Looking Back, The Rocky Horror Picture Show Hasn't Aged That Well

archive.is/OZ3pj

>Looking back at it now, I sounded like freakin’ GamerGate. I sounded like every other aggrieved son of privilege beating his chest because his toys made other people uncomfortable. It’s a weirdly conservative mindset for something that was supposed to be about breaking boundaries. A lot of the people I ran with considered offense to be the whole point of the enterprise, which is kind of bizarre for a film whose main tagline is "don't dream it, be it."

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA02B3DF2916DCFE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

politics aside drag shows were always a blight on the trans community, it's the equivelant of flamboyant, tacky gay pride parades for gays.
this movie is a complete mockery, it's like a 90 minute minstrel show.

He brought up Gamergate so he's probably retarded.

>only liberals can break boundaries

Phantom of the Paradise was better.

>We were offended by a film meant to be offensive, which is kind of bizarre
I see...

RHPS has aged very well. The music is timeless and the effects they threw in were modest enough that they don't take you out of the show when you're watching today.

I don't get it. The kind of provocative, carnevalesque showmanship has always been a staple of gay culture and still is. I mean, have those people ever been to a gay pride parade? There's a delight in being crass and weird and sticking it to a society that, historically, would have rather not acknowledged they exist.

The comparison with GamerGate is nonsensical. Video game hobbyists aren't and have never been victims of oppression. And GamerGate wasn't about that until fringe right crybabies like Milo Yiannopoulos brought their victim complex into it.

>I spend my day seeking out obscure articles about unimportant subjects then whine about them on Sup Forums
sad

A lot of what he's saying is actually why I tend to enjoy LGBT culture from the 70s like RHPS and early John Waters stuff more than the modern version.
Back then it seemed like it was all about embracing being a degenerate and enjoying being a provocative outcast. Nowadays it's all about forcing acceptance and trying to pass it off as normal.

drag shows have nothing to do with the """trans""" community you mentally ill faggot

we got a live one

Drag queens aren't trans

Gamergate did nothing wrong
Also, women and blacks still don't buy AAA video games, it's a stupid PR stunt to virtue signal about diversity

You don't watch RHPS 100 times because you felt the plot was thought-provoking. You watched it because the songs were nice to sing along with.

>women and blacks still don't buy AAA video games
Women sure, but blacks play video games(GTA, sports game, etc.), although you're technically right, they don't buy them, they steal them.

naw, it's a kike plot to reprogram our culture.

Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by jewish malice.

I genuinely don't understand RHPS.

I don't understand what it stands for or why it's supposed to be entertaining.

After spending so many years on imageboards I thought I understood American culture well but I guess not.

>jef rouner
I remember that guy sent a pedophile a picture of his own daughter.

Drag shows aren't about insulting gays, they're about insulting women.

Word

>blacks still don't buy AAA video games

What games do you think they play?

Blacks play fightan (especially weeb fightan) more than any other ethnicity in the US bitchboi

drug dealing and shit

It's entry level degeneracy that appeals to americans' puritan sensibilities, because all of the degenerates end up getting totally fucked.

Just what the hell do you think drug dealers do with their money?

buy gold jewelry?

hoes

>Blacks still don't buy AAA video games

Right so Madden and NBA 2K don't exist

>paying for jewelry
>>>>>paying for sex

You guys are really bad at this

I get what you're trying to say, like Black and White minstrel shows are nothing to do with black people. It's just white guys dressed up as black people in the most offensive way possible, same as how drag artists are non-trans blokes dressed up as comedy "bad" transsexuals.

>implying frank isn't a GOAT character

idk I'm a not a nigger, if they steal gold bling and pussy why don't they steal their vidya too? I'm white and I steal vidya.

they also steal more copies of them than any other ethnicity, Jamal

drag shows are fags dressed up as women, trans folk are mentally ill fags that actually think they are women

They don't have good computers or Internet connections dummy

This

proves the rule

literally every white and asian chad I know plays those games.

WE

>dressed up as comedy "bad" transsexuals.

Trannies wish they looked so good

This.
Trannies look like lanky nerds with long greasy metalhead hair 99% of time.
Drag queens put an ounce of effort into their looks and play the bimbo shit for laughs.
It's the difference between being ironically retarded and actually retarded

Once upon t hey were freaks
And now today they are supposed to be "normal"

fucking disgusting

Provocative fun subversion versus authoritarian groupthink. Everything is been inverted now.

goobergate are the retarded ones.

Gamergate here, AMA.

>the Overton window has shifted so far to the left that the Rocky Horror Picture Show is now considered conservative hatespeech

whites don't buy games either, but they call it """copying""" instead of stealing

>Gamergate did nothing
ftfy

THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES IS HANGING OVER MY HEAAAAAAD

rocky horror picture show is the most reddit thing in existence and i could kick james currys ass

>another retard ruining the greatest thing the gay community has to offer
you make me sick

how the fuck is this seriously getting replies

Funny thing is most Drag shows were run by strait men, a lot of dude who wear drag are strait white dudes. But the whole movement was co-opted by the gays years later, I know a few closeted drag queens who got pushed out nearly ten years ago.

horseshoe bastards

THAT AIN'T NO CRIME

>"No u!" he said, lacking every bit of self-awareness.

Because it's wrong, but it's not 100% wrong, but it's worded in such a manner to beg for attention despite what little point it has. Just like the OP article.

AND I GOT A FEELING SOMEONES GONNA BE CUTTING THE THREAD

THAT AIN'T NO CRIME

OH WOE IS ME

never watched it because i'm not a fag/woman

Shock Treatment is superior anyway

>I see you shiver, with anticip-

MY LIFE IS A MYSTERY

AND CAN'T YOU SEE

THAT I'M AT THE START OF A PRETTY BIG DOWNER

Honestly
It even managed to have a better man in drag show on top of having a better score and plot

SHALALALALA THAT AIN'T NO CRIME

OH NO NO NO

SHALALALA THAT AIN'T NO CRIME

OH NO NO NO

SHALALALALA THAT AIN'T NO CRIME! THAT AINT NO CRIME!

>There's a delight in being crass and weird and sticking it to a society that, historically, would have rather not acknowledged they exist.
Are you saying society still doesnt want to acknowledge gays and they are just forcing it on us? Or are you saying gays are very ungrateful and even sadistic towards society?

SHALALA

I CRIED

music
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA02B3DF2916DCFE8

>Looking Back, The Rocky Horror Picture Show Hasn't Aged That Well
Is this really surprising? Rocky Horror was the very definition of a fad. Do those ever age well?

>Phantom of the Paradise was better.
Patrician taste

>Provocative fun subversion versus authoritarian groupthink. Everything is been inverted now.
Oh hey, a current generation with different philosophy and goals to the previous generation. How shocking!

> Looking Back, The Rocky Horror Picture Show Hasn't Aged That Well

Yes and no. It's a cult film for a reason, but like many have pointed out, SJWs have normalized stuff in the movie to the point where it's not fun anymore.

The overwhelmingly gaudy production of it is a perfect fit for a story about two prude WASPs discovering something wild. The casting is perfect, too.

The climax is a bit underwhelming, and it doesn't tie together as well as the concept maybe deserves, but it's a thoroughly entertaining movie.

Drag shows are no more anything to do with the "trans community" than the musical Cats is related to the "otherkin community"

I don't understand the compulsion to compare them.

RHPS is a cult classic because it was never popular when it came out and never became popular except for weirdos who do it because it is weird.

RHPS is still weird and either weirdos or people who are pretending to be weird for a day go to it. At best you can say that modern society as degenerated to such a point that there isn't anything shocking or weird in it.

>watch RHPS
>it is tame compared to reality

Gamergate was originally (for a week before Sup Forums hijacked it) about Sup Forums wanting to stick it to shit game reviewers who gave crap games 10/10 scores. Then it became chanology 1.5

SCIENCE FICTION
DOUBLE FEATURE
DR. X WILL BUILD A CREATURE
SEE ANDROIDS FIGHTING BRAD ASSHOLE! AND JANET SLUT!
ANNE FRANCIS STARS IN FORBIDDEN PLANET

checked