This movie is criminally underrated

This movie is criminally underrated.

And after five years, it's still the best looking CGI animated film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aIdXcRxHvNs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't know if it's the best, but I'd wager it's dated much less than other CGI films at the time.

It surprises me how quickly CGI seems to age. I saw webm related the other day and it just immediately looked off, though when it released not that long ago I thought it looked pretty damn good.

But yeah, Rango's great, expected it to be a bit shit but it's something pretty fresh and unique. Rattlesnake Jake was top tier.

I agree still one of the best animated cg movies

it's supposedly inspired by El Topo, but i've never picked up a single similarity aside from the desert setting

>people unironically like shit like Frozen and Zootopia
>the same people will ignore Rango

Fucking millennials.

>60 frames

hwat

I don't understand why CGI Disney females looks so ugly to me. Everyone else seems to think they're hot as fuck, but they just seem...wrong, for lack of a better word.

>Zootopia
>Shit
Those are words that demand the death sentence.

AND the best western in the 21st century.

The animation in these movies is just awful.
Untextured, the chicks look like they have down's syndrome, overly realistic hair and clothes with cartoony faces

It's just hideous

Yes, but do you like Rango?

It's good but Jake is what I remember is being diffrent from other movies, main issue is that the story is the same 'normal dude becomes a badass through finding who he really is' plot.

>Untextured
>overly realistic hair and clothes
???

because every single one has the face of a toddler

>There are people ITT RIGHT NOW who legitimately think this movie was good

Frozen was already behind when it was made. It's actually a DOWNGRADE compared to Tangled, which was made years earlier.

>That Squint Eastwood scene

this movie rocked my balls

Never saw it fully.

>millennials.

You're a millennial too, fag.

>>Zootopia
>>Shit
>Weeb posting

it's basically Chinatown with a charlatan Protagonist who grows into the role and the badguy actually gets his comeuppance.

the visuals were hella tight tho.

Felt a bit contrived for me but that's mainly because it wasn't Eastwood and I'm autistic.

It's inspired by a shitton of westerns themes.
Rattlesnake Jake is based on Lee Van Cleef, who played parts in famous westerns, like Angel Eyes/Sentenza/The Bad on The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Frozen never looked that good.

I didn't watch it for two reasons:
1.- Johnny Depp. I am very bored of Johnny Depp playing the same character in every movie.

2.- Some of the weird anthropomorphic designs were off putting. Like, that lizard lady on the OP image. Those eye lids? That mouth?
It isn't "uncanny valley" disturbing but it is ugly.

>mfw The whole ride of the Valkyries scene

still the best version of The Valkyries song in a movie IMO

youtube.com/watch?v=aIdXcRxHvNs

When Frozen's first scene played, I was actually kind of hyped because the ice in that scene looked so fucking good, I thought the rest of the movie would blow my mind considering it all took place in snow and ice. It didn't, it was really unremarkable.

I will never not want crazy size play lizard sex with Beans.

Disney/pixar films

The character's clothing and hair get more and more realistic
but the faces are some eerie kind of attempt to look like the old 2d style but fail miserably thing

and the chicks all look like they have chromosomal disorders with the fucking noses and eyes jesus christ

Does it vex you?

>Beens freezes up
>Rango doesn't grope her

Pretty unrealistic
ruined the movie desu

>1.- Johnny Depp. I am very bored of Johnny Depp playing the same character in every movie.

What character would that be?

Johnny Depp was really good in this movie.
I forgot it was him doing the voice half the time.

>very bored of Johnny Depp playing the same character in every movie
Eh, he doesn't really do his 'thing' this movie. If anything it kind of felt they added him in for no particular reason. The charecters look better in movement to be honest, singular frames lead to a bit of uncannyness but I like that about the movie.

Johnny Depp.

One day I gotta commission some Beans 34

Of course the furry faggots always pick the worst shit to make smut of (fnaf, zootopia)

>"uncanny valley"
>still pushing this meme

Depp was actually quite good in Rango. There's a behind-the-scenes thing that showed how they got the reference for the animation: The entire cast actually physically acted out the entire movie in character. I don't any other CGI movie has done that, and it added a lot to the movie by making every character sort of have the physical performance to match their voice acting.

That's not saying much as the last one worth anything that was Unforgiven. Though The Good, The Bad and the Weird was pretty fun with western themes.

>Johnny Depp.

Yeah. What character is that? I don't really follow actor's personal lives so I don't really know what Johnny Depp is like outside of movies.

0:54

"Give the Holler."

Laughing. for. days. How'd this get slept on so badly?

He's actually very shy and softspoken and only engage in his dark humor around friends. So nothing like Wonka, Hatter, Jack Sparrow etc.

SmoothVideoProject.

It's an actual thing.

One thing that bothers me is they try to play up this whole honorable villain thing with Jake at the end, when just moments before he was sadistically enjoying suffocating/crushing Beans to death.
I dunno.

And so are fairies, bigfoot, atlantis etc

>baiting this hard

I should probably finally watch the whole thing.

>One thing that bothers me is they try to play up this whole honorable villain thing with Jake at the end, when just moments before he was sadistically enjoying suffocating/crushing Beans to death.
>I dunno.

Westerns are full of about assholes being nice guys. And nice guys generally being assholes. Hell, most of the nicest guys in westerns are the ones who have done the most killing.

Give me a break. This whole uncanny valley nonsense...it's really tiresome at this point.
Do you cry uncanny valley when you see ugly people in real life?

It doesn't apply to real life you fucking neanderthal.

Then what the fuck are you doing nigga? Go watch it

The Mayor tried double crossing him.

On kisscartoon in HD so you really don't have an excuse

Watch how you talk to me, son.

>talking about squeezing her eyeballs out of her skull

That's a little more than just being an asshole, dude

What said, jake is a sadistic asshole but he has principles. Pay him and he'll do what you want. Yes he'll kill you the second you get in his way and probably enjoy it but that's just business.

The mayor tried to fuck him tho, and Rango put up one hell of a fight. That's worthy of respect.

I'll bet you think Big Hero 6 and Frozen look just fine though, right?

>Rango put up one hell of a fight.
He did?

He didn't beat Jake with his bare fists or anything but he outmaneuvered and tricked him, not to mention having the balls to come back in the first place.

I doubt Jake would be scared of Rango if they met again, but there's respect.

>That's a little more than just being an asshole, dude

I'm saying that lots of guys in westerns are sadistic assholes who kill loads of people for fun and profit.

And we cheer for them because they're charismatic and in the end, the end up going after another bad guy.

And there are guys who are really just trying to uphold the law or not get killed, and we boo them.

And everyone smokes, gets drunk off their asses, fucks whores, and gambles- when they aren't being racists.

The morality of the wild west is usually entirely dependent on who the protagonist is.

It's an actual thing, but the term is used wrongly more often than not.

Big Hero 6 has good art, but humans look bad. Face looks really... off.
Frozen just looks like shit.

I like all three, and really appreciated Rango's style.

>Muh movie is an underreted jewel!!
>More people should watch it! Why isn't it more popular?!
>WHY ISN'T MORE PEOPLE WATCHING OUR DAMMIT?!?!?!

Do you know how insufferable you sound like?

They aren't perfect, but I think you problem is you don't understand they try to make a cartoon, but using just plain colors doesn't make the same way with traditional animation, they have to try to mix unreal things with real one, a good example is Zootopia, most of the animals have wonderful fur based on real life fur and physics, but of course, Judy (the bunny) have a unreal head, body and proportions for a real bunny. Of course, they have a lot work to do.

>you're eating his ashes!
>he loved to smoke
>I think you just swallowed Plan B

Little things like this are gold.

Leave OP alone lad, he was simply saying it's underrated.

It's the other guy who said Frozen and Zootopia are shit, which the defense force seems to have jumped on him for.

God you're a faggot.

Cuddle, grope, we're discussing shades of molestation and he did sniff her hair.

It's called a hustle, sweetheart!

>go to hell!
>where do you think I came from?

>People thought this film was good
Why? The plot was really confusing and the main character was boring.

That desert fox character was kinda sexy, though

Depp was actually fucking great. I wouldn't mind if he did more VA gigs.

But Bone Tomahawk exists.

ok but wud u fuck this lizzerd

Judy is

Confusing, how?

Oh so you agree it's ugly?

this fox have a name?

Why does this look so much worse than this? Is it the eyes? Big eyes suit Beans, but on Judy they're too jarring.

The Proposition
The Assassination of Jesse James
True Grit remake
Django Unchained
The Hateful Eight
The Revenant

naw

I want to cum inside Beans.

>The Proposition
Not as good as the originals
>The Assassination of Jesse James
A biopic is not a Western and it was okay.
>True Grit remake
The original was better
>Django Unchained
Not even a Western
>The Hateful Eight
Again, not a Western
>The Revenant
Canada is not a western.

Yes, intentionally so.
But I think Beans is ugly in a cute sorta way.

>The Proposition
>Remake

Pick one

Also all of those are still better than Rango.

Frozen is a poor example, it always looked like shit due to how badly the movie was rushed. Check out the wall beneath Anna, it's really obvious that it's a flat texture over a simple shape, they didn't bother to actually carve out grooves between the stones. Same thing with the castle in the background, it looks like something from a video game. There's also corner walls that have misaligned textures and other shit like that if you look for it.

The only reason it seemed good looking on your first watch is because the majority of the film is just plain, white, easy to render, boring ass snow. It's really hard to fuck that up.

To be fair, those snow effects were pretty good

That screenshot looks horrible. It baffles me how I ever thought it looked good

In all fairness, I'd been largely off animated movies before I watched Frozen, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

Yes. I want to see the struggle and confusion in her eyes when she starts a sentence and ends it halfway through, gagged and bound, with a dick stuffed balls deep between her rough scaly lizard lips.

How were the textures so fucking good?

I remember being bowled over by how good it looked in the theaters, and even now I don't think I've seen any other CGI movie handle textures so well.

Every single CGI movie, besides Rango, has followed Pixar's lead. Pixar, being early in the CGI scene when the technology was still primitive, made people's faces practically textureless, and instead put all the detail and gloss and shit into their eyes, because that's what people look at. They've stuck with that style because it's become "theirs", making all their humans look like untextured lumps of clay. Which is their prerogative. The problem is that everybody else has mimicked them because Hollywood absolutely fucking despises the idea of trying something new.

It would be relatively simple for every CGI movie to look as detailed as Rango; I mean, the majority of CGI work outside of animated movies looks like that already, with a focus on detail and realism. It's just that nobody wants to do it because nobody wants to mess with the formula. So they keep doing these untextured flesh coloured lumps and in turn people think that's all CGI is capable of.

>The Proposition
>remake
Um...no? In fact that movie was made because the Director wanted to make Blood Meridian but couldn't get the rights so he made a homage.

Angelique, the most pointless character in the movie.

I would fuck that fox.

Hillcoat called Blood Meridian an inspiration. That doesn't make it the "original" and The Proposition a derivative, like you seem to be implying.

>pointless character
I wouldn't say that. Sure, she has basically no characterization, personality or relevance to the story, but so what?

>like you seem to be implying.

Didn't seem like that user was implying that at all.

>"Not as good as the originals"

Meaning, The Proposition is not "original" and was made to replicate something else, which isn't true.

>lizard has boobs

for what purpose?