War of Planet of Apes spoiler thread

Have you seen it now? What did you think?

>War of Planet of Apes
>there's no fucking war

Boring as shit movie. Whoever had the idea to have apes do sign language needs to be gassed

You do realise apes can use sign language irl?

>t.kiddie who likes Bayformers and the Star Wars prequels

Yes, but that doesn't make for a good fucking movie you retard.

Sign language is fine. But the second half needed better pacing. The first half is to me as good as the Ape series can get.

There is a war though. What you're complaining about is the lack of big battle scenes, which only pleb movies rely on. All the best war movies are about the hardships and experiences of men who fight, and the effect war has on them. I'd have been disappointed if this movie had just been explosions.

I liked it. I'm really glad there wasn't an actual war. I was dreading a 15 minute scene where a bunch of nameless apes fight a bunch of nameless humans just to appease brainlets like this retard here Luckily the writers didn't go that route and did something unexpected.

My only two complaints are why did Nova have no reaction to her father being murdered? How the fuck did the Colonel capture Ceaser's apes and teleport them to the border? I thought they were going in a completely different direction?

>thinks the entire movie is only about apes using sign language
>Calls others retarded

You're an extra special kind of mong aren't you

>Brainlet who likes Bayformers

its called war FOR
theres two factions of humans fighting for supremoucy of the humankind in a ape society

>go to a seafood restaurant
>they only serve pork

Don't fucking sell me a false bill of goods

>teleport

You literally see a convoy of military vehicles at one point

>"Hurr my movies need explosions everywhere to make them good just like my Japanese cartoons"

How the fuck are grown adults going to see this movie and not rolling in the aisles with laughter at the absurdity of it.

A 100% super ultra serious movie... ABOUT FUCKING CGI MONKEYS WITH GUNS RIDING HORSES AND WAGING WAR

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

>inb4 muh writing, muh mocap, muh action, muh Andy Serkis

It's a movie about fucking monkeys with guns you goddamn fuckin man babies. Have some goddamn respect for yourselves.

So are the names Nova and Cornelius just homages to the original or are those supposed to be the same characters?

lol. Most accurate post ITT

I thought the beginning was kinda retarded when talking about the previous movies.
RISE
DAWN
WAR
Yes, we get it. We've seen the others.

What are your favorite films?

Anything on IMDB's top 250 xD

I thought it was pretty good. Misleading title could trigger action fags though.

Best trilogy of all time? No fucking way, the second movie was shit besides Koba.

I laughed out loud when that happened it was ridiculous.

>ABOUT FUCKING CGI MONKEYS WITH GUNS RIDING HORSES AND WAGING WAR
So it's just like any other war movie, only CGI?

homages

Top tier kino until about the last 5 minutes. Convient avalanche to kill everyone, allowing apes to escape. Caesar travels for weeks through the dessert with an untreated flesh wound no problem (why not get it treated) then suddenly dies from it for no reason.

Also weird that Nova doesn't care about her dead father or protector or whoever he was but then cries tears for the apes that killed him. Maybe there were implications that she was mistreated by the human man, perhaps because of her illness, but I must have missed that.

I entered this thread in hopes someone would ask this first.

>dessert with an untreated flesh wound no problem
He let the tip of the arrow stay in, while dangerous it's a lot less dangerous then pulling it out.

>implying that you're not a manchild that still watch spiderman movies

samefag

It was a movie that relied way too heavily on coincidence.

The avalanche was embarrassingly stupid.

In comparison to an expected avalanche?

Two thousand years have passed bybthentime Heston returns to Earth in the 68 film, so im going to guess that it was an homage.

How the fuck would they communicate them? The don't have vocal muscle developed enough to talk all the time.

I thought Caesar was going to go much darker than he did, so a little disappointed we didn't get to see a burgeoning tyrant/ dictator Caesar, who makes some harsh, brutal calls.

When you consider how heavily the ending parallels the story of Moses and the book of Exodus, the avalanche makes a lot more sense. It's the Ape equivalent of the parting of the red sea.

It was a good movie, expected more emotion but hey its a war movie

I wanted more speaking apes. Only Caesar and Bad Ape speaking while all the others still had to sign was lame.

I loved the movie but I do agree that it could have been marketed a bit differently.

Fucking brainlet

Pretty good my ranking goes rise>war>dawn

I wanted the same but as soon as I saw that this was only two years after Dawn I quickly tempered my expectations.

test

Only 2 years? I thought it was 5 because the prologue said that War took place 15 years after Rise, and I thought Dawn took place 10 years after Rise. Guess I was wrong.

God damnit i wanted a james franco reference, without rise this new series wont be worth shit. All we got was visions of fucking dindu koba

It just goes to show how fucked is the current state of blockbusters

Stop samefagging stupid piece of shit

>literally all advertisements for this movie has fighting
>posters are a monkey army against a human army
>there is literally no battle in the film at all

Dawn>Rise>>>>>>>>>War. Fuck that shit.

go to bed Matt

>WAAAHHH SOMETHING OTHER THAN CAPESHIT OR STAR WARS

>I hate this movie because I watched the trailers

Honestly how can anyone take you retards seriously?

>Have you seen it now? What did you think?

Woody Harrelson is the evil white man incarnate, Caesar is the black opressed man who is good and want the best for all.

More (((propaganda))) from Hollywood.

Why did Harrelson got sick in one day by touching the doll but that kid's father was just fine?

Yeah dipshit, when every motherfucker comes running up and conveniently get killed off like that? Fuck you, that's bad writing.

>Coincidence
>Massive explosions on a snowy mountainside

Uhhh user....

I don't think you understand how avalanches are caused.

>none say (you)

What were you trying to accomplish here?

You don't know what bad writing is

>guy says he's samefagging
>proves that he isn't
hurr durr y der no (((((you)))))

Not that user, but I thought that was pretty clever. Caesar has no real idea how big the explosion is going to be, and he's shortsighted enough to just throw the grenade without too much regard for the consequences (I mean, he's desperate).

Then when the avalanche comes, and the apes end up surviving, you get a nice little moment where all the apes get to enjoy the fact that, not only was their escape successful, it ended up, totally by accident, eliminating all the potential threats to their livelihood.

I don't really see how it's poor writing, since the film could easily have just ended with the apes fleeing from the conquering army, which would have been implied to have succumbed to the mutated simian flu shortly after.

Just because the resolution was neat doesn't mean the writing was bad. The avalanche scene was one of the sickest parts of the movie.

Doesn't prove those three aren't all the same user, just different from this one contrarian

>hurr durr stoopid speek in greentext

Dawn already had the scene where Caesar goes back to Franco's house and watches the video of himself learning sign language from him. It was a nice callback but they didn't need to do it again here.

>not only was their escape successful, it ended up, totally by accident, eliminating all the potential threats to their livelihood.
>Lets celebrate the death of hundreds of humans driving them even more towards extinction
Damn dirty apes

However I do wish that Ceaser had a final line about how apes should not hate humans but pity them

Were there any meme worthy lines in War? Like "No!" and something from Dawn that I forgot?

GOOOO WEEEEE WEEEEEE

SO EMOTIONAL

Honestly, it fucking sucked, and I seriously enjoyed the last two movies.

There's a monkey that's a meme and can barely speak right. All the normies in the audience lost their shit.

Yeah saw it with a friend. It was better than the first one, I thought that film was garbage. Never saw the second one because I didn't care. The CGI looked really good during closeup face shots and other times not so much. Was a bit too predictable though.

After you understand what's happening with WOody Harrelson and the base even I was able to predict what was going to happen and was mostly right and I'm a retard.

Bad Ape?

Y'all take the Bible seriously but a Deus ex Machina in a film is suddenly too much?

>you share a board with people that unironically think this movie was too slow
jesus christ, how embarrassing

Fantastic movie. Great trilogy. Only real quibble was the ending.

>Maurice, we have finally won the War for the Planet of the Apes. I must now die because I am still bleeding from a wound I got weeks ago from the man I spared.

I don't think that was her father. I think it was a soldier who deserted because he couldn't shoot a little girl, even if she was a mute retard.

It was beautiful. A perfect conclusion that dovetails into the pre-existent trilogy fairly well.

I never thought that one of the most compelling protagonists of the past twenty years would be a mocap chimpanzee.

I'm not sure how much of their previous lives they remember once the virus completely runs its course.

Can't wait until normies and baby boomers get gassed

>IT WAS BORING
>NO WAR
>VIRUS MUTATING WAS AN ASSPULL

brainlets pls go

>mfw Winter died

LEAVE HIM

To Donkey

>All the normies in the audience lost their shit

I was so confused by this, maybe it's a American thing (I'm currently visiting my brother in the US and we watched it yesterday) but the audience absolutely lost their shit every time bad ape spoke, and the whole theater erupted with laughter when he walked out with his jacket and beanie on, I was so bewildered by the whole situation

Also
>people actually clapped at the end of the movie
I thought this was a meme, I never cringed so hard in my life

WHITE MAN BAD. BLACK APE GOOD.
ape kill white girls father. She sheds no tears. Now hangs with apes.

It was good especially the first half where they stuck to their journey without cutting to anything else

the rest was fine too I suppose, the ending with the explosions was a bit laughable, also Bad ape was not needed and ruined the atmosphere the film had going. I guess I was just hoping for a blockbuster without the forced humor

You saw the movie. She was basically below retarded by that point.

>mfw realizing caesar broke his cardinal rule
>mfw that dream he has of koba shortly after
It was like watching him turned into punished caesar.

I loved that so fucking much.

It was fucking amazing, 9/10. Great trilogy

>when he finally let go of his anger AND got to watch the cornel die colonel

M
O
N
K
I
N
O

Trilogy itself was great, but this movie was the weakest of the 3 by a mile. Least action of the two.

I'd still say it's a far better film that Rise just because of the filmmaking

I thought a missed opportunity for a nice reference would be for the doll to look human and say "mama", calling back to the original PotA with the doll in the cave

it would be retarded if all of them could speak. The fact that only some of them could speak was awesome

I wonder if that would be too much. Shit, even last night with the nova and cornelius reference i wonder how many people in the audience had no clue what those names meant/were referencing

The first time we see Colonel he was trying to kill Caesar. Then they capture Caesar and he doesn't immediately kill him, why?

Nova was literally going dumber and dumber by the second due to the infection. It's why she asked if she was an Ape. She was picking up basic sign language but deep concepts that humans have were losing it. It's why she did not really react to the dude dying. She did react to the gorilla though for some reason.

>the emotions you see on caesar's face during that whole scene
Seriously, serkis and the cg crew deserve some nominations for this movie.

Would probably rather break Caesar than make an ape-martyr.

You sound like some sort of "Le XD"

>implying that LEAVE HIM scene wasn't pure kino