Darien Gap

>Darien Gap
>Panama hasn't built a single road in the area to connect North and South America
Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_and_Latino_Americans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is not like Colombia has half of the responsibility for the lack of road connection between Panama and Colombia. It is all Panama's fault.
In a more serious note...
Right now, it would be a very unpopular move for any Panamanian government to do this.

I wonder why can't the road be built next to the ocean so it would disturb the least ammount of virgin jungle..

The green area is also exaggerated. The Pan-American road ends in Yavisa. This is how it looks in that part.

There is nothing there
Ferries exist and Colombia has other infrastructure related issues now that are far more important than filling the gap

>virgin jungle
I like the sound of that

That would be a good idea.

Why do you want to connect the best continent in the world to S*uth Am*rica?

Multiple South American countries are nicer than Mexico

Rude

Expense and cartels own the area.

That possibility actually existed for a while as to not disturb the gap, however was discarded or put on hold because of all the illicit stuff going on in the gulf of Urabá (paisas do it again)

no idea what you are talking about.

the coast is the same as the hinterland, it's deep jungle. if anything it's more difficult to build in the coast, more montainous.

It is haunted by Scottish ghosts

Isn't that pure jungle and mountains?

yes it's national parks mostly, very fragile and biodiverse. it's the reason there's no serious plans for roads there.

Not a good idea. Increased drug trade, risk of imported agro diseases from Central America, damage to the ecosystem etc.

Kek they say exactly the same here but reversed.
Like instead of
>risk of imported agro diseases from Central America
They would say
>risk of imported livestock diseases from South America

That would make it easier for Colombians and Penezuelans to reach our border, so no.

Are you stupid? Colombians are not trying to go to Mexico. There are like 20 k colombians there and about 15 k mexicans here so we could say the same shit

2 reasons.

1. Fuck Colombia, they'll try to invade us culturally and the only thing stopping that is the majestic providence of god manifested in the hellhole that is the darien gap.

2. Fuck Colombia, they'll turn our entire country into an illegal drug route even more so than we already are and fill us with violent narco-terrorists.

Seriously, Fuck Colombia 1903 best year of my life.

Such a project would face huge financial, political and environmental obstacles. Frankly I'd hate to see the gap go. The Darien gap is one of /trv/'s few memes. Don't take it away from them.

The jungle extends to the coast.

NiBBa your whole existence is an offshoot of Colombian manners, customs and culture. Just end yourself

>Fuck Colombia, they'll try to invade us culturally

Got some bad news
>*peers down clipboard*
>*glances up weakly*
you may want a chair for this
>*clears throat and pours a glass of water*
you're already a spic

America best ally

1/3 of your country are spics

pipe down, pedro

Struck a nerve?

Coastal roads are significantly less harming for the environment.
~11000 years of prehispanic existance
320 years as a Spanish colony
82 years of interrupted dependency of Nueva Granada / Colombia
114 years as it's own republic

I am not the other guy. I get he is being rude. But it is not fair that Panamenian culture is an offshoot of Colombians. Ofcourse there are similarities do to the proximity and history but it is not the same thing.

Pd. I have nothing against Colombians, but it triggers me to see Colombian hats everywhere. Specially at parades or festivals that are meant to celebrate Panamanian culture. I mean, people use Sombreros Pintados for that and when you see a Colombian hat it is like he thinks its close enough and that no one will notice.

LMAO
/thread

War when? We need some fun in this continent.

Jesus Chirst. Lord, save us!

Still lower Crime rate than Venezuela, brazil and The hellish trifecta in Central America. They consider a lot of shit as terrorism, even attacks with 0 victims like blowing up a pipeline and that sort of stuff

why would mexicans move to colombia

>~11000 years of prehispanic existance
What pre-Hispanic cultures did you have?

Good question i’d Like to know the answer for. I’ve met A Lot lately, maybe they make more here

It's closer to 10-12%. It's really comparable to black Americans. Obviously this is much higher in border states.

btw colombia is always trying to step on us,
why could that be
lol actually idgaf, they always fail miserably

We’re the ones winning with this lol

Do comedy my fren,that was a funny image

>mfw I have to educate you about your country
it's closer to 20%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_and_Latino_Americans

Lame ones compared to the Incas, Mayas or Aztecas. But basically we had three regions. Gran Darien, Gran Cocle and Gran Chiriqui. The most advanced cultures were in Gran Chiriqui but they were in a decay when the Spaniards showed up.
The ones in Gran Darien were rather friendly towards spaniards. Panama is a word in Cueva (the Cueva lived in Gran Darien).
In Gran Cocle they were more agressive and actully Paris, a cacique from this region, defited the Spaniards once.

Shit happens bro

>tfw you can't drive from alaska to southern cone
build that fucking road panama!!!!!!

fuck you take the boat ride like everyone else.

we always win. remember? we separated from you :')
tu no sabes que hay indios en todo el continente pedazo de retrasado

>using public transportation in 3rd world countries
i don't want to die

i can drive to singapore but you can't even drive to your neighbor country. sad!

i can't find information in any of these but gran cocle on wiki desu

don't speak to me in subhuman

pls stop

>not driving through the gap anyway

Is that even allowed? No one guard that place right?

Sorry my donkeyfucker/horseshagger friend, but your country already exists only because of drug trade and money laundering.

Not like Panama or Colombia have the money to police an undeveloped border that size.

Once more The burden of the Darien Gab falls in its entirety on the lone Panama . Trusted with the responsibilityity for connecting South America to the rest of the Americas , Panama must build the road , alone , on its own , without help of any of it's immediate neighbors . Such is the price for being slightly more wealthy than your Latin American brothers .

Eh there's a well-known smuggler's path in the jungle where border police routinely patrol, at least on the Panaman side. It's very possible for anyone to cross the gap if you do your research and are willing to take some risks.

This

>rather drive for days, than taking comfy ferry
>thinks can drive, through the middle east and india

Fuck. Now I want you to actually try it.

Here, Gran Cocle is probably were you can find more stuff.

Or you just walk from the town of Sapzurro to La Miel one in Banama, as many people does everyday, including tourists.

It's not an insult, just being truthful. The same can be said for our border with the US. Most of it is just a janky 10m gap in the trees that isn't even monitored, pic related

Yes. It is guarded. I guess people can still pass since the area is very selvatic and it is pretty much impossible to guard the entirety of the border. But there is a great risk of getting caught by SENAFRONT.

>Sapzurro to La Miel
Yeah of course but that requires getting there from the main land. As far I know there are no scheduled ferry services or anything like that so you have to try and find somebody to take you on a boat from each settlement to the next.

Also that's kinda cheating desu. You're avoiding the gap this way, not crossing it. Real men walk across the jungle.

>But there is a great risk of getting caught by SENAFRONT.

Even if that happens, would they honestly care if I'm a white adventurous foreigner coming from Colombia and have my Panaman visa in order? What are they gonna do? Arrest me? Make me pay a fine? Send me back into the jungle?

Do you remmember Operacion Escudo? I think SENAFRONT was sending using that path Cubans back to Colombia.

then hide your flag
sure if you want to be murdered by a colombian
youre too nice. STOP

It's the alternative name for Sup Forums.

Could there theoretically be a bridge between Panama and Colombia across the Gulf of Uraba?

I guess if you have your papers with you, there should be no problem. But if you are entering from Colombia and have no papers they just send you back from were you came. I am guessing the same would happen if you enter Colombia with no papers.

The Gulf of Uraba is entirely within Colombia, lad.

>sure if you want to be murdered by a colombian

I'm willing to take some risks.

You underestimate how much money our countries can get their hands on

>I guess if you have your papers with you, there should be no problem.

That's what I figured. I don't see how it's that different from avoiding the gap by doing the Caribbean Sea route. There's no official border crossing there obviously but I've heard that it's fine if you register with the police in the nearest major town ( for Columbia that's Turbo. not sure about Panama) if you've got your visas in order.

Honestly the missing road link in the panamericanos highway is only like 60 fucking kilometers. In a joint effort with Panama we’d get it done in probably less than 2 years. The main issue is the environmentalists and other activists holding us back and the presence of armed groups in that thick bush

> turbo
yeah but you can actually get to sapzurro by boat and literally walk into panama

Well yes. But the problem is not money. Panama has a fair amount of wealth and Colombia has the help of the US for this kind of stuff.
But as you know, the border is uninhabited completly void of any sort of development or infrastructure. It is selvatic. It is humanly imposible to guard 100% of it, no matter how much money we put into it.

>I'm willing to take some risks.
is that you in your pic?

Colombias defense budget is 10 billion USD. Thats like half of Banamanian's GDP.

Oh wow, so it's an official border crossing then? Didn't know that. Still, if you do it hardmode across the jungle you will have to register in Turbo.

kek. I'd call it recklessness. Crossing the Gap is defnitely on my bucket list.

That is a lot of wasted money. You could be using it on infrastructure, schools, hospitals. Paramilitary groups are such a pain in the ass.

>just Chile
>multiple countries

If you don't want to drive through 3rd countries why would you drive to Singapore?

>Colombias defense budget is 10 billion USD
Why? Are the Peruvians eyeing your massive cocaine reserves?

Narcos and communist guerrilla groups

Does Colombia need fighter jets to fight narcos?

Every country's defense budget is just payoffs to friends

Seeing how they paid a terrorist group to attack and kill off their supreme court in the 80's I'd say so. Plus they got a lot of jungle there

i hope you get fucked in the ass by a colombian then
also when you die we pay
so hopefuly you dont even make it out of shitlombia. tensions are rising
>being this naive
its not wasted if they love war, and they do because they carry the evil gene

Pls dont be rude to Hans.

Eh don't worry about it. I've got an expedition across Chukotka planned before I attempt the gap. I'll probably die there already.

t. Literal rebel province

The FARC has been a meme for 20 years.

Panamá shouldn't fell for the interamerican high way meme, we did and connected our country with N*caragua with that damn highway and a month later they invaded use through that damn thing. Its been a problem after problem since then, and it would be the same with Colombia.

Why most Colombians post under flags that are not Colombia's.

t. Displaced chicano

Bro you speak as if Panama were richer than Colombia. We have like 4-5 tiemes your wealth kek

I'm not colombian, guachin.

The road should be bult. The money from road taxes alone makes my mouth water

We’d bleach them so it’s a win for them. Anyways there are like 400 k Colombians in our rightful clay

abrazos desde los

the kind of tourist everyone hates