/doag/, Mike keeps creepy files edition

Another day, another drama.

and yet, narrative wise, still a better person then Mary.

technically every assholish thing hes done in doa has come out positive for the "victims"

also if he gets danny and ethan to finally fuck hes a hero no matter how many people he stalks

I always hated Mike. Even back in Shortpacked. Couldn't stand te tryhard.
>But that's dah joke, you're suppose to hate him.
Don't care. And still never found him interesting.

Also couldn't stand the Bunny from Sluggy Freelance.

Y'know, somehow this is going to be treated as quirky and endearing, like how Becky is a lesbian.

And yet Mary is the evil one.

Hell, the long implication here is that Mike knew Carla was a tranny, and may have been the one to tell Mary.

Oh, Bun-Bun is easily the worst part of Sluggy Freelance.

>Hell, the long implication here is that Mike knew Carla was a tranny, and may have been the one to tell Mary.
I really hope that's true.

>Keeping files on people.
Smart man.

Even without the bunny, Sluggy is still pretty mean-spirited and needlessly cruel.

What if pairing Ethan and Danny is Mike's way of clearing the path to Amber?

I don't think we had a thread with the issue before this one if I'm not mistaken.

Is Mike CIA?

Ruth/Billie is finished. Dina/Becky/Joyce drama is being set up right now alongside this.

All this is making me think that DoA Mike isn't an asshole, he's Dina except his obsession is interpersonal relationships instead of dinosaurs.

Mike remembers the old universe. He recognizes the patterns but lacks the new history and context. He's going to save her from herself. He's going to save all of them.

>Mike remembers the old universe and continues to hate everyone
>He remembers all past universes.
>But he cannot escape from these horrible people.

So would Mike be like a wry sardonic Kaworu? He recognizes that the universe keeps resetting, and tries to maneuver things until things pan out right.

>They're not repeating the same stupid mistakes this time!
>...oh. They're making brand new stupid mistakes.

Also, apparently the residence manager is a bit character from one of Willis' old old strips. Even his new charaters aren't actually new.

And if he does have memories of the other universes... he knows exactly how to get to Amber and what her emotional hangups are.

I like this guy, I used to do the same thing to my online friends.
The group fell apart thanks to drama, but I had nothing to do with that.

>Ruth/Billie is finished

I doubt it, they'll stay together somehow.

Now to hide this horrible thread.

>There's absolutely no reason for these 2 characters to be friends.
>Reveal of yet another example of Mike being a person Ethan shouldn't have around.
>What does my entry say, lol XD

Stop, Willis .

If you didn't want to be friends with a horrible asshole, then you wouldn't be friends with anyone in DoA.

What did he do to deserve such a cruel fate?

He's a straight white male

Mike is bisexual.

That's even worse. Bi people are basically queer traitors

I don't think that Willis has espoused that bit of LGBT craziness.

That last panel and Mike not having powers reminded me that Ethan could totally bully him in this universe.

mike is 'whatever you don't want him to be'

isn't that heterosexual transvestites?

There are many traitors to the queer cause

it's kinda sad how fragmented and self-hating the LGBT community is.

The way Mike just asks if Ethan is looking at anyone and that he'll find him one.
He just brings it up out of nowhere it is so retarded, It hurts.

I'm actually curious: does the writer of this actually realize what a small percentage of the population LGBT+ actually make up? Does he actually believe it's possible that there is a college out there where the number of snowflakes outnumbers the straights roughly 3:1 as in this comic?

So basically the ending of DOA wil all come down to mike? it may take three century's and maybe for willis kids to do it but i cant wait for the ending.

once you realize the comic is about the mindscape of its author, and any similarities to our reality are incidental, it becomes a much more enjoyable ride.

Define "enjoyable"

Did you just call Danny "Mike"?

Of the fifteen people that made up my friends group in college there was one lesbian, one gay guy, one bi guy, and two bi girls. Of the fifteen main characters of DoA, according to TvTropes, there is one lesbian, one gay guy, two bi girls, two bi guys, one transwoman, and one ambiguously not-straight girl. Adding in the listed secondary characters gives us an additional lesbian and three ambiguously not-straight women.

> Author's mindscape
> "You have to be mad" said the cat, "or you wouldn't be here."

Wait... They're GAY?!?

Exactly. Taken at face value, it's not a great comic, but as a view into Willis' mind, it's amazing. Joyce especially, because her journey was meant to mirror the author's own as she learns to doubt her strict religious upbringing. Bonus points for anyone who was a fan of his earlier work from when he was still super Christian, when Joyce's religion was treated as a positive character trait which helped her through hard times.

It's been really interesting getting to watch Willis' views evolve and see how he portrays that evolution in his work.