Is he right?

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xnqIj8C2Aek
youtube.com/watch?v=tY5It0jnD6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, it can't be ruined because it was always shit

literally who watches doctor who besides nu-males and 13 year old girls?

The fact you're suddenly talking about Doctor Who of all things again because of this means you just got conned into marketing you fucking patsy. Doctor Who is dumpster fire garbage.

Stay there

i dont watch this shit but from my understanding, the doctor changes every few years or something right? why the fuck is there such an outrage for it being a woman this time around? the fuck am I missing

Who is being talked to here? It's all one of a few things:

1) People who don't give a shit about Dr. Who telling Dr. Who fans to fuck off
2) Fans of Dr. Who who lap this up because they're all teenagers and nu-males.

Finding a Dr. Who fan who actually was butthurt about it being a woman would be like finding a leprechaun.

this is a good ally. snap snap snap snap.

Can't wait for those six digit viewers.

The show's been exhibiting strong tumblr feminist writing for the last three seasons. It'll ramp up to levels that'll be painful to watch. It's not that a woman got cast, it's why a woman got cast. Doctor Who's gonna be a lot more obnoxious than it has ever been.

literally white genocide, all part of (((their))) plan

Because we don't like women.

but its entertaining dumpster fire garbage and thats what counts

>interesting storylines
>implying its not going to be a big ball of "hahhaha men suck!1!1!1" bullshit

Because it's not coming at a time when the writing is like
>Just this once, Rose! Just this once, EVERYBODY LIVES!
it's coming at a time when the writing is like
>You humans are so obsessed with gender, us time lords, we're beyond that

Just fuckin hack her phone and get her nudes.

I would've expected the fans of this garbage show to eat it up. Who the fuck watches Doctor Who other than "women-respecting" Poindexters?

>interesting storylines
If you are only now creating storylines because the Doctor's gender is now female then your story is going to be shit. Doctor Who isn't about the interesting dynamics of the Doctor now having a menstrual cycle. If the Doctor becomes female then the stories should remain ultimately unchanged.

Fpbp, digits confirm

>wh•te gender binary cis woman
Wow so intersectional. Can't believe people are actually celebrating this as some sort of victory

Only redditors and board tourists watch that show. Dr who is not a part of Sup Forums culture.

Thread should have ended here.

>dr. "who"re

I know right? People were all excited about Bill being lesbian. Like hello sweetie it is modern times. Not the 60s. Bill should have been pansexual desu.

>Sexist
No. The shows isn't what I grew up with and I'm not interested. kbye

Ghostbusters
Star Wars
Doctor Who

Video Games
Comic Books

Nerd culture was hostile to women, and they've systematically gone about eliminating the already fairly weak masculine element of it to make it more cuddly and marketable. The results speak for themselves, to be honest. Men who can enjoy female-friendly culture have no masculinity, and they're utterly useless to women. Bravo, Jews. What's the next part of your master plan?

It's weird that the word "sexist" carries so much weight. Maybe I don't understand the definition.

>you are a sexist and that's a fact

I used to think wishing for the past was pathetic, but now it's the only fucking good path.

>more virtue signaling

Continue your slow decline into irrelevancy, while the younger generations gravitate towards alternative means of entertainment.

>you are a sexist and that's a fact

Yeah, and?

Did he just assumed the doctor's genre? Does he knows what the current year is? Fucking white male

>sexist
DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY STANDING ON THE SHOW WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING ME?! I AM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW I JUST CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW...

We live in a gynocentric society. Being labeled a woman hater - and let's be honest, few, if any, use sexist to describe someone who hates men - is a surefire way of being ostracized.

>Nerd culture was hostile to women
Nerd culture was never hostile to women. It pandered to men who made up the vast majority of the people who consumed video games/ect., but never sought to keep women out.

Just because you talk about something doesn't mean its working in their favour.

Contrary to popular belief, Not all press is good press.

does anyone really even care about doctor who being a woman

let alone care about doctor who in general

>cartoon avatar

Considering how pathetic the fanbase is where it'll accept anything I doubt this will destroy its viewership any further. Although I'd be relieved to see this show finally end.

I mean the fans of course. The men who consumed that media were bitterly hostile to women. It's odd, then, that with so few women even consuming that culture, it's gone out of its way to alienate its major demographic in pursuit of them.

>if you don't accept our blatantly Marxist agenda, then you're a bigot
I love how Marxists make our arguments for us, and then respond to it.
They lie all the time because reality doesn't line up with their ideology.
When the elites manipulate your emotions, they do so because what they have planned for you is very bad, but they still need you to support it.
So they stick to emotional responses, instead of cold factual responses.
When you don't have the truth on your side, then all you have is emotional manipulation.

I care that she is a woman only because it means that the show is going full force with the SJW. If it had happened at any other time then it would be fine. But the last few seasons has been blatant propaganda and this is just another "progressive" appeal. It means all the storylines will have cringeworthy out of place dialogue about the Doctor having a vagina now.

underrated post

It's almost as though their agenda isn't to entertain, it's to program you into a Marxist.
Nah, I'm sure that couldn't be it.
I mean, it's not like we see examples of entertainment companies continue to push Marxist identity politics even well-after their sales dry up (Marvel comics).

youtu.be/xnqIj8C2Aek

If you only dislike the new Doctor Who because it's a woman than yeah. If you dislike it because you don't like the actor chosen, the writers or the current state of Doctor Who then it's different.

My problem is there's a 13th doctor when it should have ended at 12. But I mean people are never going to be happy, I already hear people saying "she should have been a PoC or both" and it's just nonsensical. Doesn't make the show any better.

I hate bandwagon jumpers. That pisses me off more than SJW catering.

The entire next season is gonna hurt.
Well said. It's disgusting that it's spread this deeply into the mainstream. This move won't gain it any viewers, though. BBC's gonna learn the hard way that preaching to the choir doesn't put asses in seats.

I am concerned about this but just because I think the best qualities in a Doctor are being grumpy and bitter (which I think Capaldi did well but was let down by the writing)
Even David Tenent who at the worst times was bubbly and up beat had a dark brooding side that.
I am really concerned all of that edge is going to be lost with the new doctor.
NOT to say it cant be done since I think Missy has been great and was a fantastic casting but as the lead..... as the doctor who has burnt entire planets to dust and has lived over a thousand years.
I don't know if this is gona work but I am willing to give her a chance.

its most likely just SJW pandering but at least they watch Doctor who unlike when they force it into comics and video games to have the sales figures drop since they dumblr snowflakes don't pay for any of that.

TL;DR I think she wont be brooding enough but I am hopeful it will still be good....

>Christmas special 2018 gets rewritten due to dismal season numbers
>Doctor dies somehow
>regenerates into Tom Baker
>makes some crack about his pants being tighter
>applies for curator job
>final credits

>won't gain any viewers
ehhhh
Most likely what will happen is what happens with every gender/race swap in entertainment medium. Women and SJW will flock to it because they feel that they HAVE to support it or the mean drumpf alt right supporters win. Of course because they are shallow, instant gratification, easily distracted people who need constant stimulation, they will lose interest. Then the numbers will rapidly decline.

But what that means is that BBC will be able to report that the female doctor brought their ratings up X amount. They will tell everyone it was a major success and people will ultimately be convinced that people support it.

He's right that we're sexist, as all right-thinking men and women should be, but he's wrong about the canon. It makes absolutely no sense that he'd be a male over and over again for so long if it didn't mean something.

Shit franchises will continue to ruin themselves. What's the problem?

Clearly we needed a transgender Turkish doctor.

>Not Haley Atwell
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

This is actually the end of the thread. I see no posts beyond this point.

Here's the thing, though. Those very SJWs are already watching the show. They and a handful of bandwagonners will keep watching, sure, but then you have the ever silent majority (who've been steadily declining sice the writing died) dropping like flies to a bug bomb.

At this point it'll be the most entertaining part of the show in years.

That everybody lives part was great. Eccleston was a legitimately charming character and each iteration afterwards lost a bit more of that charm and it felt more like pandering to le quirky sjw tumblr fandom. Thank God I jumped off with matt smith

True. They will inevitably call this an attack by the right/manchildren and say they someone were responsible for millions of people getting tired of their shit. But at this point I just want to watch the DW world burn.

know nothing about dr who, is the doctors appearance/gender canonically enforced? i was under the impression that anyone can become the doctor unlike a nigger or woman becoming bond.

You did the right thing.
>tfw you thought Capaldi would be allowed to save the series and usher in a new golden age
I was a fool.

Horse shit.
Plenty of female friends and gfs were into all those things.

YOU are buying into the faux-feminist vs alt-right gamergator bullshit narrative that nerd culture was male.

I like Capaldi, but his scripts were trash. I gave up after his first series.

>But at this point I just want to watch the DW world burn.
Couldn't have said it better. Bravo, Moffat.

>more name-calling over a show nobody watches

I agree. I'd hoped at the time that Moffat would have the wisdom to utilize Capaldi's extensive knowledge of the series. He was the first president of the Doctor Who fan club after all, and watched the series since day 1, seeing serials that we may never see. Instead they wasted him on propaganda that only the worst kinds of people asked for. Worse is he had to help just so his dream of playing the Doctor could come true. I feel the last straw was when he had to say he had a crush on the Master.

Kid on, kiddo. Those things were OVERWHELMINGLY male. Does it not seem even slightly suspect that three major mastheads of nerd culture are turned over to the sisterhood in a short space of time? What are they trying to prove or accomplish?

>it should provide some very interesting storylines
Because she's a grill? How?

The show has no canon and it's never given half a shit about its own established rules so I guess, yeah in that regard he's right since anything can happen so long as the plot demands it.

When you're an unimaginative cunt, any bullshit gimmick equates to an "interesting storyline".
This shit'll be science fiction the way Bill Nye Saves the World was science. Mark my words.

Because there's no difference between genders and it's just a social construct but there are unique story opportunities that men just can't portray because women are different and shut up you shitlord stop being sexist it's been foreshaddowed for literally years that the doctor can be a woman and that time lords just HAPPENED to have fixed genders before it was justacoincidenceshakingrightnowgodrumfphashkf2scop

Can't wait till this fucking decision falls on its face.

Doctor Who was always shit and if you ever liked it you were most likely a sheltered kid in Great Britain prior to the Internet being widespread.

so now it panders to women which resulted in millions of new women fans with barely any loss of the male ones

She won't watch it. NO women will watch it because it's socially unacceptable to watch anything geeky besides capeshit. Same reason women don't buy comic books unless Facebook ads tell them to.

Have you seen modern comic sales? Marvel and DC stay afloat with movies now.

fpbp

fpbp

also checked

sorry to interfere with your narrative
it is like trying to tell CNN that Russia was not behind Trump's win

just like how the press for Warner's Wonder Woman act like she is the first female heroine to hit the screen

But she's a straight, cis, white woman. Gross.

Most of the women I know watch Doctor Who dude. It's basically a chicks show

This.

>provide some very interesting storylines
>interesting storylines
>Doctor Who

I have no problem defending sexism.

>mental gymnastics
>if you dont accept this youre sexist!
why do you want it in the first place?
>because i want this sex above the original!
thats sexist. literally is sexist.

marxists are so retarded

Doctor Who is a fucking children's show

why do so many adults care either way?

>What are they trying to prove or accomplish?

Welcome to consumerism. Everybody wants to feel like a special unique individual, and the (((free market))) duly obliges. Every subculture will be carved up, watered down to have the widest possible target audience and served up in bite-sized chunks. Middle-class teenagers dress up as punks, white people listen to rap, and normies take over nerd culture. Never mind that this act destroys the subculture in question, they get their temporary satisfaction of feeling like they've bought a personality.

youtube.com/watch?v=tY5It0jnD6M

There are old people who grew up with it. It's like if a studio decided to reboot Ghostbusters with an all female cast.

Fpbp

>he thinks tumblr is the majority

Cute. You're watching BBC think the same thing. Next year you're gonna see how well that works for them.

>It's the cultural marxism meme again
Please stop

no

Doctor who is by far the most popular "geek show" among women who are willing to watch sci fi nerd shit. I know more women interested in Doctor Who than the latest marvel movies or virtually any other "nerd" show

no user you just don´t superior British "humor"

You didn't interfere with any narrative. You said women had always been a huge part of those fanbases, something I know tb be categorically false based on my own experience. You didn't corroborate with anything so it's your experience vs. mine. Whose am I gonna listen to? Kys, fag.

fpbp

>something I know tb categorically false
>based on my own experience

might wanna reread that post next time buddy

You're literally retarded.