Why is romance in modern cape (Last 20 years) comics so lame?

Why is romance in modern cape (Last 20 years) comics so lame?

Because every writer has their own OTP and will ruin whatever happened before.

Why don't they just use the same writers for characters then?

Because establishing a relationship and explore said relationship takes more then #5 issues and that's 5o much before a new marvel event

Corporate comics don't do that.

Because comicbook writers are soulless shills that have never touched a woman

Context? I literally cant understand whats wrong with this page , OP

I really liked their dynamic in Brubaker's Catwoman. With Batman trying to convince her she's not a bad person and going to all those lengths to find her when she went missing.

Every Marvel hero seems to sleep with each other. It's pretty jarring sometimes.

MISTY BELONGS WITH DANNY!!!

does anybody have the latest X men relationship chart?
because those guys alone are complete sluts.

>X-Men are family!

Too bad BatCat was yet another victim of the New 52 reset button. Eventually we'll get a writer who wants to tackle it instead of shipping each other with no-name OCs. So far I think Valentine and Tomasi are the only ones who've handled it with any sort of heart.

Then why are they also shit in DC books?

Only applies to Marvel.

Lack of good romance in cape comics is a symptom of a larger problem.

Because the Big Two killed all their old time big relationships. However DC realized this huge fuck-up and brought back two of them with Lois/Clark and Mera/Arthur.

Small victories I guess.

Is Sam Wilson two-timing whatshername and Jane Foster?

Nah. Marvel pulled outrage with that Sam/Jane moment.

This is probably my biggest issue with comics, all the author, artist swapping and the multiple continuities.

Also with Ollie/Dinah. Rebirth has been too good to us.

This. Also the uncertainty of how much the writer is going to last on the book. If Marvel & DC could guarantee a 40-issues run for ever writer in where 16 of them aren't interrupted by events/crossovers then the romance of those book would improve. Good thing that DC has Elseworlds like Bombshells where romance is a major part of it (even though the quality is questionable)

Its just as bad at DC maybe even worse

>brought back two of them with Lois/Clark and Mera/Arthur.
Arthur and Mera was dope but bringing back pre flashpoint Superman is just lazy shit

Your obsession to start company wars makes you worse than Boco.

>Mera/Arthur
You're joking, right?

it was never not lame, cape romances suck

Not a war. Cold hard truth.

This is why girls buy manga more than comics. It's literally impossible to have a romance well done. Even if the writers were good, you just can't. And no romance: no girls money.

No, you're just autistic.

I want Hal/Carol to go back to where they were at the end of Johns' run

fucking Venditti

stop reading big two

you could always read Sunstone

It's just my opinion. You do realise it's okay to have one, right? It's not like I'm saying I hate Marvel, I'm just saying this problem only lies in Marvels court.

>You do realise it's okay to have one, right?
Yes, I know. But from what I've seen of your posts, you don't seem to think so.

It's an inorganic relationship. No bulid up to the relationship and little effort in selling it.

For whatever reason generally there's a lack of development or growth in character relationships in modern action comics, and it's not even unique to capeshit. You basically have to read full drama to get anything like that now.

At least it's better than WE HAVE TO FUCK OR WE'LL DIE that Silk and Spider-Man have. Dear God, they're shitty as fuck.

kys for having such shit taste

I thought romance had usually been pretty lame in cape comics?

I'm still mad about Marvel Editorial breaking them up, then rubbing salt in the wound by teasing us with what we could have had.

Only time there not together is when he's dead or she's gone insane

black manta is gonna steal mera

Ugh, this break my heart...

Actually in The New 52 Aquaman cucked Mera twice

Oliver/Dinah has been awkwardly forced, though

Aw shit, that's cute as fuck.

Only good dc relationship i can think of is aquaman and mera.

I dont know how you think dc is not just as bad as marvel on this matter.