Animated Features

So if The Killing Joke was a bust then what animated features would you recommend?

Do you mean recent theatrical releases, upcoming theatrical releases, DC features, R-rated movies, animated films recommended for adults, or just good movies in general?

just good animated Sup Forums related movies in general, preferably meant for adults though I'm sure that narrows things down a lot.

Batman stuff:
Mask of the Phantasm
Subzero
Year One
Dark Knight Returns
Under the Red Hood

Other:
Justice League New Frontier
Gods and Monsters
Flashpoint Paradox
Year One

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Wonder Woman is a good one.

Felidae

Animalympics

>made over 3 m on few select screens.
>will be making more on vod and Blu-ray
>user thinks it's a bust.
Lol.

Flashpoint Paradox

Roger Rabbit.

Flashpoint Paradox and Ultimate Avengers were pretty close to the story of those books (Ultimate Avengers being Mark Millar's Ultimates, not the actual Ultimate Avengers)

Dark Knight Returns is in 2 parts and is basically animated version of Frank Miller's exact story. The animation and voice acting is a little cringe in a few spots but I thought it was a great portrayal of the book

A lot of the "movies" turn out mediocre and in some cases, terrible. Certain animated series I think were a lot stronger. Stuff like Justice League, 90's Spider-Man, etc

Do people really like Flashpoint Parodox? I just thought it was obscene and the animation was ugly as sin.

Just saw TKJ, I feel robbed

Does it have to be cape related?
Fire & Ice is certainly worth a watch. I'm genuinely shocked it doesn't get talked about on Sup Forums ever. It has everything most people here love. Action, adventure, badass warriors, smoking hot babes in skimpy clothes, gay warlocks with mommy issues, and dope animation.

This guy knows what's up!

>Only 1 Wallace & Gromit film
git gud, son.

It may be a commercial success but I think it's a bust in terms of quality.

OP watch The Batman vs. Dracula and Superman vs. The Elite. JL: War is okay.

>Asterix & The Vikings
I thought that movie was average at best. I mean, the animation was quite fluid but that was pretty much it. Also, the Vikings aren't as interesting as the Egyptians or the Romans.

>Batman Vs Dracula
Unfortunately, user, that film was lost in the late 60's. If you have a copy, that shit is worth millions to the right collector. eBay that shit!

60's Batman would annihilate Dracula. Just throw anti-vampire chemicals at his face.

Bust?

I thought it was pretty great.
Then again I saw it in theaters so I was seeing it in the best way possible which always bumps any movie experience up.

If anything I'd think that watching this on a big screen would have been worse because the awful colouring and animation would just become that much more noticeable.

if i skip the '1st act' of killing joke is it good?

>that animation on the big screen
no thanks

I liked it. Though I didn't hate the first act either.

>theater
>best way possible

Sure, if you like paying out the ass to watch a movie on an overly large screen surrounded by assholes on phones and the artificial stench of overly buttered popcorn.

Seeing a movie in theaters is only worth it if it's a good horror movie or a good comedy, because the audience tends to react together, which is a genuinely fun experience. Almost shitting your pants at the same time as the person next to you is a great way to make a friend, or at the very least have a good time.

Also your taste is shit, Killing Joke was total ass.

Batman/Superman apocalypse

what is an example of good coloring?

what do you guys hate about the killing joke?

Mask of the Phantasm is easily the best original animated batman

Also TDKR is great too