interstellar

bladerunner i guess

Babylon A.D.

Pitch Black

Came here to post this.

what kind of sci fi do u prefer?

Primer

that runescape movie

Imagine being that guy with a sea of shit for a career who did absolute kino starting out that no one remembers you for

Mfw

Sunshine is more of a slasher film than sci-fi.

I would say Arrival.

You would be wrong

Or Contact, if you had taste.

Wrong on taste for Arrival or my low opinion of Sunshine as a sci-fi movie. I stand behind that. I felt like they pulled a bait and switch there.

>Smart people acting stupid: the movie

Sunshine was terrible. Almost "Life"-tier when it came to the characters making decisions.

I don't mind the bait and switch, it's a damn epic movie. No I don't really like Arrival all that much, it's good but it feels like a step down from Sicario which in turn felt like a step down from Prisoners and Enemy which has me worried about Blade Runner, not that I care that much.

Repo Man if you want bizarre irreverent humour.

I would say Arrival is Villeneuve's best film. Just taken as a whole: soundtrack, narrative, pacing/direction. Prisoners is KINO but felt derviative of other works, which forces me to rank it below Arrival. Sicario, even more derivative, and honestly lacked character development or 'soul'. It just felt like some on rails shooter, moving set piece to set piece with a strong independent womyn at the forefront. Didn't really do the subject material justice. Real life Mexican drug war stories are more terrorizing than than Sicario's script. And that leaves us Enemy... Yeah. That's a troll/stoner movie. I purposefully watched it drunk, having been forewarned about how ludicrous it was. I was nodding off at the end, and it seemed obvious to my drunk mind what the twist was.

only right answer

You have probably already scene everybody's favorite since they will all be well known movies. How about some lessor known movies like Moon.

Solaris

I would say the biggest problem with Blunt in Sicario is her character doesnt come off strong enough. She constantly telegraphs her emotions and whilst pretty operator she should be more ice man on the surface instead of questioning Josh Brolin every 5 minutes like some tagalomg npc. Enemy is great if you like that sort of thing, far more cohesive than say a Lynch movie or a Jodorowsky movie in terms of navigating it's "what does it all mean" territory

all of the Riddick movies are good and the voice acting in the games is second to none.

I really hope thats Tarks work

Chronicles is ok despite pg13 and Riddick is just a litty raunchy monster flick that's pretty fun but derivative of Pitch Black

Pandorum

There is a prequel of pitch black that was aired on the scifi channel pre movie release.
Its on youtube and fun if you can watch it.
Claudia Black is in it huuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhh

Fifth Element

V A L E R I A N
A
L
E
R
I
A
N

Oblivion for it's soundtrack, visuals, reference to Chris Marker's "La Jetee" (why do I never see any critics mention this?). It's a romantic movie foremost though, the subject is not "how do we kick alien's asses" but what is being human, what is noble, what is love and how does it endure?