The covenant vs gems homeworld

in a hypothetical war, who wins ? gems homeworld or the covenant?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2jX6GLBWYqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gems. Covies can't "glass" them, that'd just make more gems.

Gems vs stick, who wins?

the covenant have so many other ways to destroy world's

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

Glassing refers to vitrification, the process in which the silicate in sand melts and turns into glass.

I'd imagine a complex silicon based lifeform wouldn't survive being melted.

What is this

I'm not sure there's enough information on Homeworld to make an accurate comparison. I'm inclined to say the Covenant, assuming we've seen the most of Homeworld's power, although I find that unlikely.

Destiny I think?

It is.

Also, fun fact:
Oryx is a tranny.

So far I am not impressed by Homeworld. Their big weapon was an attack that incapacitated only gems, and their soldiers seem totally incapable and stupid. Not to mention their advantage of regeneration doesn't really mean much when you can just stomp out the gem.

Meanwhile, the covenant is terrifyingly competent- at least as competent as a collection of races who wanna circlejerk about how cool really old silver shit can possibly be. I'd be a lot more scared of my planet getting glasses than of getting corruption bombed.

That said, The Cluster is pretty freaky and powerful, so that'd definitely give them an advantage. And we aren't really sure how strong gems are or how well trained, so for all we know you could see this scene but with Quartzes replacing the humans:
youtube.com/watch?v=2jX6GLBWYqI

So, as a final verdict, I guess I'd just have to wait to learn more about Homeworld's capabilities, and extrapolate what that means in a more mature setting. We don't really know much right now.

I'd give a shit if Destiny's lore:

A) made any goddamn sense at all
B) wasn't locked behind collectible fucking cards only viewable on their dumb website
C) had any memorable character with which to draw me in so that I might care to debate details about its worldbuilding

As is, it's not really even worth the discussion.

He can just turn the diamonds into taken. But then again the gems aren't really alive and probably have no light.

that is a very roundabout way of saying "I don't know."

What the fuck is The Darkness? Is that just a vague idea to refer to all the races warring against humanity? Why are all of these threats treated even remotely equally when on one side of the spectrum you have "race of scavengers who cut off their own arms lol" and on the other side you have "HORRIFYING ROBOT COLLECTIVE THAT WANTS TO FIND AN END-STATE TO EVERY CONFIGURATION OF REALITY".

Not that it fucking matters, because if they're time travelers, then obviously they don't succeed in ending reality, since reality is still here. Good job, Bungie.

Check out the book of sorrows. It's the most comprehensive piece of life for destiny and lays out Oryx's origin and his motivations and it's a really good read.

Lore wise Oryx would easily destroy the Covenant and the Gems. The book sorrows paints him as a nigh unstoppable alien magic warlord that has been conquering the universe for literally billions of years. Plus he's virtually unkillable and can just take his enemies to supplant into his own army.

Well if I had to pick right now I'd go with covenant- I thought I made that clear, but I guess my point WAS a little muddled. I'm saying everything we know for sure totally says the covenant would win, but there might be stuff we learn that could give the gems and advantage.

It doesn't help that we don't know what an active cluster would look like or how it would operate.

I'm really not sure how Destiny expects to do their "OooOOOooo the traveler was bad all along" twist when they've made all it's enemies out to be world-ending levels of evil.

>magic worm transsexual who has conquered the universe for billions of years
>robots that want to end reality
>war race that wants to stomp out humanity, completely independent of their relationship to the traveler

Side note- they've got a serious problem with power creep. Oryx has been conquering for BILLIONS of years? And he's basically unstoppable? Then why is the Cabal even a threat if they're just a shittier version of that?

In fact, why hasn't Oryx taken everybody by this point? Why didn't he consume the Cabal, and the Vex, and everybody? He can't now cus he's dead but I'm just saying

I'm pretty stoked for the Halo Wars sequel. I mean I don't have a XBone, but I'm pretty sure it was also announced for PC. It had a pretty damn good story, those cinemas we're almost Blizzard tier... Better writing if nothing else.

Are the covenant just going to buy them drinks until they win?

NOW
FIGHT YOUR RIVAL

The beta is getting good reception, and yeah, I think all Microsoft games are coming to PC now.

So I suppose it's worth being excited for. I mean, it'll never be ensemble again, and I can't forgive them for EAing that entire studio, but I guess it'll be alright. CA knows what they're doing with the genre. Least it's not another 343 game.

He had to have some level of proximity to take someone and Cabal protocol against Oryx was basically to get the fuck outta dodge or kill him if you're close enough. Vex probably had the same idea and they can just teleport out of the system until he leaves or is killed.

Pirates can't do shit.

And we need more RTS. MOBA's are fun, but damn I love a good RTS.

The Traveler killed Oryx's family.
The Vex were created by Crota. Or at least the Vex in their current state.

>family
Planet, or star system.
Sorry forget which exactly.
>A) made any goddamn sense at all
My headcanon is that the Tower is "the Dark Tower"

WE.

ARE THE COVENANT.

The Vex were around long before Crota. He was just tricked into introducing them to the sword logic and that's why they worship the darkness.

Multiple gems can survive temperatures over 1600C
Garnet and Jasper have been shown to survive lava temps
Gems don't need to breathe and can regenerate flawlessly should their core remain in tact, something too tedious pursue on a wide level
A single Gem is capable of building a tower of water nearly 50 miles tall

Gems are one of the fictional species that are incredibly down played due to half of Sup Forums irrational hatred of the series

WE WANT FORERUNNER TECH
AND IF YOU THINK WE DON'T
WE'LL GLASS YOUR WHOLE PLAN-ET

>current state

Covenant > Gems > Flood > Covenant like rock,paper, scissors

Yeah, I'd kill Crota's family too if I could. That guy was a fuckin' dick.

I don't know a lot about the Covenant. Do they have teleporation, Dyson Colonies, and time travel?

What about the abilities of their soldiers? Can they regenerate? Shape shift? What about increased physical durability, immunity to extreme temperatures, super speed, enhanced strength, limited flight, all as standard features? Also, some Gems can act as probability calculators, have various forms of kinesis, or project nigh-invulnerable barriers. Oh, and don't forget that Gems are able to increase their powers exponentially by fusing with other Gems.

Also, they don't need to eat, sleep, drink, or breathe. And they don't age or get sick. And they have pretty much zero qualms about making organic life extinct for their own gain.

kek

Ok who would win between Gems and pic related?

Gems. Borg can't assimilate rocks and they can't adapt their shields to deflect getting cut in half with a sword.

Please. All will be slaves or die

Jesus fuck, who can't the gems beat?

EXTERMINATE!

They're stronger than the Gems and more resourceful than the Covenant. Ridley could solo the homeworld.

Pic related gets stranded on the gem homeworld. It's him against the empire, who wins?

Saiyans,

The entire gem race is wiped out, all that's left are hybrids like Steven.

He fucks every gem.

Every single one of them until the planet is made of Steven like hybrids.

He wipes out the gems with his penis.

Gem rock fucking.

Like fucking a whole planet.

The Daleks and most of 40k.

THE IMPERIUM WILL PURGE ALL THOSE FILTHY XENOS!

>teleportation
Is only short-range in the Halo universe.

>Dyson Colonies
If you mean Dyson Spheres, believe it or not, this is actually a thing, in-universe. They were supposed to shield life from the blast of the Halo Array. Not really relevant, but it's a cool bit of lore (or was, before 343i fucked it up).

>time travel
I don't think that's relevant because it totally breaks down the entire logic of the SU universe as it is. If you think about it more than not at all, the entire rebellion turns into All You Need Is Kill.

>What about the abilities of their soldiers
The Covenant is a collection of races, so it depends on which race you mean.

>Can they regenerate?
Mgalekgolo can.

>What about increased physical durability, immunity to extreme temperatures, super speed, enhanced strength, limited flight, all as standard features?
Sangheili are pretty fucking stronk and fast. The right Sangheili can match a Spartan-II, so they're a more than worthy opponent. Their home planet, if I remember correctly, can get up to 200+ degrees Fahrenheit, and we've seen them fight effortlessly on frozen Hoth-like planets before. So if you dipped them in lava, yeah, they wouldn't survive- but that seems unique to Rubies as it is, so not really a standard feature.

>some Gems can act as probability calculators, have various forms of kinesis
And the Covenant has guns and numbers, both of which Gems seem to lack. I can't speak objectively about the latter, but if the rebellion was able to dwindle Homeworld's resources that much, I can't imagine how unstoppable they might be. More to the point, a ranged weapon, and every single troop being capable of using them, is a massive advantage over swords and spears. Even Opal's bow wouldn't be used because Homeworld doesn't like cross-gem fusion. And all that leave's is Peridot's slow-as-fuck blaster.

>and don't forget that Gems are able to increase their powers exponentially by fusing with other Gems
So can Lekgolo.

CONT.

Actually, I'd say Daleks would be a stalemate. Gunsticks are basically just lightning-throwers; effective against organics, probably not so much against a rock. Plus, while their scooter-bodies are basically immune to bullets and most lasers, they are able to be taken down by high explosives and ship-grade energy weapons. Also I remember an episode where the Doctor turned baseball bats into energy maces and beat the holy fuck out of some Daleks, so it's possible that Gem melee weapons might be able to crack their shells to get at the gooey mutant innards.

I'd say it's about an 80% chance that Gem and Dalek forces would just be pounding on each other uselessly for a while and the give up.

>project nigh-invulnerable barriers
That's actually a standard feature of most Covenant tech, unlike Gems who need the right kind of Quartz.

>Also they don't need to eat, sleep, drink, or breathe
Some Covenant races can survive in the vacuum of space for months without sleep, food, or drink. Some don't sleep at all.

>And they don't age or get sick
Not really relevant unless the war lasts a hundred years. But even then, races like the Unggoy are so incredibly good at reproduction they would still be increasing their numbers even with all the ones you killed off.

>And they pretty much have zero qualms about making organic life extinct for their own gain
That's the Covenants GOAL, so they have Gems beat there.

It's called Glassing
It's planetary destruction via heat, you'd need tempertures usually seen inside stars
I don't care how high their heat tolerance goes you're melting the crust of the planet here

Yo

I think the REAL question is can either of them beat THESE motherfuckers

>The right Sangheili can match a Spartan-II
UNSC pls.

The fact that SPARTANs could occasionally match elites is more indicative of their physicality.

I meant in terms of skill, speed, tactical thinking-

Everyone knows Elites are really really big. And they're incredibly competent for the most part. I just mean that Spartan-IIs are generally just better because they beat them in other areas- unless they're put up against the right Elite, like I said.

We've seen enough Spartan-IIIs kick multiple Sangheili's asses- and THEY were made to be expendable! Spartan-IIs are way more capable than you're giving credit. Just the shielding and armor alone on a Spartan-II is a massive fucking ordeal to break through.

They were beaten for a bunch of psykers children and feels, they are not a real threat.

>I meant in terms of skill, speed, tactical thinking-
Fair enough.

Worth noting though is that not very many of the S-IIs could hold their ground solo against an elite.

As far as the S-IIIs go, we've seen enough SPARTANs get laid low by Jackals or Grunts and they are born expendable so...

Basically Elites > SPARTANs in a fight, but some SPARTANs are much better.
Think of it like a mecha series. The named Gundam pilot has to do well even if the deck is stacked insurmountably against them.

Was about to post these fuckers. How powerful are they compared to other fictional alien races, anyway?

Rubies = Grunts
Quartz = Brutes

Better match

Naw, Auyrx was. And then became Oryx by molting into the King form.

Also the Book of Sorrows may or may not be a book of lies based on his Sister writing inside them.

Destiny has that too

Yes, Oryx is a tranny.

I find that bit with his Sisters pretty neat.
>let's commit suicide over and over so we can't be killed

Well, yeah, that's why you don't try and fist fight a Sangheili alone. Sangheili are stronger fighters, SPARTANs are better soldiers. They know their disadvantage and try not to put themselves in that kind of situation if at all possible. Whether that takes the form of stealth, having another SPARTAN covering you with sniper fire, simply being in a group- whatever.

I should also say that even though I am fully agreeing with you on this idea that SPARTANs nine times out of ten would lose one-on-one against an elite- there are so many 'exceptions' that the rule starts to break down at a certain point. Halo Wars has a completely normal human kicking an Arbiter's ass, not to mention three SPARTANs mowing down waves of Sangheili, the regular Halo games themselves have Master Chief, Linda, Kelly, Fred, Noble-6, Locke + his team, and a perfectly normal ODST- all easily holding their own against Sangheili, Halo: Headhunters has a two SPARTAN-IIIs killing a few dozen Sangheili (admittedly at the cost of their lives), in Ghosts of Onyx, Kurt fistfights a fucking Hunter- and the list goes on and on and on. Like I said, I still agree, but I'm just saying.

>Think of it like a mecha series. The named Gundam pilot has to do well even if the deck is stacked insurmountably against them.
I totally accept that logic.

>Another thinly veiled Haloverse fanwank
These plagued /tg/ for a while back. It was essentially.

>Who would win? Covenant or [Other fictional sci fi government]
>>Maybe [Other fictional sci fi government] because -
>NO! Covenant would win because [Reasons]!
>>[Counter reasons]
>Can't hear you! La la la la la!

And now they're migrating to other boards...

They were only a real threat when they were under Phazon.

Otherwise, they're a fringe threat comparable to North Korea.

If they would have managed to successfully weaponize the metroids, then that would have been a different stories.

The Cabal are way too organized and efficient to be comparable to the Orcs.

Their only commonality is that their main strategy is "overwhelm them with a lot of big dudes"

but have you carefully considered TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES

>Can't hear you! La la la la la!
That didn't happen in this thread at all though, you could at least read the thread before making a post like this.

DEEZ! ROKS ARR GREAT FO KRUMPIN! DEYZ GO POOF DEN COMES BACK AGAIN! STOMP EM ALL DAY E'REY DAY!

Give it time. By post 200 it will have devolved to my universe can beat up your universe.

God damn it, here come the Warhammerfags.

We get it. Warhammer always wins. Always. It's not even worth discussing at this point.

yet we dont know how big the empire of the gems is and they lost the earth to a group of rebels, my bet goes to the covenant

>Hunter
Did you ever read "Fistful of Arrows"?

>implying Jasper wouldn't tower over the Covenant manlets

Yea they're closer to the humans lot 40K. They even have an emperor and everything.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that comic. Yeah, I did read it.

>eight and a half feet tall
>manlet

whoa didn't realize I was on Sup Forums

Huh, incidentally I have it all saved.

Kinda wanna storytime it.

Dude. Hunters are over 12 ft. Jasper's big but not THAT big.

They're pretty similar tbqh, Rubies are like the little grunts from halo 1 while quartzes are like the bigger aliens. I think gems have an edge over them because of fusion tho, by fusing 4-5 of the little gems you can take on one of their big guys.

Has Steven Universe surpassed MLP as the most autistic show?

They're also just as stupid!

I'd say yes at this point.

She's taller than Garnet, who's like 8 feet. I always thought those guys you could play as in Halo 2 were as big as us

>Whole planet full of Kirk-Stevens
Good end.

Well, yeah, you're right. The Elites you play as are roughly the same height as the SPARTANs you play as (a bit taller, but close enough). But it's a fucky scale because, like I said, the humans they're being compared against are SPARTANs, so they're physically enhanced and thus tall as fuck. Like seven and a half feet.

Meanwhile, Hunters are 12 feet at least, pic related.

Could the Crystal gems beat the Kuni gems?

Warhammer definitely doesn't always win. The Cultureverse or Downstreamers would utterly fuck 40K.

Gems just have to fire a HALO ring. Gems are inorganic and won't be affected.

Okay, well, it always wins when compared against any universe that people would actually want to talk about.

Why do i get the feeling if this image was poorly drawn we would be calling it autistic

Those children beat a incarnation of the warp.

If there were Halo rings in this scenario the covies would activate it themselves, so it's a moot point. You can't involve universe-ending weaponry without nullifying any sort of discussion.

It is poorly drawn and autistic, and I do think that. The "problem" is that Sup Forums generally cares more about the actual topic than responding to an image, unlike other boards.

Because the worse a drawing looks the more autistic it looks.
But even then there's that well done drawing of anime characters standing outside of a destroyed Hall of Justice and everyone agrees it's autistic.

it is poorly drawn tho

Yet it took a small team of zombies with guns to kill him and son.

Who wins between the Gems' Homeworld and a version of the Gems' Homeworld that are as autistic as OP and have spent the exact same amount of time as OP posting on Sup Forums, but are 150% more powerful?