Well... this did not age well

Well... this did not age well.

Kind of regret going back and watching it now. CGI seemed so much better back then.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/27SS8Pnmrok
youtube.com/watch?v=gpG0O1TC_XE
youtube.com/watch?v=z_903744xh8
youtube.com/watch?v=WJuJlh8KiKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just enjoy it for the stories.

Very unrealistic.

For a second there I thought that was a gorilla having sex with a rhino.

this show is one of the few cases of a remake being justified

If that's the case, he should just skip to Beast Machines then since Beast Wars "stories" is stuff like "Rhinox is sick LOL HE FARTED".

It was neat to watch the CG improve each season. Bad CGI isn't something that really bugs me though

Beast Wars does indeed have some immature humor but some of it is legitimately hilarious (if you don't find Megatron wearing a powdered wig and holding court funny without acknowledging it at all, you're a foreigner or don't get humor)

That being said, the show was not a humor based show...it wasn't a comedy, the stories never ever revolved around a gag....it was peppered with cartoon humor, some gags good, some gags bad, but you're a fucking autist to be honest brah.

Beast Machines had zilch to do with Transformers, it was a grimdark Ferngully what some idiots put the "Transformers" label on because they could

Wow...the thumbnail looks like something rule34-ish...

>a grimdark Ferngully what some idiots put the "Transformers" label on because they could

...honestly, that is the best description of BM I've read in years, user. Good job!

And it's still more interesting than Beast Wars.

youtu.be/27SS8Pnmrok

>Beast Machines is bad because... Uh... Dirty Hippies!

Every time

>And it's still more interesting than Beast Wars.
No it isn't. Beast Wars expanded upon G1 lore, created some of it's own with the Vok and such, had a lot of side stories going on and had clever characterization as the series went one

Beast Machines was just "nature good, machines bad...even tho this is transformers who care lol"

Beast Machines was shit, it did not introduce a single good character and every returning character was reduced to utter shit

>I didn't watch Beast Machines: the post

But machines weren't exclusively bad you complete and total idiot. Way to miss the point.

Jetstorm you pleb.

And yet Beast Machines is still to this day the only Transformers show that takes place entirely on Cybertron and features ZERO humans/organics whatsoever.

I bet you don't even buy Transformers, Beast Machines was awful from any real fan's perspective because the toys were shit as well.

I just re watched it about five months ago, it's shit. Nature ninjas vs evil Transformers.....it's shit.

>And yet Beast Machines is still to this day the only Transformers show that takes place entirely on Cybertron and features ZERO humans/organics whatsoever.

Uh...so? What planet do you come from that that defines Transformers to you? Apparently you've never watched G1 if you think a "true" TF show must not take place on earth or have humans

>I bet you don't even buy Transformers, Beast Machines was awful from any real fan's perspective because the toys were shit as well.

Ah yes, the "no True Transfag" fallacy. Been awhile since I bumped into this one.

Well, you cretin, I have quite a sizable collection of TFs, and I'll be the first to agree that outside of a few later releases BM was a bad toyline. But we aren't talking about the toys, we're talking about the show, which happens to be one of the most unique pieces of official TF fiction ever attempted. Nothing before or since has even tried to hit such a high mark, regardless of how it may have come up short in some areas.

And before you accuse me of hating Beast Wars, allow me to say that I adore it too. BW, BM, and TFA are the best damn cartoons to come from Transformers. Probably the only good ones.

Man, from the thumbnail, I thought this was Xavier

>TFA
>best damn cartoon

Woah now let's not say anything crazy

>grown men arguing over toys and cartoons

America deserves to be bombed.

They look better as robots.

>which happens to be one of the most unique pieces of official TF fiction ever attempted.
Unique doesn't mean good. Designs like pic related are "unique", still fucking awful. In fact Ratty boy is the perfect example for WHY Beast Machines sucked....it took a morally ambiguous character who was really both unique and GOOD for the franchise and turned him into a "wahhhh life i horrible" angsty cripple for the sake of being dark and edgy

Fucking awful. And hey, you wanna love it? Go the fuck ahead pal, but you're the minority for a reason...it was bad, being "unique" does not mean good right off the bat

You need to get off this board faggot

kek, so what exactly are you here for then? funnybooks? capeshit movies? you're ever bit as bad as us pal

Rattrap's design was awful in Beast Wars, though. That's sadly the best he's ever looked.

>tfw Transmutate
I cri evertim

>Rattrap's design was awful in Beast Wars, though.
It was fine, he looked like a Transformer who probably turned into an organic rat. Which is what he was and supposed to be.

Anybody who thinks this is worse than this Is a fucking dunce, sorry bucko

>looks like a Transformer

More like a bayformer. Transformers don't have buck teeth.

But rats do

Under that logic Optimus Prime should have a tire for a face.

Go back to Facebook you filthy normalfag, your kind aren't welcome here!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

>he said BW looks like Bayformers

Ok you're an idiot, guy. Like straight up. Also Bayformers had better designs than Beast Machines

He had windows for tits, you idiot

And Rattrap has an entire rat's head on his chest.

Point being? I never said anything was wrong with that, you did. You can tell instantly by looking at most G1 Transformers what they transform into, this is not new or something invented by Beast Wars

Go home, Dan.

Beast Wars = DBZ
Beast Machines = GT

Point is that Rattrap didn't need buck teeth or an exposed brain or his intestines spilling out.

Beast Wars - DB - a wacky adventure with fart jokes and dumb gags and characters getting hit in the nuts
Beast Machines - DBZ - too serious for its own good

>Beast Wars - DB - a wacky adventure with fart jokes and dumb gags and characters getting hit in the nuts
You're a fucking idiot, like a monumental moron. Beast Wars had gags, it wasn't the focus at all...Beast Wars had a more serious plot than Beast Machines ever had despite it trying so hard to be "mature"

>Point is that Rattrap didn't need buck teeth or an exposed brain or his intestines spilling out.
How is that the point? You criticized BW designs because they have kibble apparently or at the very least look like what they transform into, when this has been a thing since G1

So, how is that even a point?

Rattrap's buck teeth aren't kibble, user.

This is accurate.

>Beast Wars had gags, it wasn't the focus at all

Waspinator was in every episode

Checkmate

So? Are you implying Waspinator was the main focus of Beast Wars? You haven't watched it in a long fucking time pal if you think the throw away gags were the focus of the show

Honestly what does it matter? Is it some pointless argument that a Cybertronian shouldn't have earth like things after choosing a form, or even choosing a form that resembles their Cybertronian form? Because if that's you're case, why did Megatron look like he had a Nazi helmet and also conveniently turn into a Nazi pistol?

>Defending Beast Machines
I want scrawny white hipsters to leave.

He didn't turn into a nazi gun, he specifically turns into the gun the heroic main character from the 60s television show "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" used.

Nevermind that nazis don't even wear helmets shaped like Megatron's iconic buckethead. Are you even a transformer fan?

So where's the genwunners to shit on this because they didn't turn into cars?

Yes it does
Also, Megatron turned into a German pistol which I'm pretty sure was used by Nazis

>doesn't even reach his shoulders
>wrong shape entirely
>looks like a salad bowl

So you never even saw what G1 Megatron looked like. Can't say I'm surprised, you sound like Beast Wars was your first show and then you shat yourself when Beast Machines showed up and it was DIFFERENT.

>Helmet
>Feathers/flaires out at the bottom more than an American one

Yeah, stop being autistic. Beast Machines suck, you know it.

For every point I make that is entirely true you ignore it and try to talk about something pointless, be it Waspinator or the fact that Megatron's helmet is not the EXACT replica of a Nazi helmet despite being clearly inspired by it

You lose, you can't defend your shitty show

I'm not trying to defend Beast Wars, you are.

Yeah it sucks it didn't age Well but didn't 90% of the shows done by mainframe look terrible today now

I know reboot and best wars are still decent for the stories but what about the other shows

Honestly I would kill you if I knew you, you're fucking irritating and quite stupid

Look on the bright side: the CG from then is outdated now

Meanwhile Hasbro's making a Transformers cartoon for streaming video that's actually outdated now and it's made now too

youtube.com/watch?v=gpG0O1TC_XE

Beast Machines had a good story (not the morals, the narrative) filled with crap characters, and also Jetstorm who was GOAT. The finale was top tier.

The only thing I will ever thank Beast Machines for is my Tankor figure, who is not an amazing figure but looks amazingly cool

Unlike how he looked in the show...

Beast Machines didn't even have Waspinator.

2/10 would not watch again.

But Waspinator was comic relief! THAT MEANS THE SHOW SUCKED, COMIC RELIEF IS FOR KIDS FUCK TRANSFORMERS IS SUPPOSED TO BE DARK AND MATURE AND ADULT HOW DARE IT HAVE A COMIC RELIEF CHARACTER FUCKING DIE RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WISH MY LITTLE PONY WAS ALL FIGHTING EPISODES TOO BTW

Comic relief is supposed to make you laugh, or entertain. Waspinator's entire "joke" is he talks in an annoying voice in third person.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WAAAAAZZZZZPINATOR IZZZZZZ SMARTEZZZZZT PREDICON, FOUND CATBOT AND LIZZZZZARDBOT AND MONKEYBOT, WAZZZZZZZPINATOR WILL REPORT THIZZZZZZZ TO MEGABOT!

OH NOOOOOOOO WAZZZZZZPINATOR HAZZZZZ FLOWN HIMZZZZZZZELF INTO A WAAAAAALL WHY UNIVERZZZZZZZZZZE HATE WAZZZZZZZZPINATOR

CGI never ages well. Even Final Fantasy the movie looks like shit now and at the time i thought it was the best looking shit ever.

>one unfunny joke discredits the entire show
You have autism

That makes me wonder. Was there ever an episode that actually focused on Waspinator.

The Starscream episode doesn't count.

Still better than Transformers Energon's CGI

The CGI rendering might've not been great, but the actual character animation still holds up well. Mainframe knew how to make characters emote and move well. Its a shame people can't separate the two. Sure they don't have shadows most of the time, but an emotional speech was handled with total care and facial expressions where done well especially considering they where based on toy designs where everyone was snarling.

CGI always ages a lot worse than 2D animation.

I can't even watch ReBoot anymore because of how fucking awful it is, even though it was my favorite show as a kid. Hell, look at the first Toy Story. Back then it blew people's minds, and now it looks like cheap garbage. Even more recent movies like Frozen are already starting to show their age when it comes to the animation.

This and Reboot

You ever tried re-watching Reboot? I want to but goddamn that CGI is bad

I loved the white tiger Maximal

I was such an edgy faggot as a kid

>. Can't say I'm surprised, you sound like Beast Wars was your first show

Well yeah, a lot of us aren't over 30.Hell, for a lot of people on Sup Forums, even BW is out of their age range. I'd wager most people from my generation know the P-38 as the gun you get from dead Nazis in Medal of Honor/Call of Duty. And yes, I know the history of the toyline.

>Well yeah, a lot of us aren't over 30

People have nostalgia for things like teen Titans 2003 and Ben 10 on this board, anyone who was born before '95 is old man tier on this board.

>People have nostalgia for things like Ben 10

.....that can't be true

FOR THE ROYALTY!

>implying you wouldn't

Reboot is still based though

Shadow Raiders looks alright.

youtube.com/watch?v=z_903744xh8

FIRE

DA DA DA DA DA !!

>I loved the white tiger Maximal
>I was such an edgy faggot as a kid

he was the pacifist who didn't like fighting, so much that he preferred to remain in his beast mode and live among tigers than the bots

this board really needs to stop using buzzwords so much

>Well yeah, a lot of us aren't over 30.Hell, for a lot of people on Sup Forums, even BW is out of their age range. I'd wager most people from my generation know the P-38 as the gun you get from dead Nazis in Medal of Honor/Call of Duty. And yes, I know the history of the toyline.

I'm 26, and grew up with both BW and G1, Beast Wars came out in what...like 96 or so?

Beast Machines lost me with making half its cast less interested.

Disillusioned and Mopey Primal
Cripple Rat Trap
... Nightscream
Edgelord Silverbolt

But on the other hand some of the cast got better

Black Aracnia
Cheetor
And Jetstorm was the best character in that goddamn show and stole every scene he was in.

Megatron was ok, not as good as Beast Wars but decent.

Honestly characterization more than plot is what doomed the show.

He was the green ranger of Beast Wars, and only faggots liked Tomy the most

>Beast Wars - DB - a wacky adventure with fart jokes and dumb gags and characters getting hit in the nuts
...if your only exposure to the show was the Japanese spin-offs, maybe.

No, OP, it never looked good.

The later seasons of Reboot looked fine, the animators had themselves a real by the groove by the series end.

youtube.com/watch?v=WJuJlh8KiKU

this is my most enduring memory of the entire show

That may be so, but being a faggot does not equal "edgy"

The edgelords of BW were like....Dinobot, Rampage, and Depth Charge...who all ruled by the way, being edgy isn't always a bad thing either

>Dinobot
Not an edgelord
>Rampage
He was just a psychopath. A well-designed one with an excellent voice, but not really edgy. Not after he appealed to Transmutate to join him because they were kindred spirits and belonged together.

>Depth Charge
There. That's the only edgelord of the show.

>>Dinobot
>Not an edgelord

Explain

Have you ever seen an edgelord with a strict code of honor and loyalty?

Gohan

The edgelord was Ratrap.

He ate his clone, dude. His sense of honor is still a 'Con derived one. He suggests striking enemies when they're down and abandoning wounded/lost comrades a few times.

Ratrap was a realist. A hero with that rarest of superpowers - common sense

Brah you called fucking Tigatron edgy...the least edgy character in the show, I don't think you know what "edgy" implies

>Have you ever seen an edgelord with a strict code of honor and loyalty?
He abandoned his original team, and he was basically Vegeta...the powerful but always angry guy who questions authority

Sounds like a warrior.

They're in the middle of a war with high stakes. He didn't view himself as any less expendable than his comrades when he sacrificed himself for humans.