Why are there so few cartoons with female leads nowadays...

Why are there so few cartoons with female leads nowadays? The only cartoons with female protagonist are Star Vs and Bee and PuppyCat.

I always wondered this too.
Why is Steven and Dipper the main protagonist; why not have Mabel and Connie?

You forgot the pone show.

We don't talk about that here user.

What the fuck is wrong with mabel?

What is wrong with her?
I don't see a problem.

Because if Mabel was the protagonist, her bullshit manic-pixie-dreamgirl personality would be murder inducing as opposed to just annoying.

>Bee & Puppycat
We don't bring that shit up around here, user

Try Sup Forums, it's the exact opposite.

Which is sad considering there's so few cartoons with female role models.

>we
Speak for your fucking self.

>Not knowing that is one male lead and his harem 70% of the time and not-really lesbians only 20%
The other 10% is fujoshit

This.

Maybe Sugar next series can revolve around a female protagonist.

I'll try my best to persuade her, wish me luck user!

I'm pretty Sugar hates women.
Have you seen how they're portrayed in SU?

Because it's easier to identify with men, even girls think this

If your really serious about this question then the answer is a myriad of issues with t.v. production. Everything from writhers typically writing male characters, studio notes, global markets, and the many many charts, graphs, and test audiences that the network and studio suits rely on.

I don't see a problem with that.
Guys would get a fleshed character while girls will get to see themselves in a cartoon show. It's a win win.

It's why we jumped ship to net streaming.

does that mean Mabel's friends will play even bigger roles than before? Well, I am not sure is this a good thing or a bad thing.

Then how do you explains woman (Sugar) making a show about a boy and man (McCracken) making a show about three little girls.

>Sugar came out as bisexual
>her hatred for women stem from her own insecurity of wanting to be a Prince like Utena
BRAVO SUGAR.

There's the PPG reboot.

But we don't talk about that.

PEE AND POOPY CUNT?!?

also ghostbustress, people don't want to talk about it as well.

In McCracken case, PPG didn't receive a good reaction from the test audience. It was beaten by Genndy's Dexter's Lab.

Only years later was it given a chance and proved to be a moderate success.

And now it has a reboot helmed by women.
Where's the logic of Sugar having a male centric magical girl show?

Steven is based on Sugar's brother, and 90% of PPG (the original) vilains were male, and the girls themselves were just preschoolers, gender barely makes a difference at that age

Women are inherently boring and that's a fact.
That's why there have never been a good female protagonist in anything from literature to fucking videogames.

Is this fucking type of humor? Shit poster.

This. It's also why in fiction of all types even myths, women are celebrated as everything they've never been and stupid beta faggot males believe it.

As opposed to the bumbling idiot males father figures like Homer Simpson or Timmy's dad?

Laura Haruna says hi.

>Steven is based on Sugar's brother.
>Sugar chose her brother over women's representation.
Why is Sugar so selfish?

Who fucking cares? Why does the gender of the main character matter?

Anime with female leads and majority female casts are a dime a dozen.

Fictional characters are inherently fictional and you can write them however you like.

Because sometimes little girls would like to see themselves in cartoons.
Is that so wrong?

Don't forget Greg Universe.

And no matter how you write them, women will never be interesting.

Try to write female Rodion Raskolnikov. The character would be significantly less interesting.
>inb4 go back to /lit/
Can't, those idiots are even more of white knight faggots than this board.

Sup Forums here.

Hotaru says "Hi."

to some people, it does.
Samus from metroid? Jill from resident evil 3? They were the stars before the gender equality in media nonsense became a thing.

>weebs
Fuck off. Anime is shit and anime that isn't shit always has a male lead.

>boring bitches and poor excuses for characters
No.

They are exactly as interesting as you write them to be, that's how fiction works.

>Anime is shit
Sup Forums is really in no position to say this.

Nobody is preventing little girls from seeing little girls in cartoons.

Those females are unrealistically competent. Samus and Jill would have died years ago if not for unrealistic competent bullshit. Did you know that during Street Fighter 2's development a programmer wanted to make Chun Li's health bar smaller than the male characters? The reason being women are weaker than men and can't take as much punishment.

However because it was found "sexist" in the name of equality Chun Li unrealistically has the same level of health as a man. What a fucking joke. It's a good thing simps are the ones who take women's bullshit and get burned. They deserve it.

then good luck watching some garbage such as ghostbuster reboot, no one is forcing you.

Except Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, The Loud House, Wander Over Yonder...
All have interesting female characters who have to play second fiddle to make protagonist.

Is this your type of fucking humor? Shitposter, I swear.

SF2 is a fighting video game, not real life or a simulator. If it was realistic then one kick to the head would likely knock out all the fighters.

Anyone with a modicum of taste is in position to say this. Anime needs to die. It's almost as bad as capeshit.
>They are exactly as interesting as you write them to be, that's how fiction works.
Except women can't be interesting at all.

How the fuck did you get that from my posts?
I know videogames rot brains, but holy fucking shit.
Ghostbusters reboot is what fucking proves me right. That's what happens when you take a good movie with male leads and shoehorn women in their place instead. The roles are the same, the characters are the same, but they are way less interesting.
meme

To be honest, Mabel and Connie would be more interesting as the main characters of their respective shows.

Connie as the protag would be an improvement.

Thanks for describing yourself, user.

Shows with female leads don't do well in any respect when compared to similar series with male leads.

Outliers and exceptions then have to deal with issues such as bronies or things like the Gwen Tennyson problem.

but pretty much most resident evil main characters (male and female) went though some hellish events

This.
She's more interesting than Steven.
CN is just sexist.

So? The female characters on those shows play large roles. A character doesn't need to be the title character to be important or beloved.

What about Star Vs?

By which I mean ever since the original series they've had to intentionally make their character design shittier and shittier to ward off pedophiles and other toxic communities.

I want to say no, but I really can't think of any examples where female characters act like women and are actually interesting as opposed to neuter roles that happen to be women.
PPG, MLP, Star all feature female leads and on tv, the rest tend to be fairly balanced with both, SU is mostly female leads and only UG and Gumball could be considered boys shows.
What's wrong with the current makeup of shows?
Seems to be fairly balanced.

>She's more interesting than Steven.
You saying it like it's an achievement.

Fuck identity politics and just enjoy the god damn show.

>Anime needs to die. It's almost as bad as capeshit.
This is the "guilty by association" tactic you people like to often use. You associate anime (or some aspect of anime) with something that you consider bad or is commonly considered bad, and try to make it seem like that thing has an association with anime, and because that thing is bad anime is also bad. You do this because you are unable to directly attack anime because you aren't knowledgeable enough.

>Except women can't be interesting at all.
You don't understand how fiction works.

Star is lagging in TV viewers.

>A character doesn't need to be the title character to be important or beloved.
But it does matter when it comes to representation.

>PPG Reboot
>TTG
>Uncle Grandpa
>zombie tier Adventure Time
>Ben 10 reboot
>We Bare Bears
Applicable to cartoons even moreso.

>a modicum of taste
You have nothing to prove on a Chinese cartoon board.

one example I can think is this one. Though, I think the portray of gender is a topic that can't please everyone.

It kind of is.

I could say the same thing about men. Men aren't interesting at all.
Now, apache helicopters? They're interesting.

No it doesn't.

That's not fair, I would watch a show about attack helicopters.

Connie Maheshwaren would be a weird title for a cartoon.

>What's wrong with the current makeup of shows?
>Seems to be fairly balanced.
It isn't. 90% of shows have leads that are cis white males. I thought we were living in progressive times.

You don't understand how women work, faggot.
A realistic woman in fiction would be pretty much like playing Fallout games with Intelligence at 1. It's be frustrating, dull and whenever it thinks, says or does something competent it doesn't feel natural. Men come in all kinds in real life, and that's what makes them interesting. That's why I can believe in someone like Forrest Gump or Mr. Ripley existing, but not someone like Lara Croft.

Maybe sjws were right. Maybe genderless protagonists are the way to go.

>You don't understand how women work, faggot.
We aren't talking about women, we are talking about fictional characters.

Just translate it; Connie, Lord of the Universe.

nice to know that the patriarchy is still strong.

or one-shot & replaceable main characters are the things to please majority. Game likes zombi u is an example.

Undertale is ahead of its time then.

She's a woman

So what, are you gonna force creators to make self insert heronies? They'll create whatever they want to.

Also if female characters were written realistically? The movies that Sup Forums worships like How To Train Your Dragon would end with the beta male protagonists not scoring pussy because women don't like nice guys. They like thugs, sociopaths, bad boys, assholes, and rich douches.

She's an anti feminist.

I mean, at least her name is slightly intriguing. I at least would've watched it because of the name "Maheshwaren".

I already told you why they can't be interesting, you fucking dunce. Maybe if you read past the first sentence, you'd know that.

Undertale would have been great if it did the Pokemon "choose your sex" mechanic when starting a new game file instead of the "transsexual" protagonist shit concept.

I'd raise awareness on how little representation there is for women; maybe that will convince creators to make more female leads.

99% of female characters are written like shit tumblr fics in order to appease woymen beta cucks.

And I already told you they're fictional characters, you fucking dunce.

"Imagine your sex on the MC" is a lot easier to program.

>another shitty thread gets 100 posts

Fucking autists.

There you go, all the grills you could ever want.

>100
It's 92.

/s4s/ please leave

Yep, you're retarded.
There is no way to make a female character interesting. It will never work and would feel tryhard at best instead.

No, you are retarded for not being able to comprehend how fiction works.

There's no way to make male characters interesting, and yet we have hundreds of them as well.

Well, to be honest, that's what happens when none of the social archetypes/portrayals of women are interesting. When you want to create a interesting womyn character, it will either look like a neuter character that happens to be a woman or outright man-woman.

But maybe you're right, the male brain is superior in every way