Half black user here

Half black user here.

Why does DC and Marvel have so many black super heroes/side kicks/replacements?
Blacks only make up 13% of America. Why are blacks so common as the go to minority? Why not Mexicans or asians nearly as represented?
It feels extremely forced to me.

Are you stupid fucks really that goddamn dumb you can't figure out the answer on your own and really fucking need to make this thread again and again and again?

Christ.

Because they want "minority" characters, but Asians are only minorities sometimes, and Mexicans just get lumped in as honorary black people along with everyone who has dark skin, even though that's the only thing that makes them similiar to each other.

I honestly doubt that black cape characters make up more than 13% of all cape characters, so it's actually pretty even?
Plus, there is an Asian Hulk, Chinese Superman, Asian Atom, Asian former Batgirl now Orphan, an Arab Green Lantern, Latino Green Lantern, Latino Blue Beetle, Pakistani Ms Marvel, etc.

Pretty sure this is a bait thread, but anyway.

They don't care about their stupid idea of representation they have a concrete concept of "diversity" in their head that means non whites with blacks at the fore.

I know this thread is 100% bait, but I'll throw a bone anyway in case someone who's genuinely curious stumbles in here with good intentions.

Black people are easier to write for American writers because the most they have to do is keep in mind racial ties to culture, but otherwise could write a white person, change their tone and skin color, and call it a day.

Other cultures and minorities tend to be heavily boostrapped to their own cultures, and that requires far too much effort on their part (I'm half calling them lazy half trying to understand some things like deadlines can fuck with this) to write to both learn about their culture, try to form an understanding of their culture, see the world from that culture's 'lens' so to speak, and then write said character while maintaining a strict ethic to the overall story's primary narrative.

It requires a lot of effort to write about someone of a culture you don't know and aren't properly educated for.

White guilt
I'm just going to paste this every time someone needs to ask that.

>Why not Mexicans
Because 90% of the time you wouldn't even be able to notice unless they do that stupid thing where they randomly drop Spanish words into English sentences or exclaim "Dios Mio!" when something shocking happens.

Haven't you heard? Asians are white because they've actually integrated into society and become successful instead of becoming criminals, and Latinos are white after one of them shot a black person.

their liberal guilt is limited to blacks and muslims. Actually many sjws secretly despise asians for their tendency to work and don't break the law, and the latinos for being sex positive.

Because they think "diversity" means "more black people" it's a really lazy and cheap attempt at diversity if you think about. And even so, it's not necessary. You can't be a minority and be "represented" everywhere because than you're not a minority.

And if you don't have a black person in something than a bunch of white people will call it racist because they sit around waiting to call things racist. It's their favorite thing to do.

Also there is an assumption here that black people can't like things unless there is a black person involved, which would be unfair if black people didn't seem to want to reinforce this assumption every chance they got. How is that NOT "racist"? They can't make original heroes because those same people won't support the original hero, only some derivative of the already popular, successful one too.

I think that speaks volumes for the mentality here.

If anything I think they're underrepresented. Black people make up a huge percentage of the NFL and NBA. If anyone is going to put on tights to go fight crime, I think it would be someone who's physically fit as fuck who can endure a lot of punishment like those athletes. Ain't no way all of the Robins are lilly white.

Do you not understand the concepts "shitpost" and "bait"?

To answer your question, a comic book is a fantasy world where a nigger can be a hero. They are trying to show that if this nigger can be called a hero, maybe niggers will stop acting like niggers. I think it is genius. (but it doesn't work, cause niggers)

>Different people ask the same question
>Get butthurt

Name some prominent Latino characters in comics.
I can name a lot of black ones.

>yfw this post

>Sup Forums, I would like to talk to you now about the concept of "bait" and "shitposting". Sup Forums, did you know that people post things just to get replies, no matter what those replies are. Sup Forums, some people are truly this pathetic.

>Why does DC and Marvel have so many black super heroes/side kicks/replacements?

>so many

The fuck?

There literally aren't many black superheroes in the DC canon. Even Marvel technically doesn't have that many -- they're just in prominent positions in the different Marvel universes.

The number of white heroes massively dwarfs the number of colored heroes -- that has been the case and probably will always be the case.

Ok. But do niggers buy comics, or is it done because Bandis has a black wife and kids, and if he doesn't do it he gets no sex?

Ghost Rider, Miss America, half-Miles, Da Costa?

I know plenty of black people into comics and collecting comic merch. I think the demographic has expanded way beyond sad basement dwelling white boy virgin, despite the denial on this board sometimes.

>Half black user here.

Is there more of them then white people buying comic. Am not trolling, serious question, as in my country there are people of only one racial group, and I am no master of racial dynamics in US.

Nova, Kyle Rayner, Blue Beetle, White Tiger, Anya, Bueno Excellente.

Jessica Cruz, Renee Montoya.

Jessica cruz
The Question
Tarantula
Aracely

>it's an oppression Olympics episode
Why does this one come on every day?

>Aracely

Nice try kaineshit

One of the aquagirls was latino.

BANE

To generate news.

I remember when I was a teenager, it got announced on BBC that Spiderman died and his successor was a black kid. The first I did when I walked into Waterstones was find the Spiderman volume that read 'The death of Spiderman' and read it.

You've got to remember that to someone outside of Cape comics there seems to be this huge everbuilding reservoir of continuity that needs to read before you can understand what you're reading; it's not intuitive for a person to read a Comic Vine articles on the differences between 616 and Ultimate or to just jump into an issue and buy TPBs.

What this news does is get people interested in reading an issue and hopefully, if they like it, they keep on reading.

Unfortunately what sells is controversy and shit like pic related will generate a ton of discussion and outrage.

TL:DR: It's not about representation, it's about generating news to get people outside of Cape comics to pick up an issue.

>b-but SJWs d-don't buy comics!

If I tell someone that Jason Aaron, a renowned comic book writer who they don't know who the fuck they are is writing one of the best Thor runs in recent history they don't care, but if I tell them Thor lost his Hammer and now it's a unkown Woman, well now they're interested and fuck continuity because the clock has been reset.

she was very prominent in Kaine comic though

The bigger question is why so many black super heroes were originally a different race. I want original black characters, not characters that are just piggy-backing off the fame of their prior franchise.

Vibe, Fire, Reptile, Sunspot

>Kyle Rayner

What? Since when is he Hispanic?

No, but it's a growing demographic while the white male readership is dwindling.

You seriously didnt know?

MARIA HILL

I don't think so, but I may be mistaken.

>so many blacks in muh cape shit

Wait, how many novelty black people are there actually in cape shit? Show me a list of the 100 most popular/pushed heroes in Marvel and in DC and if there are more than 15 black people represented on that list, I'd actually be surprised.

For a long time, actually.

This is kind of why Blacks are the go to/default minority. Artists have a hard time making Latinos or Asians distinctly non-white without overplaying racist caricatures.

1/4 according to the Benis.

Ms. America Chavez?

ok. but doesn't it maybe dwindle because those white guys are no longer getting the type of books they got back in the days? Now if other groups buying power outweights the lost white readers, then it is awesome for marvel.

Alright. Her name is apparently not pronounced in Spanish.

He looks white as fuck to me and Rayner isn't a Hispanic name I've ever heard of. Unless he's like third or fourth generation which doesn't really count.

> Artists have a hard time making Latinos or Asians distinctly non-white without overplaying racist caricatures.

I can see that too. It's easier to just make them black because making them any other race would require them to actually acknowledge race is more than just skin color, it's bone structure and facial structure too and they'd have to incorporate that at the risk of making them seem weird looking and getting yelled at for it.

He's Tex/Mex

Mexican Deadpool

His mom is a full blown spic

>Blacks only make up 13% of America.

You say that like that represents a small number of people.

As sales are currently at a 20 year high? I'm going to say that yes, the new groups (minorities, women) that marvel is courting are making up for the lost white male readership.

Am I crazy or is this not true? I specifically remember Ion Kyle sitting over his dead mother's hospital bed and bringing her back to life and she was a blonde white woman.

There is no one "type of book" and no one "back in the days". Comics are always in flux. The 80s weren't like the 90s weren't like the 2000s, and so on.
There is no one type of comic book reader, either. It's possible that the type that buys and collects a lot of floppies are predominently white nerds, but even that is subject to change.

Cool. Good to know that.

Well I am no expert, but am rather sure that in that past, doesn't matter if it was 60-70 or 90s, there were no gays or that many blacks.

Some of it is just artists do same face and their same face is always some idealized caucasian features. So with black people the skin color change is less subtle and the hair can sometimes be a dead giveaway.

Middle Eastern is also easy to show off but for a very long time they were the "bad guys" in the American conscience.

She was one of the first named. Probably one of my favorites from the list.

It's because white boy fans stopped buying comics when they could get them online for free, thus taking them out of the "who gives us money" statistics, which makes companies start producing books for the demographics who do actually pay to read.

I think the biggest issue is that comics per book are a lot more expensive these days, which means if somebody is going to have a pull list, it's realistically only going to be a small handful of titles. Why make your entire lineup of titles catered to the same white boy who is only going to buy a few of them anyway, when you can make a few books that appeal to your young girl readers, a few books that appeal to your black readers, a few books that appeal to your lgbt readers, etc? It's like me complaining that McDonalds offers fish sandwiches because I hate them and only want to eat burgers, while ignoring that there's people out there that are going to eat those damn fish sandwiches. You don't have to buy and like every single book that gets published, you just have to support the ones you do like and accept the fact that there's a huge audience out there all looking for something different. It's really not that hard.

>Why does DC and Marvel have so many black super heroes/side kicks/replacements?
>Blacks only make up 13% of America. Why are blacks so common as the go to minority? Why not Mexicans or asians nearly as represented?
>It feels extremely forced to me.

It has more to do with the nuances of how race, ethnicity, and nationality play out in the US.

For example, Mexicans (not counting other people from Latin America) are 10%, but they also have Mexico door to provide Mexican >insert whatever here< so they don't get left out in the cold as much when excluded from American stuff.

The remaining Latin countries only make up about the remaining 5%.

Asians, constitute a much smaller percentage 5% if you include everyone from the Indian subcontinent and SE/East Asia, which is relatively proportional.

So that leaves black people, who make up 13%, and unlike Mexicans and Asians really have no ties to any homeland. You wouldn't be too surprised to meet an Asian who spoke Japanese or a Latino who spoke Spanish, but an African American who speaks Yoruba or Igbo would be almost unheard of. Virtually none of them can talk about their grandparents from "the old country" as compared to a 3rd of Latino or Asian people. Virtually any of what could be considered black culture have been taken from, subsumed by, or synonymous with US culture.

So the black identity in the US is pretty much tied to America to the point where they aren't ever even considered to be immigrants (or recently related to immigrants) the same way an Asian or Latino might be.

This makes exclusion from America particularly hurtful as it really does leave black people adrift. Apart from their appearance, they have no more ties to Africa than anyone else in the US. America *is* their cultural homeland.

But despite all of that, they're still treated as "the other" and somehow atypical Americans despite many black families having longer histories in the US than a lot of white families.

A lot of the black characters (like Luke Cage, Storm, Cyborg) are from the 70s, the gay characters came a little later. Of course it's more now than it used to be, because characters accumulate, but when user said "type of book", I was thinking of things like style, genre, stories, not "how many gay and black characters are in it".

Ok, it seems a bit crazy though. Black superman, black spider man, captin america with wings that is black and an air pilot, when from what I have been told blacks are not seen well in the air force, at least my dad never met any durning exchange. It seems like every hero is either black, or a sjw woman. And if he happens to be white, then he ends up crazy evil superman or hail hydra cpt america.
I understand that there were black people before,and I have nothing against black people now. But when iron man is suddenly a 15 year old girl, which somehow is at MiT, the suspense of disbelif is broken.

But on the other hand I do have to say, that for 10year plus , I thought that Storm was not black, but just dark skined like people from caucasus.

If it works for marvel though, then it is ok I guess.

15 year old black girl goes to MIT and being mentored by Tony Stark breaks your suspension of disbelief, but all the time travel and magic powers and people coming back from the dead in comics doesn't?

We need more variety of color.

I'm excited about grey She-Hulk!

The fuck are you talking about?
Of the like 6 Marvel Air Force characters I can think of none of them were black unless you're talking about Falcon from the MCU, you Sup Forums moviefag pleb.
Even then he wasn't a high ranking military official, they just strapping a jetpack on to him.

>It seems like every hero is either black, or a sjw woman
Nigga, I am not equipped for this level of retardation.

I think it seems crazy because people draw a lot of attention to it. Black Hispanic Spiderman and SamCap are a thing, sure, but AFAIK both Peter Parker and Steve Rogers are still around and are unlikely to ever really lose the spotlight because "the originals" always come back somehow. Same goes for Thor Odinson. The HYDRA Cap thing is dumb, I admit, but he's already being explained away. (And since Bucky has already been Captain America, it's not totally nonsensical that Sam can be also.)
Current Superman is white and a dad. There are Elseworlds Supermen that are black, but not the main one.

And comics are full of teen geniuses, so a black teen girl genius is not really that weird or different.

any girl at an engineering school at the age of 15 breaks it. I was in one for 4 years, no 15 year old, including males would survive the avarge intake of vodka needed to survive the first week of practic.
As far as magic goes, now am I an atheist in general, but first 2-3 weeks durning practic at an oil station taught me that either there is a god/gods, or there is magic, or math is a lie and the laws of probability do not work, because everthing should have blown up in the 80s the way it is worked right now.

My dad was in the air force in the 90s, and they got to meet pilots from UK and US back then. From what he told me, there was 0 black pilots, and the pilots were "our guys" aka they were white, drunk a lot , whored a lot etc.

The whole Ramon family

>hail hydra cpt america.
>Reality had to be altered for this to happen
>3 issues in Cap is already defecting because he was altered to have a little girl's ideal of Hydra
I don't get why Hydra Cap upsets so many people.

Ok but why can't it be an asian dude, or even a chick if it has to be one? We had asian dudes out our university, they were what we call "minds" they never drunk, or drunk only after exams, and spend all their time in the nuke room and took extra class in counter espionage etc. The hulk guy, he makes sense to me. Little asia dude, makes himself huge to get the women. That is like one of my friends. only he went in to roids, and good work, and not super powers.

cause DIVERSITY
and everyone knows blacks are the only diverse race there is

why can't the black guy be a hail hydra guy then? And it always has to be the one white dude that is bad. My grandfather fought alongside cubans in africa in the 60s, and even 1/3 of the stories were true, black people are at best no better then regular soldiers aka total bastards. The difference is that in white countries, most females do not join the military and you have to be 14 to join, if your male.

All I can tell you is that black girl nerds exist, even if you don't personally know any. And while I'm Korean and 100% get what you say about Asians and discipline, the nerdy Asian is also a little tired and played out. And I knew a lot of Asian kids who ditched school, drank, and got into bar fights too. The only time I was ever arrested for a bar brawl was with some college kids in Korea. It takes all kinds, you know.

>Half Black user here

Who gives a shit?

Blacks only make up 13% of America. Why are blacks so common as the go to minority? Why not Mexicans or asians nearly as represented?
It feels extremely forced to me.

Half Black, but completely Autistic Also didn't we have this thread already? Fuck off back to Sup Forums

Because the Jews are trying to demoralise whites and instill self-hating on a civilisational level. Whites who support this are known as Shabbos goyim.

>why can't the black guy be a hail hydra guy then?
Because Steve is the one that has history with Hydra and Red Skull. Why the hell would Red Skull care about Sam?
> And it always has to be the one white dude that is bad
There are plenty of black villains.
>My grandfather fought alongside cubans in africa in the 60s, and even 1/3 of the stories were true, black people are at best no better then regular soldiers aka total bastards. The difference is that in white countries, most females do not join the military and you have to be 14 to join, if your male.
I have no idea how that's relevant to this Cap discussion but okay.

The only asians that tried to drink like we do died before they reached 25, imo an asian that tries to drink dies, before he gets to breed. Maybe somewhere, there are those wartime super asians, that everyone is scared of, but I have no seen any of them. Maybe they all died in afganistan. And I can also attest the asian=super aggresive. All smaller people are in a full attack mode all the time. Around my friend, who at first was known to be a gentle person with some professors thinking him gay, it was not possible to laugh, because he would jump on you with the nearest pipe, or anything heavy and not nailed down. He once smashed a server in to a professor that told hi to us and laughted walking away.

Funny, because as a woman I went into STEM at 16, so maybe there's people out in the world that have different experiences than you may realize, and that super hero stories are almost always written about people in extraordinary circumstances. Just because something isn't common doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The mere possibility of it happening in a fictional setting where super genius is way more common and exaggerated than in our own world really shouldn't trigger you so much.

There's nothing realistic about the super intelligence levels of Reed and Valeria Richards or Bruce Banner or Tony Stark either, but heaven forbid a black girl get the same fantastical treatment. Or do super special snowflake reality breaking backstories only get to apply to white dudes? Of course it's unrealistic. All of it is unrealistic. An average black teenage girl isn't a super genius. An average ANYBODY isn't a super genius. It's like they decided that a character who can reverse engineer an Iron Man armor shouldn't be average. Pretty sure the majority of young boys who worship Peter Parker aren't nearly as smart as him either, but they're allowed to indulge in the fantasy.

I don't know in comics blacks are shown as good people, but they are not. At best they are realy fucked up in their brains. I mean sure, we sometimes kill bears and we are not very nice to caucasians. Am not going to lie, we treat them like shit. But we do not hunt down albinos to eat their arms and legs, because those cure aids.

>tfw the white genocide won't be in your lifetime

Sounds like you're self-hating

So your point here is that you generalize an entire race?

The purpose of the story isn't that Steve and white men are so evil and bad, jesus christ. The point is that even with his entire reality being altered and him unaware of Red Skull and Kobik fucking up his history, Steve is already breaking out of the mentality and plans on overthrowing Red Skull because he's just that good to the core. Don't complain about shit you haven't even bothered to read.

Case in point, here...
Women's suffrage was a mistake, by the way.

Shouldn't it be an image of a sad jew?

No super smart man are not unrealistic. There are legions of super smart man working at universities and in the military. Women do not. And why would they, it is hard work. There are someitmes women, but either they act like men or they are wifes of some important politician or have family in the military/ Who else would hire them, after they finish their phd. And even then a 20 or less year old engineer would die from alcohol poisoning within first week of work.

>generalize

Fuck off.

Holy shit have you never even been to Asia? Your ignorance on the subject is horribly painful.

There's no such thing, silly goy

That's exactly what you did so I don't see why I should fuck off.

It is not generalisation if all of them do it. I mean we all drink, a lot. it is not a generalisation, we just do it. Sure maybe there are some sort of super rare people who don't. Only no one ever found those rare people, and I doubt anyone would count them as our people, if they wouldn't drink. in fact refusal to drink is one of biggest insults here. And the one that doesn't drink will never be trusted, because either he is not one of us, or he is a snich. Or both.

He's been saying non-sensical, borderline asinine, retarded shit all thread, I don't know why we keep responding to him.
Then again we are the most gullible board on Sup Forums.

90% of my home country is in asia. So yes I have been to asia.

>It is not generalisation if all of them do it
You've met every black person on the planet?

Because comics exist in a reverse mirror world where most black people are heroes.

Yeah OP does sound like that, because he is.

>Mexicans just get lumped in as honorary black people along with everyone who has dark skin
Hispanic here, don't put me in the same bag with the black people please. when i want something i hard work for it, i don't go cry in the middle of the street so someone feel about me and give money for nothing

You do not need to know all of them, it if is more then 30% it means all of them are like that.

The level of intelligence in the Marvel Universe is unrealistic, and to argue otherwise makes you delusional. Just because statistically more men do something doesn't mean the women that also work in those fields don't exist at all. Trying to use statistics means you kinda have to acknowledge overlap and outliers, instead of turning it into a binary issue.

What grade did you get to before you dropped out of school?