Why are Americans so obsessed with "identity" to the point that they make consumerism part of their identity?

Why are Americans so obsessed with "identity" to the point that they make consumerism part of their identity?

Same reason why this entire board is obsessed with identity.

damn... this billion dollar company are saints for helping that other billion dollar company, you have my respect sir...

People in the Balkans get all autistic about their national identity, but only Americans identify with brand names. Where does this come from?

>I'm a simple guy. When I see Mcdonalds, I upvote. When I see Burger King, I downvote.

>hmmm, why yes basing your identity on your blood makes just as much sense as basing it on your vidogame console

I actually respect brand loyalty. I'm not brand racist, tho, we should tolerate other brands and it is nice to try different ones sometimes.

Why not? I've got more in common with the PC master race then I do with some random white person.

>Why not? I've got more in common with the PC master race then I do with some random white person.

What do you and I have in common user? Why should I identify with you?

>i, describe myself, as a hot bloody taco bell identity

>he doesn't mention wendy's
you don't know anything about my country's culture. you think you know consumerism?
I was born in it. Molded by it...

Why are non Americans so obsessed with America?

>my guns, my body, my blood, are reserved only to protect the sovereignty of beloved white castle

Never suggested you identify with me you disgusting m*Tt, just that you got more incommon with the other 56% sharters than the 44% public defecators

>Apple Inc. is my city

>white castle
white castle is not a chain you'll commonly see throughout the US
for burgers, it's wendy's, McDonalds, burger king
taco bell is common
jack in the box wasn't common in denver colorado at all
popeyes is the best fast food here, fuck KFC, its not common in the PNW but it is in the south

>Fiji? NO FRICKIN WAY!!! I respect my Ancestors!! They were proud Coca Cola Guys and so do i!!!

>It's my duty as a comcast loyalist to support net neutrality

>Free Gun? NO! I am not a smith&wesson personal!!

>I agree with everything this guys says because he is an anime poster
>This guy is obviously wrong because he is a frogposter

Poland takes over a thread with racism and asspain. What a surprising turn of events

i am unironically a comcast loyalist, i'm not even mememing
americans love to talk shit about comcast but they're usually your only option if you don't want trash internet, at least here in washington state

if an american doesn't acknowledge his complacency to our consumer culture he's a fucking joke and might as well have a vagina

bepis is better anyway

That is actually correct on most levels. Applies to every kind of hobby.

>

live in my country and try to do any different faggot
i have like 2 viable phone plans to choose from

Thats because Washington is trash

it really is, and it actually goes beyond race
oregon has better people, washingtonians just act like they're better
I hate this state, i hope this place is the first american territory to ever get nuked if it happens, and i hope i'm here to see it

>People aren't allowed to have preferences for things they consume.

they respect me

>Why are non Americans so obsessed with America?
It makes them feel good about being a pathetic NEET.

Being mightily revalvent is kind of annoying at times

>Target? No thanks, I only shop at Walmart™®

>mfw it's Black Friday and I hear gunshots in the aisle because there's only one XBox left

>only Americans
Swiss do it too. Migros-chinder and Coop-chinder.

consumerism overrides identities you idiot
consumerism isn't an identity it is Ideology with the big I because it banishes all other ideology
consumerism becomes the rationality for everything

Because there's nothing to do in America besides consuming

This, desu

American life is nothing but mindless consumerism.

I'm a Tassoni guy, to be honest.

I'm Kymppi Mämmi™ -guy myself. Definitely the best mämmi bränd.

Fug, forgot the actual picture. Kymppi Mämmi™ is so good that at makes you lose your concentration.

Basato

consumerism is part of American identity you idiot