mtv.com/news/2929690/sully-tom-hanks-clint-eastwood-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=GXUz-Nntyks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not diverse enough

One of my favourites. Masterpiece.

john wayne was a racist sob and isnt welcome on Sup Forums

The duke was great. All the other actors sucked ass

the subplot between wayne and the wife was pretty bold for its time period

So they took Taxi Driver and made a western out of it.

this

uhh you don't get to like sexist movies in this year

missed the point entirely

>missed the point of a racist movie

I think I'll live, sweetie.

The final shot is one of if not the best shot in all of cinema.

I wish movies still looked like this. Now they're 99% shot in makeshift studios in front of a greenscreens.

John Wayne was right tho. have you ever spent time in an indian reservation? they are fucking savages. don't do shit but drink petrol and huff paint. If it wasn't for that government money they'd be living on the streets like the worthless fucking bums they are.

This was dull as fuck. Was I supposed to like John Wayne and his acting? The pacing was weird. When I thought they had been out searching for a couple of weeks, it had suddenly been five years. What kind of shitty cowboys are they anyway who can't find a girl in five years? Also, am I really supposed to believe the movie was set in Texas when the first thing it shows me is Monument Valley?

Agreed. I tried this old man shit and it was shit. Think I'll just stick with Marvel and Star Wars for now lol.

>diverse
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy Sup Forums Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.

There are many good westerns, but this isn't one.

don't get why people masturbate over the final shot desu, it's just someone closing a door

Reminds me of the aboriginals here in Australia. Fucking savage assholes that rape their kids, huff petrol and don't have any respect.

Must be a nigger thing.

brainlets

They probably see some deep symbolism or metaphor in it and think they're intelligent.

It's too complex for either libtards or Stormfags. It's a film that can only be appreciated by centrists who can see beyond morality and realize the tragic dynamic that men caught in times of change are subjected to. No one does anything wrong in the film, because there was no right way to conquer the continent or defend it.

Unfortunately in the world of snap judgments, this kind of film is unappreciated for its lack of pontificating. People still want a God in their narratives to mediate the chaos... They never stop to wonder why God would want anything to do with the whole bloody affair.

Title could be better

A time tested pleb filter.

fuckyou/10 bait, and I personally loved how Ford overused monument valley.

The only problem with it is Ford's inner showman can't stop itself from randomly inserting comedic bits that are largely immaterial to the theme and narrative. I think he had uncertainty about dwelling on them too much for the time.

Bait, but there's a point to the pacing. Nothing at all leads anyone to think this is a multi year long crusade other than the dialog.

I just watched this for the first time a week ago after seeing my dad. I'm more of a Clint Eastwood kind of guy, so I asked him what is some good John Wayne since that's what he likes. He said I would like this, and he didn't disappoint. It's pretty much like Sup Forums wrote his character.

One of the best westerns and Wayne's best performance

I recently watched it and I couldn't see the greatness of it. I love classic westerns, but this one was odd.

As someone else said, it didn't feel like the time was passing at the pace that was proclaimed in the dialogue. I certainly didn't feel those great lengths and time periods and because of that Wayne's characters' 180's (like wanting to shoot the girl in one scene and then embracing her in the end) felt unnatural.

I liked that the protagonist was kind of unlikable by design.

Its scorsesesahugefag tier

Imagine being that person who doesn't look at movies for the story, characters, cinematography or messages but only look if the film is diverse enough. How can you live with yourself?

his best western

not enough dead injuns thou

>it's a all people and cultures are equally good episode
when will this gimmick stop

mtv.com/news/2929690/sully-tom-hanks-clint-eastwood-review/

>looking at movies for messages

I have never once seen a movie benefit from having an important so-called message.

Inside Llewyn Davis made me give up my musical career, even though that wasn't the exact message.

Great film that's almost perfect.

The comedic bits destroy a lot of what the film had going for it similar to how the whimiscal soundtrack on The Third Man ultimately hindered my experience with that film as well.

Still gives me goosebumps
youtube.com/watch?v=GXUz-Nntyks