youtube.com/watch?v=DIvqjJKtLb0
youtube.com/watch?v=E_nwzeN-cdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oUMrsBbMC0g
youtube.com/watch?v=pHQUfgq1seM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like season 1 but with more spook.

Velcro, Frank and Woodrough solve a murder in the afterlife

Like the season Pizza hinted at a while ago:

There's a very small town of 100 or 200 people or so and one sheriff or one police chief and one villain/serial killer and the hole season is a cat and mouse crime epic but on a very small scale.

All black female cast.

Anything spooky and retro like Season 1 that includes Rust would work for me.

Alternatives - make it a bit like "The Killing" set in some depressing shit hole part of Seattle.

Director: David Fincher

Detectives: Benicio del Toro, Leonardo DiCaprio

Plot: Mexican cartel adopts satanic rituals that require the blood of children. Kids go missing in Texas and Benicio and Leo lead the case

Song: youtube.com/watch?v=CvAC8mic-Hs

Slav casting in the rustbelt, some forest locations maybe.

>Talent hack Leonardo DiCaprio
>Not Josh Brolin who was already great with del Toro in Cartel movie Sicario

Fuck off

Into the T R A S H

Back to the south, but some beach town. Maybe North Carolina. You have the Cape Fear which for its name alone is perfect. And NC is rich with muddled history involving spoopy fire and brimstone type churches and shit. Tie in a contemporary beach/surf culture for the storyline and I think you'd have something unique, but still Southern Gothic to go with.

/thread

Set in a 1950s small town

Jeff Bridges and John Goodman

Set in Northwest

Opening song:
youtube.com/watch?v=bSxZy_7Ps90
or
youtube.com/watch?v=WFealsyauvc

Directed by Coen Brothers.

Set it in Eastern Europe shithole

Have it be in language other than English

No women because Pizza can barely write for men

Goodman would be the antagonist though right? I mean come on. After 10 cloverfield lane I can't picture this guy as anything except an overweight rapist who is into BDSM. Maybe make him the principal of an all boys school or something where student suddenly go missing.

This song would work also but the songs would obvious need to be edited down to OP length
youtu.be/kgRsjF44E68?t=1m18s

>Two mismatched main characters
>Philosophical ramblings
>Hint at serious high level corruption
>Something big might happen episode
>Disappointing season finale
>TRUE DETECTIVE

Bring back Marty and Rusty but this time they are renegade detectives that go around the US hunting eldtritch abomoniations and cults while quipping.

If they go with the noir-type spoop of season 2, this would be a tits opening song:
youtube.com/watch?v=DIvqjJKtLb0

Tom Hardy, Don Johnson, and Timothy Dalton

Corrupt sherif mentors his deputy who turns out even more corrupt/hateful/violent than the sherif is. Eventually the deputy commits a series of murders, sherif tries to cover things up, a federal agent is sent in to investigate and things start to spiral out of control.

Opening song:
youtube.com/watch?v=E_nwzeN-cdQ

I actually kinda like this

I would make the main plot around a friendly ghost. Casper knew this.

I'd cum buckets.

Two federal investigators travel the nation investigating murders of young attractive women involving strange red seeds. Eventually the case leads them to a sleepy town in Washington where they befriend the local law enforcement. They both fall in love with the qt blond deputy.

Like Point Break meets Zodiac meets southern cult stories. Make it happen.

Set it during the crash of 2007-2008 in metro Detroit right where it looks like the domestic auto industry is dying and going to take Michigan with it in an economic black hole. White detective and black detective are MCs investigating seemingly random killings in the suburbs and the city. Throw in a magical realist episode on Belle Isle. The whole season has a backdrop of despair with spots of hope as nearly everyone's on edge due to the Big 3 floundering. Show the differences in how people in Detroit vs people in the more affluent suburbs live. Maybe even have part of the show bounce between present day metro Detroit and 2007-2008 Detroit to show how the region and its people have and haven't changed.

Is the Great Recession considered "too soon" to make a TV show or movie based on its impacts?

Sounds good. What exactly makes something "Southern Gothic"?

Bring back Carlos a and the stuff surrounding it, increase the surrealism up to eleven, make it so that everything is coming apart and the town is at the centre of a major supernatural conspiracy. Make it so that the detectives have to figure out what the hell is going on, but never truly reveal anything, make the horror creeping and inevitable.

From wiki: "a fixation with the grotesque, and a tension between realistic and supernatural elements"

Basically, stories post-colonial/slave era in the south that center around either the author's or character's obsession or life regarding mythology, phenomena and beliefs. Mostly Christian and batshit hardcore fundamentalist beliefs. Doesn't even have to be direct, but the characters can be remnants or products of said environment, a good example of which is Harry Crews' "A Feast Of Snakes" (great fucking book btw). A more direct example would be Flannery O'Connor's "The Violent Bear It Away" (fiction) or Dennis Covington's "Salvation On Sand Mountain" (non-fiction). The latter is one of my all time favorite books. If you like shit like True Detective S1, you should definitely read it.

I'm guessing by "Carlos" you mean Carcosa. And yeah, I loved that mythology finding its way into the story. Everyone in this god damn thread needs to read Chambers' "The King In Yellow". The porcelain/statue story fucked me up. Or the suicide chambers. God damn, those stories...

In the butt

This is cool

lmao @ all these goffic season 1 redditors ideas, like The Killing but in Seattle! Haha!

I seriously highly fucking doubt it, but I wonder if the writers of "Stranger Things" got ideas about the Upside Down from the mythology of Carcosa.

I would do season 3 by going back in time and not doing season 2

like season 2 only not land holdings and corrupt business practices.

it would focus on pedophilia and murder in hollywood, and not have as many whiny shitbag characters.
and more lynchian elements, like the singer in the bar

These are good, all the others are shit

Yes I meant Carcosa, blasted auto-correct. Why did they even remove Carcosa's influence and mythology from the series anyway?

I'm not sure if he wanted it in season 2, but for the record the Network was fucking with Pizza and he had to rush a lot of ideas for s2. Apparently the abandoned underground train theme was supposed to play a bigger role with like a big crazy cult. the HBO programming director even said he regrets that they ever pushed him the way they did.

>yfw you realize upon third viewing that Errol had a bunch of victims bodies wrapped up like mummies in his lair

i would not allow pizza man to write it, that's for sure. return to cthulu mythos gothic feel, set in new england.

it should be about pizzagate and connect the first two seasons

It should take place in Lancaster county PA, right where it meets Berks county. At Galen Hall, right where the old hotel was. Where the insane asylum is right down the road. Where all those people seem to go missing. Where they found the 17 year old girl with white hair....

ditch pizzo and bring back fuku

You can smell the reddit a mile away. Filtered.

Werewolves in '50s Washington/BC, with a heavy Scandinavian vibe.

It's Pizzolatto's show though. You wouldn't have even had the creepy southern vibe without him.

with that one black guy from that one oscar winning movie last year

but really i would use pic related in a serious new york cop drama season

get ready for feminism cause thats what you're all gonna get

This is the only correct answer.

Cast: Jodie Foster, Tommy Lee Jones, Sam Elliot

Setting: Alaska, 1975 during the construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System following the 73 oil crisis

Plot: When a series of disappearances in a small town at the center of a pipeline construction in Alaska take place. Two old timed sheriffs of adjacent counties (Foster and Jones) are embroiled in a conspiracy way over their heads.

Theme song: youtube.com/watch?v=oUMrsBbMC0g

Good lineup but not sure how you'd make that song work, it'd need to be a super dank remix. Slowed down probably 50%.

Song: youtube.com/watch?v=pHQUfgq1seM

Director: Friedkin
Actors: Sam Rockwell, Peter Weller, Al Pacino
Place: South Carolina or Atlanta
Theme Song: different as the season progresses, starts somber and ends dark. Starting with "Next Time" by Curtis Harding, ending with "Bottomless Pit" by King Dude
Themes: The Toybox Killer, Black Lives Matter, Police AND activist corruption, and the Schoolcraft expose In PIZZAMAN fashion everyone is guilty.
Underlaying Bibical/Literary Theme: Jonah and the Whale, Pizzaman's short story "Ghost Birds"

Plot: Newly promoted detective and single father (Rockwell) is assigned to homicide, following in his footsteps of his retired father, who has advanced alzheimers (Pacino), being mentored by a veteran detective (Weller).

After working on a case with no leads and receiving taunts, Rockwell takes a leap of faith and follows his ailing father's crazy rants that may or not be true, pulling in his mentor into something way beyond their jurisdiction and discovering some truths about their city they would never dream.

Season 2 was based off a real event, just remove the orgies with GAY orgies

>First season has weird cult/supernatural shit but nothing overt
>Second season entirely abandons it

He is a hack

Based milch is helping to write it, so it'll be fine.

Or, knowing milch's luck, canceled

no way seriously? I'm hyped as fuck now. Milch is the crankiest curmudgeon motherfucker in Hollywood and I love that he's involved in something important again

martin lawrence, will smith, set in miami, will smith - miami theme song. 90's rappers in cameo roles, bad guy would be some white dude maybe vanilla ice.

Welcome, reddit tourist

There were plenty of blacks in season 1.

A Nick Land, technomancy, emerging nonhuman entities season would be cool. Think murders by smart home malfunction/corporations that don't exist/mysterious financial crashes. You could do a lot of eerie scenes at datacenters/remote listening posts/underwater cabal terminals. Stay away from the cybersecurity/hacking stuff so you don't get accused of copying mr. robot.

Cast Brad Pitt along side Adam Driver. This time he's playing the older version of the se7en detective. As kind of a mentor to Driver like Freeman was to him. Also, bring back the occult and don't pussy out.

But the Se7en detective went to prison because he killed Spacey in cold blood

Bring back Rusty and Marty as now gay lovers that pork eachothers assholes while Rusty makes dark philosophical quips in between lone star tall boys and cigs.

>epic
>on a very small scale
(You)

Something set in pre Y2K NYC as the detectives try to stop what they think will be another Oklahoma City bombing by a white supremacist only to discover what seem to be the blue prints for a false flag terrorist attack (9/11) by the government that also seems to be a massive magical ritual with Illuminati undertones.

You know how

I like it, bring back rust and marty point break style

This

damn matty is built

I wouldn't. It should've been a one season series. And it should've had more spoopy elements, and exploit the metaphysical and supernatural aspect of the original premise more.

Base it off a combination of the Franklin cover-up, the Dutroux Affair, and Saville.

I really like this