Would you watch a new Ghostbusters cartoon, Sup Forums?

Would you watch a new Ghostbusters cartoon, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbfmC7_CdK4
youtu.be/fW2YU3ce-_Y
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=ghostbusters2016.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is she licking her instruments? Is she retarded?

No

Only if we get tongue fetishism in every episode from the goggles one.

She's a turbodyke

so yes

Maybe, if actual effort was put into it. A continuation of Extreme Ghostbusters could potentially be neat as well.

But the Ecto Force thing coming in 2018? I'll pass.

Yes, she pretty much is.

>implying Sony has the budget for a Ghostbusters cartoon

>Zarya, Ana, Mercy, and Mei

What madman gave that gorilla a proton pack?

2D Kristen Wiig is freaking me out and I don;t know why.

And when did Leslie Jones turn into a thinner Queen Latifah?

I'm gonna say... no

The style is doing Jones and McCarthy a lot of favors here. Leslie Jones is a horrifically unattractive woman.

But at least it looks like McCarthy, albeit younger.

Jones literally looks like a different person here.

Original Ghostbuster cast:
>The smart one with no social skills.
>The enthusiastic one with a large heart.
>The scam artist who loves to fuck.
>The everyman who serves as a way for the everyday people to relate to their heroes.

The new Ghostbusters:

>The wacky one
>The wacky one
>The wacky one
>The blacky one.

So how is the movie doing in the box office?

If they can somehow cover different ground than the original or Extreme then FUCK YES.

Maybe do like the MiB cartoon and have them adventure all over the place.

Turning a profit.

Not busting any blocks, but it's still making money and it just released in Japan.

It's a flop.

>Turning a profit.
Hahahahahahaha

Man, Mercenary Kings was a great game.

>Even worse, they think they can make a fortunate with this

Budget was a 140 something, it's made over 150 something and still going, so yeah.

Then again, I'm posting in an obvious troll thread.

No.

So you haven't seen the new one then?

Since they focus more on SCIENCE than business, maybe put in some weird kind Bill Nye type lessons in each episode. It'd be neat!

Honestly.........I would totally watch a cartoon based on the reboot Ghostbusters.

It finally made back it's budget

Where do you think you are?

Okay let me put this in a comparison that would be easier for you to understand

Green Lantern was a movie that was also supposed to start a cinematic universe. It had a higher budget than Ghostbusters at 200 mil. It rounded out at 219 mil. With your logic that should have been enough to keep it going instead of it being misaligned by the studio

Oh but let's just ignore that Feig himself said that he needed the movie to do 500 mil to justify the whole thing and future Ghostbusters cinematic universe they were planning, he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about

Yeah, keep the director and writers from the movie away and I'll give the characters/cast another chance

Retarded and horny, yes.

I'm incredulous. Wasn't it less than halfway there going into the weekend?

>Fantastic Animated Series based on a shitty movie

youtube.com/watch?v=EbfmC7_CdK4

I'd love it.

I would.

But not with that cast.

That's nice. All I said is that it has surpassed its budget.

go, go, Ghostbusters!

>The wacky one
>The wacky one
>The dykey one
>The blacky one
fixed

That's no fair, Leslie Jones is the Ernie Hudson every man of the cast. She's the only one that seems to actually react to ghosts as if they were, you know, supernatural and strange

The other three are dead one

But they have money for amazing after effects

youtu.be/fW2YU3ce-_Y

The new Ghostbusters:

>The sassy black
>The thirsty nerd
>The wacky lesbian
>The fat bitch

You forgot cinemas take half of that, and there's also 100mil of marketing budget. The director himself said the movie needed to make 500mil to turn a profit.

You said it turned a profit, which it didn't.

That's not fair either, Leslie Jones was actually in most of the movie and had a personality as opposed to being an extra in the movie only left in the script because they'd already hired him before the rewrite.

According to whom? IMDB is reporting its gross as 106 as of Friday, it would've needed to pull in almost as much this weekend as it did in its opening weekend to do that.

The site which records the box offices. It has mojo in the title.

Can you solve the mystery?

Oh, I'm sorry.

>The lesbian.

Such deep characters.

I feel like animation is the only way you could do the "nu ghostbusters" when in reality those actresses are stupid as fuck and ugly as sin.

You make the cast likable by removing their humanity.

While I agree that Lessie Jones was the best in the film (which isn't saying much). She is nowhere close to Winston.

The artist for that game also did the art for a few gravity falls episodes.

128.2 million in box office, 144 million budget

You mean the website that's reporting the exact same thing? That website?

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=ghostbusters2016.htm

gross: $158,271,471

>of income, profit, or interest) without deduction of tax or other contributions
>Not counting money for distribution, marketing and other.

even the director himself it needs $500M to greenlit a sequel

You said
>Turning a profit.

$155 Million Box Office according to google at least.

It was no where near as much as what they were expecting but they did make up the budget they had for the movie at around $148 Million spent.

106+52

>ugly as sin
I think Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon are attractive

You realize just because the gross is higher than than the projected budget (that doesn't include marketing on that note) that doesn't mean "Wow instant success" right? See example here

>counting international receipts
What are you, Jews?

>implying Winston didn't have a personality

It's a testament to Hudon as an actor that he was so memorable despite having so little screen-time.

>tfw everyone in the cast still resented him for not being Eddie Murphy in the sequel so instead of giving him more screen-time they made fucking Lewis Tully a Ghostbuster

I'm still mad.

> those actresses are stupid as fuck and ugly as sin.

I don't get this argument. It's not like the original Ghostbusters crew was filled with attractive people either. Why is everyone so obsessed with the new crew being plain?

It's true what they say, Sup Forums is home to the most thin skinned and easily triggered babies on the internet.

If the animation looked like this, sure.

Since you need your hand held...

You're not adding domestic and foreign together.

How do you figure?

>Why is everyone so obsessed with the new crew being plain?
Because undisguised misogyny.

You know why they're counted separately, right?

Holy fuck that's smooth.

Until the thing happens, that is.

They spent 144 million on the movie in the first place. They have the money. But throwing money at a problem isn't going to fix that.

>Why is everyone so obsessed with the new crew being plain?

Because they decided to go overboard with personality traits rather than appearance. Plain and "fat black woman stereotype" is really horrible to sit and watch. Plain and turbo-dyke is horrible to sit and deal with.

You either tone down their characters or make them semi attractive.

>I don't get this argument. It's not like the original Ghostbusters crew was filled with attractive people either. Why is everyone so obsessed with the new crew being plain?

The original Ghostbusters had charisma to make up for it. (That said, nerd bitches do love Egon)

So far no one has claimed the 2016 movie "ruined their childhood" here. I'm sure the IMDb forums are way worse

the concept of a horny alt person being the smartest is kinda fun. Like it'd be a great switch in a real sequel about new guys and gals taking on the role

>Retarded and horny, yes.

Also called being a lesbian.

Nerd bitch, here. Can attest. I really dig that large cranium of his. And his epididymis..

Haha funny

I wouldn't say it's ruined MY childhood...but I would say I feel pretty bad for any current children who have THIS version of Ghostbusters as role models. I hope their parents are exposing them to the original before or afterward.

I genuinely liked the new GB more than the original
Is GB 2 any better?

Honestly, if the cartoon had this style, I'd be hype.
They all look pretty cute.

>They have the money
Apparently every division of Sony except the Playstation is losing money right now

I wouldn't mind one so long as Feig isn't involved.

GotG is the new Ghostbusters. This is just one of those movies you don't care about as a kid

>OP is a faggot making a bait thread
>everybody ignores the bait and just talks about the subject normally
>the one retard that comes by
>doesn't even read the damn thread
>goes around screaming "STOP GETTING TRIGGERED" or some shit

every fucking time

Thank you friend!

I call it The Nimoy Effect.

In preproduction, Egon was even concieved as "Spock but Nu-Wave"

She's the le random girl, she's the most cringy character in the movie

She's not retarded, just a wacky Jim Carrey-style improv actor given no actual character notes.

The new Ghostbusters movie was almost all improv which basically meant none of the characters were at all consistent. They have specific beats where they act like real characters from a script then they immediately go back to improv and it all dissolves.

Sony is desperate for a hit but I doubt the movie is going to be lucrative enough to warrant a show. It exists to sell merchandise and keep the Ghostbusters rights in Sony's hands.

RIP Harold Ramis, I'm glad you weren't alive to see this.

Plus, Chris Hemworth in that style.

Not the same user i seen the movie and is the most cringiest shit i ever seen. Where the 144m go?

No, but that art isn't bad

>ruined their childhood

This argument is so fucking stupid. No one has come into my house and destroyed my copies of Ghostbusters, Robocop, Total Recall, etc just because people shit out new versions of these films.

>but I would say I feel pretty bad for any current children who have THIS version of Ghostbusters as role models

Do kids even care about Ghostbusters at this point?

This was clearly made for adults, you don't get the guy who made Bridesmaids and Spy for an all-ages movie.

>and Kate McKinnon are attractive
Yeah, i like her, but she likes vaginas.

>500 mil
Maybe it wouldn't have needed 500 mil if they hadn't wasted a shitload of budget on a pointless action shlock ghost fight at the end.

I would've maybe enjoyed the climax of the movie if they had actually shown the dance number instead of the big CGI ghost fight.

>Is GB 2 any better?
GB2 is literally the same story as the first movie.

The budget is 144M without marketing the movie have made worldwide 105M after 3 week, next week is suicide squad how is that a profit user, they are losing money

Y'know all those neon people from the Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion they filled the movie with?

That's where the 144m went.

A: you're lying for (you)'s or you just have horrible taste and I hope you step on a lego.
B: GB 2 is a solid movie that gets a lot of shit for having the nerve to follow up a classic. If you liked GB1 you'll like 2.

Of course Feig doesn't know what he's talking about. Just look at what he tried to pass off as Ghostbusters.

>This is just one of those movies you don't care about as a kid

It's one of those movies that's just going to be forgotten. Like the remakes for Robocop, Total Recall, the upcoming Ben-Hur remake, etc.

To McCarthy and Feige's pay check

>Unironically defending Feig's abortion
The movie was shit, dude. You can't shill hard enough to make any of this change.

The movie was fucking garbage.

Go watch some Adam Sandler movies, you'll love them.