Well that was fucking depressing

Well that was fucking depressing.

You never watched the original cartoon did you my fellow ausfag?

How did you know both of those things?

Firstly, I'm old enough to have watched the original when it first aired here. Shit was always miserable because he'd get his arse kicked constantly and nearly 'die'. Fucking traumatised me.
Secondly, I'm old enough to have kids with bad taste.

You didn't mention how you determined his nationality.

Nigger it just aired on free-to-air tv here and we're approaching real australian hours.

I remember watching this movie.

I like it.

>Shit was always miserable because he'd get his arse kicked constantly and nearly 'die
The themes in the movie are way darker and harder on the feels than the standard "hero fights villain and nearly dies" routine.

It was good, I like it too, but fuck it got dark at some points.

That makes sense, but shit, was I supposed to know that? I thought it had something to do with it recently airing on television.

That's Osamu Tezuka for you. Currently I'm reading Buddha and it's fucking heartbreaking.

I figured he either saw it on TV or was one of those faggots who pays for a Sup Forums pass and could see flags and IDs or some shit

Okay. I know this is just an obvious observation but I don't know Aussie timezones or channels. So I'm still impressed.

Hello I am an Astro Boy spin-off and also the saddest manga ever written.

why is it depressing? did the robot boy kill himself trying to save the world before he could become a real boy or something?

>important scientist dude who builds robots does a demonstration
>his kid (name's Toby, it's important later) gets killed when it goes horribly wrong
>father goes crazy and uses magical energy source to build a robot boy with kid's memories (obtained from kid's hair in the cap that was left when kid was vaporized) to replace him
>father slowly comes to realize that it's not real and is constantly reminded of his dead kid whenever he looks at robot
>robot doesn't know any better, and having Toby's memories, thinks he's a real boy and loves dad
>discovers he has crazy powers
>oh boy! Gotta show dad
>comes home as father decides he doesn't want to live with this reminder, tells him he's not real and that he doesn't want him
>boybot is devastated, leaves
>things happen and he's captured because some asshole wants the energy source that keeps him alive
>father reluctantly is the one to harvest it from his chest
>"I'm sorry I couldn't be a better Toby to you, dad..."
>father changes his mind and puts it back because he loves him after all! Happy fun action and a feel-good ending after the final battle

Leik my blog if u cri evrytim

could be worse. it could've been like that anime movie metropolis.

Oi cunts.

I really loved the 80s cartoon as a kid (rented the videos). I always avoided this movie, but is it actually good?

TV series adaptation when?

>buy this thinking it will be a nice simple shooter
>opening scene is a child smashed in a car windshield
>mid-point of the game is literally a genocide

I was not expecting this.

I thought it was gud, although I've never watched the cartoon. Had the feel of a Pixar/Dreamworks movie that occasionally punches you right in the heart.

i like it