Any other atheists realized there's certainly a creator? Where do we go from there?

Any other atheists realized there's certainly a creator? Where do we go from there?

No, but I have considered getting baptized to be part of a community, and to instill strong values into my future children

>certainly a creator
>absolutely no proof

There isn't a creator now kys and see for yourself

i was thinking about how people use the big bang theory as more plausible than a god

>God creates the universe from nothing
>a thing explodes and creates the universe

same fuckin thing, also we probably just live in someones videogame

Have you considered that time begins at the big bang and that there is simply nothing prior to that?

"BBT = start of the universe" is a popsci meme
It is an extrapolated model of the expansion that we observe. That is all.

someones shit graphics card is probably just taking a while to render the edges of the universe tbqh

>I don't understand something so there must be a skydaddy.
kek

I don't know about a creator, but I think that Jesus knew about morality.

aha!
and here is where you expect the average poster here to shift the burden!
but i shall not attempt to!
aha!

no but I have realised that the majority of people believing in Christianity is necessary for a well functioning society and that promoting atheism is degenerate.

if time "begins" then, then even the word "prior" is wholly meaningless to refer to anything "before" (also meaningless, i.e. outside of it)

i already found jesus.

Then they wouldn't be atheists.

>a thing explodes and creates the universe

whoever said that?

you need to phrase better

whatever "it" was, it "was" the universe, it couldnt suddenly exist "as"/"after" it started expanding

Yes, but it would remove the need for a god particle or god himself as we could consider time as beginning with all materials present.

hes talking about the transition, smart ass

cmon son
you can be better than this
ask yourself; would a god really create a world where the majority of people believe in him because they are told to out of fear of burning in hell for eternity after they die...

it would hardly remove any such "need"; real or imagined

that is not what he created, rather what it became thanks to the deception of the serpent

I want to believe that black holes lead somewhere but they are probably just an infinitely dense point. It breaks my heart to be honest with you family members.

you take a talking serpents word over the word of a scientist that has the ability to mathematically calculate the origins of the universe?

There are some a priori arguments for the existence of a god. Why don't you try refuting those instead of crying "muh evidence."

Former atheist here first you become agnostic and research all religions , how stupid they even may be , then you cross of religions who look the same but one is better, and then the only one left will be christianity

>infinitely dense

yes dense, but not infintely dense

infinite implies there can be no degeneracy pressure beyond what we can even theorize

why would i take the serpents word?

why would i not take empirical science's word?

Why would God create deceptive serpents?

because those all also rely on no evidence

>origins of the universe?

origins; a misnomer, only as far back as our current experimental ability can let us know

>there's certainly a creator
Where the fuck is he?
Looks at the shit going on in the world.
If there is a god he clearly doesn't care about us, so why care about him/her/it?

>research all religions
So you looked at half a dozen judeo-christian sects?

Atheists don't believe in magical thinking. If you need to believe in a creator just to cope that's your problem.

Easy:

Assume therefore it follows from that,

>Satan
>Everything in the goat-fucker books is 100% true
>Only Jew-on-a-stick will save you

its all just philosophy anyway
i just dont like religion because of what its done to humanity

because the serpent was actualy satan ? , the bible is full of animals possesed by angels

he created a perfect morning star, perfect in space, and perfect _at that time_, but able to change unpredictably

god left it unknown and possible for anything to happen (free will)

in "motion" (time), with god leaving it out of his hands, fully in the hands of said iluminant angel, its mind being fully dynamic and able to change, its mind eventually changed it into the metaphorical serpent

religion is one side we are talking here, the other is science, the scientific method

You have taken the first step.

The next step is to accept that Mohammad as his final messenger.

Again, you're deflecting serious a priori arguments and just whining about evidence. That is some seriously degenerate scientism man.

p.s.
if created thinking beings with minds of their owns were not left able to change unpredictably, they/we would be nothing but robotic decorations

>serious a priori arguments

no, subjective

>whining about evidence.

without evidence, squarely as valid and plausible as any fairy tale or comic book tale

>possible for anything to happen (free will)
So you could eat your own head if you felt like it?

that would require non-linear dimensions for us to exist in, and corresponding vessels ('bodies")

but no, because we are linear
not like the almighty

dont try to be cute, its counter productive

p.s. nonlinear for paradoxes to be plausible

That's like asking if god could make a rock so heavy He can't lift it (or if Chuck Norris can kick his own ass).

2+2=4 can be verified a priori, without evidence. Is math the stuff of fairy tales to you -- just subjective and unverifiable? Would you require empirical verification that 1billion + 1billion = 2billion? Better start counting, friend.

>literally didn't even provide an argument
>accusing people of deflecting said nonexistent arguments

wtf man

if you were an all powerful being with dominion over the universe would you really give a shit about what's happening on some small rock floating in space? hell you'd probably have forgotten about it by now

>2+2=4 can be verified a priori, without evidence.
It's a tautology.

>that would require
So you are saying anything is not possible, but possible things are dependent on the required conditions available?

More like this

strawman

logic(math) is a perfectly and completely a conceptual model

it is also objective in the absolute

seperate from physics

though the 2 incidentally well serve each other

without any empirical backing, any non mathematical concepts are necessarily purely subjective

nothing we have in any evidence or mathmatics CAN BE anything _but_ conjecture regarding what came before/outside the big one

>i just dont like religion because of what its done to humanity
>science, arts, laws, values
Yeah mate, thats some real nasty shit right there.

Any other adults realized there's certainly a Santa Claus? Where do we go from there?

what i am saying is exactly what i said

and determinism is not assured

do not try to conveniently paraphrase for your agenda :)

> but possible things are dependent on the required conditions available?

no

Not at all, everything about god is speculative and unknowable by definition, but your dimensions and features are clear and measurable, so if anything were possible and we know you, your head, and eating are things that already exist, then the combination of you eating your own head whole should be trivial.

>muh priori and shit i looked up on wikipedia

"If George V reigned at least four days, then he reigned more than three days."

>If the earth and aminals and people exist, then so must god, I guess. Duh.

>It's a tautology.

exactly
but he doesnt know what a strawman is

>anything is possible
>you can't be nonlinear
The problem is the exact things you say are not in agreement with each other.

I'm in the same boat. I feel more authentic yet because I have realized Christianity's importance in the West as a bulwark against degeneracy, and it's making it difficult to believe for belief's sake.

In regards to the big bang, not only am I curious about where that initial bit of matter came from, the energy required to cause it, and all that, but where did the rules of the universe come from? Why do things behave the way they do?

do you want the answer to that stupid enigma of a myriad variations?

>The problem is the exact things you say are not in agreement with each other.

i apologize for the unintended ambiguity

>you can't be nonlinear

correct, not cant, rather just "arent"

That believing something has always just existed is pretty retarded, desu. How does that make more sense than a creator? They're both high on the mindfuck scale.

I am also in the process of doing this.
I've been looking into churches in my area, there are a lot of different sects of Christianity here.

Which is the most Sup Forums approved version of Christianity?
One that promotes strong values, not one that promotes kissing refugee feet.

You were never an atheist.
Why do murican "atheists" keep trying to make not having a religion into a religion.
Please fuck off with that shit..

So you could go nonlinear and eat your own head whole if you wanted?

>That believing something has always just existed is pretty retarded, desu.

not always, but "always" is also meaningless if time does not "exist"

>retarded

subjective

> How does that make more sense than a creator?

subjective

>They're both high on the mindfuck scale.

science "knows" there was almost certainly a big bang, *beyond* that, we dont know, no scientist is trying to assert any infinity or eternity as anything other than conjecture at most

Guys I think it's time we stopped playing around and just admitted it.

Us athiests are all satanist muslims trying to deceive people from following JESUS's holy light that will lead them to salvation due to our wicked hearts which were corrupted by Lucifer with false promises of domination of the corrupted in hell. They caught onto us guys. We'll never elect Hillary or get guns banned with this obvious athiesm crap. Let's just give up and accept JESUS

FOCUS PLEASE
no, we killed that strawman, remember?
I meant: The Almighty could render us so, if wished.

As for the linear clarification: linear, but not wholly predictable (determinism)

and perhaps only *apparent* predictability

be as serious as you can
and i know you can be more so than that

in case you havent noticed yet, im actually arguing both sides of the fence :)

I mean I'm all for the fault that existence in its entirety is limitless in potential and extends well-beyond our means of comprehension, so maybe there is a universe that's driven by a transcendental creator by virtue of inevitability. Why does that have to be ours though?
Also the mind of God is ambient, faggot. You have no where else to go because that's all there is.

>I mean I'm all for the fault that existence in its entirety is limitless in potential and extends well-beyond our means of comprehension,

that non-falsifiable

>Why does that have to be ours though?

same

>You have no where else to go because that's all there is.

no, there are myriad theories/faiths/myths

By our current ability to test, sure.

i wasn't implying that there weren't. this was obviously mine because it is the best.

Atheists that say that God doesn't exist because we cannot see him fail to realize how much we don't know. We had no way of detecting dark matter/dark energy a few decades ago. But it was here the whole time. How much can we not detect yet. Our universe has existed for St least 14.7 billion years, and we have only had civilization for the past 7,000 years or so. We know so little about anything yet atheists rule out that God exists.

I like the idea of determinism and feel it might be true. But if we didn't have free will, so many more questions pop up.

>learn computer science
>learn quantum physics
>see eerie resemblance between Double-slit Experiment and Lazy Evaluation and Potentially Visible Set optimizations to computation relating to information
>existing inside a simulation starts to make sense as explanation to quantum physics
>if so, this simulation was made by someone?

The only thing you killed was the anything is possible bullshit.

Theres a theory suggest in our Universe may be going in circles, it expands, then it cool down, sucks into one massive blackhole and explodes again.
That one suggests it existed forever.

Meh.
Human body designed so poorly it alone is evidence theres no intelligent force behind the world.
Human has ferroproteins that give magnetic sensitivity but it just doesnt work.
You have ear muscules that try to turn your ear to the source of sound but they are too weak (a part of your brain is wasted in that function)
In nature there are animals immune to cancer but your dog didnt give that gene to human.
A lot of stuff is made unoptimized.

If human is made stupid theres no god or the god is stupid.

Find one that refuses to sanctify miscegenous marriages (pro tip: you won't). There's no proscription from (((Moses))) or (((Paul))) of this practice, more abominable than buggery, in their books.

It's going to be Orthodox or Catholicism. Many Catholics disagree with the Pope when it comes to politics, look up Michael Voris on YouTube if you get the chance.

did you not see:

don't sweat it, user

he forgives you

be happy

life is good

Why did god create Satan?

Orthodoxy

Hello fellow atheist fran, let me tell you that there are no arguments for creationism. If you want to believe, you have to choose to do so entirely on faith.

See, the whole point of faith, the very reason this word was created, is because it means believing in something in spite of a total lack of evidence. That is why the faithful are referred to as faithful.

Because of this, there is absolutely no reason for any person of faith to attempt to prove the existence of God. Anybody who attempts to do so is a person who lacks faith. In other words, nobody who truly believes in God tries to prove the existence of God. Only bitter people who know deep down that they are full of shit will do this.

you are forgiven only if repentant at the time or your death or christ's second coming, whichever comes first

Jesus

if things having always existed is retarded then where did the creator come from?

this is the part where you go "there are some things we just aren't meant to understand" so you can skip that part and just go back to facebook

Then why not do it, that would pretty much prove God was real if you were able to demonstrate that God gave you a way to eat your own head whole, and don't bring up free will, why was God so eager to prove himself in the bible if it would interfere with free will, and people will be able to interpret the act of you eating your own head whole in any way they will interpret it.

nice way to read the thread

start here:

>Why did god create Satan?
That's a loaded question. It assumes something that there's no evidence or logical argument for.

god is currently non-falsifiable

> and don't bring up free will,

and yet i shall

>why was God so eager to prove himself in the bible if it would interfere with free will,

so it interfered with free will, yes.

>and people will be able to interpret the act of you eating your own head whole in any way they will interpret it.

if it was open to interpretation, then it would necessarily prove nothing

I have been fascinated with religion for years now. read the Bible, Torah, Quran, among others. Zoroastrianism/Hinduism particularly fascinates me, because those are the OG monotheistic religions to pave the way for all future monotheistic religions, AND they are heavily focused on space worship.

anyway my theory. humanity is just some more intelligent being's creation. I think that likely their civilization was coming to an end (via war, disease, AYYY-SJWs, etc), and mixing their DNA with primitive man/apes to create something capable of higher level thought as a way to continue their lineage away from their dying planet

perhaps they weren't coming to an end, and we are actually just some sort of experiment. I mean look at where we are already with modern genetics. designer babies are a guarantee for the future, as will be 'blanket' procedures like gene-editing out proneness to disease, etc. following that, how long til literal "hybrids" start to be created? assuming we find AYYYlien life, how long til we space-mix? a grand total of like, 90 seconds, I would say.

think about it. if humanity was on the verge of extinction, don't you think some last ditch attempt at furthering mankind elsewhere in the galaxy would occur? I guarantee that it would. it's probably already underway.

assuming said alien race isn't on the verge of extinction, maybe they're just bore. personally speaking, if I had the opportunity to create intelligent life on a planet, and then watch what happens over the course of thousands of years, I would quit my job and do that 24/7. religious texts were just the AYYliens trolling us big time, even though the basis of all these texts is [mostly] ground in truth. the reason they don't actively reveal themselves is because it would influence the outcome of the observation. UFOs that people do manage to see are just AYY 16 year olds and trolls

tl;dr humanity is basically just Sid Meier's Civilization for the NEETs of the AYY worlds

>creator come from?

if we knew and could prove his existence, that doesnt even then mean we could prove, or that he wouldnt even need to have had, an origin

indeed, he did not create the adversary, the dragon

he created the bright and morning star, the wondrous angel lucifer

>all powerful being

>forgotten

It would prove you somehow accomplished a literally impossible feat though divine inspiration.

those 2 are not mutually exclusive
if you try very hard you can bring them together in your understanding

but all-knowing & forgotten, theres 2 that are quite mutually exclusive

not impossible if being doing it existed in non-linearity

and if it did prove something, then it would not be open to interpretation

*THE being