Dunkirk is one of the best kinos I've ever seen

In the four years I've been a Sup Forumsirgin, I've never heard such passionate applause during a standing ovation. Only one film has garnered that response from a room full of critics and that's Dunkirk.

This film is amazing on so many levels. I'm not a huge fan of Nolan, but this is without a doubt his best film (I'd say before this his best was The Dark Knight Rises). The cinematography, score, cast, writing, direction. These are all perfect in every regard.

What I wasn't expecting was the cast, or how unconventional it is. Most movies have a defined protagonist and antagonist, this film doesn't. It's all faces in a war, with each person one piece of a puzzle. They have emotional weight and reason to be invested in them but they are a unified force and I love how this film doesn't just put a noticeable face in that crowd, these guys are as nameless and faceless as you imagine a group of soldiers would be.

There's minimal dialogue in this film, and it works well to do so. Plot is advanced through subtle visual and audible cues. Nolan doesn't pander to his audience, if you're too dumb to not get these cues, you need to be smarter.

This film needs, no, REQUIRES, you to see it in 70mm IMAX. The way this film is made, it's with this format in it's very core and it's going to be a challenge to replicate that feeling again. See it in this format if you're going to see the film.

This is without doubt the best made film of 2017, and one of the best films of the decade. Few filmmakers can make such daring films that utilize traditional filmmaking elements with daring execution in a way that is both familiar and new in all the best ways.

i think you are shilling pretty hard for a movie that has not come out yet. faggot!

>I'd say before this his best was The Dark Knight Rises
you blew your bait too quickly

>In the four years I've been a Sup Forumsirgin
fucking kys reddit

DunKino.

Is that poster actually a scene in the movie? It looks awesome.

>tl:dr text
>memes
>kino
Opinion discarded.

this is a letterboxd review

I'm glad they decided to make a film about the British Long-term Strategic Victory[2] at Dunkirk!

>I'd say before this his best was The Dark Knight Rises
opinion discarded as trash. His only good movie is memento. And even if you dig some other best (i'd accept "the prestige" or "inception", maybe even the other 2 batman movies) but TDKR? it's a fucking awful movie. A total piece of shit.
It means you wouldn't know what a good movie is if it slapped it's cock on your face

>>>/reddit/

this

>likes nolan
>shills unreleased movies
>calls others reddit because there's no other way to defend himself against proper arguments

>hates memes
>hates kino
>hates TDKR
>>>/reddit/

British aren't americans doe.

bump

nice essay bro, all i wanna know is if harry styles is hot in it or not

It's physically impossible

Are you serious? I don't know how the fuck you can say that.

The first 5 minutes of TDKR alone cement that film as Nolan's best.

>PG-13
DROPPED

Just watched the trailer

NOT A SINGLE NON-WHITE CHARACTER

WHAT THE FUCK

It's like they don't want it to actually represent England, this is some white nationalist garbage.

Where is Jordan Peele when you need him?

Boycott this trash.

the fellating this movie will receive is going to be epic. and you can almost guarantee it's going to be yet another nolan turd

fucking plebs

>only white cis men
Uhmm no sweetie, it's 2017 so you better go see spider-man k? xoxo

Nolan is a hypnotist. This movie is shit, but people will rave about it for a couple weeks. In a few years people will barely remember it exists. Batman is the exception to the rule.