Remember when horror movies were scary?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope, can't say I do

>le wrong generation

remember when comedies were funny?

>Underage

Be bland and repetitious somewhere else.

No

Yeah when I was ten. Wish I could watch horror through my fingers again.

What drugs will make them scary again?

LSD by yourself but you won't want to do that.

Never?
Horror was always camp or jumpscare shit
Still fun though

yeah I remember when I was 15

Sauce ?

that looks like it was filmed by teenagers with a flip phone in eastern europe
I like it

Elm street movies are comedies

about to watch the shining for the first time. Hope I didnt let it get overhyped. Trying not to expect much

>Slasher films
>Scary

Some asshole killing stupid teens, what's so scary about that?

It's creepy. Don't expect to be scared though. Jack Nicholson is hilarious.

Seconding the request for sauce, this looks like a BeksiƄski painting.

In the 80's in was kinda scary millennial baby.

It's a great film, but it's not scary. Maybe I'm a pussy but texas chainsaw and Halloween scared me

OP, I just watched a movie about a space gorilla chasing 30-year-old teenagers in the dark. Horror has always been shit.

I watched Pumpkinhead when I was 9 and yeah, It was pretty scary for a preteen.

Yeah, when I was a kid. Horror films are mainly for children, but society's obsession with protecting children has made them forget that. You will never enjoy horror as much when you're thirty as when you're thirteen.

>looks obviously shot on film
>"looks like flip phone quality xD"
Kill yourself.

>looks obviously shot on film

you and the user you're replying to should commit sudoku together

The Abominable Dr. Phibes

>Part 5

Well you sure as hell don't.

And now losing your Medicare scares you, doesn't it, gramps?

im too big of a pussy to watch horror movies
how to change that?

as if you couldn't make it any more obvious.

Remember that one movie where there was all this gross blood that came pouring out into the hallway. Holy shit that gave me the hobby jobbies!

pro-tip, they never were.

yeah, when I was a kid.

after that you grow out of it and take your GF to it so you can cop some feels when she pretends to be scared and turns into you.

then you grow up even more, and you stop going and just rent it so you can bitch about it to your friends at work.

this is sort of how the horror genre has worked since the 30's

CGI, better scientific understanding, and massive amounts of real gore videos have made most horror movies OBSOLETE!

now adays when you feel like watching a whacky gore flick you just turn on some ISIS videos

rood desu

Haha no please anything but reddit! I sure will try to make better posts next time so you wont have to tell me those reaction images. I'm sorry hah

>Horror was always camp or jumpscare shit
Oh bullshit. There's plenty of horror films not based on either of these concepts.

imagine being this triggered

Yes, I do

Fpbp

Wow that's genuinely scary

Must suck

Is this The Shining?

Remember when you used to enjoy things?

>poster ruins the plot twist
>plot twist is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen in a movie

What the fuck were they thinking. There were some genuinely good moments in this, and they are all pissed away with complete nonsense

The plot twist is she has jam on her boots?

Movies can't hold a candle to actual horrors of real life.

>You will never enjoy horror as much when you're thirty as when you're thirteen.
>You will never enjoy horror as much at 30, compared to when you were 13. Fixed it for you.

I dunno but I watched the dark song and it was pretty good had some good tension. I might be really hardcore on the benzo withdrawal but still the film felt scawy.

Also any recommendation?

I've always found suspense movies to be more scary, I get more from an adrenaline rush than I do a jump scare. Like Falling Down or Cape Fear.

What's wrong with your faaace?

how is this scary? just a nigga in a mask

What's the scariest Elm Street movie?

The first one but the best one is 3. And I guess Freddys dead.

>this is what liberals want

Retarded bastards

Thanks mang

I think he means the shadow

I though it was kind of sad

Yeah

how much better is this than the 2008 remake, which I thought was shit

>american remake
>anything but shit

Doesn't even compare. I've watched it over 5 times over 11 years and I still have trouble keeping my eyes open during certain scenes.

You're missing out if you haven't watched it.

>implying that ever happened

Remember when people were people? I remember when people were people and that kind of thing wasn't a thing to be thought about. Now it's a thing.

Horror was scary when I first started watching it, i.e. as a kid.

I still enjoy Horror but it's not been scary for me for many, many years.

It would help if "horror" wasn't basically synonym for "someone crazy who kills people one by one".

For horror to be marketable to the masses it has to be based on a fear people can relate to which is why it's normally murders and the like. You're not going to see big properties based on Lovecraftian horrors because that level of existential dread is too much for Joe Retard who wants to see a summer blockbuster.

Really though user. I don't know if it's just getting older or the constant connection to the internet but I feel like nothing really brings me true joy anymore. Not vidya, not movies, not any of the hobbies I've been a part of.

I'm a husk of a person. I have no hobbies. I have no friends. I just go through my daily routine and compulsively browse the internet even though I don't even enjoy that anymore either.

Then stop posting so the rest of us don't have to see your pathetic whining.

Lol ;)

Imho the actual scary films are the ones that keep me thinking and on edge after the film is over, the longer it lasts the better.
Alien was pretty scary in that sense, The Others also for under my skin, last film to get me disturbed for a while as 78's Invasion of the Body Snatchers... Trying to remember some other, most horror films only scared me as a kid.

I dunno man. I remember being deeply unsettled the first time I watched the Exorcist. Poltergeist as well.

Poltergeist freaked me out when I saw it the first time.

sinister,2012, I thought was pretty good, surprisingly survived blum houses slaughter of real horror, also A24 has done a fantastic job reviving it with films like the witch, crawled in my skin with that scary ass score, and it comes at night

It Comes At Night was fucking awful and fuck you if you trick anyone into watching it.

But the witch was mediocre, not horror just a bit spooky and then they all starting flying for no good reason.

lmao btfo here summer fag
>actually thinking that there were monsters
it was about the nightmares of the unknown and how far loyalty and trust goes

You are to smart. They don't make films for people as intellegent as you.

horror is a broad fuckin term, there's so many subgenres like slasher, "spooky", supernatural, some thrillers, all you fags just want jump scares

Most retarded and narrow minded opinion/review of the month goes to

what the actual fuck is going on here?

Cultural enrichment

A band of Syrian doctors, astrophysicists, and humanitarians try to convince a racist white supremacist trucker that he should help them move to the EU.

>watch Child's Play as a kid
>scares the goddamn shit out of me
>nightmares for weeks
>it's under my fucking bed gonna grab my ankle
>memories of those fears give me chills even later in life
>watch movie again expecting pure fear
>it's a goddamn doll with a goofy voice and makes jokes and dumb faces wtf

I was honestly disappointed. We'll never be innocent kids again. Now I have my own kid and I know it's my responsibility to show her all the horror I can while it can still terrify her.

Force yourself to watch the Shining a couple times.

Every other horror movie isn't as scary so you'll be fine after that.

Also remind yourself it's just a fucking movie and they're actors. It's not real.

Zombie Invasion. Or refugees trying to stop and board a truck. Both look the same.

>dont find monsters in movies scary at all
>seeing shadows of monsters in the dark makes me paranoid as fuck for the next month

pic related

im scared to walk around my house in the dark now because of this fucking movie

what movie is that?

so its just Syrians refu's trying to hitch a ride?

thats actually scary. Id be scared to walk around at night with those people running around

>how is this scary? just a nigga in a mask

liberal here
I don't want that
I doubt anyone does

The Conjuring 1 was scary, 2 was just jumpscares, 3's gonna be even worse

youtube.com/watch?v=382njADcWvE

Yes, these people are scum.

Looked more like Somalis / Africans to me

so why should it be that you and I should get along so awfully?

Looks like something made by edgy film students.

>looks obviously shot on a phone and run through a Le Olde Timey filter

ftfy

>it comes at night

Just read the synopsis

Wow it's fucking nothing

Literally how is that supposed to be scary

This is only scary if you're a racist.