>Manbij Aug 5
i.imgur.com/bK9Z1VV.png
>Darayya Aug 5
i.imgur.com/ZYrCX1N.jpg

DEVELOPMENTS AUGUST 11
SYRIA:
>Ongoing clashes at ramouseh, 1070, and various parts of southern Aleppo
>Rebels attempt to counter SAA gains, they fail to repel the SAA advances
>SAA destroyed tunnel that militants were going to use to destroy the Citadel in Aleppo
>Preliminary reports are stating that the SAA is advancing in South Aleppo
>SAA begins Offensive to Secure Aleppo and close the passageway created by the rebels
>HEAVY SyAAF/RuAF bombing SW Aleppo
>Reports that Syrian Army have advanced in Sooq al-Jebes (Aqrab)
>Russia announces 3 hour daily ceasefire to allow NGO's to deliver supplies
>In SW Aleppo, SAA recapture al-Sanobrat hill (north of Wadhihi)

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/nusra-commander-defects-isis-battalion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Yerba Mate

GLORY TO ASSAD

Third for Yerba Mate

EXPLOSION!

Updated the Aleppo map and removed the second lattakia map.

Guy on the right looks like robert downey jr

Assad is barrel bombing moderate bakeries and orphanages with chlorine gas, when Hillary gets into office she won't stand for these war crimes

We are getting closer to the Greater Syria!

Lets hope for Greater Syria

That's hot.

Also, a lot of annexed Turkish clay up in the north.

Are there any pictures of general zahreddine and general al-Hassan side-by-side?

Yeh. The borders aren't yet agreed upon.

Top kek. The rebels won some territory the size of my campus. Even if they don't get BTFO soon, it doesn't amount much to anything.

I feel like Cyprus belongs to Greece

There is literally no reason for Syria to take Cyprus. And why would you want more K*rds? There is nothing in B*kur.

Also the name. I hear some people want to call it 'Israel'.

Can't find any.

Anyone have a higher quality version of this picture?

Braille keyboardst eh?

Ye, don't get fooled by them.

Yeah it was just one of three bases guarding the entrances of western Aleppo that were considered unbreachable forts until last week

Mark my words, the SAA in Aleppo is doomed, and the days are between us

Soon you will wish the war ended at Ghab

Who's the dude on the right?

alllooksame.com

It's Issam Zahreddine. The one on the left I don't know about.

It changed nothing, SAA just has to travel a longer route now. It also cost the rebels a lot of manpower and VBIEDs. All for what? Re-supplying r*bels that weren't even running out of supplies?

If you concentrate a huge amount of force on a single front, you are likely to win. This was more of a propaganda victory than anything else. The r*bels in the north had to do something because the southerners were more or less unwilling to fight after Aleppo was besieged.

What do you think will happen to rebelshits now, if SAA counter-attacks and sieges Aleppo again? All of their offensive capacities will collapse.

What a boss.

AKA The Druze Beasty

Lmao 2 thread
bitch dumbs.

Have trouble with big numbers t*rk

I need sleep. Good night, lads.

If the rebels' intention was the status quo, they can now maintain the attrition war across the city using a much shorter and more solid route.

Their intention however is to deal the coup de grace to the SAA. They had planned Hama, but were delayed by the Latakia and Aleppo blitzes last year. Now they effectively lost Latakia, they managed to prepare for Aleppo by seizing al Eiss and Khan Toman. Then they used Khan Toman to attack the artillery base. This was planned long before the siege, the siege just made it more urgent - I suspect they were gonna capture Hader first or something before continuing.

But the goal is now clearly the liberation of the city of Aleppo. The SAA's pathetic defense of two neighbourhoods and an artillery base, and its horrible counter-attacks, show that Syria's largest city is ripe for the taking.

Also what southern rebels? The guys in Ghouta and Rastan are still putting up one hell of a fight. The guys in Daraa stopped literally one year ago because Jordan and MOC. The ceasefire didn't shock any of us, we all expected it from the Southern Front. But not all is bad news; they lost hundreds of defectors to Islamists recently, and in the town of Bosra al Sham there was a general mutiny against the FSA leadership that ousted them and appointed a new pro-rebel one. Either way you are right that the Southern Front will not move unless the north scores big, but it had nothing to do with Aleppo, it dates to much before that.

You seem to confuse the state both SAA and rebels are in. Rebels have never been better, SAA has never been worse. Just wait a few more days and I will be vindicated.

You think Putin's intervention magically erased the dynamic that was taking place in Ghab last year, when it only forced rebels to refocus their momentum eastwards.

>If the rebels' intention was the status quo, they can now maintain the attrition war across the city using a much shorter and more solid route.

What attrition war? The fronts of Aleppo have been static for years.

>Their intention however is to deal the coup de grace to the SAA.

SAA isn't at a level it can get coup de graced. What are you even talking about? SAA has been winning since a year.

>Khan Toman.

How is Khan Touman even related to the breaking of the siege? It is far away from the Artillery College. In fact, the r*bels spending all those resources and men trying to re-take the territory lost in southern Aleppo allowed SAA to besiege the city itself.

>But the goal is now clearly the liberation of the city of Aleppo. The SAA's pathetic defense of two neighbourhoods and an artillery base, and its horrible counter-attacks, show that Syria's largest city is ripe for the taking.

Aleppo was probed time and time again for years. The fronts didn't budge. They did this time because r*bels focused a huge chunk of their power on a single place. Even now they will have to take territory like 6 times the size of the one they took now, to take all of Aleppo. And then what? Aleppo is small and holds no important supply routes. Enough manpower and supply losses could turn that into a decent Pyrrhic victory.

>The guys in Ghouta and Rastan are still putting up one hell of a fight.

And getting BTFO. Ghouta is shrinking every day. Another problem for the r*bels. Once the pocket is closed, SAA surrounding it will be free to head straight to Aleppo.

>The guys in Daraa stopped literally one year ago because Jordan and MOC.

Many r*bels from the Southern Front started accepting the amnesty offer of Assad, and the leadership of the Southern Front was getting pissy with the ones in the north.

>Rebels have never been better, SAA has never been worse.

You are flat-out retarded if you think that's the case, sorry.

STILL unironically SUPPORTS ASSAD
end your life.

>You think Putin's intervention magically erased the dynamic that was taking place in Ghab last year, when it only forced rebels to refocus their momentum eastwards.

It didn't erase the dynamic "magically", it erased it with bombs. Latakia is almost free of rebelshits, the supply route from Nubl is closed, Ghouta is shrinking, and the pathetic bit of territory taken in Aleppo the last week was the only significant territory taken by r*bels since how long? A year?

You are like the Ukrops back when they were getting BTFO.

Why don't you, Ottofaggot? You are here almost every time I open this general. Every single time. You spend your whole life shitposting here, and for the losing side at that.

Just end it.

>insulting me because got btfo lol
Keep supporting assad you traitor pkk hezbie fanboy

T R A I T OR

Dont get too invested in discussing shit with that faggot. He acts like a smart-ass know it all but you know, you cant trust anything that comes out of the mouth of a salafi-symphatizer.

Youre talking to the kind of retard that spends most of his day on Reddit and Sup Forums shilling for his favourite Jaysh al-Fatah, a group led by al-Nusra

tl;dr: Filter and move on

onur kendine kız bul abicim siktir et suriyesini arabını

Didn't Erdogan just side with Russia?

Wouldn't that make you the traitor?

Ya sikmişim Suriyelisinde arabınıda hepsinin amına koyim de Türklerin desteklemesi götümü yakıyor
Pkk yıllarca üs olarak kullandı Suriyeyi ve hala YPG adı altında kullanıyor ve buna esad rejimi izin veriyor
Yukardaki (((Türk))) arkadaş onu savunuyor

çoğu kişi tayyip esada karşı diye esadı savunuyor

>What attrition war? The fronts of Aleppo have been static for years.

That's what attrition means, you don't advance, just keep killing every now and then

>SAA isn't at a level it can get coup de graced. What are you even talking about? SAA has been winning since a year.

Dealt with this before

>How is Khan Touman even related to the breaking of the siege? It is far away from the Artillery College. In fact, the r*bels spending all those resources and men trying to re-take the territory lost in southern Aleppo allowed SAA to besiege the city itself.

You didn't even follow this offensive. To reach the artillery base, rebels had to capture Hikma, Mushrifa and several hills between Khan Toman and the base, that was impossible without retaking Khan Toman first.

>Aleppo was probed time and time again for years. The fronts didn't budge. They did this time because r*bels focused a huge chunk of their power on a single place. Even now they will have to take territory like 6 times the size of the one they took now, to take all of Aleppo. And then what? Aleppo is small and holds no important supply routes. Enough manpower and supply losses could turn that into a decent Pyrrhic victory.

Yes the men who liberated Idlib are now free to attack a province of their choosing. They choose Aleppo. Doing the math while Idlibis were tied down and afterwards gives you a different result.

>And getting BTFO. Ghouta is shrinking every day. Another problem for the r*bels. Once the pocket is closed, SAA surrounding it will be free to head straight to Aleppo.

Still doesn't match up to what you said about them not fighting anymore. It's still a good fight against superior odds. As you say, fierce fighters.

İşte yanıldıkları bir nokta var esad kalırsa Türkiye daha mı rahat ve huzurlu olcak sanıyorlar? PKK'yı desteklemeyi devam edecek, Çünkü Türkiye yıllarca sınırları açıp muhaliflere destek verdi ve haklıydı.
Esad kalırsa PKK herzaman güçlü olacak,Iran,Rusa güçlü olacak.Bunlar hep türkiyenin zararına 3 milyon mülteci var anasını siktiğim yerinde bunlar uçaklardan toplardan esaddan kaçıp geldi esad gitmezse geri mi dönecekler sanıyorsun amına koyim ?
Vallax anlamıyom

You are brainwashed to bark at anyone the current government declares an enemy. You confuse the Turkish state with the Turkish government, and worship the latter; the government that is raping the foundations this country was built upon.

Or maybe you don't. Maybe you just come here to annoy people because you have nothing better to do.

I am not "discussing" anything with him. I really don't think he cares much about all of this at all. He just shitpost because he is an underage highschool drop-out that has nothing better to do.

No.

A country that supports PKK is preferable over a country that supports al-Qaeda you imbecile.

>Many r*bels from the Southern Front started accepting the amnesty offer of Assad, and the leadership of the Southern Front was getting pissy with the ones in the north.

But this didn't magically start with the siege of Aleppo, it was coming for a long time.

>You are flat-out retarded if you think that's the case, sorry.

Then allow me to call you retarded after reality proves you wrong. Please don't hide, I will be posting here under this name whether we win or lose.

>You are like the Ukrops back when they were getting BTFO.

I am like your other enemies, okay and you are not like the denials of those we saw at Idlib, Daraa, and south Aleppo before at all.

That goes for you too, Gouda-whore. When time proves me right don't be a chicken and piss off from /sg/, I wanna see your proverbial face then

>Maybe you just come here to annoy people because you have nothing better to do.
>He just shitpost because he is an underage highschool drop-out that has nothing better to do.

Wow I heard of unoriginal but this takes the cake

>Or maybe you don't. Maybe you just come here to annoy people because you have nothing better to do.

Same goes for you, you cuck

>kemalist dictator lover calling me brainwashed

I'm pretty sure you supported the coup because erdoğan

>that pic

woaaaah look at that how assad is an angel and loves Turkey

Dictator lover traitor

>That's what attrition means, you don't advance, just keep killing every now and then

For it to be called attrition warfare, it must have a significant effect on the enemy.

>You didn't even follow this offensive. To reach the artillery base, rebels had to capture Hikma, Mushrifa and several hills between Khan Toman and the base, that was impossible without retaking Khan Toman first.

I don't see its significance here, it is not blocking anything.

>Yes the men who liberated Idlib are now free to attack a province of their choosing. They choose Aleppo. Doing the math while Idlibis were tied down and afterwards gives you a different result.

They were free to since forever. They chose this time because they were desperate for a victory. They won, because they had to.

>Still doesn't match up to what you said about them not fighting anymore. It's still a good fight against superior odds. As you say, fierce fighters.

Ghouta is filled with JaI, while the Southern Front is more FSA dominated. I don't mean the guys in Ghouta.

You seem to be one of the more reasonable pro-r*bel people and yet you are absolutely delusional. You remind me of Bosnjo Boy.

>But this didn't magically start with the siege of Aleppo, it was coming for a long time.

It didn't start with the siege, it culminated with it.

I come here for a few hours a day at most. You are here, the whole day. The entire day.

>I'm pretty sure you supported the coup because erdoğan

You were supporting the coup right here LMAO, I saw your screen-capped posts. Someone should report you to authorities and get you v&.

Think about that for a moment, you poor bastard. There was a coup happening and you were sitting here shitposting on Sup Forums. Re-evaluate your life.

>Dictator lover traitor

Secular dictators are preferable over Islamist democrats.

Go home, American lapdog. Assad is the only secular force in Syria right now. He is winning right now and will soon unite Syria. When that day pray that he forgot about Turkish shitposting on /pol or he will take all of Turkey down.

Hail Bashar Al Assad!!!
Hail Greater Syria!!!

What a scary :DD lmao

>secular
Most of the top political and most of the top military positions are occupied by Alwaites and given to them/bought for them by their fathers, uncles, and other relatives.

It is an Alwaite government.

>For it to be called attrition warfare, it must have a significant effect on the enemy.

It does by keeping the SAA on their toes across such a long winded front where they get sniped at or mortared daily. That's how they lost the base in the first place, by being understaffed.

>I don't see its significance here, it is not blocking anything.

Alright, I made a map - the red part was SAA held before they lost Khan Toman, the dark red is the part the SAA held before the start of the current offensive. As you see, Khan Toman allowed rebels to capture some strategic hills, and prevented a regime counteroffensive from flanking them. This offensive would have flopped without Khan Toman.

>They were free to since forever. They chose this time because they were desperate for a victory. They won, because they had to.

Forever = one year. They were gonna go for Hama instead, preferring to isolate Aleppo, but Russia didn't give them that luxury. They did suffer losses obviously, but they haven't struck with their full power yet.

>Ghouta is filled with JaI, while the Southern Front is more FSA dominated. I don't mean the guys in Ghouta.

Alright so you just meant Daraa.

>You seem to be one of the more reasonable pro-r*bel people and yet you are absolutely delusional. You remind me of Bosnjo Boy.

Lol did you talk to him? My friends and I are confused about whether he's genuine or not. One rebel told us he's a troll and not to pay attention to him.

>It didn't start with the siege, it culminated with it.

The rebel counter-offensive began literally as soon as the Iranians captured Hader. At first they only recaptured Banes, then the jihadis tried to take al Eiss and failed during the ceasefire. Then when they decided to end the ceasefire, moderates joined the jihadis, and they managed to take al Eiss this time. Then every few weeks they retook another chunk of Hezbollah captured south Aleppo, and the regime seemed incapable of reversing it till now.

That is actually making sense. Nice

>It does by keeping the SAA on their toes across such a long winded front where they get sniped at or mortared daily. That's how they lost the base in the first place, by being understaffed.

And then they get resupplied. It has no significant effect.

> As you see, Khan Toman allowed rebels to capture some strategic hills, and prevented a regime counteroffensive from flanking them.

You mistake Khan Touman with something else. It is way too far away to be relevant in this offensive.

You simply claim that the rebels suffered no significant losses since the Russian intervention and only transported their offensive to Aleppo instead. The offense they launched at Ghab was nothing compared to the one they launched here. This one cost them an enormous amount of manpower and lots of VBIEDs, and will result in a catastrophe if these gains are reversed. Ghab offense on the other hand was simply the rebels chasing SAA down the plain, and the rebels lost more or less nothing after it was cancelled.

SAA has seen worse days. The early summer of 2015 was awful. In fact, the earliest days of the war were the worst, back when the rebels were a few km away from Assad's presidential palace. Aleppo was actually beiseged at one point.

>Alright so you just meant Daraa.

Southern Front is mostly Daraa. They were pretty much broken after Aleppo was circled.

I always make the effort for people who reciprocate, I just deal with the riffraff in their own language

Forgot the file.

Sha6er

>And then they get resupplied. It has no significant effect.

Daily for four years, no significant effect? Dude.

>You mistake Khan Touman with something else. It is way too far away to be relevant in this offensive.

They had to capture Khan Toman to capture the supply base, they had to capture the supply base to capture the village of Mushrifa and its bases and hills. Without Khan Toman a crucial part of this offensive would be missing.

>You simply claim that the rebels suffered no significant losses since the Russian intervention and only transported their offensive to Aleppo instead.

They did but not enough to stop them from steamrolling the SAA and Hezbollah like they always did. Clearly Russian air support is too glorified. They only lost fronts that were always vulnerable. For example SAA did not even advance an inch inside Rastan (despite it being besieged) or north Hama. In fact it lost ground in both (Zara and Morek).

>The offense they launched at Ghab was nothing compared to the one they launched here.

You forget what preceded it, the battle at the Brick Factory was bloody as hell, it cost them like 100 fighters in a few days. It was a true bloodbath. The Brick Factory is small compared to the massive area they captured last week.

They used VBIED's at Idlib, Jisr, Brick Factory, Mastouma, Wadi Deif, Abu Dhahour, etc. They always used them in Idlib. Don't see why manpower is now an issue, it's clear SAA has it worse since they're the ones retreating.

>The early summer of 2015 was awful.

Yes we're not that bad yet, but we'll be soon. Now, we're like summer 2014, with the illusion of SAA supremacy, unaware of what was to come. This time it won't take months though, but days for the illusion to fade.

>back when the rebels were a few km away from Assad's presidential palace.

Yeah but they were amateurs back then, now they have professional organization and solid foreign backing (Turkey's).

Are there any good (or at least entertaining) Arabic forums where the war in Syria and such things are discussed?
I'm learning the language and want to immerse myself in the local shitposting.

Here's the order of operation in south Aleppo over the past year.

You see, they could not attack the base and Ramouseh without areas 5 and 6. And they couldn't take areas 5 and 6 without areas 3 and 2, and Khan al Toman is in area 2. It was a step by step process.

Area 4 was meant to defeat their flank so as not to be too exposed.

>Daily for four years, no significant effect? Dude.

You are assuming that the front will remain static for four years.

>They had to capture Khan Toman to capture the supply base, they had to capture the supply base to capture the village of Mushrifa and its bases and hills. Without Khan Toman a crucial part of this offensive would be missing.

Khan Touman is way too far away man. Look at the man I posted.

>They did but not enough to stop them from steamrolling the SAA and Hezbollah like they always did.

Where? The only place they defeated SAA and Hezbollah was Aleppo, since a whole year. And they did it because the situation was very desperate and they focused a huge amount of their force on a single place. And it achieved nothing. The corridor is too small and they can barely put anything in except potatoes.

>They only lost fronts that were always vulnerable. For example SAA did not even advance an inch inside Rastan (despite it being besieged) or north Hama. In fact it lost ground in both (Zara and Morek).

Southern Aleppo and Latakia were not particularly vulnerable, the territory around Nubl was particularly fortified, and Ghouta saw almost no movement until Z*hran got rekt. Homs and Hama are mostly insignificant at this point.

>They used VBIED's at Idlib, Jisr, Brick Factory, Mastouma, Wadi Deif, Abu Dhahour, etc. They always used them in Idlib. Don't see why manpower is now an issue, it's clear SAA has it worse since they're the ones retreating.

It is an issue because they wasted a fuckton of it on a single place. VBIEDs are not in abundance, it takes a lot of time to find a guy who is willing to blow himself up.

>Yes we're not that bad yet, but we'll be soon.

You have zero reason to believe this, you just want to. The front in Aleppo has changed very little. The r*bels can't even enter safely inside the eastern parts of the city.

What they are doing is extremely risky. A successful loyalist counter-attack would end all of this.

>You see, they could not attack the base and Ramouseh without areas 5 and 6.

6 was not necessary. It is not even entirely in rebel hands right now.

>You are assuming that the front will remain static for four years.

I'm talking about four years. Most of the attrition is over, now they just have to keep it up. Even one more year would be disastrous for the SAA.

>And they did it because the situation was very desperate and they focused a huge amount of their force on a single place. And it achieved nothing. The corridor is too small and they can barely put anything in except potatoes.

They began working on south Aleppo since literally October when the regime offensive started, they just got sidetracked with Latakia and north Aleppo since then, but their one priority was south Aleppo, and they never stopped advancing. They methodically took back village after village, and SAA could not stop them until they reached the gates of the city and broke through.

The corridor is no worse than the Castello that was always disrupted by Sheikh Maqsoud and recently SAA fire. In fact it is protected by the buildings in the area, some senior rebel figures have already entered the city with sizable manpower.

>Southern Aleppo and Latakia were not particularly vulnerable, the territory around Nubl was particularly fortified, and Ghouta saw almost no movement until Z*hran got rekt. Homs and Hama are mostly insignificant at this point.

Latakia was because pro-regime Alawites live there, Nubl was because it was two pro-regime areas near a narrow corridor - almost closed in late 2014. Zahran died while repelling a successful regime attack at Marj al Sultan, Ghouta had been shrinking since 2013 anyways.

>You spend your whole life shitposting here, and for the losing side at that.

I'm pretty sure Ottoman gets paid to shit post. Actually that was the only thing that had me hyped for Erdogan being potentially ousted, with Ottoman being out of a job.

Hope based Assad prevails
dub quad check

>It is an issue because they wasted a fuckton of it on a single place. VBIEDs are not in abundance, it takes a lot of time to find a guy who is willing to blow himself up.

This single place is a military base the size of a neighbourhood. It got them results. All for a handful of drivers? You think SVBIED's require a crew?

If they run out of suicidal soldiers, they'll cross that river when they reach it. Now they must win. Chances are they won't need VBIED's as much as they do right now because winning this city changes the war.

>You have zero reason to believe this, you just want to. The front in Aleppo has changed very little. The r*bels can't even enter safely inside the eastern parts of the city. What they are doing is extremely risky. A successful loyalist counter-attack would end all of this.

I had zero reason to believe this in February, but seeing as how the rebels are back to their regularly scheduled gains, and how the regime stupidly lost Ramouseh, I have a lot of reason to believe it is possible.

A successful regime counterattack would end it sure, but if they believed it would defeat them they wouldn't be doing this. They fought the regime long enough to know its weakness.

>6 was not necessary. It is not even entirely in rebel hands right now.

It was - you might not see it but 6 includes al Mushrifa and its bases. Rebels may have lost Tal Snawbir and Tal Mahrouqat, but they hold the bulk of the Mushrifa area.

I forgot to say, south Aleppo wasn't vulnerable except that it was undermanned cause no one saw it coming, but it would have been easily defensible if they knew it was coming, unlike north Aleppo and Latakia. South Aleppo it seems to me was to distract rebels from other fronts, and to protect the city from a southwestern attack like this one. They tried to take the road into the city but couldn't.

This delayed the rebel attack on Aleppo by almost a year. Quite a good move, but now time's up.

Who is this pretty and young thing?

My (((Domme hotwife))) doing some modeling

>Picture
Where and when did this occur?

>ywn parade pictures of bashar around in a rally in souria

U fucking roach spic

Nusra commander defects to ISIS with his battalion

>mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/nusra-commander-defects-isis-battalion/

Yarmouk camp is where it occurred.

Well there are pkk flags and such. Pkk is a separatist group and internationally recognized Terrorist organization. I am curious to learn more about it.

>#Kurds4Bashar

>Russia announces 3 hour daily ceasefire to allow NGO's to deliver supplies
Why would they ever do this? It's just feeding the soldiers for nothing. They should just starve the population untill they all surrender. This is half-assed warmaking is retarded and just prolongs the suffering.

if you are a well hung extroverted nationalist with no record of non-white blood who happen to visit Finland... more than welcome

That's literally cuck.

/r/ing image of Turkish general at the Virginia NATO meeting?

Was this a story somebody ran or what?

Bump

STOP ASSAD

NO MORE GAS

But seriously if there are people getting sick as a result of chlorine gas exposure it's probably a leaking FSA stockpile or something.

>@theatresofwar

Map showing where the rebel offensive to cut loyalist supply road to #Aleppo is - #Syria

>that green blob along the iraqi border

laughingwhores.jpg

Sad... they didn't target the bakeries.

have a bin al-fleck

My sides.

Notice how they blacked out the background, probably to prevent landmark triangulation.

Also I hate how everybody just sticks AR15 buffer tube stocks onto everything.

Looks like shit.

Interesting. Just goes to show who controls who.