So Stannis LITERALLY left Dragonstone empty? Like, turned off the lights, closed the doors and left? wtf?

So Stannis LITERALLY left Dragonstone empty? Like, turned off the lights, closed the doors and left? wtf?

He wasn't very bright.

Especially if the lights were off.

fuck off with game of fedoras, reddit

Yeah. They couldve had the people he left there in the books still be there and maybe had the dragons attack the castle but that wouldve been too fun and wouldnt have empowered any feminists.

Probably left a skeleton force that bolted when they heard Khaleesi was coming. Bothered me a lot less than all the stronk womyn stuff they're shoehorning in.

Look at that castle. I bet 50 people can hold a castle like that for months. Thats what castles are built for.

this.
>Be one of Stannis's small garrison
>see a huge fleet of ships bearing the flag of the former owner of the castle
>get to steppin while they are still 5 miles out to sea
its that simple

These threads about empty dragonstone needs to stop.

not against dragons and a strong independent woman

how does this castle make any structural sense?

With what supplies?

>Look at that castle. I bet 50 people can hold a castle like that for months. Thats what castles are built for.

why though?? their king i dead, theres no reason for them to fight. they might be to hold out for a while but eventually theyd be over run. why die for no reason

Yes, no point in leaving valuables behind in an empty castle. Watch Lindybeige's video about sieges and castle life.

According to the book the Lannister's held the castle at this point, but they don't give a shit. Where's aegon btw?

The most retarded part isn't that Stannis abandoned the castle, but that nobody just claimed it or squatted there. If I was a peasant and there was a castle that nobody was using I would move in and check out the wine cellar, maybe fuck around drunk in the armory.

The Tyrells technically hold it and Loras is allegedly mortally wounded taking it.
>Where's aegon
Cut for Grey Worm x Missandei and shit cleaning montages

He was like "I'll be right back" and dabid said NO

and then when you saw this giant ass fleet with dragons flying above it, you bounce out of there real quick.

well yeah, I'm not claiming a royal seat I'm just squatting. A place with that much ornamental carving ought to have some escape tunnels.

It's an island mate, getting there is more trouble than its worth.

Not to mention it is winter so no one wants to risk all this effort just to get there and it is all empty.

and how do you know there arent random peasants squatting there?? they showed the great hall and a walkway. not every fucking closet.

Probably it was staffed with nonessential dudes who all quit when his house fell. It's not like the White House where it's staffed 24/7.

>Where's aegon btw?
he's king in the north. he'll meet and fuck aunt over the next few episodes

Dragon stone is known for all its supplies having to be shipped in. You would starve to death squatting there. Amazing the conversation has degraded this badly. Got fans are truly ignorant mouth breathers.

lord of light works in mysterious ways

faggot

The gate was unlocked. I think the first step to occupying a castle, even temporarily, should probably be securing the gate.

But that's retarded, he's an actual character in the book. Don't tell me GRRM introduced a last minute decoy aegon, that would just be too much.

GRRM probably told them that aegon isnt involved in the end game, so they cut him. same with arianne and most of dorne. they really fucked up dorne

LET US BEGIN.

But his daughter was, right up until the end.

whatever GRRM told D&D made them believe book Aegon wasn't really important in the end so he was cut. D&D then likely decided they'd just use the name for Jon

really no different then all the other cut characters. sadly for some reason it was decided that they needed to rush through everything and just finish the show so they've cut and change shit as much as possible while still getting the same ending. likely HBO just doesn't like the huge budget involved but that really doesn't make a lot of sense as they are making a killing off the show. budget is also the reason we're now getting short seasons

alright, without giving it away, how bad is it?

I wonder if they read their own scripts... rogue one wasn't led buy Jinn but by captain spic and robot quip.

as bad as we thought

Dragonstone was empty because Stannis took the men there with him to Braavos, where he is working with the Iron Bank to defeat the white walkers and take the throne.

When the White Walkers overwhelm Westeros, Stannis will sail back and save the day by slaying the Night Walker with his flaming sword, after the lord of light reveals that he was Azor Ahai all along.

that's why i'm still watching tbqh

That scene was meant to be analogous to the defeat of Nazi Germany, with Daenerys symbolically tearing down Stannis' banner at the end.

This is the dumbest high budget TV show ever produced.

We're so fucked

Stannis deserved to win

It is just irritating to go outside anymore. The trash is everywhere.

Why didn't anyone else take Dragonstone?

Send a fleet of 500 men to take it, tax it and defend it for years.

Of course he left there's nothing there, no ones ever wanted Dragonstone. Its just a jump off point for a mutivector invasion

You would have thought someone like the lannisters would have taken it after stannis left considering its strategic location for invading westeros

Guys, wtf. It says in the script it was abandoned. I mean geez. Does no one read the script?