Fuck Star Wars

>Be me
>Love Star Wars
>Books, games, cartoons, bootlegs, comics, figures
>Deep into EU
>Rumors of a Star Wars VII movie
>Excitedly awaiting Thrawn Trilogy
>Awesome! 2010's are going to be the best decade for Star Wars movies, games and shows
>Games cancelled
>"Directed by JJ Abrams!"
>EU killed by Disney
>Star Wars now part of Marvel
>Get SJW Wars
>"Fuck you, nerd! Star Wars is not a sekrit club! TFA is the greatest SW's movie of all time! Who cares about your non-canon shit? It's not gone, it's just part of the Legends(tm) brand!"

Is anyone else dead inside from all this shit? I spent more than half my life on Star Wars and fucking hipsters and casuals killed the fuck out of it. Is there any hope that the true Star Wars will come back?

JOKA JOKA JOKA

JOKA! JOKA! JOKA!

>I spent more than half my life on Star Wars and fucking hipsters and casuals killed the fuck out of it.
lol

JOKA!! JOKA!! JOKA!!

Ayyy lmao

JOKA!!! JOKA!!! JOKA!!!

JOKA!!!! JOKA!!!! JOKA!!!!

I feel ya OP. But be prepared for others to start insulting and berating you for acting abrasive.

JOKA!!!!! JOKA!!!!! JOKA!!!!!

Star Wars is dead, son. Accept it

I agree with everything except calling TFA SJW Wars, frankly I don't care about that, but Kylo Ren was such absolute shit.

JOKA!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!

JOKA!!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!!

JOKA!!!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!!!

>Excitedly awaiting Thrawn Trilogy
This is how I know this is a bait thread. There's no way anybody was actually expecting Thrawn movies

JOKA!!!!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!!!!

The lack of mention of the prequel trilogy makes me wonder.

Is OP a prequel trilogy fan?

The love for the EU strikes me as indicative of shit taste, but is not as damning as a fondness for that nightmare milkshake of dookie.

JOKA!!!!!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!!!!! JOKA!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he was talking about the books, which made his post confusing for time frame reasons

I've loved Star Wars for nearly thirty years. And I love ep vii, too. Do I miss the eu? There was a period of adjustment while I had to accept that my comfort zone was gone, but you can still read all of that. And Disney's seeming intent to take what it wants from the old EU, so if you liked something that wasn't complete shit, it'll most likely show up again.
And it's your own fault for automatically thinking ep vii was going to just be Thrawn trilogy.
Also, thank fuck the yuuzahn vong are wiped away.

If you thought the EU would be used in the movies you are stupid and deserve whatever pain you feel.

>I spent more than half my life on Star Wars
That's on you. Star Wars was never much good. There's one good movie (and it's not TFA), and the Han Solo book series was decent, but everything else has been complete shit. Sorry you spent your life having bad taste, I guess.

>Hating TFA

It's the most successful movie to date, both domestic and internationally. KYS faggot

I mean to be fair, 99% of the EU was complete trash that you should feel bad to be excited about. If you're going to sit there and claim anything in Force Awakens even came close to Mara Jade levels of awful, then you're a fucking idiot.

I don't disagree with the point that TFA isn't hate-worthy, but c'mon...commercial success and quality are rarely related to each other.

>successful=good
OP may be a faggot, but TFA was a mediocre, watered down ANH

Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons

THIS.

The new stuff is shite, m8.

>look how contrarian I am! I hate one of the world's most loved franchises!

I mean, they're kind of right. People romanticise the series because Empire was fantastic and New Hope was good, but everything else has been pretty shit.

>Most beloved franchise

It's just a couple of movies. Nothing to get upset over, geez.

Don't worry, OP, there's a club of crazies in Poland that would be happy to take your dumb ass in. You can sit around a fire made from Clone Wars DVD cases and bitch about how your ridiculous cavalcade of continuity-ignoring, nausea-inducing wretched caricatures of "characters" still matter to you and how Mara Jade is still your collective waifu.

The 95% of it that was literal shit. May you be buried in it to the neck and left to rot in the sun.

>Is there any hope that the true Star Wars will come back?

In the next movie Rey will be impregnated by Finn and will die giving birth to his baby.

>Left to right

I don't hate Star Wars. I'm just not lying to myself over how good most Star Wars material is. Empire is great. The rest of the movies fall somewhere on a continuum between "utter trash" and "mediocre, but culturally relevant." The extraneous canon material is mostly shit with a few decent moments found in the shows, books, and comics. TFA itself is a movie that tries really hard to be a better one.

Isn't that exactly what OP is doing, but it's okay because he mentioned SJWs?

>Han Solo book series was decent
Hey, pal, I disagree, it was complete fuzy shit, sweetheart.

You know what always gets me? The fact that people act their comic collections and novels and video games all apparently disappeared the moment they did the canon purge.

The best thing about the EU wipe is, a lot of the SW stuff that absolutely sucked were (mostly) directly at odds with TFA canon.

Besides, do all these sperglords REALLY want:
>Yuzhan Vong War
>Second Civil War with crybaby Caedus
>The 150-ABY Legacy series that felt like something left over from the 1990s
>ALL of Karen Traviss' Mando-aboo bullshit
etc, canon again?

>OP is being contrarian because he doesn't like JJ's rewrite

>Besides, do all these sperglords REALLY want...
Yes. SW spergs love all that shit.

This better, weeaboo?

I mean, he would be, given how popular that movie is. That said, TFA is still terrible.

Star Wars is literally the most casual thing you can be into

Isn't it strangely coincidental that they purged anything that could prevent them from creating a multi-culti Star Wars movie? (((TFA)) was awesome!

Well, you know how folks are about losing their gods to reason and logic.

Fair enough, people can have other tastes. Shit tastes, but other tastes. Especially in regards to liking Karen Traviss' horseshit books.

To be fair, I can agree that 90% of most SW-related comics and novels were an utter crapshoot in quality. Even X-Wing Rogue Squadron and Tales of the Jedi had their moments of lapsing quality.

The one where the Hutts try to build their Death Star gun took the cake for the most hilarious book though

You seem to be forgetting that period between 1999 to 2006 your franchise has been fucked for a long time mate

Speaking as a person who WANTED to like the SW EU, I think you're lying to yourself. The Star Wars expanded universe was cancer. it was a hodgepodge of what trumped up fanfiction authors chose to do with the universe and story. Given that there were at one time literally DOZENS of SW book writers all doing their own thing, how can you expect anyone to make anything new in such a packed in setting? Everything in EU carried hundreds of years of lore, nothing could be changed.

The EU had become a mudpit of content where you literally could either A ignore everything and do what you wish (at the risk of alienating fans and publishers), or B try to include all the lore added on and watch as your story becomes dictated to you by what previous stories have already done.

Eu is the perfect example of 'too many cooks in the kitchen'. As it stands now as Legends, it actually is more useful to movie writers and new book authors because it gives an example of the direction you can go with SW universe, without DEMANDING you pay homage to previous writers' work every step of the way.

Is Second Civil War with crybaby Ren so different?

Ever since TFA, people have decided that the prequels were good.

It's because they were more invested in the EU than they were in the actual films, so to their mind that's what needs defending, not the ruined reputation Star Wars received from the Prequels. All Disney wants to do is reset the clock to Return and ignore the prequels as much as they can and that's exactly what they should do. Star Wars is a film franchise first and foremost, not a collection of merchandising shit people ran with for 40 years. Granted almost remaking ANH was taking it way, way too far (probably could have saved it without the Starkiller) but still, better to give your teams creative freedom than to hamstring them to the dreams of a few fanboys who will bitch because you parted Thrawn's hair on the wrong side or some shit.

Yeah, most of them do. Which boggles my mind that they'll call TFA shit but want the parts that sent the EU down the drain.

>Implying TFA wasn't shit

I don't think he's saying it isn't shit, it's that he's pointing out the hypocrisy of EUfags.

I for one wanted the new films to take place Legacy style.

You now have the excuse of a looong passage of time for a new Empire, new Dark Side group, new Jedi purge, etc. so the OT heroes and new Republic don't look like ineffectual weak-ass bitches.

But nooo, gotta have Harrison Ford to get butts in seats.

>EUfags

Well meme'd fellow redditor! Disney and JJ only improved Star Wars by throwing out all that was canon as evidenced by their highly financially successful and completely original movie: TFA. :^)

There's multiple comics and cartoons that relate directly to his complaint?

Sooo salty your barely admissible fan fiction novels and vidya aren't canon, when it's questionable that they ever were.

I would take TFA over that horseshit any day.

>Barely admissible
>Use it to defined black stormtrooper after taking a shit all over EU

Wew.

>The one where the Hutts try to build their Death Star gun took the cake for the most hilarious book though
>Get rid of that only to make a movie about a Death Star that kills solar systems and is planet sized
What was the fucking point? Seriously? The nuEU is just as retarded.
This. Ren in a bigger pussy than Jacen and Rey is a bigger Mary Sue than Mara Jade.

Wow. Fuck you nerds sure do take this Star Wars shit way to seriously. It's just a fucking movie.

>defending a 2 billion dollar grossing movie that's a sequel to an already overplayed franchise against a series of fan fiction novels
>implying you have to like TFA to think EU fags are-- well, fags

>shitting on Legacy
Pleb taste

Friendly reminder: George Lucas hates what Disney and JJ did to SW and regrets selling to them.

I grew up a Star Trek kid but watched the original Star Wars movies constantly at my father's apartment. I respect the franchise, it's philosphy, as well as it's lore, but it's not exactly my favorite

Am kind of pissed about how badly Abrams screwed up Trek (don't care if it takes place in some other timeline that's divergent from TOS), but he did seem to rekindle the magic of Star Wars that Lucas trashed with the prequel movies

The point of his character is that he sucks compared to Darth Vader.
kek
The games are often good.

Friendlier reminder fans hated what George Lucas did to SW and regret spending so much time glorifying him.

Stop trying to pawn off JJ onto us. Let him go back to fucking up Star Trek.

>t. Mickey Mouse

>"Things are beginning to feel a little episodic!"
>WINK

Walked out of the theater, no joke. Fuck JJ Abrams.

Star Trek fan here. I too am kinda pissed how all this talk about the new movie-verse ended up just being "hey lets COMPLETELY REPEAT the original movies with modern graphics"

No new stories yet.... because they never intended to make new stories.

Abrams tried to force a more "action oriented" feel that has been plaguing the Star Trek movies since Generations, it at least fits in Star Wars

this is true. Star Wars has always been more about action, style and good vs evil.
Star Trek was more about character development, quirky moments (that often sucked but sometimes didnt), and fantastical technology.
Star Wars can get away with handwaving a lot of things that Star Trek must explicitly state even if nobody but the most diehard fans understand the explanation.

So he's a bad villain. And the movie is bad because it undermines itself.

But he always screws up the basics. His characters, and this goes back to Mission Impossible by the way, all feel impossibly flat. Name one JJ Abrams character that stuck with you. You can't do it. Every single character in every single one of his films lacks realism and personality, to the point that people have to focus on the technical aspects of his filmmaking just to insult him.

The Force Awakens was sold on nostalgia, just like the Prequels were. Idiots defending it based on its box office draw just ignore that. The Force Awakens, just like the Prequels, was a commercial success but an artistic failure.

At the very, very least the Prequels attempted to introduce new elements and depth to the Star Wars universe. The Force Awakens was written by committee and it showed. It was a movie that was manufactured, not created. JJ is one of the laziest directors in recent memory, and that's saying something.

Star Trek is all about morality tales because its creator was an awful hippie douchebag.

No it isn't. That doesn't factor in inflation, merchandise, home releases, or other such factors. If you did, you'd know nothing is touching Star Wars 4.

Also, >>Sup Forums

Why is this on Sup Forums ?

Lucas only 'hates it' because he wants to be in absolute control, just as he was during the production of the prequel trilogy. And look at how THAT turned out.
Poop and fart jokes left and right, clumsy humor (sometimes literally just clumsy behavior pretending to be humor), and painfully stiff acting because Lucas kept saying "now do it again but more stoically"
Lucas was his own worst enemy because he lost whatever vision he had for the franchise way back in Return of the Jedi (those goddamn ewoks nearly took over the fucken movie all because he wanted a story of good vs evil to be OBVIOUSLY kid friendly)
there was nothing Lucas was unwilling to sacrifice if it meant yet another way to show how the movie is 'kid friendly'

This is true too.
but at least those morality tales can drift farther away from "good people are good, bad people are bad," the way it is in Star Wars. Look at "In the Pale Moonlight" from DS9

Your EU is dead son, accept it.

I still like the EU, especially the campy stuff like Dark Empire, but I'm kind of glad that it's over. As the timeline progressed, the Skywalker family tree was getting way too crowded and even the setting of the ancient Jedi stories lost a lot of its charm due to TOR.

>Muh stronk wymyn
>Muh token black guy
>Muh emo bad guy
>Muh blue and orange color schemes
>Muh homage to the original film

Yeah. So much better than any of Lucas' movies.

Lucas was never involved in the most successful elements of the Star Wars franchise and I think he knew it. He was always an idea-man first. His test films from his college days were artistically sound but technically on par with any other film student. A lot of his inspiration came from what he saw as a child, and so he approached filmmaking through a childlike lens. His health problems, weight gain, and general dickishness arose from his inability to grasp that film is a collaborative process and that other people can help make a movie fun and interesting.

JJ Abrams mirrors Lucas' development almost on a 1 for 1 scale. His failing is a little different from Lucas'; JJ hyperfocuses on one or two elements in each one of his films and somehow manages to sacrifice plot and character development to arrive at those moments as quickly as possible. You really see it in Mission Impossible with the dumb false-face gag and the "double cross" you see from a mile away. Same with Super 8 and Star Trek. There's no narrative, no focus. It's mindless plot meant to pad out the moments between whatever autistic obsession JJ thinks is neat at the moment.

The prequels were always just fine, people who actually complain about them are autistic spergs

It was better than almost all of them and it was still shit because it's a shit franchise.

It was better than exactly none of them, and the shittiest Star Wars moments from the 70s' on to the present were better than TFA.

>Get SJW Wars

fuck off, kid.

Sup Forums is /tb/ now haven't you heard?

>mfw VII was terrific, Rogue One looks great, Thrawn is canon, and most of the garbage EU is out

>comprehensive story
>actual characters
>practical effects
>the camera fucking moves

It's okay for you to like the prequels and IV, user, but let's not lose our grip on reality

Hey OP. Are you the guy who made this?

>Comprehensive story
lel
>actual characters
see above
>practical effects
One fucking dodo bird on a string made by some art department reject is not "practical effects." 99% of the movie was still CGI, the practical effects teasers were lies meant to appeal to the lowest IQ audience possible, i.e. yourself.
>the camera fucking moves
Only valid point you've made.

>Mara Jade: Zann's Mary Sue Imperial Agent, killed by Troll Denning
>Rey: Mary Sue nobody instant Jedi Master, pwns established superior Dark Jedi apprentice

Bretty close

Jesus Christ no. As much as I dislike TFA, his Star Trek is a fucking atrocity.