Star Trek

Hey everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful day/night. I'm looking for that image that often gets posted here listing all the episodes of TNG with a guide on what to watch, what to skip, and what's needed for story purposes. Care to help me out? Also Star Trek thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0092455/epdate
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Also Trek thread/type/op/
imgur.com/a/XwHGU
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"Also Trek thread"/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shades of Grey, user. It's TNG kino

star treks suck

its on my ipad id post it if i hadnt left it at my gfs house I have the ones for TOS, TNG, DS9 and voyager if this thread survives until tonight when I'm over there (were ordering pizza and watching GOT while drinking wine) I'll put it up.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs"

>it's a Worf would rather commit suicide than be a decent father and go through physio episode

Worf is so shit

Watch all of it you enormous faggot.

Don't tell him that, he can skip at least half of series 1

It's the future you chose!

>go through physio
He was completely paralysed

i can give you my opinion 1/3

TOP 10 Episode

SEASON 1

Encounter at Farpoint S01E01

The new Starship Enterprise begins her maiden voyage by uncovering the mysteries of an advanced space station. The crew's mission is threatened by an omnipotent being named Q, who puts them on trial for the crimes of all humanity.
SEASON 1 STAND OUTS

Hide and Q S01E10

Q returns to the Enterprise to tempt Commander Riker into joining the Q Continuum with the lure of Q's powers.
The Big Goodbye S01E12

A computer malfunction traps Picard, Data, Dr. Crusher, and Whalen in a Dixon Hill holodeck program set in early-20th-century Earth.
Datalore S01E13

The Enterprise crew finds a disassembled android identical to Data at the site of the Omicron Theta colony—where Data was found—which was destroyed by a life form dubbed "the Crystalline Entity." The reassembled android, Lore, brings the Crystalline Entity to the Enterprise.
11001001 S01E15

Bynars upgrade the Enterprise's computers in spacedock. Riker and Picard become distracted by a surprisingly realistic holodeck character.
Symbiosis S01E22

Picard tries to mediate a trade dispute between two neighboring planets, one of which is the sole supplier of a drug to treat the other's apparently fatal disease.
Skin of Evil S01E23

An evil, tar-like creature holds Troi hostage on an alien world. During the rescue mission, one of the Enterprise's crew is killed.
Conspiracy S01E25

The strange behavior of high-ranking officers—which earlier prompted the investigation of the crew (in "Coming of Age")—leads Picard to uncover a conspiracy within Starfleet
The Neutral Zone S01E26

A derelict satellite is found containing cryonically frozen humans from the 21st century as the Enterprise is sent to investigate the destruction of outposts near Romulan space.

0/10

TOP 10 Episodes
SEASON 2

NONE
SEASON 3

Yesterday's Enterprise" S03E15
The USS Enterprise-C arrives from the past causing a shift in reality and the return of the deceased Tasha Yar (Denise Crosby)
SEASON 4
The Best of Both Worlds 1 S03E24 + S04E01
Captain Picard is kidnapped by the Borg as they begin their invasion of Federation space.

Picard is rescued from the Borg as the Enterprise races to save Earth. Data interfaces with the half-Borg Picard and finds a way to shut down the Borg ship. Guest star Elizabeth Dennehy as Starfleet Commander Shelby.
SEASON 5

Darmok S05E012

Picard must learn to communicate with an alien captain who speaks in metaphors before a dangerous beast kills them both. Guest star Paul Winfield as Dathon.
I, Borg S05E023

The Enterprise rescues a Borg survivor, whom Geordi names 'Hugh'. Picard plans to download a destructive computer virus to Hugh so the virus will spread throughout the collective when Hugh is sent back.
The Inner Light S05E025

A space probe creates a telepathic tether to Picard and causes him to experience, in twenty-five minutes, a lifetime as a married man on a world that was destroyed a millennium ago.
Time's Arrow S05E026 / S06E01

A 500 year old artifact is uncovered on Earth: Data's severed head. The Enterprise investigates alien involvement in Earth's past and Data fulfills his destiny.

The Enterprise crew follow Data to San Francisco of the 1890s. The crew deals with Samuel Clemens and runs into Jack London while trying to find a way to prevent aliens from interfering with 19th century Earth. Guest star: Jerry Hardin as Samuel Clemens.

imdb.com/title/tt0092455/epdate

Skip anything less than 6.9

Trek fashion is so dope at times

STANDOUT EPISODES Season 2 to Season 5

SEASON 2

Elementary, Dear Data S02E03

After Lt Cmdr. Data (Brent Spiner) easily solves an ordinary Sherlock Holmes holodeck mystery, La Forge asks the computer to make a Holmes villain capable of defeating him. The resultant Professor Moriarty (Daniel Davis) soon becomes far more powerful than expected.

The Outrageous Okona S02E04

Terri Hatcher / Billy Campbell

The Enterprise is caught up in the schemes of a flamboyant space rogue on the run, while Data explores humour with the help of a holodeck comedian (Joe Piscopo).

A Matter of Honour S02E08

Commander William Riker (Jonathan Frakes) is assigned to a Klingon vessel via an officer exchange program between the Federation and the Klingon Empire.

The Measure of a Man S02E09

After Lt Cmdr. Data refuses an order from Starfleet to be dismantled for research purposes, a hearing is convened to determine if he is a legal citizen or property of the Federation.

Contagion S02E11

A dangerous alien computer virus runs rampant through the Enterprise after causing the destruction of her sister ship, the USS Yamato.

Q Who S02E16

Q (John de Lancie) flings the Enterprise 7,000 light years beyond Federation space and introduces them to the deadly Borg.

Why are Uhura and Guinan holding hands?

He still has a son with no other living relatives

>Also Star Trek thread, I guess.
Why do you love this phrase so much?
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Also Trek thread/type/op/

STANDOUTS SEASON 3
Deja Q S03E13

The Q Continuum strips Q (John De Lancie) of his powers, and dumps him aboard the Enterprise.

Who Watches the Watchers S03E04

Counselor Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) and Commander William Riker (Jonathan Frakes) must rectify the damage done when two primitives from Mintaka III catch a glimpse of a Federation observation team and eventually conclude that Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) is a god.

Booby Trap S03E06

The Enterprise falls victim to an ancient booby trap set to snare starships. While in an effort to find an escape, Lt. Geordi La Forge (LeVar Burton) finds himself falling for the holodeck's representation of an accomplished Federation engineer Dr. Leah Brahms (Susan Gibney).
Déjà Q S0313

The Q Continuum strips Q (John De Lancie) of his powers, and dumps him aboard the Enterprise.

Captain's Holiday S03E19

Captain Picard is convinced to take some much-needed shore leave on Risa but gets wrapped up in a woman's treasure hunt.

Hollow Pursuits S03E21

Lt. Reginald Barclay's (Dwight Schultz) use of the holodeck as an escape interferes with his duties. Meanwhile, the Enterprise suffers from mysterious and random malfunctions.

Bajoran workers, your attention please

STANDOUTS SEASON 4
Family S04S02

While the Enterprise is under going repairs at Earth, Captain Picard visits his brother's family in France, Lt. Worf's adoptive human parents come to see him aboard the ship, and Dr. Crusher gives her son Wesley a personal holo-recording left by his late father shortly after the boy's birth.

Brothers S04S03

Data is summoned by his creator Noonien Soong. They are joined by Data's brother, Lore.

Remember Me S04S05

After an apparent failure of a warp-field experiment, people begin to disappear from the Enterprise with only Dr. Crusher remembering that they ever existed.

Legacy S04S06

Tasha Yar's sister Ishara seeks to restore order on their conflict-ridden colony world.

Future Imperfect S04E08

Riker finds himself sixteen years in the future. His memory of the interim is erased by a dormant virus.

Final Mission S04E10

Wesley sets off on his final mission with the Enterprise accompanied by Picard. They become stranded on a desert planet.

Data's Day S04E11

Data gets dancing lessons from Dr. Crusher in preparation of Chief O'Brien's wedding as the Enterprise brings Ambassador T'Pel to the Romulans for negotiations.

Here ya go OP
One for TNG

Devil's Due S04E13

A powerful mythic figure from a millennium ago returns to enslave a planet in accordance with a contract. However, Picard is convinced she is an opportunistic charlatan. Guest star Marta DuBois as Ardra.

Clues S04E13

The crew, with the exception of Data, is rendered unconscious for 30 seconds after going through a localised wormhole. However, various clues suggest they were unconscious for an entire day.

First Contact S04E14

Riker is hospitalised during a botched pre-first contact mission. Xenophobia results in increasing hostility toward his presence.

The Nth Degree S04E19

After an encounter with an alien probe, Barclay experiences great leaps in confidence and intelligence.

Qpid S04E20

Q returns to test Picard's love for an old flame.

The Drumhead S04E21

A witchhunt ensues for suspected Romulan spies aboard the Enterprise. Guest star Jean Simmons as Rear Admiral Norah Satie.

Redemption Prt1 + S04E26 / S05E01

Worf leaves the Enterprise to fight on behalf of Gowron in a Klingon civil war. The Klingon Civil War comes to a conclusion. Data becomes a Captain

And one for DS9. Enjoy.

That guide isn't for skipping.

Here's the Official Sup Forums TNG Guide for skipping episodes.

STANDOUTS SEASON 5
"Ensign Ro" S05E02

After an attack on a Federation outpost, Picard is sent to locate a Bajoran terrorist with the help of Ensign Ro Laren.

" Disaster" S05E05

The Enterprise is without power, trapping Picard in a turbolift with three children and others in various locations. Command of the bridge falls to Counselor Troi who feels ill-prepared.

Unification S05E07+8

Spock is reported to have defected to the Romulans. Picard and Data travel to Romulus on a cloaked Klingon vessel to investigate. Spock attempts to unify the Vulcans and Romulans in peace but falls into a Romulan trap.

"A Matter of Time" S05E09

An apparent historian from the 26th century visits the Enterprise while they help a planet prevent a nuclear winter. Guest star Matt Frewer as Berlinghoff Rasmussen.

Conundrum S05E14

The crew's memories are mysteriously erased. They soon discover that they are being manipulated into taking part in a war.

Power Play S05E15

Troi, O'Brien, and Data are possessed by entities who want control of the ship.

Ethics S05E16

Worf becomes paralyzed and suicidal. Dr. Crusher, the ship's doctor, consults a risk-taking researcher to save his life.

The Outcast S05E17

Riker falls in love with an androgynous during their efforts to rescue others of the same race who were trapped in "null space".

Cause and Effect S05E18

The Enterprise becomes stuck in a time loop but the crew retain some memory of previous instances. Guest star Kelsey Grammer as Morgan Bateson.

The Perfect Mate S05E21

Picard forces himself to resist the charms of a female empathic metamorph who is sent to marry an alien leader as a peace offering. Guest star Famke Janssen as Kamala.

The Next Phase S05E25

A transporter accident traps Geordi and Ensign Ro out of phase with normal space. While the others plan their funeral, Geordi and Ro must find a way to reverse the process and save the Enterprise from destruction.

I think you could actually pull that jacket off if it was a darker color.

And that's the two that I have. If anybody has the ones for VOY and ENT, I'd love to complete my collection. Thanks.

TOP 10

SEASON 7

Parallels S07E11
Worf finds himself randomly shifting between alternate realities.

The Pegasus S07E12
Riker's former Captain boards the Enterprise to retrieve the USS Pegasus. Picard investigates the circumstances of its loss and finds that there has been a cover-up. Features Terry O'Quinn as Admiral Eric Pressman.

All Good Things... S07E25+26
Picard finds himself being transported between three time periods, thanks to Q, with a spacetime distortion that threatens to destroy reality growing larger in the past, and smaller in the future.

STANDOUTS SEASON 6

Relics S06E04

The Enterprise investigates a vessel that crashed on the surface of a Dyson sphere 75 years ago. A pattern is found in the transporter buffer which turns out to be Mr. Scott. He is released from the buffer and later agrees to return to the vessel with Geordi to help restore the logs. They become the only hope when the Enterprise is accidentally pulled inside the sphere.

Rascals S06E07
A transporter malfunction turns Picard, Keiko, Ro, and Guinan into children who become the ship's only hope when they are left aboard while the adult crew are forced to perform dangerous labor by Ferengi pirates.

A Fistful of Datas S06E08
Data's mind is connected to the ship's computer which creates unforeseen effects on the holodeck.

Chain of Command, S06E010 + 11
Captain Jellico is assigned command of the Enterprise while Picard is sent on a covert mission into Cardassian territory. Guest star: Ronny Cox as Edward Jellico.
Picard, having been captured, is tortured by a sadistic Cardassian interrogator (played by David Warner).

Ship in a Bottle S06E012
Barclay accidentally awakens Prof. Moriarty on the holodeck who uses the powers at his disposal to coerce the crew into finding a way to allow him to leave the holodeck. Guest star: Daniel Davis as Professor Moriarty.

imgur.com/a/XwHGU

What's the Heir to the Empire of Trek books?

Face of the Enemy S06E014
Deanna is involuntarily recruited to assist in the transport of Romulan defectors across the border.
Tapestry S06E015
An accident kills Picard. He finds an afterlife with Q analyzing his past choices.

Birthright S06E016+17
Worf is told on Deep Space Nine that his father is alive and is being held prisoner by the Romulans. Meanwhile an engineering experiment accidentally results in Data's first dream. Guest star: James Cromwell as Jaglom Shrek. Worf, now a prisoner, tries to teach the Klingon refugees the ways of the warrior.

Starship Mine S06E018
Thieves attempt to steal trilithium from the Enterprise during a Baryon sweep at the Remmler Array and Picard alone must thwart them.

Lessons S06E019
Picard becomes involved with a woman who is serving on the Enterprise but he must send her into a dangerous mission.

The Chase S06E020
Picard tries to solve an ancient genetic mystery uncovered by his archaeological mentor and faces stiff competition. Guest star: Norman Lloyd as Richard Galen.

Rightful Heir S06E023
Worf experiences a crisis of faith and travels to a Klingon holy site where the mythic figure Kahless returns to lead the Klingon people.

Second Chances S06E024
Riker encounters a duplicate of himself created by a transporter malfunction stranded on a planet. "Thomas" vies for Deanna's affections.

Timescape S06E025
The Enterprise is caught in temporal stasis and on the brink of destruction by a Romulan ship.

Descent S06E026 + S07S01
The crew encounter a group of Borg acting individually and Data briefly experiences emotions. Professor Stephen Hawking makes a guest appearance. The Borg are being led by Lore. Data falls under his control by being fed negative emotions.

>Hating on The Royale
I never understood this meme.

Anyway, watching TNG out of order is mostly fine. You should watch it all at some point though so you can fully appreciate the memes associated with them.

anyone has the bitchy Keiko gif? I forgot to save it?

STANDOUTS SEASON 7

Gambit S07S04/ S07S05
The Enterprise crew investigate the apparent murder of Captain Picard during an archaeological trip. Riker is kidnapped by mercenaries and finds Picard working as part of their crew.
Picard and Riker help mercenaries collect archaeological artifacts to prevent an ancient Vulcan weapon from falling into the wrong hands.

Homeward S07S13
Worf's human foster brother violates the Prime Directive to save a doomed primitive race.

Lower Decks S07S15
Junior officers buck for promotion as one of them is assigned the dangerous task of helping a Cardassian spy.

Thine Own Self S07E16
Data loses his memory after retrieving radioactive fragments on a planet's surface and endangers the humanoid settlement he encounters while Deanna studies to become a bridge officer.

Genesis S07E17
A routine medical treatment inadvertently creates a virus that begins to de-evolve the Enterprise crew while Picard and Data are on an away mission. This is the first and only episode to be directed by Gates McFadden, who plays Dr. Crusher.

Journey's End S07E20
Wesley considers his future as the Enterprise is ordered to remove Native American colonists from a planet that is about to fall under Cardassian jurisdiction. Guest stars Richard Poe as Gul Evek and Tom Jackson as Lakanta. Final appearance of Eric Menyuk as The Traveler.

Preemptive Strike S07E24
Lieutenant Ro graduates from advanced tactical training and is sent by Picard to lure Maquis terrorists into a trap. Guest star Richard Poe as Gul Evek

Thats it.

Thanks all!

There was an entire book about that 1940's holodeck episode?

>I never understood this meme.
The chart doesn't present unanimous opinions, but it does strive to present the opinions of ~most~ of the fandom.

Only in /trek/ threads can we find people who insist that (for example) "The Royale" is great or that "Darmok" and "The Inner Light" are bad.

Pahtak you did not mention me.

I'll just point out that DS9 is fully serialized and you shouldn't really skip any of it.

>Violations
>Bad

>Manhunt
>Bad

Why do you hate Betazoid episodes? They're fun

Why didn't they improve that shitty star effect? I could have done either version with Paint Shop Pro nearly 20 years ago.

Most of the first season isn't and can be skipped.

>imgur.com/a/XwHGU
I don't hate them; I didn't write that guide. I don't agree with it 100%. Plus, that guide completely writes off VOY after Threshold, and apparently there are lots of episodes in Season 3 that are quite good. I might take a shot at writing my own guide like that one day, but that's a shit ton of effort.

i loved royale, it was the first star trek episode I saw in fact when I was just a wee lad watching peasant vision at my parents house. its fun and relaxed

>no other living relatives
There's his Uncle Kurn, and Worf's adoptive parents.

Kurn was a sexual predator, the boy would have been raped to death

Eh. Season 1 is admittedly slow and boring at times, but it's also a lot of set up and develops characters and alien cultures etc. I woudn't skip on a first watch.

You have to put quotes wrong it, that's searching for posts which contain "also", "trek" and "thread"

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"Also Trek thread"/type/op/

The guide is definitely wrong on The Royale. It's a very fun, day-in-the-life kind of episode for Data, Riker and Worf. I still catch it on re-watches.

Not even Move Along Home?

Captain. I...

This episode and the Mpreg episode of ENT are god tier.

Move Along Home is pretty comfy desu. I'd much rather skip something like "If Wishes Were Horses"

imgur.com/a/XwHGU
here is a link to all guides

"Lieutenant, if the next words out of your mouth are about phasers, photon torpedo or raising shields, I'm going to order Commander Data to give your ridged Klingon arsehole a full spread of tactical android cock"

>be a bajoran worker
>fail to pay attention

>hmmf. Noted. Sir.

Was she just a beard?

>Lower Decks
>great
fucking trolls

why are cardassians so cucked? They're suppose to be a noble race and yet they fuck up at every turn

Because Dukat was a cuck.

cardassians weren't portrayed as a noble race they were portrayed as smug bureaucratic fascists obsessed with rank and power.

this is why all those damn spoonheads must be stopped

>Allamaraine

More like Allahu Ackbar, that episode should be bombed out of existence

>invisible man higher than catch 22
>camus higher than faulker

user you dingus

the fuck is going on there?

LE FUNNY KIKELIENS

So skip first 2 seasons then coast til s4e7?

No you jackass, watch the recommended episodes from the first 2 seasons. There are some very good ones, they're just in the minority.

>mfw we avoided that timeline by electing Trump

>we will never have cool balls
the future is doomed

>huehuehue i REPORT yuo gib latinum plox

Because the Federation forced them into submission.

>You: So friend, who was your favorite Deep Space Nine character?

>Your Friend: Hmm, I'm not sure there were so many great ones....

>Your Friend: But I can tell you my least favorite character for sure was that Ferengi, Quark.

What do you do in this situation?

Is there a shower scene in EVERY episode of ENT?

Set phasers to kill

(You)

I want to disagree but Profit and Lace was so bad it retroactively made me hate all Ferengi.

>Old Phaser kill settings: Nightmarish skin burning off and screaming before skeleton vanishes
>Phaser kill settings now: Sparks and character hit flails before falling over
What happened?

Wasting money on death animations is dumb, and also not ever phaser setting is the same. Most of the time it's just set to stun.

It IS a defensive weapon you know.

And you could also make the argument they made it less destructive and tortuous.

>Nightmarish skin burning off and screaming before skeleton vanishes
That was only fucked up alien molecular disruptors or when shooting parasite riddled commanders in the david lynch episode.

>>The Outrageous Okona S02E04
Nigger you joshing?

>there was unironically a TNG episode in which some of the highest branched admirals of the Federation were infested with genocidal parasites
>this somehow barely affected Federation operations (although they lost a few ships, rip holland)

God seasons 1&2 were a mess.

Captain Terrell's death isn't quite that graphic but he does scream as he disintegrates.

That's just specific episodes, weird phasers are usually seen only on alien races, Federation ones have the settings to either stun, kill, disintegrate or the maximum one where the phaser explodes.

Still it was quite quick, and while gruesome it didn't leave a skeleton or a exploding mess, I always imagine maximum setting phasers killing in that exact manner.

>the maximum one where the phaser explodes.

I thought that only happened if you locked the cycle. Like putting a cork at the end of a rifle like they did in those old cartoons. I didn't think that was an actual setting.

Yeah, well, but it can be considered the maximum, I mean it was basically like a disintegrating bomb, whenever they did that they'd rush out of the room as fast as possible.

Imagine mistaking the stun setting for the maximum bomb setting. Seems like a pretty small margin of error with that tiny little layout. Fucking minimalists.

Ack Ack Ack

>this somehow barely affected Federation operations

They actually were significantly affecting Starfleet operations, but in such a subtle way that no one was supposed to notice. They were only an advance party to a full invasion, they weren't trying to draw attention to themselves until they were good & ready. If Walker Keel hadn't become suspicious of his XO & CMO, it might never have been discovered.

But I mean even in the immediate, you would figure the subtleties of the aliens would include detailed attempts at hamstringing the federation, like trade and infrastructure suddenly going to shit.

>my face when I see your dumb contrarianism

Bajor was a shitty planet with a ridiculously hostile people and a horrible educational background.

Literally more useful in Cardassian interment camps than they ever were as an individual people.

Kira don't @ me

ENT sucks it's the true-true

basically

though apparently they had space sailboats.