Thoughts on this movie? I liked it

thoughts on this movie? I liked it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6hud66BbFnI
youtube.com/watch?v=lDvVBUPtWO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i really liked it at the time

on rewatching now CGI looks super dated

The mix of CGI and 2d animation looked awkward even when the movie first launched.

This fucking movie omfg. I was like 8 years old when it came out and it was ALL ABOUT THIS SHIT! I watched it like 10 times a week, I had a fucking dredge action figure and I would carry it everywhere and I'd be like, "Bitch can't fuck wit' me and Dredgie" like, you don't even know. When my dog ate the toy I cried for 2 days straight. My mom tried to buy me a new one but they just had stith. It was never the same :(

RIPerinno in Dredgerino.

Treasure Planet also i think had that awkward CGI

but Atlantis which i think was around that same had a much better mixing of CGI and hand-drawn stuff

the CG at the is dated because they ran out of money at the end and had to rush it.

There should have been much more talking and much fewer space action setpieces.

I had the same figure, I'm sorry for your loss user
Restinni in pepperonni

ugly art style

My brother snuck me out of the house so we could watch it in a theater. It'll always have a spot in my heart, even if it isn't all that good.

WILL YOU TAKE ME HIGHER?

That's literally the only thing I remember about this movie as a kid, and it isn't even part of the official soundtrack.

ITS MY TI-IME TO FLY! FATHER BE WITH ME TONIGHT!

Too little time for too much story. Also, they needed tone down the silliness.

The only kid's movie you can see someone straight up snap a dude's neck and toss him to the side like a piece of trash.

Would have worked better as a series.

Yeah, I agree.

>Watch more than ten years after it came out as an adult
>Still chuckle at naming it "Planet Bob"
>Realize his father's name was Robert
>Wipe away manly tear

Still like it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I'M RIGHT ON TARGET

What an interesting coincidence. Just yesterday I watched the first part of it (for the ?th time). Will finish it right now.

The DVD release is just perfect (though that is not Blu-Ray)

You think that's bad? I literally finished watching it for the first time an hour ago, then I come to Sup Forums and see this.

I demand all of you stop stealing my thoughts!

Akima is a good girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=6hud66BbFnI

And speaking of the directors, their new project is going well. Even without full funding, they still are doing some test stuff already:
youtube.com/watch?v=lDvVBUPtWO4
(skip to 3:30 if impatient)

Holy fuck Don Bluth is still alive?

Not all artists die young. Don"The Mormon"Bluth is still in good health and shape. Richard Williams is even older.

Can't have kid's movies on theaters without silly.

A COSMIC CASTAWAY EE-YEAH

A COSMIC CASTAWAAAAAAAY

>user did not like the keks

I remember enjoying the movie. It had a few moments where it made me feel weird (like uncomfortable because of the jokes, or the two main character's relationship, or the awkward dialouge, etc), but for the most part the movie was a neat step in to futuristic space travel. If it did anything right, it was develop an expansive comfy universe.

Heavy Metal 2000 for kids.

>Don"The Mormon"Bluth
I keep forgetting that Don Bluth is still alive. I thought he croaked back in the early 2000s.

This

TO A PLACE WHERE BLIND MEN SEE?

Fuck you, and fuck not-alice in chains #5

Some men are just born with good health and a fiery spirit.

how was it from such fresh perspective?
i've never seen it but always wanted to

Watching anything for the first time is a "fresh perspective".

This was the last good!movie by Don and Gary that I watched, sometime around 2009. I heard from many video reviews that the movie is full of plot holes. So, I was like "Okay movie, show me your plot holes! I am not afraid!" To my surprise, there weren't any. Some plot things are explained all too briefly, and some things are only suggested without stated outright, but there were no contradictions or impossibilities (what plot holes actually are).

I've always thought Kimberly was his hottest woman. Too bad people prefer Daphne...

I was very fond of it growing up. Never saw Star Wars, but Titan AE instead was what sparked my space fantasies. I'm too scared to rewatch it now, afraid that it doesn't live up to nostalgia.

It won't live to childhood.

It was OK. A little predictable and I was irked the villain's motivations never went past "they're afraid of what we might do", but it was entertaining for a single sitting. I feel like they could've done a lot more with the worldbuilding... it felt like they wanted to do much more in general but didn't have a budget.

I remember my friend at my time becoming my girlfriend shortly after I took her to this movie.

I still holds a place in my heart, especially the ending when "not quite paradise" by bliss 66 starts playing, and the 12 years later scene where he's cutting apart the ships to cosmic castaway.

tldr : prettygud/10

It's only problem is having a very large scale story condensed to 80 minutes only. People complain it's too short. I think it's mostly fine, but that is my OPINION.

A race of aliens that managed to convert themselves into "pure energy" were afraid pf humans after we invented new energy-bending technology? No way!

>Bliss 66
The band broke apart only a few years after conception. I bought their 2nd (self-published) CD from the ex-members this year when there were almost no copies left.

They reformed into Paper Street Saints for 2 more albums, and then reformed AGAIN into Half Life Music (mostly the same type of middle american rock, but REALLY with Jesus this time).

Electrasy died after 3 albums, Splashdown was screwed by the label and died in 2002, THE URGE IS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING ASS WITH SKA ALT METAL.

I can't be the only one who thought it would be better suited as a tv series.

Well, it was conceived as a movie from the beginning (live action movie though, and likely longer)

i imagine a firefly like show about a galactic treasure hunt to find the lost titan ship with each episode being a new planned where a new piece of the map needs to be recovered.
relatively the same story beats but with more time to develop crews relationships making the betrayal more important and driving home that message about unity and belonging a bit harder.

>Hornless, non-ska influenced version of the The Urge

Still managed to be the best band on the soundtrack despite being crippled.

The idea was better than the film they ended up making from that idea.

I wish people would make more sci fi like this. For all its problems its one of the few major productions involving interstellar/space faring adventure that isn't fucking star trek/wars.

Being scifi kid is suffering.