Egypt's hand is being forced by the construction of the Renaissance Dam in Ethiopia...

Egypt's hand is being forced by the construction of the Renaissance Dam in Ethiopia. The dam would cause massive water shortages in Egypt, potentially leading to widespread famine. Egypt has tried to negotiate with Ethiopia to mitigate the damage of the dam, but Ethiopia has refused. Egypt is running out of options and is growing desperate. Rumors say that Egypt is preparing to launch a massive airstrike against Ethiopia to destroy the dam before it is finished.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9IKqAtJiZUY
youtu.be/kYs-tdS3YOk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabčíkovo–Nagymaros_Dams
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

retarded, they could simply wait for the dam to complete and measure the change before taking a action as drastic as airstrikes.

based Ethiopia

based Ethiopia

my territory my rules

fuck egypt

i hope my BASED muslim brothers in egypt firebomb Ethiopia

Shut the fuck up you retarded faggots. I'm going to have a serious discussion about the geopolitics of the region.

to be fair Egypt would demolish Ethiopia

It'd be another 2003

It’s just a rumor. Egyptians hate the dam because that means that Ethiopia has full control over the water and they can starve us whenever they feel like it. It’s not confirmed if we’ll blow up their dam or not, but if they try to make new water rations for us then we most likely will

sudan is rightful egyptian clay

kys

Sudan is apparently more friendly to Ethiopia in this situation. If war occurs, Sudan is likely to get involved. If they do, President Omar al-Bashir may finally be toppled.

why you gotta be so rude, though?

Agreed. At some point when the stars align, maybe all of North Africa will unite against wh*toids

It is very easy to derail a thread if a combo of repeating shitposts is not broken swiftly. Sorry, but it had to be done.

Are you for real? You can't just do whatever you please especially if that affect your neighbors

Which whites are you talking about?

>russia

HMMMMMM

>tfw a real war finally might break out
>tfw it's in Africa

Why does God tease me so

its not in subsaharan africa though, its in the interesting part

I was memeing. I still want North African unity to happen though
We will never get into war with ethiopia. If we did we would wipe them off of the face of the earth. We just threaten them as much as we can so they don’t do something stupid like limiting our water supply

As well, it seems Egypt is using the Arab League to put pressure on Ethiopia. This could potentially lead to a Eritrean intervention against Ethiopia if war occurs, complicating the situation even further. As well, the large muslim minority in Ethiopia may finally make their move to secede.

>We will never get into war with ethiopia
Why not tho

lol how exactly is egypt going to invade ethiopia?

Will the US intervene in any way or are we actually leaving this alone?

Don't think there's oil there so no

Because we have no qualms or conflicts with them. We’re just worried about them cutting off our water supply. The only thing that might make us invade them is if they did that.
Air strikes.

Egypt is a major strategic ally of the USA.
And Arab league is also a somewhat ally of USA

We might not "support" it, but we wouldn't sanction them or anything

Camel caravan

>mfw there will be a 21st Century war over water

Pretty scary desu. We might not survive the 21st century.

It won’t. Ideally if what Ethiopia says is true and they’re just using the dam for hydroelectricity then we won’t invade them. Don’t get your hopes up so much.

Ethiopia should extort Egypt

For what reason?

Can’t wait to see Eth*opians (wh*tes) get BTFO by the BLACK Egyptian pharaohs.

>Poccnr
hmmmmmmm

Fuck Egypt

>they’re just using the dam for hydroelectricity

Pretty fucking obvious they are.

Fuck you

fuck eth*Opia
based

this desu

My tax dollars are propping up your dictator and he's going to get his people starved out by ethiopians

Where did you hear that? Last thing I heard about Ethiopia was Sisi saying that "we are one country". NOTHING of this sort will happen anyway, we can't just attack other people

Most of them think the threats are actually true. That we’re going to attack them. They don’t know it was just a bluff to get them to not mess with our water supply

>we can't just attack other people

right back at ya

I'd really like to visit Egypt and see all the ancient ruins one day

Egypt is rightful Greek clay

Are there any greeks left in Egypt?

I am Greek

I am a Greek
Some in Alexanderia

The whole world is Greek

egypt should nuke ethi*pia

Ethiopians are whiter than every poster itt.

>Alexandria

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but weren't they in other places too

The problem is that this dam has been under construction since 2011. It's too late to stop it now.

And as mentioned, IF the dam is used to, what, starve Egypt? They can just blow it up which would cause ungodly amounts of destruction. If anything this dam is a safeguard against future conflicts between Ethiopia and Egypt.

There aren’t any Greek larpers in egypt if that’s what you’re asking. There is a big number of Egyptians with Greek blood though

why is ethiopia so smart and shrewd?

They're surrounded by morons

I really hope it doesn't harm Egypt water supply. 2bh if a war breaks out, Egypt would probably win since Egypt has more powerful army than Ethiopia's

Despite being Egyptian myself but if Egyptian refugee crisis becomes a thing,

shoot the boats or it'll be the end of fucking Europe.

btw the dam is partially funded by Israel.

>I really hope it doesn't harm Egypt water supply.

Me too. I really don’t want my country to attack Ethiopia. I like Ethiopia.

Their melanoid hablotype confers a wisdom buff in rolls against the whiteoid Yakubian devils from Cairo

They are not, we have a lighter skin complexion so your point is invalid.
Ethiopians are puppeted by people who have en even lighter skin complexion.

Being surrounded by countries that absolutely hate your guts from all sides naturally makes you cunning.

>literally third world problem
holy cheetos, and I thought we're the ones in bad shape due the recent outbreak of yellow fever

Doesn't Ethiopia have a famine epidemic?

What is the Colorado River Alex?

>you don't see Mexico launching their cruise missiles against US dams along the Colorado. Egypt needs to just get over it and build some desalinization plants. Don't Donald Trump or Vladimir Putin understand the business opportunity being presented?

>there are people on Sup Forums right now who unironically think being having a lighter skin tone makes you smarter
what's wrong with egyptians?
>Ethiopians are puppeted by people who have en even lighter skin complexion.
sure sweetie, whatever helps you keep your delusions of grandeur, i guess

Yeah. We allowed them to build the dam on the account that it would help produce clean drinking water and food for them. It will also help their economy a lot.

we don't really the colorado, though, it's just important for baja california. also desu, you damming it greatly affected the california gulf ecosystem for the WORSE, so thanks for that, i guess
the 90's called and want you back

They’re still really poor. They only started seeing rapid improvement very recently

>Serious discussion about geopolitics
>on Sup Forums
Do you have brain damage?

At least you'll be reunited with all that shit the French and British stole. Now if only we could transport the Sphinx by boat.

>Ethiopians are puppeted by people who have en even lighter skin complexion.

This part is actually true though. Israel has always involved itself in Ethiopia’s politics. They’re even building the dam for them.

Epic meme lad
:d
Doesn't change the fact that Ethiopia has a famine problem.

I know. We, us USians, are pretty good at destroying ecosystems for our own gain. We normally destroy our own ecosystems, but the Colorado River has given us a unique opportunity to turn a mighty river into a trickle when it gets to Mexico.

IF Ethiopia and the Sudans were to do the same to Egypt, I think there would be international outcry. MUH UN Heritage and all that. But when we, the mighty Americans, do it to Mexico, nobody cares.

>Are we an inherently evil people who believe our destiny is manifest?

i'm sure it's only a matter of time before they surpass egypt!

yeah, like 30 years ago... why are you trying to soil 21st century ethiopia's name??

Good for them. I hope at some point all countries actually prosper economically. Besides, I have nothing against Ethiopia. This stupid conflict wouldn’t even exist if it weren’t for the British Empire

well, we don't have any great geo political relevance like the middle east so nobody really cares what happens to us

Wow just like in black ops 3!

NRC soon
Robots soon
Cybernetics soon

I think I know which school this came from.

youtu.be/9IKqAtJiZUY
youtu.be/kYs-tdS3YOk

Does this look likefrom 30 years ago? It isn't as bad as 1984 one but it's still a problem

Egypt have the right to defend the security of their state, as do the Ethiopians have the right to build whatever they want in their own country. Ethiopia understands the implications of their actions, and its likely eventualities. Egypt understands the risks to their security, and the likely eventualities. Sound policy would be to destroy the dam, Ethiopia has it coming for partaking in such a provocative action to begin with.

How exactly dam on Blue Nile would threaten Egypt's water supply? Nile is kinda long and has other sources. Can someone knowledgeable explain?

Slovaks literally dammed the Danube and made it a new canal, so 95% of the water flows on Slovak territory.

so apparently, yes you can do whatever you want

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabčíkovo–Nagymaros_Dams

Route from Ethiopia is responsible for %80 of nile's volume.

Old news. The dam is still in process of funding (some Ethiopian user told me). No one really know when or if some day it will be ready.

> hurr durr muh Westfalian sovereignty
This is like placing a nuclear waste dumpster close to the border to a foreign city. Egypt is right to call bullshit on this.

yellow.... fever.... hnnnng

The nile is an absolute clusterfuck regardless, the further north if flows the more it's getting clogged with trash from all the nations it flows through. Leave it to thirdies to destroy even their natural resources.

Why so assblasted against Egypt?

Good, fuck Ethiopia and America.