ITT: Unpopular movies you love

ITT: Unpopular movies you love

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L_NfCmTkLPQ?t=55s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dat wet t-shirt

How can you not love this?

youtu.be/L_NfCmTkLPQ?t=55s

I love the Purge movies, unapologetically.

I'd go as far as calling it my favorite Raimi's film

I think I just watched the movie with the wrong mindset.
I was expecting a serious horror movie so I was kinda taken aback by the comedic elements as I wasn't sure if they were intentional.
I'll have to rewatch it I guess.

it's fucking sam raimi, how in the world would you expect serious horror from him?

down the shore

Didn't even know he directed, someone just put it on and all the weirdness just played out

that's not an excuse, he also has very distinct and instantly recognizable style that's impossible not to pick up on if you have seen any of his movies, even fucking spiderman

No-one thinks this is a masterpiece or anything but it's hardly "unpopular".

I love that scene where the rain is filling up the grave

Greasy Strangler
Enders Game
Punisher Warzone

See them get nothing but hate, but I think theyre all great

>that ending
>those screams

>no sequel

Dropped. What is he waiting for?

The Resident Evil movies, I love how mad nerds get because W.S. Anderson didn't make them like the vidya.

Its a good movie.

Raimi makes some good shit. He's a fun director and I imagine an absolute joy to work with. Especially if Bruce Campbell is there too.

The original is much better

I don't think people would mind so much if they weren't god awful dog shit trash ass sewage shitting dick nipple black devil cum in just about every other aspect

>I love how mad nerds get because W.S. Anderson didn't make them like the vidya.

that's not at all why people get mad at them tho

I don't know if it's unpopular or not but I just watched it and loved it. Now I'm gonna watch it again.

I'm not exactly sure if it's unpopular but I've literally never met anyone who knew the movie.

i knew it. great movie despite the shitty makeup effects

independence day

armageddon

most sequels; robocop 2, ghostbusters 2, jurassic park the lost world etc

the mummy (i know, loved on Sup Forums, but it got shitty reviews)

ghost in the shell

i thoroughly enjoy all transformers movies (haven't seen the newest one)

prometheus and covenant

arrival

It was good up until the end.

If they had ended up in Hell, it would have been perfect. Poster if fukken tite tho

unironically one of the best movie posters i have ever seen

i especially liked the part in which Shia LaBeouf is denied the hat, like he won't receive the indy mantle

>even fucking spiderman
>dat scene where doc ock's arms first come to life

>despite the shitty makeup effects
Fuck you they were great.

Best superhero movie hands down. I hope JL surpass it

probably one of the most popular movies of the genre in the last decade. audiences loved it, and it's actually good, too.

not really
but Louis Gossett Jr. still was great in it

this movie is fantastic. truly raimikino

its immensely popular on Sup Forums with the exception of vocal contrarians. the problem with it's popularity stems from the fact that the marketing team sold a horror film, and what the viewer got was an excellent period drama with supernatural elements

Hilarious and captures the real life characters way better than any other film portrayal.

watched this again today. funny film

Mic-key mozze iz ah uhgalee head!

This was a great fucking movie, and I don't care what anyone says. It has just the right amount of creepy and mystery, and does what it's trying to do very well.
Fuck anyone who tries to compare this movie to any other 10/10 movies, while comparing other movies to movies of similar caliber or genre. Seriously, fuck this board and their pretentious and arbitrary ways of decided what is and isn't a good movie. Just about every movie in this thread so far was shit on by Sup Forums.

I liked it. I went into it completely cold after confusing it for years with that other nick cage movie from around the same time. The one where he can see the immediate future and the direct consequences of his actions and has to save the world.

I don't care what anyone says, Van Helsing was a great film.

Yeah I forget the name of that one, but it was shit. At least with Knowing, even though Cage was the 'main character' it wasn't all about him, and turned out to be about Caleb (the son) way more.

Also that creepy as fuck little girl Lucinda scratching the numbers into that door had be certifiably spookered, as did the scene where the kid looks out his window and sees the man standing there, and then everything is on fire.

It had the perfect amount of camp and genre cliches. In a weird way, it was about a decade before it's time. If it was made now, there would be an entire cinematic universe of spinoffs and crossovers.

the demons in the robes were scary as fuck. Especially the one just like sitting in the chair facing a wall in the dark, and the other ones wandering around.

Also that girl who was like stalking the cameraman was so creepy.

Every time I see that poster I see Keira Knightley on it, and it's annoying, as I know it's not actually her.

>it was shit
I liked it for the one reason that I didn't see the end coming. Movies are so formulaic that I really appreciate any deviation from the standard. Coincidentally I think that's what also makes the knowing stand out. Especially if you go in knowing nothing about it besides nick cage.