Episode I is the best prequel

Episode I is the best prequel.

>Simple, satisfying story arc
>No over-complication
>CGI is used sparingly - real life sets and puppets are still used for authenticity
>Darth Maul is a much better villain than in the other two prequels
>The music for Episode I is the best
>Podracing is such a great and iconic scene
>The lightsaber battle at the end of Episode I is much more exciting than in the other two. It relies on the events of the battle to derive excitement, rather than CGI bullshit (like Yoda flipping in Episode II, or some stupid CGI fiery pit of hell in Episode III)
>Doesn't over-complicate the storyline with clones and other bullshit
>Late 90s kino

Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ytR9Bi_kFpQ
starwars.com/news/from-concept-to-screen-kamino
boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/page-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dubs of truth.
It's even better than the Mouse Wars films

> there's no story arc beyond the barest of frameworks. Bad guys shows up for reasons we don't quite get exposition for, and then get thwarted somehow with the "climactic" fight in that pic having literally no effect on it.
> no overcomplication = chain of unrelated setpieces
> CGI is used for characters, locations and effects out of the ass; it's actually the contrast with the handful of real sets what makes it stand out and look even more dated
> Darth Maul is a non-character
> Music is nice, OK
> Podracing scene is fine, but lasts too long and it's a missed narrative opportunity about showing Anakin's latent powers
> The lightsaber scene is blended together with other 3 action scenes in order to make it look like it actually matters in any way in the storyline. It doesn't
> No clones, but: midiclorians, bullshit space politics and nonsensical inner workings and jurisdiction of the Jedi

>Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

most people can, we're just tired of doing it again and again.

do you enjoy getting btfo?

Plinkett really did a number on you.

Is "Plinkett" the "Marvel shills" of Star Wars counter-criticism?

nice try, you fucking casual

nirvana fallacy

I've taken off the star wars goggles with the prequels and the SJWARS, but ep 1 is clearly the best of the lot on many levels. Everything ep 7 tried to do was done much better in ep 1

Not gonna go point by point but you clearly have a hate boner for it.
The plot and action flows simply and clearly easy enough for 8 year olds to understand.

>>Simple, satisfying story arc
The "save Naboo from evil droids" arc was simple but was lost in Lucas "politics" babbling and sidetracked in favor of Tatooine shenanigans.
>>No over-complication
Tatooine disagrees.
>>CGI is used sparingly - real life sets and puppets are still used for authenticity
Can't deny it, TPM is so much less offensive to the eyes than the other two prequels. BD CGI Yoda still beats the awful puppet. How they managed to make a much worse puppet than in ESB is beyond me.
>>Darth Maul is a much better villain than in the other two prequels
Maul is a non character but had a strong visual presence plus a simple use instead of the padding nonsense Dooku and Grievous were.
>>The music for Episode I is the best
Duel of the Fates.
>>Podracing is such a great and iconic scene
The tits.
>>The lightsaber battle at the end of Episode I is much more exciting than in the other two. It relies on the events of the battle to derive excitement, rather than CGI bullshit (like Yoda flipping in Episode II, or some stupid CGI fiery pit of hell in Episode III)
Amen to that.
>>Doesn't over-complicate the storyline with clones and other bullshit
Stupid clones.
>>Late 90s kino
It does have some great shots.

Yep, 8 years old love to hear about trade federationss and signing treaties.

There were way too many cringe moments in the first and second prequel movies to be enjoyable.
There's only a few in ROTS, so that one's my reluctant favorite.

Ep 7 only tried to do one thing, be ep 4 with a girl and a black guy.

And it was awful.

>Simple, satisfying story arc
No fucking way. It's convoluted as fuck. Its ambitious but its obvious they were playing with too many ideas.

>CGI is used sparingly - real life sets and puppets are still used for authenticity
Every prequel film is like this, user. Even Kamino was mostly a set. Jango's apartment and ship outside were real in AOTC. The only thing that was mostly computer was the factory scene which was added at the last minuet.

>ROTS
>not many cringe moments

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also you're an edgy dumbass.

The dialogue and a few side characters/plots is the only thing wrong with the prequels.

Other than that, they shit all over TFA in terms of quality

>Kamino factory scene

TPM is the only prequel that has political scenes that actually have weight to the plot. 8 year olds might not love it but they easily can understand it.

You can literally skip this when watching all the other 5 movies and miss nothing at all.

I wish I could skip AotC. I wish Lucas skipped RotS.

>millennials actually believe this.
You'd miss nothing except except the set up for Padme, Obi-Wan, Anakin, the Jedi Order, failings of the Jedi, Sheev's plan, and the best prequel.

lol
all literally irrelevant.

Ohhhhh you're just watching movies for pretty colors

>says the prequelfag

>Even Kamino was mostly a set

?????

>Lucas "politics" babbling
>people still spout this meme
I'm sorry you were a dumb kid user

>set up for Padme,
Doesn't matter because she's basically a completely different character in clones that we have to be reintroduced to. She's just a useless kid that doesn't do anything, might as well start with her as a senator
>Obi-Wan,
Barely does anything in so.1 anyway. All we learn is that he was once younger and had a master of his own. Shocker
>Anakin,
See: padme
>the Jedi Order, failings of the Jedi,
They barely showed up in the first. There was a scene where they said no don't train anakin, then another scene at the end where yoda says "whatever do what you want" with no development or justification for changing his mind in between
>Sheev's plan,
Start a war to have an excuse to demand more political power. Same as 2. Why do the same plot twice in a row?
>and the best prequel.
Arguably the worst. Depending on if you find jar jar or terribly written romance more obnoxious

Padme is the same character just older.
Anakin changes but we see where he started and where the Jedi failed him.
The Jedi are shackled by politicians and can't act on their own accord. Their failings are very clear, divorced from emotions and using children.
Yoda never changes his mind the concoul out votes him, ya know like he outright states.
Sheev's plan is most straightforward and makes the most sense in TPM.
It's simply the best prequel and triggered Gen Xers can't get past Jar Jar.

youtube.com/watch?v=ytR9Bi_kFpQ
>starwars.com/news/from-concept-to-screen-kamino
boards.theforce.net/threads/practical-effects-in-the-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/page-2

>Sheev's plan is most straightforward and makes the most sense in TPM
topkek

>It's simply the best prequel
might be true, might not be. all 3 are so bad it doesn't matter. best pile garbage is still a pile of garbage

I would have to agree with this.
#1: There's no cringey dialogue like Anakin's "Sand" metaphor or "No! It's because I'm so in LOVE with YOU" or "Annie! You're breaking my HEART!" lines
#2: The CG has been improved with the blu-ray releases (I saw all the prequels in the theater, so I can attest to that), so that doesn't really bug me anymore
#3: Lucas went original with having the first lightsaber fight in the series with no cheesy dialogue in it thus making it more intense
#4: Lucas bowed down to the fans obviously for Ep. II by leaving out Jar Jar, adding the stupid Boba Fett element, that whole movie was a mess because Lucas kissed the ass of his fans and didn't stick to his own vision
#4. ROTS felt more like TPM but it's just not as good as TPM. the Annie/Kenobi duel was too fucking stretched out I started LMAO'ing in the middle of it when they were fighting on that collapsing tower.
#5. TPM sets, ideas, story, characters were all original and didn't feel like the OT but the OT butmuhnostalgiafags kept complaining and that's when the prequels starting falling apart and resembling the OT too much.