Iron Man Jr. - Homeflopping

>Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming is estimated to file $45.2M in weekend 2 which is muchlower than the industry expected, but its 61% slide is on par with the second weekend declines of Amazing Spider-Man 2 (-61%) and Spider-Man 3 (-62%).
deadline.com/2017/07/war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-spiderman-homecoming-box-office-weekend-1202128838/

>Reboot Spider-Man AGAIN
>Add $50mil-per-movie RDJ/IM.
>Add Evans/Cap in the aftercredits.
>Add shills to run up the RT score.
>Add maximum shilling to call it better than the beloved SM and SM2 Raimi movies.
>Based Disney and Marvel is making this movie and not Sony, that's why it'll be a massive success.

>Drop as hard as SM3 and ASM2, two films that killed the last two Spider-Man series.
>Open $15mil ahead of Wonder Woman but fall behind after just the second weekend.
>It's Sony's fault Spider-Man is shit, Disney and Marvel had nothing to do with this!

I've never seen something so JUST.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well Sony is still apart of it. Disney doesn't get any of that money but I don't think they're hurting for it either...

1.2 BILLION?!?! WHAT?

I'm glad it's falling short. You just know they had no faith in the film because they had to drag RDJ in just because whatshisname can't carry a movie.

>Based Disney and Marvel is making this movie and not Sony, that's why it'll be a massive success.

Wrong it was made by Sony pictures. That's why it looks like the typical cheap Sony movie.

based underrated Tobey didn't need any help

>"Homecoming"
>Only international boxoffice can save it

Is it superhero fatigue or Spiderman fatigue the reason it's failing?

>That's why it looks like the typical cheap Sony movie.
All Marvel movies look cheap.

A mix of Superhero fatigue and Sony being incompetent fucks.

When people talk about legs for a film, they usually use the opening weekend multiplier as a quick and dirty yardstick.

If a film opens to $100M and makes $300M domestic, it has an OW multiplier of 3x. A film with that run would be viewed to have better legs than something that opened to $150M and made $300M. Both had the same final gross, but the first film only made 33% of that in its opening weekend, vs 50% for the second film.

Here's the second weekend percentage drops, and 10-day OW multipliers for all Marvel DC films from 2016 and 2017

Code:

TITLE 2nd Weekend Drop 10-day OW Multiplier
Deadpool 57% 1.79x
Batman v Superman 69% 1.57x
Civil War 60% 1.65x
X-Men Apocalypse 64% 1.79x
Suicide Squad 67% 1.66x
Doctor Strange 50% 1.80x
Logan 57% 1.73x
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 56% 1.70x
Wonder Woman 43% 2.00x
Spider-Man Homecoming 61% 1.78x

Now I get why they're rushing the Aladdin live movie.

Fucking Euroniggers buying this shit.

WHY DIDN'T YOU GO SEE IT

WE KEPT POSTING ABOUT HOW GOOD IT WAS

Wow..

again Sony ruined Spider-Man

>superhero fatigue
I guess that's why 3 superhero movies are gonna be the top movies of the summer. That goddamn fatigue.

Good one reddit. Look what they can do when RDJ salary isn't crumbling their budget
youtube.com/watch?v=v7MGUNV8MxU

This makes me so happy

It's the Asians. It isn't making all that much in Europe.

>Spend over a year shitting on BvS and SS.
>GotG2's an easy $1bil guys! A fucking talking raccoon and tree is going to BTFO Batman and Superman.
>GotG2 can't even beat BvS worldwide.
>Gets BTFOed by WW, who will pass it next Sunday despite having a $50mil opening weekend lead and a 5 week head start.

>The new Spider-Man is better than that Raimi garbage!
>SM and IM will make it an easy $1bil guys!
>Barely opens above SM1.
>Will never even come close to SM3.
>Will finish beneath BvS and SS domestic.
Amazing. Karma is real.

>Then: Based Disney and Marvel is making this movie and not Sony, that's why it'll be a massive success.
>Now: It's Sony's fault Spider-Man is shit, Disney and Marvel had nothing to do with this!
Holy shit, OP was right.

hey dcpajeet are you hyped for the spiderman videogame :^)

Looks kinda cheap desu. Look at that fucking Loki shot.

I only did it isn't doing well due to Sony's contribution. This is Sony's baby more than Marvel's cause they're counting on all the returns. Marvel is fine money wise but Sony needs this to do well

>But Disney's still got it's live-action princess movies!
The fucking state of Mouseketeers.

Shit writers spouting liberal propaganda and diversity.

Blackwashing is no less racist than white washing, nobody wants that shit.

I was excited about this movie but no way I will go see this garbage.

>dcpajeet
Wait, isn't it Spider-Man that's going on about how well it's doing in India?

We still got Civil War haha cuck

All the diversity and sjw bullshits come definitely from Sony's side

Fucking wonder woman then spiderman and we still have justice league coming out in November. Yeah I think it's overkill.

You guys are hilarious. No one cares about "black washing" except for alt-lighters. Most people really enjoyed the movie.

It already made back It's budget and then some. It's hardly a flop.

I like to imagine the disney exec currently pissing himself with rage right now

jesus christ you are a faggot. One joke line about the washington monument being built by slaves and you have an aneurysm.

She's really freaking cute. Stop being mean.

>Shit writers spouting liberal propaganda and diversity.

Fate of the Furious was more diverse than this and it made $1,013,000,000 overseas

mfw Spider-Meh gets Bad Ape'd and kinoblocked from doublepeating #1 like the big boys

Dunkino not even in yet

Fast and Furious was always diverse so that's irrelevant

Making back the budged isn't enough there is almost the same amount invested into marketing the fucking thing. It has to make 2x over the budget to make a profit.

but the budget was almost 100 m lower than TASM2, yet it already made more in week 2 than TASM2 in its entire run. What's your point here?

>One joke line about the washington monument being built by slaves
Ha what a funny joke! My whole theater erupted XD

BvS is a garbage movie. People watched it because they thought it'd be fun to see Supes and Batman punch each other, but everyone thought it was a disappointment. Look at Suicide Squad for what happems when the cool factor isn't there to carry a movie.

>this ape
>"freaking" cute

Why don't you fuck off already

It's gonna do that.

Yeah it was. I know that's hard for you to understand because you're both an autist and a neo-nazi so humor is something you can't understand but even then it's not something to boycott the fucking movie over. How big of a sensitive pussy could you possibly be?

They don't make these kind of movies to make it back its budget. It isn't arthouse. This kind of shit is supposed to print big money to keep the studio alive.

Nobody wants to see manufactured fun with no heart or meaning

we are all apes you mong

Which why I said "and then some". It's not gonna be the 1 billion dollar smash hit that Guardians was, but it's still gonna make a big profit.

The international Box Office hasn't been updated since last weekend. Also there were 8 new markets this weekend. Worldwide total should be around 450 m right now. It won't release in China before October 2017, if ever.

You're being mean again

How did this movie do compared with the last spiderman movie?

The only thing that make big profits at Sony is James Bond. That's why they're so desperate to keep Craig.

>Iron Man Jr
You didn't see it did you? Everyone was memeing about it pre-release and then it came out and turns out Tony's barely in it.

>Most people really enjoyed the movie.
Apparently not it's bombing.

>one unobservant
Incredibly clueless

Diversity is fantastic. Shit casting for propaganda is not. How stupid would it be if black panther starred a blonde haired blue eye man supported by latino and asian actors?

I know. I saw in a third world country in 3D and the room was packed. It's gonna do just fine.

>Apparently not it's bombing.
By this logic everyone loves Transformers.

>and turns out Tony's barely in it.
thats a waste of 50 million...
Even if he cut it down some because hes only in it a bit, hes still getting top billing AND is majorly featured on the poster. Hes getting bare minimum 20m

Maybe because it looked fucking terrible? The CGI in the trailers looks worse than both TASM movies and all of the Raimi movies. They got some no name to play Peter Parker who is too young for adults to relate to and too young for kids to look up to. The love interest isn't attractive. No name director. I liked Cop Car but not enough to get excited about him doing Spider-Man, he has no visual style. Literally nothing about this shit appealed to me, I can't be the only one who feels this way.

>Amazing. Karma is real.

One can only hope against hope mouseketeers can finally quiet the hell down. At east until the Ultra Infinity War Turbo DLC gets downloaded to a theater near them. Since nobody cares much about how Thor Ragnarok does.

Which is why they let Marvel take over.

It's hardly bombing. Especially since the international market isn't really there yet. A bombed movie is one that at the very least barely breaks even. This isn't that.

>when the cool factor isn't there
>Suicide Squad

SS made 325 million in North America & 745 million worldwide almost entirely because of how enticing it looked to audiences.

Hence Transformers making 1 billion.

B&tB was a good movie though

>They got some no name to play Peter Parker who is too young for adults to relate to and too young for kids to look up to.
And is the best Peter Parker yet.

>tfw disney live action btfo capeshit and star fags

>hurr it's bombing
no, it's not
>hurr it's bombing because everyone is a rightwing retard like me and hates minorities being cast in movies!
not only is it not bombing but nobody gives a shit about the "diverse" cast except for retards like you who can't stay in your containment board. Race didn't come up even one fucking time in the movie, not once. It wasn't a plot point, it wasn't shoehorned in, there was no fucking propaganda. The only thing that even comes close is a fucking joke line in the middle of the movie that you're not even supposed to take seriously because it's being spouted by a dark, edgy teenage hipster.

There's no reason to have any more of a discussion with you because your brain is rotted away by fucking Sup Forums memes. go outside please, get a hobby, kill yourself, do something ANYTHING other than shitting up Sup Forums with your retardation.

Why are DC shills trying so hard to make this movie look bad?

It was pretty decent, probably the 2nd or 3rd best spiderman movie.

You're right that was a bad example. My point is that it made money but everyone hated BvS. Same for Suicide Squad.

The CGI was disgusting. It's getting worse and worse with each new capeshit.

>Maybe because it looked fucking terrible?
It's getting overwhelming praise though, and not just from the usual critics.

Not a chance.

Someone photoshop 9/11 towers in it.

>implying it was anywhere near SM1 or 2
>implying third best Spiderman movie is an achievement

too bad it flopped

Not really.

WHEN YOU'RE IN YOUR LITTLE ROOM

They spared no expense.

>flopped
stop using words you don't understand

No SS was the greatest film of 2016. Critics are just to braindead to understand it's complex characters. Don't underestimate the average moviegoer when it comes to supporting smart movies.

No it didn't?

I haven't cared what critics had to say in years. I just know that based off the trailers I saw, it didn't appeal to me at all.

I'd definitely say it was on the level of the first spiderman, maybe not as good as the second.

It didn't, but who would that be bad for again? What does the financial success of a movie have to do with me, or for that matter, its quality?

That's where your marketing comes in. It only has to look good briefly. From a marketing perspective, Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad looked like more appealing packages than Spider-Man. But this is Sony and they can't do anything right, so par for the course for them.

>being this mad when told the truth
You get angry over childrens movies, you should off yourself.

Jokes on you, I never wasted time watching ASM1,2 or this movie.

lol..

It's going to underperform, but it's almost impossible for hero movies to flop.

>angry over childrens movie
oh the fucking irony. Do us all a favor; go buy a rope and tie a noose, if you have the cognitive ability to fucking tie things that is, and then fucking neck yourself.

Can you imagine what it'd be like to have your own well being directly influenced by the quality of a form of media? Really makes you think.

... but the movie was great user...

i don't even understand how there's a dc/marvel thing going on... marvel has superior movies, dc is the shitiest tier leve i've ever seen in cinema history...

i just want to like and enjoy both franchises, but in the end of the day, i'm glad the kids want me to pick em up to watch any marvel shit than any dc shit...

it's basic maths... if you think otherwise you're:
1) dellusional
2) a kid with parents that don't care for you
3) a troll

wahtever the reality is, the factual existence of your being is utterly sad...

>renamed by op Homeflopping
>not a flop

this user is right but Sup Forums will make fun of him anyway

The movie was like a cw superhero show with a big budget. Also no good memorable moments, along with terrible cgi. fucking over 2 hours long and probably 50 minutes could have been cut with no changes. Almost feel asleep.

Also dont forget the gooks. They hate niggers more than the numales of Sup Forums and will be the reason for both Spider-Man and Black Panther's failure.

Maybe cool it with the ellipsis, user.

I'm 100% sure they'll watch Spiderman because the star is still a white kid. They don't care about background characters that are black. BP I wouldn't even watch. Just seems boring.

>marvel has superior movies, dc is the shitiest tier leve i've ever seen in cinema history...
When plebs are confronted with sunlight...

>Telling people to kill themselves because they don't like your spiderboy films and would never even watch the genre
>Being too retarded to understand irony

Autistic rage at work.

Why do you people love this childish trash? You should watch some quality art films and educate yourselves.

go be a retarded faggot somewhere else

force awaken made 120 million in china because of finn and he wasnt even on the posters or chinese trailers(even fucking warcraft did 220 in china)

and you are telling me that a movie that only has 4 white characters will not bomb in china? every trailer had nigs in it

Still a better movie than Wonder Woman.