Samurai Jack SDCC

Adult Swim posted the panel on Samurai Jack
adultswim.com/videos/convention-panels/sdcc-2016-samurai-jack-panel/

Pretty hype except they CUT OUT THE FUCKING CLIPS!

Here's an article with caps of most of the art:
popculturemaven.com/tv/sdcc-16-samurai-jack-adult-swim/

A description of the clips in a little more detail from someone who was there:
geektyrant.com/news/samurai-jacks-comic-con-footage-proves-the-new-series-will-be-ultra-badass

>The panel ended with an actual animated clip from the series in which we see a group of Aku worshipers in a cave/temple wearing black cloaks. There is a woman giving birth on a rock and over the course of the scene she gives birth to seven babies who are all laid out on an alter in front of an Aku shrine. The woman giving birth is screaming and the babies are crying. The woman who lays the babies on the alter says, “Seven daughters to do your bidding master. They will succeed where so many others have failed and we will find favor in your glory.” That's where the clip ends.

Pic related, it's a member of Aku's fangirl cult.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84700187/
youtube.com/watch?v=4V7jPzXg7eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that clip description

That's some berserk shit, bruh

Also finished these from previous thread
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84700187/

Designs for the Seven Deadly Daughters

holy shit

>“Seven daughters to do your bidding master. They will succeed where so many others have failed and we will find favor in your glory.”

Jack is getting his own harem now?

BALLS DEEP

are those really the designs?

i dont believe it, specially after the description...

Someone managed to record the audio for the new opening

youtube.com/watch?v=4V7jPzXg7eg

Holy fuck they weren't kidding about new Jack being more adult-oriented.

I'm starting to worry they're going to get a bit carried away with being Berserk and lose sight of a little something that made the original series special in the process.

Hey, there's a chance the woman is still alive, that's

Well I suppose not a huge improvement from a Berserk situation.

...No. user asked drawfags to make designs for them.

Here's a different artist's take

>implying fucking Aku daughters isn't the best way to get back at Aku

How well would Jack fare in Post Eclipse Berserk?

>Implying Aku would ever allow it

Oh, he's going to fuck them alright.

Jack Will give them all the D BALLS DEEP

>Jack killing children hellspawn.
I would have thought they'd all be fully grown in a day. The 7 deadly sin theme is nice though

Shapeshifting.
They present themselves however they want.

I think Jack would absolutely kill Aku's children, even if they were babies; they're Aku's. Best to destroy them before they grow up and destroy anyone else.

>TFW Aku goes full 'Fullmetal Alchemist'
I think they are all fully mature but their forms are just different.

>Aku lady minions

Also they really took that mature rating to heart. Right out the gate we're Cultists and Childbirth
They'll likely be adults, there's probably going to be ethical issue over killing brainwashed kids sacrificed to Aku. At the very least Jack will probably feel bad about it if they're still kids

10/10

FYI, the creature in the OP pic and this one are apparently the daughters. They've all got Aku's horns and are completely black.

Oh man, How I wish I attended SDCC just to be at that panel.

I'm getting the feeling they're just humans raised by Aku, the horns blackness and masks aren't actually a part of them, just a uniform he gave them.
I see they didn't completely abandon robocarnage, good for them.

They've said a theme in the show will be Jack killing his first flesh-and-blood person, how that jades him, how he takes it.

The rave episode, he knew those kids were just under a spell, hypnotized by Aku.
But actual beings spawned from Aku? No better than Aku himself, maybe even worse.

If they do end up being kids, Jack meeting them would probably be part of the finale. "...Attacking the defenseless is fine if you call them Evil first, isn't it, Samurai? Not even Aku would slaughter little children..."

>I'm getting the feeling they're just humans raised by Aku, the horns blackness and masks aren't actually a part of them, just a uniform he gave them.
There was an SDCC user here (the one we first heard about the daughters from) who said the babies were all born black like Aku.

>Jack killing his first flesh-and-blood person, how that jades him, how he takes it.

Its hard to believe that Jack hasn't killed anyone made of flesh so far, even before he fought Aku for the first time, and its not like there is much difference between killing a flesh being and the countless self aware robots with feelings that he already killed.

Most robots weren't aware, those that were were pretty much literal monsters except Noirbot who he had an uneasy feeling about.
Also he probably killed a few of those Bounty Hunters.
However it depends on how he kills them, the sword sort of removes any moral issue since the sword can't harm good people so in the end he'll only have ever hacked someone who deserved to pieces.
If he kills them without the sword for all he knows he killed someone who only looked evil.
Oh nevermind then.

>They've said a theme in the show will be Jack killing his first flesh-and-blood person, how that jades him, how he takes it

Are you kidding me? Are we really going the capeshit route and did they forget the time he killed all those human bounty hunters?

Don't tell me they forgot about the fact that the sword can't fully kill Aku as well.

reminder this is from a storyboard artist on the old show

>a theme in the show will be Jack killing his first flesh-and-blood person, how that jades him, how he takes it

And this killed my hype.

>sword can't fully kill Aku

Why is that?

>Don't tell me they forgot about the fact that the sword can't fully kill Aku as well.
>sword can't fully kill Aku

According to Aku. The only person who ever tried was Jack's father and he could only imprison Aku. Aku doesn't think Jack has what it takes to finish what his father started.
The entire point of the sword is that it's the only thing that can destroy Aku. If Jack weren't capable of completely destroying Aku there would be no fucking point in trying.

How the hell should I know? It's Genndy's show. In the first episode and Birth of Evil, Aku was only temporarily trapped in the sword. Aku even says several times in the series that Jack and his father both don't have the power to fully vanquish him.

Yeah those assassins in the snow? Should be dead.

Not canon.
Also he's using the sword, fucker clearly deserved it.

These are a drawfags concept designs

>They've said a theme in the show will be Jack killing his first flesh-and-blood person, how that jades him, how he takes it.
>Jack killing his first flesh-and-blood person

So they didn't bother watching the old show then?

After seeing at the art, the only thing I can say for sure is that the background art looks gorgeous.

Genndy himself said that m8.