Cyborg instead of Manhunter for Justice League movie

>Cyborg instead of Manhunter for Justice League movie

FUCKING WHY

#diversity

It's because he's part-robot

Because they want a black super and Geoff Johns will only let Hal Jordan be on the team so they kicked Manhunter off to make room

the fuck is more diverse than aliens?

It's not like J'onn is a much deeper character than Cyborg

J'onn is just "my extinct race"
Cyborg is "my humanity"

At least you get a black character with Cyborg.

David Goyer.

Half a black man is worth more than a whole green one.

The whole martian thing is extra retard

Because Geoff Johns convinced WB that Cyborg was popular so they wouldn't use John Stewart because MUH HAL!!!

Because Manhunter is a jobbing piece of shit and if he was ever EVER fucking written to the best of his ability he would make the entire league irrelevant

The green fuck can't even use his telepathy without knocking himself out because writers are so shit scared of making Superman and Batman look pointless. What good are detective skills when we have a nigga that can literally READ THE MIND OF EVERYBODY ON THE PLANET AT ONCE!

Fucking manhunter...

>Justice League after-credits scene
>Takes place RIGHT after the final battle
>All the characters are just sitting around, dirty, bruised, and out of breath
>Surrounded by defeated Parademons
>Camera pans to Cyborg
>"Let's hit the showers!"

Is it just funny to me how Martian Manhunter is sorta left out since he's not black, yet they could easily have a black guy portraying him under the costume or CGI?

To be honest, I don't think that's the ONLY reason why he's left out. You have to remember that he's basically Superman and Supes had phasing/intangibility powers, mindfucking powers, and shapeshifting powers. He's fucking OP. Cyborg replacing him means that it's less of a headache to write the fights. It's bad enough that Flash is in there and inevitably gets tagged even though he's fast enough to run around the world within a picosecond. Then you got Manhunter that's basically Superman-tier in strength, with hax abilities.

kill yourself

You guys sound so dumb considering Hal isn't even gonna be in the movie.

Persons of colour

Superman is an alien.

Fucking virgins. You guys don't know what the fuck you want. We, the big shots, at Hollywood do.

Normies will crucify him as a vision rip-off

MM is OP. He probably the second most powerful League member next to Flash.

Stupid question, Anons.
Any reason they can't cast a black guy as J'onn for his "human" form?

Because it doesn't actually count as a black guy.

It would be racist:

"What? A black man can't be part of this team unless he is a robot or a fucking green alien? Fucking Hollywood, nigga. Making a pair of brothas, freaks"

>love J'onn from the JL animated series, his Ostrander run and his fantastic role in The New Frontier
>love Cyborg from NTT, the 2000 Titans and the TT animated series
>J'onn is mistreated and ignored by people like Goyer and he's constantly denied the recognition he deserves
>Cyborg has been sort of shoehorned into stuff lately and now he's dismissed as "muh diversity" by some fans

There is nothing about this juxtaposition that doesn't upset me.

Illegal aliens

Is anyone bitching about the casting in Supergirl to any great degree?

No, but he gets more screentime in his human form.

except you could EASILY cast an african american actor as Jonn's human disguise. shit you can cast fucking anyone as Jonn's human disguise, because it's a fucking disguise.

op is a virgin

Because the Martian manhunt is too overpowered and jobs alot. I would rather have cyborg than walking telepathy anyday.

Muh original 7

No, its done. We dont need two supermen. Get over it.

queers

This should have been the first post. This is literally the reason. Goyer actually said that Martian Manhunter is too esoteric for normies.

>Is it just funny to me how Martian Manhunter is sorta left out since he's not black, yet they could easily have a black guy portraying him under the costume or CGI?

Yeah, that would seem to be an easy way to do it. Like, the reason "make John Jones black" might not count as diversity in the comics is that there isn't a real black guy on the team, just some alien pretending to me. But in a movie, it'd be different, because the actor actually playing the character is a real black person, so the cast can actually be said to be diverse in a more meaningful way.

But I think it's about a little more than diversity. I think part of it was just Geoff Johns sticking one of his favourite characters on the team. You know, every fanboy has their fanfiction headcanon, and writers are just fanboys that got hired. I think Johns replaced MM with Cyborg mostly because he likes the character better.

There are the issues with MM being similar to Superman, but the League isn't like the X-Men, who were created to be a team and don't step on each other's niches too much. JL is an all-star team of characters created by completely different people. It's less about everybody having different powers, and more about everybody coming from different worlds and backdrops and all that shit meshing together in the coolest ways. Like, you got a sci-fi space cop, the king of Atlantis, a noirish detective guy/ninja, all on the same team. It's like, how cool is that? Doesn't matter that some of the characters can do some of the things that other characters can (the Flash literally just has one of Superman's many powers, but just uses it really well), it's more about the personalities.

Just to annoy you.

Unfortunately, I can see SJW's getting up in arms because "they're equating minorities to aliens" or something

King Piccolo?

>JL is an all-star team of characters

Exactly, so wtf is a no name like Martian Manhunter doing there?

john isn't actually all caught up in his racial identity because he loves humanity, and simply wants to learn more about it.
And chocos.

Manual reminder that the lead writer of these movies thinks that only virgins and faggots like Martian Manhunter.

He can be defeated by fire. The fuck good is he? Half the equation needed for his weakness is literally the stuff we breathe.

So can Batman but no one seems to care.

Because Manhunter for the sequel is better.

And yet they won't put Hal or any green lantern in the film, or even put J'onn in as a filler member.

Early promos for the movie said "United the 7", not 6. Hal will show up either at the end of Part 1 or the beginning of Part 2.

they almost always do make him black. or make him sound black

I can see SJW's getting up in arms because of literally anything.

>might not count as diversity in the comics is that there isn't a real black guy on the team, just some alien pretending to me.
Eh, Icon gets counted, and he's the least black of all fake-black alien heroes

as for MM being OP, all you have to do is power him down a bit. fans love when you do that. Leave the crazy phasing powers and psychic shit, but take his speed and strength down to spider-man tier. Make the shapeshifting a bit limited, kind of slow to extend bits out, and take a lot out of him.

a WHITE alien, mind you

>john isn't actually all caught up in his racial identity
His origin is literally a race war between the Green and White martians with White martians winning since they are "genetically predisposed" to being evil. Except for Miss Martian, the only good White martian.

>Early promos
>promos
>s
The only thing that ever said "Unite the 7" was the ONE Aquaman picture they released, what 2 years ago? And a lot of people think it could just be referring to the seven seas.

Hell, maybe it was referring to GL. In the Dawn of Justice League CW special they specifically mentioned Green Lantern as being vital to the Justice League when talking about the movie lineup. But they haven't shown him or discussed him at all otherwise.

I would love if he showed up as a surprise.

>Cyborg is black
>Martian Manhunter is not.
Glad I could help, user.
Aliens aren't real.

>No Green Lantern in the Justice League

he's a jewish alien. he even has a hebrew name

>MM in JL
>Vision from Civil War 2.0
Yeah, that's good idea....

Justice League looks like a fanboy movie from youtube.

Imagine having to write him in a way where he has to be nerfed every issue. When he was part of Authority he could mind wipe all the GLs and leave Oa unnoticed.

>No Ant-Man or Wasp in the Avengers

black people

>>JL is an all-star team of characters
>
>Exactly, so wtf is a no name like Cyborg doing there?

manhunter is for virgins
cyborg is for men

Wait, is that asshole still writing these?
I thought he was gone after BvS

too powerful, I dont mind cyborg, I think John Stewart should have been put in instead of aquaman though

In the MCU they nerfed Thor to have Hulk at their "the guy you need to remove from the plot in the first half of the movie to explain why the bad guys last for more than 3 seconds". In the DCU this role is for Superman so instead of nerfing Manhunter they choosed Cyborg.

My headcanon was always that Martians are a single shapeshifting species, with Green and White being two factions/ideologies.

Tell me this isn't better than 'muh ebil race'

fuck both of you, I'm still salty as fuck about both

>muh 2 supermen
just go the fucking JL/JLU route and nerf his powerset

From wikipedia:
>For the animated series, executive producer Bruce Timm revised and reduced J'onn's powers somewhat. His superstrength was downplayed (though he was still seen performing great feats of strength on occasion); his superspeed, invisibility and Martian Vision are not present; and emphasis was placed on his telepathy, shapeshifting and density alteration, specifically his ability to become intangible.

They'd have a point that the only black character isn't even black.

I'd argue that having the classic lineup is far more important than muh representation, but this is Hollywood, where executives will say if there isn't a chick and a brother on the team then women and black people won't see the movie. Why do you think every action movie has a female love interest and a black partner, neither of whom anyone gives a shit about? It's a rule that goes back decades.

And this is why movies will never be as good as the comics, they all have to be made with the lowest common denominator as the target. They don't want JUST everyone who likes action movies to come see it, they want everyone who DOESN'T like action movies to see it too.

Your headcanon doesn't make for very interesting stories.

It isnt, is complete shit.

I think the point is JL is trying to keep their main six Earth natives.

>But Superman Hurr

underrated post

Cool Lucio pic. Got a Winston one?

They wanted a black guy on the league but johns is a halfag and there was no way in hell they were going to have 2 lanterns on the league.

Come rebirth we do have 2 lanterns on the league if they had been willing to do that in the new 52 this whole shitshow could have been avoided.

That was an aquaman promo
I think it refers to either the others or the artifacts they use.

Dident manhunter use to be a lot less op.
Just take him back to that

>shit you can cast fucking anyone as Jonn's human disguise, because it's a fucking disguise.
Have you seen the shitstorm over ScarJo being the Major in the Ghost in the Shell movie?
It would be even worse.

Token Black

What sounds better?
"Once you go black, you never come back!"
or
"Once you go green, you never come back!
The rhymes, son! The rhymes and the black quote.

Once you go Green you'll forever be keen.

Having J'onn around without gimping him super hard would immediately make the entire rest of the team irrelevant. It's the same reason why Vision was benched or otherwise not around for most of AoU.

If they'd gone with Martian Manhunter we'd only have had to watch him jobbing on the silver screen. It's better this way.

Not much, but try telling the beef goblins the following sentence:

"There's only two all-white members of the Justice League so far, because Superman is full kryptonian, Wonder Woman is Amazonian and therefore Greek, Aquaman is half-Atlantean, and Cyborg is black, leaving Batman and Flash the only two completely white characters."

I say that you should tell the SJWs that because the ensuing shitstorm will be the best thing you experience all year

Blame this

They have to at the very least acknowledge that Gadot is middle eastern, Mamoa is Samoan, and Miller is Jewish.

They have to, right?

I wasn't super happy with it until he turned out to not be Cyborg Superman.

No, blame the Superfriends, becaise Cyborg was on that team in the last season, because he got a toy in the DC Superpowers toyline.

cause america hates illegal aliens
>Hal Jordan
riiiiiight, like that will happen

uh...Gamora?

Honestly they should just fuse them into one character at this point, then we could have bits of Victor Stone held together/replaced by J'onn. Without J'onn bonded to him he's not a pretty sight.

And how many people complained about black Nick Fury, or black Heimdall?

It's only casting white people in previously non-white roles that people care about.

What about gamora?

You think doing what they say is your friend. You merely adopted social justice. I was born in it... molded by it. I didn't get triggered until I was already a man!

just cast a black actor as anyone else

To piss you off, op

the butthurt over blackdall resounded for weeks

But then it's just an alien playing at being black, not an actual black person. Unless it's an American black person who grew up with muh racism and mu ghetto then it doesn't count.

Don't worry Sup Forums
It is I, Martian Manhunter
I will use my mind reading abilities to find out why I'm not in the movie.
AAAHHHHHGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Annnnnnnnnd thats why he's not in the movie. You can't 'balance' Jonn.