CGI from 1993 is still the best we have ever seen

>CGI from 1993 is still the best we have ever seen

How?

>CGI from 2006 is still the best we have ever seen

How?

While it's certainly incredible for its time and still (mostly) holds up there are a plethora of films the surpass it.

Take, for example, Warcraft, it's cgi is mind bending. You really believe orcs have invaded earth, the level of detail and mastery present in modern cgi is miles ahead of anything done in Jurassic park.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No faggot

Because night and rain make things look more realistic. Also, there is a lot more practical creatures in this movie than you might think. The kitchen raptors were practical. The T-rex head and feet are practical on close ups.
Today, everything is full CGi thrown at your face in broad daylight and creatures that are supposed to be weighing tons and tons can move like a squirrel

the new planet of the apes was pretty great

Weren't both half puppet and half cgi?

So you see any puppetry or animatronic shit in OP's pic?

Jones was motion capture, the t-rex was part animatronic in some scenes (not the one in OPs pic though)

Some of the small tentacles on the right side stand out really badly.

Jurassic Park 3 perfected it
Don't know why people still use the first one as thebone with better cgi/animatronics

This and the orangutan

>CGI from 2017 is now the best we have ever seen

How?

>CGI from 2002 is still the best we have ever seen
How?

>cgi from 1994 is still the best
how?

Take off those nostalgia glasses

Come again, op?

yeah war for the planet of the apes shits on literally everything ever so far, i was trying to see if they were using puppets at points it looked that real

Are you sure that's CGI? It looks real.

>unironically saying nostalgia glasses/goggles

sup reddit

the rain hides the imperfections

yes and that's the secret
instead of making the CGI animation department guess the texture and lighting of things they should still use the filming in puppet style but delete the animators off the movie afterwards. kind of like bunraku

>unironically using sup

hello facebook

>using hello
twitter get out

Cuz Steven used all CGI efforts on pinpoint where he thought it works best. The rest is history, user.

>How?
Spared no expense.

>You really believe orcs have invaded earth
I did until I saw them next to non-cgi, non-popeye armed humans.

the apes series can't afford to fuck up their cgi

This isn't even remotely related to nostalgia.

>Using a greeting at all
Fuck off, nerd.

confuses me as well

It really was. My only complaint was the apes seemed a little, for lack of a better word, "weightless" at times, especially on horseback for some reason. Maybe that's just me, though.

As far as detial, mocap, and rendering go, it was absolutely amazing.

There is not a single pixel of Davy Jones that is not CG.

I can affirm that literally everything else in the movie looks just as good as this. Maurice was mesmerizingly realistic.

The fuck is the bottom one?

Try not posting a blurry, compressed piece of shit next time

The Future You Chose.

His face looks like a bum.

shit cgi artists forget to match the lighting
that deer in the walking dead would have been fine but the lighting/shadow was way too light and made it look awful.
check out oats studios Zygote for a lesson on cgi done right

>luxury cars from the 90's still better than a today's economy cars

Practical effects > CGI.

They definitely showed her off the most with all those closeups. Though in all 3 Maurice was the better looking one

They look good...for a CG movie. Live Action completely ruined Warcraft

Man, I fucking loved Detroit.