Storytime of :^)

Eisner Award winning author Brad Meltzer presents the Justice League of America!

Starting with the story that changed comics forever with its GENIUS deconstruction :0)

please no

I don't know what is worse, the description you gave or the story

You don't want to read the EPIC comics event of the year, all years?!

It's at least nice to see Clark happy again.

I'm a Dickfire fan

I was watching BvS with my brother last night, and I told him that the random dude Bruce was backing in some street fight was supposed to be Ted Grant.

He put his head down on the table in silence until I reassured him that wasn't true.

So that's where that's from.

Man remember how happy they were?

They didn't deserve this. Nobody deserves this.

>i bet batman never does this to his parents

One thing I do like is the recontextualization of classic Silver and Bronze Age scenes.

Though I don't like when they're recontextualized as edgy rape-y and murder-y

At least it gave us the best of the 52 segments.

NO :^)

Also this was before 52.

the ralph stuff in 52 was great though

Though now that you mention it, it might be a good painkiller for after this is done.

you know at Moore at the very least had the intelligence (and good luck) of not using Actual superhero characters for his story deconstructing them

No as in it wasn't or as in it wasn't worth it? Because Ralph trapping Neron and Faust forever and reuniting with Sue as a ghost was brilliant

Rags Morales gives us some great reaction images.

Nah I meant I wouldn't post it. But now I think I will. But not until you've had your yearly dose of Identity Crisis.

I also kinda like this part because a lot of writers would rather have all crooks be complete emotionless psychopaths.

The fun stops here

>Also this was before 52.
Yeah, that is why i said it gave us the best of 52.

Really, Tim has been on a downward spiral since this story, hasn't he?

Man, I fucking love the Outsiders. The originals, at least.

>TUNK

It's annoying that this was thrown in but no thought was put into it until 52.

OK, I misread your post as "at least give us", I'm a dummy.

Are the rape pages in yet?

Good writers will actually read older stories to find things they can use.

knowing the plot twist at the end it still doesn't make sense honestly

Patience.

People always say that everyone being in costumes ruins the seriousness of this moment.

I wonder if I've just been reading comics so long that it seems totally fine to me. People in skintight suits just doesn't seem silly to me.

Didn't Zack Snyder say something about not wanting to have Batman and Superman talking directly to each other for extended periods of time because you'll notice how silly they look in their costumes?

I'll never understand that. Especially since isn't the point of doing these tacticool costumes to make them NOT look silly?

>storytime of :^)

How do you pronounce :^) ?

To comment on the funeral one last time, I do like how carefully all the attendees were picked. Every one of them has a pretty extensive personal history with Ralph and Sue. Green Arrow's funeral had a bunch of people who didn't make sense being there.

If you're reading JLI/JLE, you'll notice most of those characters are here now, along with JL Detroit members.

"Coloncarrotcloseparentheses"

I've only read the aftermath of this, time to finally check it out.

Poor Ralph...

I read it as a sort of annoying, nasal smug ass laugh, the kind that makes you want to punch somebody.

I think editors veto heroes being drawn outside of their regular costumes because readers would supposedly get confused between them.

A lot of artists can't draw the differences in faces and even those that can don't think it's worth keeping up in every panel.

I have the same problem. I have ever since that Black Flash story.

Hey wait a minute Hawkman isn't wearing the same helmet on the cover as in the story

Writing is actually good tbqh famiglia. Meltzer just needed someone to say "no, fuck this retarded shit" when he planned the rape and twist.

>angry feminist Dinah
Somebody has definitely read JLI.

I agree, the dialogue is good and the pacing is fine.

IT BEGINS

Just makes the moments that make you go "wat day fock" that much worse.

Brad

Brad please stop

What are you doing

The fights are terrible too

Oh geez...

As we'll see with Deathstroke.

OTP GOAT Romance

>Last panel

Woah, that reminded me of Prom night for a second there.

Morales' art doesn't helpt either

Boomer gets his characterization shafted so hard here.

Did Sue get raped in this timeline

If you mean in New 52, no, she didn't.

here we go boys

TIME FOR STUPID

>Dr. Moon
That better not be a racist nickname is all I'm sayin'!

Slade taking fashion advice from Power Girl?

Now, to be fair, Deathstroke can react ten times faster than a normal man.

But no matter how I look at this I don't see what Flash was even trying to accomplish by just running straight at Deathstroke's ass.

And now everyone just stands there doing nothing while he attacks Hawkman.

Kyle, just make a giant hand, and grab Slade and Light. It's not that hard.

This is still stupid. Bombs exploding AND Slade moving his swrod before Wally can touch him makes no sense. They weren't even far from each other.

Fuck.