Hypercrisis-Batman edition

What was the point of Morrison's batman run again ? was batman his own creator, was he supposed to be elevated to the status of a god ?
Also hypercrisis thread i guess

bump for answers, what was the main point of morrison's run on batman

cmon Sup Forumsmrades give me something

Batman is a symbol.

The concept is bigger than the man, but that is only because of the man.

Why do people get triggered by Batman beating up people with super powers? He's a symbol for the indomitable human spirit, that's why he always wins. Its just like how humanity always beats the super advanced alien invaders in sci fi movies.

>was batman his own creator
Darkseid, the New God of Evil, inadvertently helps to crate Gotham City--the machine that makes Batman.

There's a lot of theories around it, I guess it just depends on how far down the Symbology rabbit hole you want to go into subtext.

I have a few screencaps but I haven't read the whole thing myself so I can't comment personally.

This. Morrison's purpose was to demonstrate that Batman is bigger than its own incarnation, hence the Zurr en Ahr (or whatever) plot point. Batman Incorporated was the same thing: Batman (its platonic idea) incarnates (incorporates) in a form that trascends Bruce Wayne. I suppose that, since Bruce is the only one of the big seven that is entirely human, Morrison's run tried to show his ascention to godliness.

Have a mini storytime.

What can we beat but never defeat?

Morrison's whole Fifth World endgame and Batman trascending to a symbol over a person got kind of fucked by New 52 so he scrapped it and got a bit sad

We all know that the nature of the Hypercrisis means that it's still there regardless.

>[

>It never ends
>No Adrien, it never ends

God damn Rebirth has me looking for Watchmen in everything now.

art error in that last panel

>Dick casually shaving on a gargoyle
delightful

although now I'm picturing Dick with a beard

Morrison made a career out of deconstructing and meta takes on reboots, retcons and corporate hold. He would be more aware than that.

I'm sure he's aware of it, but he can still be a bit bummed that a conclusion he had been building to for almost a decade got swept out from under him

Aw man I started to tear up a bit towards the end there...

unsolicitated storytime, but appreciated anyway, it's one of my favourite batman stories/issues.

can you recommend me something like it ? i was thinking of dc one million

>freeze fucks prostitutes while calling them his popsicle wife's name

Huh

Because of the missing Bat symbol?

yarp

>i was thinking of dc one million

If you haven't read DC One Million, read DC One Million.

But Batman doesn't say that during the BTAS opening.

Anyway, I think it's kind of sad how Morrison built up the legacy of Batman by making everything in his books canon, and that he's a symbol for all humanity, and the arc after it (Snyder) tears apart Batman canon in place of Zero Year being the catalyst for the entire (5 year) Batman history, and Batman only being a symbol for Gotham.