Wanted to be novelist/writer when I was in high school

>Wanted to be novelist/writer when I was in high school
>Gave it up after realizing I have no talent
>End up studying CS in my uni

It's painful tho. Do you have any similar experience?

CS is boring as hell. I cannot fathom why some people find a joyment to that subject.

This

why not electronics engineering? that is a cool study

Programming/hardware architecture can be fun.

Bcuz it requires 2 much math

you're right there

At least you had something to aim for
>Haven't had a single clue what I would like to do since I was 13
>I'm 25 and still going clueless

Tbqh CS is the least boring one among technology related majors

>told myself my life goal when I was 13 was to have a stable job and a house
Not going to happen anytime soon, it seems.

Bump

be a light novelist

Studying cultural analysis is really fun. Learning about history, ethnic dividers, folklore, culture preservation. It's all really interesting.

This. At my university, only 8 people in the intro class actually went on to the more advanced CS classes. It was fun in the beginning of the semester, but like all subjects, it gets harder and boring. And that's is a very deadly combination for someone who is lazy and loves to procrastinate.

>TFW you will never become a successful CS or engineer and make tons of money

Kys

Why are poets respected highly in SK?

Because it's the highest form of literature.

How?

>wanted to study PolSci
>studied Computer Engineering instead

I love programming but I also love sperging over politics...

Programming can be pretty fun, it's like digital legos. Of course, most of us work building dreadful corporate software that isn't fun at all, but we all have the dream of some day work on something we truly enjoy.

>interested in CS
>good at humanities but poor in sciences/maths

Yes. I wanted to be literature writer, but it did not last long. I figured out literature job is died in today's society because people do not need to read many books anymore because today people rather watching movie than reading books. That's why I gave up to be writer. Also, literature job can not earn a lot of money.

CS doesn't require """hard""" maths

>interested in humanities
>okay at CS
>bad at maths
studying CS, don't know where this will lead

It's really just algorithms that are shit, but that's the bear bones needed to be actually good at programming.

But it's not for everyone. I'm one of the idiots who's going to chase his dream to the end of the earth. I'll start a god damn game dev if it kills me.

Follow your dream