right?

>it just feels weird that they would take one character and turn them into an entirely different character, then try to pass them off as being the same character.

>New characters taking up the mantle of old characters

Because no one cared about Jinx bald and brown flavored, but everyone LOVED the new version TT came up with, so much so they gave her more appearences AND had her turn over to the good guys
It's kinda like Allura, when a character is so aggressively nothing or minor, you can do a lot more with less backlash

Is jynx supoose to be Asian?

TT Cartoon Jinx had a discernible ethnicity?

Indians are asian

Teen Titans cartoon is like 90% different from the source material

Didn't they do that with most the characters?
Not in countries that matter. Asians are the Yellow guys, and only the yellow guys.

no one has ever cared about Jinx, and these characters might as well be 2 different people
also old jinx wasn't always so dark

Looks like someone abducted her from a 50's sci-fi series where she was the warrior princess or high priestess. I can see why they changed her so much.

you should see what they did to Deathstroke...

Well here you can clearly see what the cartoon character is based on. All they really changed was white/gold to black/purple and make her horns into hair.

>then try to pass them off as being the same character.
I don't think that's actually what they were trying to do. She's clearly different. They probably liked the concept but wanted to make her more witchy to reflect her powers. And I guess they like pink hair.

Anyway, they can do this because literally no one cared about this character until the cartoon. Their decision is actually vindicated by that fact.

Most likely just a design change because the team felt it would be a better style. I personally like the TT version better design wise. Same thing can be said about the new aquaman character in the movie Justice League, the creators probably felt the new aquaman design would be more appealing.

The irony being that if the skin shades were reversed there would be twenty threads on Sup Forums about the SJW menace that is steadily replacing all of our precious waifus with lower quality Tumblr tainted diverse knockoffs.

Where in DC does brother blood actually belong? I thought he was a titans villain but then he showed up in Nu 52 animal man and seemed far more of a fit there

Gizmo is also an old man in the comics.

He is a Titans villain. Doesn't mean he can't be used elsewhere.

>Not in countries that matter.
>countries that aren't Britain
>mattering
Delusional colonial or delusional continental?

TT Jinx is obviously meant to be Shimmer you casuals.
>Pink bolts
I rest my fucking case.

Dude, the multiverse is weird like that.

TT Jynx looked more Asian to me than anything else. Ricewashing doesn't count.

Indians are asian

Wow, they are exactly the same!

>Whitewashing

Shes fucking grey , man

Greatly improved him?

I'll admit, I don't read comics, but most of Sup Forums seems to think Deathstroke was a lame try hard with a stupid name, while Slade was a more convincing antagonist with a cool name.

Is this correct?

her skin is a light color which isn't allowed anymore

Wyatt has a goth fetish

We all did back then

>they turned her white just so she could be blacked

Does everyone at DC have jungle fever? I swear there is a black/white relationship in every show

>teen titans
>batman beyond
>justice league
>the flash
>supergirl

She ended up with Kid Flash. Plus, you can't actually tell what the hell she is, and it doesn't really matter.

It's ok when DC does it

India is more like a tumor that crawled up from under Africa and attached itself to Asia.

If it is then most of Sup Forums is retarded. Deathstroke is a cool name.

They didn't do anything

Truth be told, Jinx is less known to most people than others.

it's why most people would give a shit about Deadshot being played by Will Smith.

Huh. I hope they repurpose old Jinx's design somehow. That is one hot bald mama I want to see more of.

poo

What? No. I love Deathstroke.
I also found Slade in the show to be incredibly boring.

Fusion when?

>less known
More like virtually unknown.

A lot of characters in TT (particularly the villains) had their designs mixed up, but Jinx's change was the most radical. Her design fit the show and no one cared.

There would've been an issue if more important characters like maybe Robin or Cyborg had their races mixed, I guarantee you.

They didn't even change Deathstroke THAT much aside from just using his real first name and making him obsessed with finding an apprentice.

He was still a grown-ass man who antagonized a bunch of kids.

somebody did it but i don't have the artwork. i;ve seen it though

I think of her as being just a character inspired by the original.

Yeah, I'm sure they've never had any negative blackflash from racewapping a character.

I think the worst is what they did to Changeling.

Comics Gar was attractive.

Toon Green Thing is just an ugly weird mutant.

Redesigns happen

Some are good and some are bad

People didn't LOVE her until presented in the series. The thing OP is asking is why they decided that change before they knew about any hype.

I figure the change was to make her a more obvious counterpart to Raven.

it's a great design, just completely unrelated to Raven.

I was gonna say that myself. Though I'm not too much of a fan of how the body suit works with the feather cap and helmet. I don't really know what would look better though.

More specifically: It's actually a really good design for a magic-based character called "Raven".
It basically screams "Raven Druid-Witch Queen"

But it makes no sense whatsoever with "Daughter-of-Trigon" Raven, given powerset and background.

>But it makes no sense whatsoever with "Daughter-of-Trigon" Raven
It make as much sense as her previous costumes. All of them were basic dark magic user designs with the cartoon adding the grey skin to make her seem more otherworldly. The Nu52 looks fins without the feather hood which seems to be the main complaint when that costume shows up.

thr previous costumes were, in fact, BASIC "mage character" costumes- nothing to write at home but they worked.

This is a costume for a character BASED on Ravens\crows. But except fpr her soul-thing, Raven has nothing to do with birds.

This costume suggests a stronger connection with ravens than her usual costumes, a connection she doesn't have.

It looks more the costume of a Falcon(Marvel)-like character than any not-crows-themed magic character.

I think whoever designed this only did know the name of the character and the fact she was magic

Just based on the images here, and what showed up on TT the show, I would imagine the writers wanted a different/evil magic user to throw against Raven, but for a myriad of reasons couldn't modify Jinx's original design to fit the show's aesthetic.

Even if they adjusted it 'down' like Starfire's more modest attire, you have a bald woman (regardless of skin color) in a white priestess-y looking outfit, and Raven's already wearing a cape/cowl and a leotard. Jinx having a witchy-looking outfit and horn hair is a more dynamic contrast.

>I'm not complaining about white washing
You can read right?

This would be Raven's best design if it was not for the weird mask/visor.

The costumes problem is that it wavered between demonic/otherworldly and superheroic. The feathers, eyeless mask, and claw-tipped fingers (when the artist bothered to draw them) invoked her demonic and mystical nature while the two-tone, skintight body suit and boots looks like something out of the Legion of Superheros. Rocafort's version made it work well enough, but I think they should have gone full Devilman with her design.

They look nothing alike you moron.
He was obviously being sarcastic

>that thing on the right
>white

Speaks volumes about your white privilege that you assume Jynx is white

Very ironic on top of your self professed irony!

Irony!!

This. It'd be great for an original character.

Purple and black looks so much better than red and white.

Can a drawfriend draw a mix of the old Jinx and TT Jinx? Or have them swap costumes?

because reasons

>In which case shut up

The cartoon effected comic beast boy a lot.
>went from a sad clown with heavy emotional baggage to happy go lucky idiot
>lost his sarcastic voice
>lost his doom patrol connections
>permanently deaged him

>drawfriend

suckup.

Did you not watch the cartoon at all?

I still say they should have given Raven gray skin, which would have made her outfit instead of s two-tone body suit, about as revealing as you'd expect it'd be if she was at least pretending to be aligned with Trigon. Like it'd be very Conan.

tbf, the Doom Patrol shit didn't drop until the very last season.

They'd just get more Starfags who've never read a Titans comic before the Johns era complaining.

Another possibility would have been Raven faking being a somehow "normal" hero, with the costume being used for that.

in

I'd have made her entire torso and abdomen feathered and made her feet clawed.

SHIET

I know why your saying goes op. Everyone throws a fit when a white hero goes diverse but no one batted an eye here. Well, few people knew jinx, so I DO think it was OK and it still ended up being better then what we had before. That isn't without saying, that they could have just used someone else instead of changing jinx.

I like the design, just missing a tit window

Why has nobody drawn cartoon Jinx wearing comic Jinx outfit.

So they could have a progressive black cyborg man on white magical woman episode.

This guy gets it

Was it ever actually explained why the hell Deathstroke would want to conquer the city?

Nah. Slade was a pretty generic evil mastermind.

I think there's still people who claim that he's Batman, trying to 'test' Robin.

Titans #2 was originally solicited with a cover that included her, but obviously all the Titans solicits were fake to hide the Wally reveal.

>but obviously all the Titans solicits were fake to hide the Wally reveal
I thought the industry forgot how to actually do real surprises. That's almost some OG Thunderbolts level zipping up.

where is the rest of Aqualad's body?

Well yeah kinda.
DC writers and such don't make posts on Twitter about how progressive they are, unlike /some/ companies' employees.
Not to mention how often they reboot their continuity meaning that any change is rarely permanent, making it less offensive when a character is changed, because you know it'll either go right back, or just not be the same thing.
Marvel fucks itself by changing characters in continuities that, comparably speaking, rarely get a full reboot. Or they just make a whole new timeline they have to keep track of.
So yeah, DC does at least one thing better than marvel: not being as retarded about character changes.

>went from a sad clown with heavy emotional baggage to happy go lucky idiot
As the show went on I got the feeling he did that as a way to bury his baggage.
>lost his sarcastic voice
Ok fair enough.
You missed a lot of episodes, they had a whole arc for that.
>permanently deaged him
What? Oh you mean:
>de-aged
Hyphens would work wonders for you user. I thought you were shitting a csgo meme at us or something.

Addendum to this:
>DC writers and such don't make posts on Twitter about how progressive they are
I meant to say /as much/. I think maybe a couple have done it, like whoever wrote that weird wonder-woman mansplaining thing. But generally it's far less common from DC employees, was my point.

>de-age

Grammar doesn't work that way. You wouldn't use dis-integrate or re-new.

I think you're right and "deage" is correct but I don't think those are good examples. There are words where the modifier is separated like "re-sign" too (and even though "resign" is a different word they could have just stayed heteronyms) so it's not really a matter of rule.

>Use Jynx as a character
>Not only is she not barefoot, her shoes are enormous

It is kind of weird that nobody bitched about white washing bane in dkr.

So is Jinx a cute grey-skinned pink-haired girl who upon becoming an adult shaves her head and wears makeup to look like a delicious brown sobald chick

or

A delicious brown sobald chick who wears a pink wig and uses makeup to appear as a greyskinned girl

or

the same character using magic to change her form as she pleases?

Hispanic is an ethno-linguistic category, not a race.

Different continuities.

I just can't work up an ounce of concern about fucking Jinx. Turn her into some kind of wolf-girl prostitute with acid breath and laser claws. I really do not care.

Actually, I saw a ton of people bitching about it.

I just realized that California and Japan will touch in millions of years.

Movie Aquaman is clearly based on the character's 90s design, so it's not the really the same.

Loads of characters end up in different places than where they started. Wolverine was originally a Hulk villain, IIRC.