This was actually really good. Way more substance than the first one

This was actually really good. Way more substance than the first one.

Thoughts?

Did a better job of building up most of the characters
>Drax still didn't do shit
But the end didn't make too much sense to me but whatever.

I'm more interested in a Ravagers movie than another GOTG. Here's hoping for a geriatric sex scene with Yeoh and Stallone

It was the first capeshit movie where I actually felt anything for the characters. I was legit upset they killed Yondu off.

My biggest complaint is that Drax did fuck all the entire movie but flirt with some autistic bug woman

>Way more substance than the first one
yeah this
..... what now, we wait for DCtrolls or?

They also made him a bit too much of a giggling retard.

actually i haven't read the comics
what is Drax supposed to be?
also if there's a complaint about GotG 2 is that it's totally irrelevant to "the big plan" or any advancement towards some sort of conclusions of the whole Avengers/Thanos saga
just like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Daredevil

It's not exactly irrelevant to the big plan but I like the GotG movies for not being capeshit and being in their own corner of the whole MCU thing not weighed down by having to tie shit in for the next MCU movie.

>Drax still didn't do shit
My favorite part was the Mantis and Drax scene of them sitting in front of the ponds.
Drax mentions his wife and daughter now and again but he never shows emotions, but when Mantis starts pouring tears after feeling his emotions, you finally get to set how hurt he was on the inside.
Besides that the rest of the movie sucked.

A stoic human dude that had his family killed by Thanos, he later finds his daughter alive, who is a former supervillian that falls in love with one of the team, the daughter of the OG Cap Marvel.

>big plan

Why do people keep complaining about this? Why can't the characters do their own thing?

I mean Winter Soldier did fuck all with Thanos and the gems but is widely regarded as one of the best MCU films. Then again people say Iron Man 2 was a Avengers 0.5 even though the story is squarely on Tony Stark and all it does is shed more light on SHIELD which the first movie introduced.

>>>/reddit/

>everyone who don't like this shit is a DC troll/shill

I loved it. Much much better than the first one and maybe my favorite MCU as of now. When the "Father and Son" song came, I couldn't help feeling emotional, so that was something. Also I loved Rocket in this--such a damaged bastard, poor thing.

Actually, Stallone's crew is a reference to the original Guardians in le comic boox

didnt like it. i dont watch capeshit to hear about a group of fags talking about emotions and daddy issues the entire time. gimme some action

>also if there's a complaint about GotG 2 is that it's totally irrelevant to "the big plan" or any advancement towards some sort of conclusions of the whole Avengers/Thanos saga
But that's good

Instead it just shows more about space and introduced more races and factions

>Why can't the characters do their own thing?
because series are supposed to have a beginning, a climax and a conclussion
and this series is getting too long and the money is beginning to shrink. many people are starting to get impatient and while:
>I mean Winter Soldier did fuck all with Thanos and the gems but is widely regarded as one of the best MCU films
i agree with this and with GotG 2 being great movies on their own, Ironman 2 introduces S.H.I.E.L.D. (and very likeable Phil and Black Widow) while Winter Soldier introduces very likeable Falcon and so-so Bucky to the whole story (but finishing off S.H.I.E.L.D. proved irrelevant and just an excuse to write off Samuel L. Jackson)
will Daredevil or Starhawk be introduced into the main series or have to do with anything? no, because one is a guy from a web series and tv/web series actors are cursed to never be included in movies and the second one is just a honorable cameo like the Collector (which might as well be dead)

Liked it more than the first. But i'm not the biggest fan of the first. Good movie!

The MCU isn't a series in the traditonal sense though. It's a universe with a bunch of series that can generate tons of spinoffs and sequel bait.

then why isn't there an Ironman 4?

.... i was really expecting an Ironman: Civil War to be filmed back to back with CA:CW tbhdesu

>then why isn't there an Ironman 4?
But it came out in the beginning of july

well we can't be a Marvel hugbox here. at least is bringing some heat

That's what I liked most, it was its own thing.