IIT: characters that DC always treats badly

IIT: characters that DC always treats badly

Geoff Johns was good with him.

Kinda

Woman hasn't had a good story in six years. And it's not like she had a spotless track record of them before that either.

That was over ten years ago

I want to give him the stories and villains he deserves and bring him to the A-List. I have a lot of ideas, but I'm not getting back into it since someone on Sup Forums said it was "shitty fan fiction"... Well some other user's seemed to really enjoy it so there's that.

I'll just keep working on it until I can actually write it. I don't need shitposters approval.

Captain Atom.

His New 52 series was shockingly pretty good for being written by JT Krul, but for god's sake let him exit a story without blowing himself up for once.

Well Hawkman was considered untouchable and toxic for years until Johns got to write all his fanboy dreams into fulfillment and actually Macguyvered a way out of the Hawksnarl.

I'm sure you can make it work eventually.

If you actually write it down istead of talking about it it won't be shitty fanfiction
Why did that user called it shitty fanfiction anyway?

I wrote like ten damn posts.

That user didn't say why, he just said "why can't we have a hawkman thread instead of a shitty fanfiction thread?" ... No one was even replying besides me and two other anons anyways, I was keeping the thread alive.

Yeah when I wrote it out it seemed a little more complicated than I wanted so I'm trimming it up and finding a way to combine the two different origins into something seamless that makes sense.

There was a decent amount of set up to get to the point where I can introduce Hawkman's villain. That's the main point, giving him villains, mythos, side-characters of his own. But designing a villain that would outlast him, that DC would use for years in Hawkman stories and in other stuff. Like how bumping Sinestro up bumped up Green Lantern as a whole, the character, the book, etc.

I need to learn how to fucking draw and just SHOW rather than tell, you know?

But with this comes a complete retooling of Hawkman. New look and everything my personal style is always homage what came before but get rid of what's not working, same with the origins/story too.

My hope is that when you see it you'll think "Whoa, this isn't Hawkman like I've seen him before but this pretty damn awesome!"

But the overall goal would be to make Hawkman this character worthy of respect and love, both in universe and among the fans.

Use Shadow Thief

The that was autistic, writting a bunch of posts summerizing something that dosn't exist yet dosn't help the thing.
Sit down and write!

Anyone writing Hawkman should take cues from that ABC crime filler show where Mr.Fantastic played Mr.Immortal.

The whole "eternal love" with Hawkgirl thing is pretty much shattered right? I don't think anyone actually believes that shit anymore.

Yes but what is the format for these things? Write? How? First person? Third person? A script? What?

I don't know how comics go from being ideas to reality, I don't know the physical process and what it's supposed to look like.

>What's up with your fucking body-hair, big shoots?
>You look like a twelve-year old Dutch girl!
>Did your aesthetician coif that for you?

I remember that page where he and The Flash are walking through a war zone pulling bullets out of the air

Embrace the golden age version and go full-on ancient Egyptian.
Have Hawkman draw his power from Horus, and have villains that are avatars of other Egyptian gods. They wuz kangz and shiet.

His ultimate archnemsis is Kek with the power of meme magic.

I really want to know who derailed the attempts to give him an ongoing after COIE and Legends.

>>I don't know how comics go from being ideas to reality, I don't know the physical process and what it's supposed to look like.
The answer lies within you

and on a funny note comic scripts don't have an standarized format.

A

I guess the three most common ones are basic plot, detailed script with breakdowns, and just prose

Don't worry user when I get to work at DC I'll write plenty of good stories of her But I'll have to kill her for OC's baller ass story tho It wont be hype But it'll be a really drawn out MK fatality

>hasn't had a good story in six years
Who has?

Nightwing

Eh, state she's in right now, it'd be a mercy kill.

Jonah Hex.

Okay look, it's two in the morning and I feel like if I went into this, it'll just be ignored. Do you guys hang around Sup Forums often enough? I copied those posts I made though. I can just repost them and edit them into something and post it tomorrow sometime or within the next few days. Hopefully you'll see the thread.

I'm on Sup Forums like 15 hours a day
Dump your stuff

WAIT! Use pastebin to dump

I mean, the hawksnarl was already fixed...

Hawkman is already worthy of love and respect ;_; if only people could stop making stupid Hawksnarl jokes and DC could stop shitting on him long enough for people to see it

Why is Hawkman worthy of love and respect?

How long till DC retcons Cassandra into being her daughter again?