Mememan Memecoming

> no core character arc based on guilt and responsibility
> no sweet urban web-slinging scenes. Worse yet: a meme scene about "u can't web-sling in the burbs lmao" instead
> even less style and personality than ASM
> no independent mythos; everything is rooted in the general MCU clusterfuck

Just give me a reason to watch this one, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man's_powers_and_equipment#Spider-sense
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's faithful to the comics unlike those Sam Raimi movies making it the first REAL Spider-Man movie ever. As a fan of the comics I'd highly recommend it.

yeah it's pretty bad, targeted for american manchildren

the Sup Forums of the MCU

OK. In which way is it faithful? Tone and characterization stuff?

It's NOTHING like the comics. Fuck off and go meme somebody's parent, Joe Shill.

The entire marketing struck to me as HOW DO YOU DO FELLA KIDS??

yeah electric spider suit so faithful

Yet it has a better RT score than Wonder woman.

It's not. At all. It's not even close to Ultimate Spider-Man (the alternate universe comics, not the show of the same name).

It's closer to Miles morales, but even that is a stretch. It's a new take on the character. A What If... ? issue, if you will.

What If... Spider-Man Was Mentored by Iron Man?

>> no core character arc based on guilt and responsibility

yeah.... right... let's have another "uncle ben is dead and I'm responsible for it" movie

>> no sweet urban web-slinging scenes. Worse yet: a meme scene about "u can't web-sling in the burbs lmao" instead

happened several times in the comic and yes, it's funny.

>> even less style and personality than ASM

says you

>> no independent mythos; everything is rooted in the general MCU clusterfuck

ok... let's put the entire 60 years of the character in a 2 hour movie
the only thing that I disliked is the iron man influence on him and way too much tech, the spider sense seems to be there but it's not "visible" and that part is something that really makes the character awesome.

They said that version doesn't have a spider-sence, just enhanced senses.

Then people got butthurt and they said, sure, he may have a spider-sense too.

It's so generic that it doesn't fucking matter in the movie itself if he has one or not.

why do these people exist
no matter the thread, there's always a fucktard defending the latest Marvel garbage
why?

Isn't "Spider-Sense" just enhanced senses? I mean, it's not magic or anything afaik

IF this series flop next reboot will have Black Spider man

so why the rampant shilling last week, and praise and hype, but this week all you fags do a 180 and pretend its shit? wat happened in 1 week besides them revealing like 70% drop off in tickets

If someone asks the question "Give me one reason to watch this movie" and then another persons responds with reasons to watch said movie, why would your mind instantly go to "MARVEL SHILL FUCKTARD"? Fucking mentally ill faggot.

He wasn't giving reasons. He was just countering OP's greentexting with equally shoddy argumentation (as in, literally "says you")

Well they already introduced Miles Morales through his uncle.

There's not a fucking reason in that shitty excuse for a post
>well should they have told the story explaining the core of the character? duh-huh who cares, better replace that with more epic Tony Stark quips
>it happens also in the comics and is funny!
>well that's your opinion!

Nope.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man's_powers_and_equipment#Spider-sense

It's very (when he gets more experienced with it) powerful, he can crash into a window and instinctively avoid getting cut by twisting his body the right way, for example.

You just know they're going to eventually kill off the main characters in the MCU to replace them with the new ones in the comics,
>black spiderman
>female thor
>captain marvel
>kamala khan

Expect to see them on the big screen in the future in an effort to revitalize the MCU

It's just to placade the fans. He'll never be in the movies. They do that kind of shit a lot. There was a huge amount of name dropping like that in the other MCU movies and they never did anything with that.

I imagine the PR people of Marvel listening the autistic nerds mad about an "important" feature not appearing in some movie. They must think: "I could be fucking my wife or her friend right now, but no, I have to listen this neckbeard virgin rant about imaginary shit. Let me say something so that he leaves me alone."

>yeah, actually this is present in the movie, you have just to broad your definition

capeshit is utter garbage

>As a fan of the comics I'd highly recommend it.

opinion disregarded

After the ASM2 fiasco that yet another reboot of Spidey and the 6th film in so many years is on track for 305-310 at least. Major props to MCU.

Sam Raimi's depiction of New Yorkers was pretty condescending, it's like painting corny carictures of New Yorkers while pointing out how stupid he thought comics were. I view the Raimi movies the Batman Forever's of Spider-man movies, that's the reason he couldn't do the Venom origin. His tone was stuck in the Patty Duke and Lassie era. Homecoming updated the innocent and naivete of Peter Parker for our modern age. It's also a love letter to millennials, nerds, New Yorkers, and blue collar families without talking down to them.

>reading any Spider-Man after, and including, Maximum Clonage

Why would you do that to yourself?

Oh hi guys it's me your pal Doc Samson

Shat ap, Moon Moon!!

>insert offhanded comment about him dying his hair green as a rebelious teen

I see your point, but Raimi's tone shift towards campy was made in order to avoid having to continually defuse the inherent ridiculousness of that world of costumed superheroes and villains and making it possible to just focus at face value on a story set in that kind of universe.

Batman Forever isn't any more ridiculous than the Burton Batman films were; it's just more incongruent, tonally and stylistically with the source material.

MCU movies are constantly and desperately joking around about how stupid the silly costumes, silly names, silly coincidences, silly motives and silly story developments are, simply to create an automatic deflection mechanism against any outside criticism on those terms.

Raimi was confident enough to believe in both the source material's potential for unrealistic but worthwhile stories, and the audience's ability to understand the internal logic of that universe. I'll take HIS take any day.

I don't know if I'm tired of these movies overall or what, but this seemed like the most soulless, visionless shit I've seen in a long while.

Wait, Prowler's in MCU?

confirmed for never reading the comics. Pic related. What do you want, the fucking clone saga?

>Black Mary Jane
Why does disney ruin everything they touch?

HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

>Mary Jane
>Michelle

>Didn't pick up on Arron Davis being in the film and mentioning his nephew
>Boasting about his comics prowess because he knows one comic scene from IGN's top 10 Spider-Man moments list.

> no core character arc based on guilt and responsibility
except there is, that's what he's building to in the end, where his responsibilities lie, but you haven't seen the movie like a typical contrarian tryhard
> no sweet urban web-slinging scenes. Worse yet: a meme scene about "u can't web-sling in the burbs lmao" instead
that's the point, you've seen that in the other 5 movies, this one puts spidey in different environments where he's not always in control and it's very engaging
> even less style and personality than ASM
ASM had no cohesion at all, this one sets out to be like a John Hughes highschool movie and succeeds, it actually feels like he's a modern day highschooler
>Just give me a reason to watch this one, Sup Forums
it also has one of the best written villains in capeshit who's both relatable and grounded but legitimately intimidating, I'm sure an epic contrarian like you would like to use him as an example of how bad the rest of the villains in the MCU are

>my friends call me MJ
I don't even get what the fucking point of the character or this line at the very end of the movie was. Spidey is going after this sarcastic turbodyke in the next movie?

literally Childish Gambino plays Prowler

because it's mainstream it's not considered part of Marvel. Bitch please.

So are they gonna kill off Peter? Seems kind of weird since he'll go from being 15 to like 23 suddenly.

No, its just weird to boast about recognising such a mainstream Spidey moment. Did you ever consider that maybe the other user did recognise that one minute scene and still thought the film was too different from the comics?

I'm thinking either they're setting up Miles for way down the road, or Sony shoved it in for their non-MCU animated Spider-Man film with Miles Morales (if thats even still being made, who knows with the clusterfuck that is Sony Pictures).

>Worse yet: a meme scene about "u can't web-sling in the burbs lmao" instead
yeah, we all know that classic meme. fucking learn to use words lol

>you haven't seen the movie like a typical contrarian tryhard
Ssso I need to watch the movie in order to be qualified for asking for reasons to watch the movie?

The list in OP is my perception based on one trailer (the one with the Civil War home video) and general buzz, including the RLM review; the only actual reason I've been given outside this post is: "It's funny"

>Casuals are ACTUALLY this casual

Cherry picking?

A few scenes don't make a character. The movie had a completely different Spidey than in any of the comics. Different origin, costume, powers, supporting cast, locations, etc.

He's bullshiting you, there's no core character arc based on guilt and responsibility.
He never gets someone killed or maimed, at most he gets a deli place destroyed (which isn't really his fault).
He starts the movie wanting to be an avenger because it's cool to becoming a responsible hero for some reason.
It's a very shitty character, they stripped him out of the uncle Ben arc so he's overall very undefined, he comes out as undecisive.

I don't know, I thought it was pretty true, it was just an adaptation. I think the Raimi films were done as a movie shot and written like a comic, where this is a movie made as a movie based on comic material. Like it wasn't going to be a literal shot for shot, they needed to make something new.

The only thing that actually bothered me was the Aunt May character. Sure the jokes with everyone thinking she's super hot were funny and all, and whatever if they want to make her younger, but she literally didn't add anything to the film. I was really hoping when she confronts him about sneaking out at night and stuff that they'd talk about Uncle Ben, but w/e.

That's literally a one-issue thing.
Spiderman is a big city hero.

He almost gets everyone on that boat killed since A) he can't hold it together and B) the FBI were already taking care of it before he allowed them to escape.

Yeah, there was an issue of Spider-Man where the idea of him being out of his element in the suburbs was explored, so they decided to have a scene like that in the film.
>Spiderman(sic) is a big city hero.
Obviously, or the joke wouldn't work. What's the problem again?

Except that this Spidey is nothing like the ones in the comics. Just because I can quote the movie Drive doesn't mean I have had the same life experiences as the main character.

>almost
So it's fucking nothing.
His arc in this movie is absolutely fucking shitty because when compared to the monumental tragedy that us Ben dying it nothing has weight on it.
It makes the whole character crumble. We're supposed to believe this hothead teenager suddenly starts acting responsible when he actually got away with everything.

Never said he was, but calling the suburbs scene some kind of le reddit meme screams idiot

>As a fan of the comics I'd highly recommend it.
>fan of the comics
Back to your shithole faggot

>he can crash into a window and instinctively avoid getting cut by twisting his body the right way, for example.
Now thats some bullshit right there

The spidersense as portrayed in the comics is basically sensing the future.
It's bullshit.

>What's the problem again?
your mom not aborting you

*You're

Wait, they grounded it already in Civil War that the Uncle Ben thing was the reason he became Spider-Man. You seriously just wanted a THIRD Spider-Man movie to cover the exact same origin story again?

Are you retarded?

>you should watch this other movie to get the background of this character, since that goes unexplained in his own movie
This is why the MCU is fucking garbage. Fuck that kikery, the jews and you shills that enable them.

Abortion is wrong user

>even less style and personality than ASM

Hey let's not go that far

>You seriously just wanted a THIRD Spider-Man movie to cover the exact same origin story again?
If you're starting over from the beginning then yes, you have to do the origin again. If you don't want to do the origin then don't fucking reboot it. It's not complicated.

>identifying yourself as a children's comic fan
reddit please go

I'm pretty bored with superhero movies especially SM movies since there's been a million reboots and I'm really tired of seeing Peter in fucking High School but decided to see Spiderman. Thought it was really well done, All of the things I thought I would hate ended up being positives.
They really need to work on the suit CGI though, It's not distracting at most points but the opening shot of Spider-man with the suit on was really bad

I respect her for taking a stand against Blumpf.

LOL

>tired of seeing Peter in fucking High School

In Raimi's he was in highschool for like 20 minutes.

Do they address the part where the guy that wanted accountability for metahumans is secretly providing military grade tech to a 15 year old kid?