Starting at 6:00 am, nationwide, is MTV Classic...

Starting at 6:00 am, nationwide, is MTV Classic. Which means we'll get to catch up with all of our old cartoon pals such as: Daria, Beavis and Butthead, The Maxx, Aeon Flux, Clone High, Celebrity Deathmatch, and Good Vibes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9t7pylCz_KM
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
youtube.com/watch?v=wgK8iuzJiaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And the ONE you ALL KNOW hehehehehe

youtube.com/watch?v=9t7pylCz_KM

>Daria, Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, Clone High

But I already have those on illegal downloaded files.

I'm just glad Clone High is being shown again. Interestingly, it's listed as Clone High Rescored on the schedule.

I hope they put Sifl and Olly on at some point.

Link me the clone high DVD rip. Please I beg you

Won't they run into issues because of Gandhi? I thought they were cancelled and taken off the air because of him?

Dude I downloaded everything like 6 years ago, I don't have sauce for anything.

I've seen a couple of good cartoon threads at /t/ though.

Rev up those Crystal Pepsis and Pavement CDs, 'cuase we /90s/ now.

Sifl and Oly?

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E

I'm so broken that I can't wake at that hour. Fug.

Pavement is for nerds. I'm all about Oasis.

>MTV Classic
>even 'classic' MTV is not music videos

You know what, I have a pretty decent memory when it comes to cartoons from the past, I remember all the cartoons OP mentions and then some but this is the first time I've watched Brother's Grunt and fuck, this is disgusting. Usually gross-out humor doesn't bother me at all but what the fuck.

>Clone High Rescored

Sounds like audio edits are being done. We would have known something if the show was getting legit new content.

I do wish that Clone High and Mission Hill got to finish those episodes they wanted to.

AMADEUS AMADEUS

WHERE IS THE PJS?!

REEEEEE

Is it on regular Mtv or another channel like Mtv2? How do I get it?

It's replacing VH1 classic in a rebranding effort.

All the Beavis and Butthead episodes are from the recent relaunch effort. No classic Beavis and Butthead on my guide for at least the first week.

Common people
Common fucking people

on MTV2 and Fuse like ten times a day

Pulp I can dig

>Classic MTV
>Not Music

that's not classic.

They play a ton of music videos it looks like.

>Getting rid of VH1 Classic
Well, I hope they keep the VH1 Rock and Roll Picture Show. That's where I first watched Tommy and The Wall.
Also, good riddance That Metal Show.

>hehehehehe

Which are you, fucking 12 years old, or fucking retarded?

Shut up, Beavis.

[citation needed]

>good vibes
>Mtv classic

Clone High and Wonder Showzen start airing on August 4th

only the first five are on the schedule for now. There's also Wonder Showzen.
Apparently Clone High USA differed from the Canadian version in terms of music? MTV apparently shoehorned in more big name music. I'm guessing Rescore might just be the Canadian version of the show, the more well known version of it (I have never seen any kinds of clips or videos of Clone High on MTV online)
majority of the schedule is either music videos, concerts, or documentaries

Most of that stuff is crap and not even on a cracker. Anything worth watching (like Dog Boy or Aeon Flux, you can already stream on-line with out dealing with all the other painful crap that will likely be on 'MTV classics' - which will be stupid dross game shows, shit like The Real World and all that stupid crap cartoons you're shilling in your post.

I highly doubt MTV Classic is going to having the good stuff like the good seasons of Beavis and Butthead, Sifl and Olly and original Liquid Television.

They definitely won't be having that.

Great, more pandering to the nostalgiafag manchildren instead of getting anything new. Just what we need.

Being stuck in the past is just so fucking great. Grow the fuck up.

My cable listings say every show is starting from the beginning

Is the Clone High DVD edited? Is there copyrighted music they replaced?

I watched a little bit but holy shit is 80's music horrible. How the fuck did people listen to that shit?

I haven't seen Celebrity Deathmatch in years...groovy.

Boco, you aren't Ash Williams.

Earthworm Jim.

>Clone High Rescore

You're definitely a worm of some kind.

>having this shit taste

Let me guess, you prefer Kanye West.

Well played.

>Let me guess, you prefer Kanye West.

I would guess Skrillex

Would you rather have modern Mtv?

We aren't talking about your mom here.

Daily reminder that the creator went on to make Ed Edd n Eddy

So what you're saying is they never were good?

More than that I hope they just play old 120 Minutes episodes.

There should be a post-modern mtv.
Pandering to millennials again is a disgrace.

Pretty sure he was letting those who don't know that both shows were made by the same creator.

The only thing that was worth a shit on that channel was 120 Minutes Classic and I think that was long dead at this point anyway.

CRY MORE, LITTLE BABBY.

MTV Classic isn't going to do shit in terms of ratings. It isn't going to start a wave of "'90s MTV" revivals. It's a desperate, flailing attempt at regaining some sense of relevance thanks to MTV Prime's original function being rendered obsolete by the Internet. MTV doesn't have any real relevance to the modern media landscape except as millennial nostalgia. When - not if - it dies, it will be so much of a shell of its original self that nothing will have been able to save it.

There is no "post-modern" MTV. There is no "post-Millennial" MTV. MTV is the TV network equivalent of a dead man walking. The only real question is how long it keeps on walking until someone puts a bullet in its head.

I can't find the online transmission. All that I found is the UK version on the internet.

120 Minutes is on Sundays
try looking for VH1 Classic streams?

different user, your post made me depressed.
what happened to my life? to my youth?
I feel like Al Bundy

>The Maxx
>Aeon Flux
>Clone High
>Celebrity Deathmatch

God has decided to be merciful for once and let us enjoy life.

He only did it, so it only would hurt more, when we go back to our regular programming

So no more Naked and Dating, or whatever the fuck comes on MTV these days?

Sometimes a small reprieve from suffering is all we can hope for. Hell, I'll take it if it means future whipping will bring about another reprieve that is made up of Samurai Jack Season 5.

I feel the same too. Someone please hug me.

>tfw when I misread it as Danzig
>tfw when I can't escape the nostalgia

Sometimes miracles happen. What I miss is the excitement at something brand new that wouldn't suck.

>Antonuci
>Krisfaluci
>both gross
it's like every animator that name ends with "uci" is destined to be gross

>What I miss is the excitement at something brand new that wouldn't suck.

Jesus Christ, how long has it been since anyone's last felt that? Like, legitimate, untainted optimism and excitement at something new, and then being so happy over its delivering on promises and then some.

Last I remember, it was 2010 with New Vegas.

Adventure Time was probably the closest I felt excited in years. But jesus, how many years ago AT debuted?

Recently, I felt that after watching The Warriors for the first time, but it's a movie from 70s, so it doesn't count

My niggest of niggas! I highly recommend the 2006 PS2 video game adaptation. It expands on the backstory of the movieverse, and gives a bit more meat to all the gangs that barely got any screentime, like the High-Hats, the Orphans, the Savage Huns, etc.

It's a brutally well-done beat-'em-up that plays well and has aged gracefully (although I could be fanboying).

Then there's the comic book sequel, The Warriors: Jailbreak, which is OK if you want to find out about Ajax' fate. The art goes downhill for the final two issues though, so be cautious.

Yeah, I'm about to read the "Jailbreak".
I also heard a lot of positive things about the game as well.

On the other hand, I didn't expect such positive reply, after it was just a "btw" post

what channel?

It's a rebrand of VH1 Classic, so find that channel.

It's because The Warriors is another one of those good experiences that was delivered on multiple times. Hell, even the novel, while more artistic in the thematic/symbolic sense, is a super comfy read and exploration of teenage gangs in the 60's New York area, and how they view the world.

And definitely get the game, it's a worthwhile investment. The music they made for it fits the spirit of the Barry DeVorzon theme perfectly.

holy shit i remember this now. freaked me out as a kid, but i never knew the name of this weird show

I will. I planned anyway.

One thing I feel to say is that while the novel was based more on 60s, the film seems to be set in future, am I right? I felt like the director wanted to portray a world, where everyone is a member of some gang to the point that there was no life outside of gangs

this new channel is it america only or world wide?

The novel is set firmly in the 60's, while the movie is set at an ambiguous time (although the game puts it in 1979) that seems to be predicting 80s fashion and styles. Really, Walter Hill's intention was to make the movie comic-book-like, with a lot of flashy colors and costumes, and it worked.

And the point of the novel's story (among others) was that the gang members were so into the gang life that they referred to anyone outside of them as "the Others" and their homes as "Prisons". So the movie took that and ran with it, implying that this was all there was for these people, which is true. It also took the rising gang violence in New York of the time and embodied it in a story. Actual gangs went to see the movie when it first came out because of this.

I've seen the director's cut version that has this comic book transition, but apparently there was also a different version.

Also, you probably have seen it, but here is a collection of deleted scenes, in case someone else didn't
youtube.com/watch?v=wgK8iuzJiaY

The movie got a lot of flak because of it, but frankly, if all the gangs were as honorable and loyal to each other as the gangs portrayed in the movie, our world would be less of a hell.

Damn, I didn't plan on derailing the thread. I feel like I goofed

There is one version without the transitions, and I have it somewhere on my hard drive. It's old and low-res, but still watchable.

And I didn't watch the deleted scenes, surprisingly enough. Never cared for those in any movie since I don't consider them really canon to a story.

The gangs were really romanticized and stylized, but it works because it's supposed to be a stylized action-adventure flick, rather than a grim-n-gritty story about realism.

And fuck it, the thread's not very active either way.

The first deleted scene was supposed to be in the movie, however the only reason it wasn't, was because it was set in daylight, while the whole movie was set at night, with the final act being set at dawn (Which I guess was supposed to be symbolic). Anyway, the very first deleted scene explains why these characters were chosen to accompany their boss.

I kinda mentioned the romanticism of the gangs in the movie, because it reminded me about Roberto Saviano's book "Gomorrah" (it's about mobsters in Italy), where he wrote that the mobsters didn't have a tradition / rules on their own, and that they aped the code of honor from the movies.

In other words, movies like Godfather weren't as much inspired by mobsters (except violence), as much mobsters are / were inspired by movies like Godfather, which makes sense, because most of the mobsters are shady businessmen, only with guns

Yeah that one's pretty hard to find.
Someone from Sup Forums posted a magnet link once but that was years ago.

>tfw MTV was shut down for nearly 5 years now in your country

I've actually watched it, and I see why they cut out the scenes, since they were either superfluous, or redone better later on. Especially the introductory scenes to all the Warriors.

The romanticization of such underground societies is appealing to writers and consumers of fiction, since it allows for more appealing characters that represent certain values, and further allows for easier creation of antagonistic forces. The Warriors are hoodlums, but they have honor. The Rogues and psychopathic sadists who kill for shits and giggles. And their eventual fates reflect this. Ones are exonerated and even commended for their virtues, the others are punished for their lack thereof.

America, on what was VH1 Classic. There's already other MTV Classic channels but this may actually be the coolest of them all.

BTW, did anyone watch the 6am airing of MTV's first hour on MTV/MTV Classic? The airing on MTV Classic had the old commercials intact, which was pretty fucking cool. Wonder if the 12pm (and the 2am) airing of the first hour on MTV Classic did the same thing.

More or less.

I do wonder if the Riffs killed The Rogues, or only their leader. Also, it feels a little weird, because the Riffs killed The Warriors' leader, so they kinda should have paid them somehow in share / territory, etc.

>they killed my boss and all I got was a lousy song with dedication

But then again, that's the thing. If you are strong, you don't have to apologize, and you can do whatever the fuck you want.

As much as I loved the movie, it does have some glaring plotholes. I do wondered who was the guy that Rogue talked with on the phone. Some corrupted cop? Or politician? Or mobster?

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if the movie was actually longer.

What plotholes? I thought it was fairly plugged up.

And there is a theory around that Luther was talking to the DJ every time he was on the phone, giving her info on everything that was happening to the Warriors. It would make sense, since she seemed to have the skinny on everything that was going on.

If someone made a couple more storylines, I'd be a happy man. Not make a franchise out of the Warriors, but a small collection of mini-series that was just well-written.

>What plotholes?
Well, you can explain them somehow.

But for example, the deleted introduction scene explains why Ajax was pissed off at Swan, as Swan was a warchief, while Ajax only a soldier.

There was an animosity between two, but when Swan learned about Ajax being captured, in another deleted scene he does feel sorry about him and blames himself for fucking up, which adds a little to the character.

You can also argue, why the baseball furies were attacking one on one instead of ganging up.

Another thing is, The Warriors didn't have guns, didn't use them in other fights, so it felt a little jarring that The Riffs believed the accusation so easily.

Another thing, it feels a little weird, because at first I thought that The Warriors knew that they were framed for killing Cyrus, but later, they acted surprised when one of the members told them (which he learned from the all-female gang). And how the hell did Swan know about Luther being the one who shot the gun?

Not to mention that Luther shoots straight at Swan with his group behind him, and misses all of them

*who shot the Cyrus?

Shit, I guess it has been a long while since I last saw the movie.

The best rationalizations I can give are:
Fox told Swan who shot Cyrus at some unseen point, and they figured old animosities were dug up and that gangs took the chance to just fuck shit up because the Warriors were soldiering through their turfs.

Remember, the Saracens next to the Jones Street Boys was a big deal, so I can imagine how antsy everyone else was being in another gang's turf without prior notification.

This was during a time when gangs rarely if ever took steps out of their own turf for very long or very far, and paranoia always ran strong with them, making them think everyone was an enemy. Why? Because they were, for all intents and purpouses, invading. The Orphans even mention them wearing their colors being a sign of invasion. And being hoods, the Warriors wouldn't do a wimp thing like take off their vests, so they knew they were essentially declaring war wherever they went on that night.

>I've seen the director's cut version that has this comic book transition,

That shit really threw off the feel of the movie. The original version is much better.

Yeah, a lot of the stuff can be explained either way.

I was a little nitpicky, but all in all, I love the movie. The characters more time running and fighting rather than talking, and yet, I felt like I knew the characters all my life. Pretty cool.

The movie had a lot of problems with budgets, and they were in a hurry. There was like only one pro stunt? In the Cyrus scene, you had some legit gangsters mixed with cops (to avoid happenings), and it's reported that some of the crew lost their watches, and shit. I really recommend read some trivia on various sites, because it really adds to the legend that the movie has.

There are a lot of different cuts that were aired on tv over years. A lot of them.

The same applies to the video game. There's not a lot of character building dialogue, yet everyone is a lovable rogue. Even Ajax, in all his aggressive stupidity, is cool.

There's so much potential in the Warriors world for stories, that it's sad no one has taken pen to paper for more than one extra story post-movie.

Interesting. I'll have to do some research on the making of.

Yeah, it's really weird how much you can learn about the characters, by the way they are fighting, or their skills.

The early scene, where Warriors' leader stylishly knocks the Luther with an elbow was really cool and made me respect him. Weird.

>There's so much potential in the Warriors world for stories, that it's sad no one has taken pen to paper for more than one extra story post-movie.
I would be careful, it might turn into a monkey paw wish. I wouldn't mind some novels, though.

I don't remember the knocking, but I understand what you mean.

As much as I realize it's a monkey's paw, I'll wish it anways. If nothing else, I'd like a spiritual sequel.

They wanted to do a remake in 2006, but something something and the project is in limbo. Anyway, that was a nice chat, albeit it didn't really fit on Sup Forums lel.

Cheers man, have to do something else.

Cheers, mate.

I hope someone uploads Clone High episodes from the channel in high quality, every site I go to has them in 360p

Nirvana unplugged. The best unplugged episode.

Is Total request playlist just the music, or is it the full trl show?

Honesty, I tried at VH1 Classic, but only russian and europe versions of the streaming are on the internet. The USA version of the live stream isn't working for me

As someone who forever sided with Alice in Chains in the grunge wars, yeah Nirvana's unplugged set is fucking legendary.