twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe you're the idiot.

>most of his abilities comes from a robot suit
This can't be true

>watching capeshit
>caring about capeshit
underage fuck off

>No Spider-sense
Really? Didn't he have it in Civil War though?

>No guilt over Uncle Ben

nigga did you miss the shit in civil war?

>when you can do the things I can and you dont
>and then the bad things happen

Yeah, you're right. All of those things I listed were well established staples of the Spider-Man mythos. How silly of me.

More or less. Without it, he's basically incompetent

If he did, they didn't call much attention to it. And they never mention it here. There are multiple times where he's completely blindsided by stupid shit.

You're right about everything except that Ned Leeds isn't the Hobgoblin.

people need them to say it out loud with magic sounds and him saying

>Muh spider sense

Is this thread about Civil War?

Everything he did in this movie was done to impress Tony Stark. That is his entire purpose in this movie.

He's one of several people who have been the Hobgoblin.

>>Most of his abilities come from a robot suit

This is just plain wrong. Not even gonna bother with the rest of your post

ITT: gen z faggots getting triggered by facts presented by based OP

>No Spider-sense
Yeah, that was dumb. At least the Russos are correcting this.
>No guilt over Uncle Ben
Literally untrue, they just didn't want to do the origin again. Uncle Ben's murder is strongly implied why he didn't tell May.
>Afraid of heights
This Spider-man is ground level in every sense. He clearly got over that.
>MJ is not Mary Jane Watson or attractive
They already backpedalled on her being the real MJ.
>Hobgoblin is an obese asian
Ned Leeds was never actually Hobgoblin. He's clearly Ganke anyway.
>Shocker is two random dudes with a yellow jacket
Why are you pretending Shocker is a noteworthy character? Superior Foes is the only time they've attemped to give him depth. And he was still Herman Schultz anyway. And Montana in a nod to Spectacular Spider-man.
>Aunt May is a MILF
Yeah, this has been the case since the Ultimate universe started 17 years ago. They've been deaging her visually in the comics for a while now probably longer than you've been alive.
>Most of his abilities come from a robot suit
This is literally a lie.
>Onboard Siri
Yeah thats true.
>No discernible combat instinct
He's literally a few months into this. Civil War was probably his first actual fight. Then two months of nothing.
>Flash Thompson is a meek little turd
You're right, but personality wise this is easily the closest a movie has ever been. He was a legit bully.
>Everyone on Earth says this is the most authentic Spider-Man movie
Yeah, cause they've probably actually read comics. Tonally, this movie was spot on. The basic elements were classic Romita era Spider-man.

Cry more faggot.

>He was a legit bully.

PENIS PARKER LMAO HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER FROM THAT???

holy fucking cringe. found the shill

wasted

what ps2 game is OP's pic from?

>Hey Parker Im gonna kick your ass you weak loser
vs
>Hey Parker ur dumb lol
Yeup, Homecoming clearly had a better bully.

It is

>PENIS PARKER LMAO HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER FROM THAT???
He was able to get everybody at Liz's party to participate in the chant, when Parker wasn't even around. He has bully leadership skills.

Yeah, bullies make people feel like shit. Sorry some chad actually kicked your ass, but Flash never did that in the comics. All Flash ever did was insult Peter.

Pic fucking related, the one time they boxed, and it was in PE class, Peter kicked Flash's ass.

Why does Sup Forums so desperately want to be Sup Forums 2.0 when the anons here literally know nothing about comics?

>>Hey Parker ur dumb lol
>Yeup, Homecoming clearly had a better bully.
Once they made the decision that Parker would be in a STEM high school, there was no place for a football jock.

Gotta have that newtype flash to be a newtype my man

It isn't. The only things that his suit gives him is shit like gliding and different web shooter modes. Spergs gonna sperg because peter cant shoot electric web on his own

>flash thompson
who the hell knew or cared about that character before this movie?

I'm just glad they have so many PoC. I really hate white people. Spiderman should've been black

Because they saw Rami's movie and thought Flash should be beating Peter up and fucking Aunt May

I've gone my entire life relearning and then forgetting within 10 minutes the difference between him and eddie brock

Homecoming did, once Peter got his powers he could instantly kick Flash's ass, which he did in the Rami films, stopping Flash from tormenting Peter. By making Flash some a rich towel head allows Flash to continue bullying Peter throughout high school

I always hated the idea of artificial web slingers, so I was glad when the Raimi movies just made that one of his powers

time to dust off this old classic

Why would Peter care after he got his powers?
>Oh no that rich Indian said mean things that totally negates me being able to flip a bus

>Yeah, cause they've probably actually read comics.
Doubt.

>No spider sense
Aaaaand your first argument was wrong. No point in reading the other shit

Because no matter what he's secretly able to do, Peter is a social outcast and barely anyone at school gives a shit about him.

Don't pretend you can't relate.

>Yeah, this has been the case since the Ultimate universe started 17 years ago
Ultimate Spiderman is also a nigger.

Except he's not. Ultimate Spider-man was Peter Parker, till they killed him off in 2011 and created a new Spider-man in Miles Morales.

And guess what? They brought Peter Parker back in the Ultimate Universe anyway.

we wuz spidey n sheeit

But he doesn't have any "spider sense" outside of the suit does he?

Everyone in his school is a nerd and he's the smartest guy in school as well as being physically strong and attractive. It makes no sense that a pooinloo would be the alpha male at school but Peter wouldn't.

money > being smart and attractive

Strength doesn't factor in because it's a secret.

Smart doesn't mean shit when you're a poorfag with no parents or an uncle

He has spider-sense, you idiot. Did you need a scene running down the list of his powers?

He does. The Infinity War footage just shown showed his hair on his arm standing up before his bus gets hit.

>Did you need a scene running down the list of his powers?
Apparently autists like OP need just that.

>no spider sense
>most of his abilities come from the robot suit
>can't sling webs, has to build a gadget to do it

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING

>Hobgoblin is an obese asian

Oh god, I thought they just put him as comic relief.

First two are false and the third is directly from the comics.

>>No guilt over Uncle Ben

I think this is why I really didn't care about Peter in this film, even though I did appreciate how they didn't try to go overboard with too much action and any blue lasers at the end. I feel like if it weren't for Keaton I would've hated this film.

Stark-worshipper Peter Parker has nothing on guilt-ridden Peter Parker.

>Without it, he's basically incompetent
did you walk out of the movie in the last 15 minutes? It is stablished pretty clearly in the last minutes he doesnt need the suit

>>can't sling webs, has to build a gadget to do it
Are you 12? That's from Spiderman since the begining

No spider sense? How did he kick so much ass in that last avengers cartoon?

Well, yeah, they need to give some indication. That's how stories work, nigger.

>>Everyone says this is the most authentic Spider-Man movie
People said the same about ASM 1 and 2 when they were released. Capefags always say something is accurate to comics in order to defend something, even when it is untrue.

B-but muh Raimi

There were moments where he clearly had spider senses activate for him to evade something but they just didn't have to show it but it seems babby little op still needs some visual cue for it.

Michael Keaton says Spider-Man crybitch is for faggots:

youtube.com/watch?v=0GkJSjOxD4U

>People said the same about ASM 1 and 2 when they were released.
Literally no one said that. Especially not about ASM1.

Why did he change his mind about the role? He initially rejected.

money.

>aunt may is a milf
And this is bad how?

The part where he jumps out in the beginning and steals the shield is incredible even if we've seen it before. Absolutely hype as fuck and flawlessly setup. Makes up for anything bad about the rest of it although I thought it was good overall

so glad this movie is getting APED

And now, the Disney Channel original movie, Spider-Man: Homecoming

Name one. Name one single scene where he evaded something in such a way that can only be explained by the Spider-sense. Why didn't he know the vulture suit was going rain a bunch of rocks down on him? Why didn't he see it coming when shocker blindsided him in the parking lot? Does the Spider-sense only work sometimes?

Why? It was literally a pointless scene when it was originally used. Why does seeing it from a handheld camera make it better? There was no reason for him to do that or even be a part of that fight on his own (except maybe for attention), much less for Tony and Happy to set him up to do it. Fucking stupid imo, one of the only things that bothered me about the movie. I actually liked it quite a bit, although not as much as the original spider-man.

So that sequence on the Staten Island Ferry where the suit calculated the exact places he would need to web web up, as well as showed him where all those hostiles where through the walls... He'd have been able to handle that by himself, right? He could also fly by himself with his invisible spider-wings, right?

Not him, but I think they made him incompetent in order to differentiate him from the other heroes. That plus he is a 15 year old kid. I would expect him to become a lot more competent in future films. This was a coming of age story, you don't have to like that but that's the path they chose.

Ironman finds an incredible new talent but still too young to just be thrown out there. he sets up a situation where Spiderman can appear in a sudden, relatively safe, surprise attack that shows off spiderman's raw abilities and provides significant value for the fight. But yea I don't know I just liked seeing it from that handheld camera perspective I thought it was better that way

>APED

What did he mean by this?

I don't think Spiderman should be mopey or even brooding like Batman. He's a wisecracking kid. But Peter's probably the biggest example of a walking guilt complex, maybe even moreso than Batman.

I'm not a comicbook purist so I'm not raging or anything, but I think I would've liked the film more if they'd retained that bit of his character, cuz him feeling like shit for not being able to fix everything and save everyone all the time is something I used to relate to a lot. It's still a forgettable Marvel film at the end of the day regardless though, so who cares really.

i chortled. underrated.

Suck Fony

Did you just want to see another movie where uncle Ben dies, says with great power blah blah, he learns to use his spider powers and shit and saves the city from destruction again?

I don't have a problem with it being a coming of age story. In fact, I like the John Hughes angle of it all, and I would love to see a better version of a Spider-Man meets the Breakfast Club movie, but this just feels like a very soulless version of that. None of these characters felt like real people in a real high school. Much like almost every other MCU movie, Marvel is more concerned with being cute and clever than they are about crafting believable characters. I get that Spider-Man himself (at least in costume) is supposed to be a smartass, but every single character in this movie was also a smartass ready to drop a cute quip at a moment's notice. It was flat, and the constant joking undercut any sort of tension that could have existed in the story. His incompetence didn't feel like the result of the filmmakers trying to give Spider-Man a satisfying arc, it felt like it was there to relieve tension that was never there to begin with. He didn't feel like a real kid trying to live up to his potential, he felt like a bumbling doofus straight out of a multi-camera sitcom.

No, but it would have been nice to be emotionally invested in the movie I just paid to see. I don't care how you do it, but you have to do it.

>he sets up a situation where Spiderman can appear in a sudden, relatively safe, surprise attack

Tell that to War Machine's snapped spine

Ohh look, more literal racists. Sup Forums is supposed to be ironic, you know that right? they are making fun of you skin heads.

You'd be more emotionally invested if you were were actually capably of experiencing such emotions you autist.

>Marvel is more concerned with being cute and clever than they are about crafting believable characters.

They've already got Rudd. I think it's safe to assume Apatow is on his way to directing some Marvel stuff

Marvel is shit. SHIT

I watched TDKR last night. Should I watch, BvS, The Dark Knight, or Batman Begins tonight?

First reply gets a reaction image and a (You)

kys yourself

It's one of the most used phrases when it comes to capeshit, and when it's not being used it's weird

At this point after this many movies I feel the way to go is ignore it completely
My biggest gripe with batman vs superman was they had to once again half-cram in origin stories which is what bumped that movie to I think it was 14 hours 25 minutes

I don't read capeshit comics but IIRC he runs of his powers eventually and has to use capsules like he did in the movie to use his web.

It isn't expressly shown, like in the Raimi movie, but in Civil War Tony asks him about he weird goggle and he explains that he needs them because when he is in danger, the extra-perceptive functionality of his mutation causes his otherwise human-organs to lose focus. When he's in danger, he can feel it, the downside of this is that he cannot then focus. So he devised the special goggles to shunt how much he can see when the "sense" goes off. Allowing him to focus.

The suit Tony made him does the same thing, which is all just justification for Disney to dropped the cash to give him animated eyes, like Deadpool.

As opposed to how Raimi did it, in this movie and the cameo in the previous one, Spider-Sense is actually a detriment.

>My biggest gripe with batman vs superman was they had to once again half-cram in origin stories which is what bumped that movie to I think it was 14 hours 25 minutes

That was your biggest gripe with Batman v Superman? It was a minute long sequence in the opening credits. Every single Batman movie has referenced it at some point. Why is BvS the one you have a problem with?

So if they had devoted a single line to referencing the death of Uncle Ben, the seminal moment in the character's mythology, it would have ruined the movie for you? What exactly constitutes an origin story to you? Was Batman Forever, Dark Knight, and Dark Knight Rises an origin story? Was Spider-Man 2, 3, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 an origin story?

>relearning the difference between Eddie and Flash.

I've read every single issue of Amazing Spider-Man and I still occasionally mix them two up, IDK, kinda bland and forgettable aside from the both of them being the host to the Venom Symbiote at some stage.

Was Agent Venom even in 616 or was it like another universe? I haven't read it yet and I can't remember if he pops up in any of the last few issues.

Uncle Ben died on 9/11. Peter never knew him.

Your post is so shit that you only get a reply

>listing BvS and implying you'd watch that shit film instead of Tim Burton's Batman.

Like I love Batman but BvS was shiiiiite.

Yeah, but then what compelled him to fight crime? What compelled him to sacrifice everything good in his life in order to help other people? One of the corps traits of the character is that he hates being Spider-Man, but he does it because he feels that he owes it to his deceased father figure to do everything in his power to make sure no one else suffers the same loss.

One of the problems I have with the way they chose to do this is that it changes Peter from a sympathetic and tragic character trying to right his own wrong, to an overly ambitious teenager who wants to be an Avenger because he thinks it's cool. That's not a compelling arc. I don't give a flying fuck whether or not he gets to join the Avengers.

This, there has been no clear indication that he has spidey sense in either CW or Homecoming. Any dodging and evading can be safely assumed it was from his own doing without being warned about it.