Hey Sup Forums could somebody explain Islam to me? I work with a lot of muslims...

Hey Sup Forums could somebody explain Islam to me? I work with a lot of muslims. I sometimes get a lift home with them and we talk about the quran vs the catholic bible.

They stated the Quran is the untouched word of god etc. Which I have heard before. I asked them if there was two parts to their holy book as I have heard that Muhammed was a war lord or something along those lines.

These muslims obviously hate the extremists taliban and ISIS and state to me that this is not true Islam because it does not represent peace which is the central theme of their religion.

I believe that these 'contemporary muslims' are practicing kind of like a bastardized version of their religion, like the way moderate christians have changed their religions each generation for example including gays recently etc.

The taliban/al-queda people seem to be the ones who are following the Quran word for word. Much like the way the Westboro Baptist Church is following the catholic bible word for word which creates their distorted world view.

Discuss/explain the Quran from an unbiased view please?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n5Nu6EabQD8
youtube.com/watch?v=ERou_Q5l9Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=LXBgqa-xQwY
youtube.com/watch?v=lpR0qbt41es
amazon.com/Catastrophic-Failure-Blindfolding-America-Jihad/dp/1511617500
youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBgqa-xQwY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7_YQ53lfI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcoMB8nJWmw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TDVrk1gdIYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its questionable they would choose to worship a genocidal warlord to begin with, even if they don't follow his teachings to a t. Why follow him at all if that's the case - the quran explicitly tells adherents to kill infidels. Jesus never killed anyone, if people walked away from his preaching he didn't chase them down and behead them as an example, jesus never taught a sure way to getting to heaven is to become a religious martyr and die in a battle against infidels. If they doesn't do what Muhammad teaches, why even consider themselves muslim?

allah is synonymous with
serpent/dragon/adversary/prince of darkness

>These muslims obviously hate the extremists taliban and ISIS and state to me that this is not true Islam because it does not represent peace which is the central theme of their religion.

thats just no true scotsman fallacy

no one can objectively define islam or "muslim"

Ask them what they think of the sun sinking in a waterhole at night.

I meant the muslims I work with obviously hate the extremists always saying it's not islam, it's not islam! They get very angry that the Australian public semi-hates them.

The people I work with really hate gay people lol

youtube.com/watch?v=n5Nu6EabQD8

youtube.com/watch?v=ERou_Q5l9Gw

youtube.com/watch?v=LXBgqa-xQwY

youtube.com/watch?v=lpR0qbt41es

half way through these. They told me to read the Quran. Should I melt their minds by quoting this shit and report back?

They are deluded and deceived.

Islam denies the Divinity of Jesus Christ and his resurrection . do not listen to them.. it may cost you your life but remain firm in your faith and you will have everlasting life in Jesus Christ.

Thank god I'm an atheist

Came here to post this. David Wood is unparalleled. Definitely the best out of the Condell/Geller/Wilders crowd.

Go. Away. Muzzie. Convert. Trash.

Reminder:

When the quran says peace, it means that ultimate peace is when all infidels are converted and the entire world is a caliphate under sharia law.
That is the peace which islam seeks.

Bring them to JESUS

>The taliban/al-queda people seem to be the ones who are following the Quran word for word. Much like the way the Westboro Baptist Church is following the catholic bible word for word which creates their distorted world view.
Confirmed for bait

>genocidal
>the quran explicitly tells adherents to kill infidels
If they attack you and to let them in peace if they let you in peace

epin

Do and get your shit handed to you when you realise all Sup Forums does is fight strawmen to get upvotes from the crowd

Not true. Not even ISIS claims world domination. Only over muslim majority countries

The Westboro Baptist Church is not catholic you mongoloid

I don't think there's anything wrong with creating a syncretic bastardized form of a religion, but then again I'm not religious

Yeah accident- Baptist obviously

Christians in 2016 aren't bombing people though

Im pretty sure its not islam itself that is problematic. Sure their prophet is not the most reputable person. But the main problem is wahhabism, and its teachings. That is what the extremists follow, in the name of islam.

Okay so in 600 ad

Muhammad was most likely a Christian or even a Jew. They were Arab mercenaries who likely fought in what was called "the Great War" between Rome and Persia. The war exauhsted the power both great empires and left a vacuume in the levant just like today.

The other thing going at the time was called iconoclasm, the idea that trying to depict God was sacrilegious because you cannot truly capture his divinity.

Also the plague of Justinian had greatly reduced the population.

Okay so this Jew mercinary was like an iconoclast freak; he thought the Jews and Christians were major sinners so, he claims an angle literally flys down to tell him that the Persians Jews and Christians have it all fucked up and that's why they've been punished by plague and war and its your job to set it straight and show them the light by conquest of neccrssary (remember he was probably a mercenary for Rome)

So Muhammad leads his Arab buddies into a rapid power consolidation of the Arabian peninsula and then expands into the levant into said power vacuume.

He dies and then the debate between Sunni and Shia arises out of who the proper heir of the caliphate should be.

The real problems with Islam and why it is so violent arise out of a stew things.

a) Islam comes with a legal code,sharia. It isn't just the Ten Commandments but an actual legal system of crimes and punishments

B) it claims that the world MUST become Islamic by any means beccesary, by sword or by mission. Everyone must be Islamic. The Jews and Christians are allowed to stay Jews and Christians but they must pay homage to the caliph and follow the true law of God sharia.

C) it claims to be the literal word of God. The best comparison I've heard is that the Quran is the equivalent of Jesus to Muslims. Unlike the bible and Torah that have been revised and translated and studied and parses the Quran says "no, this is the ultimate truth. This is gods connection into the world . Cont

>some Christians in the middle/dark ages
>kill non-believers and conquer their lands
>dogmatic leaders say deus vult

>some Muslims now
>kill non-believers and try to conquer their land
>dogmatic leaders say allahu ackbar

>any time, anywhere
>people tell others that it's good and just to kill others with some other justification

Religion isn't the problem, killing and exploiting others is in the human nature, just like helping each other, cheating on each other etc

Because of those three things Muslims think god literally wants them to turn the world islamic, it isn't up for interpretation and they must do it by any means necessary. Any insult or criticism of theb Quran or Muhammad is literally sacrilegious because you are not allowed to criticize the literal word of God.

Even worse is the Quran is borderline unreadable, by here are whole paragraphs that don't even make fucking sense so over cebturies different Imams and caliphs have written "hadiths". Which are basically essay's on what the Quran really means. And because those were written by men at specific times thy are tainted with the political slant of the time.

Islam is a mess, it shouldn't be classified a religion because it is not a religioun it is a political movement of world conquest.

Anyone that tells you different is ignorant or a liar.

I'd argue that he wasn't Iconoclast, but part of Arianism. I'd make more sense, considering its popularity and the base of its heresy being the separation between God and Christ.

I agree, though. Muhammed was nothing but a heretic that held unto Arabic pagan beliefs, hence the association of names with the moon god and God.

No Islam is a world apart read what I wrote, Islam never had action taken against it. It burst onto the scene immediately bent on conquest and did conquer massive swaths of land in Asia and Africa shortly after its creation.

Islam is not "ho hum just a religion". Like others, it is hard for us in the west to accept that because it calls into question our ideas of equality and freedom.

Islam is a horrible thing, it is a trap for the people who live under it. Stifling progress and advocating war and conquest

It should be seen as a dangerous ideology and it should be crushed and destroyed

I suppose that is possible, the moon stuff is definitely an Arab intigration however most of the Arabs were already Christians or Jews at the time (keep in mind that what Arab Christians believed was certainly nothing like what we believe today or even what contemporary romans believed)

However Arianism was more or less settled at the time Muhammad came around which is why I say iconoclasm as that was the theological issue of the day.

But yes I'm sure Muhammad had a lot more issues with the Christians and Jews than just icons

>wasting time with this bullshit

Have you honestly nothing better to do with your time?

>These muslims obviously hate the extremists taliban...

You tried

good vids

bump so more Sup Forums sees this. This shit is important.

>Thank god I'm an atheist

lolwut?

Arabic countries probably thought the same about Christianity before the Rennaisance
>islamic world is prospering
>why're all those christian dudes slamming each other's head in for being catholetes protestants and anglicans

Daily reminder that Islam is a religion seeking peace through conquest. The Quran contains the direct word of God, and therefore is explicitly NOT open for interpretation. There is a verse specifically confirming this. Any Muslim who says they follow a different interpretation than ISIS is not a Muslim at all, but an apostate. The punishment for Apostates and nonbelievers is death and it is the duty of every Muslim to kill or convert every nonbeliever. Any "interpretation" of Islam different from that of ISIS (the majority of Muslims fall in line with ISIS) is factually NOT Islam, according to the Quran and agreed upon Islamic law.

This is a clash of civilizations and a holy war that has been occurring for centuries. There is a reason why western soldiers are referred to as Crusaders.

You must read this book if you want to survive.

amazon.com/Catastrophic-Failure-Blindfolding-America-Jihad/dp/1511617500

The myth of moderate Muslims

youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

Read the Koran with an exegesis of your choice and make your own opinion.

You'd be delusional if you think anyone here has has a clue. It's just people regurgitating memetic knowledge and naively forwarding the propaganda of political groups using religion as a recruitment instrument.

Fuck off, muzzie, taqiya elsewhere, faggot.

Fuck off Haji I read your drivel "Quran"

You live under an ideology of world conquest, Fucking drop islam as soon as possible.

ISLAM=ISIS

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBgqa-xQwY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7_YQ53lfI

>Im pretty sure its not islam itself that is problematic

Stop being ignorant, watch at least

>Read the Koran

Wich one?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dcoMB8nJWmw

Ones migrating to Aus are from well off families. Mostly from bangladesh also surrounded by other religions. I think they fall into that blue ring, desu I'm scared to question them further

Algeria thinks Islam is true. Ayy lmao.

Between the based Nips and Poo in loo's asians are we more based than I ever imagined.

It is Salafism, praising the path to God instead of praising God himself. It would be like someone did everything that is done in the Old Testament. But whites have enough IQ not to do that, while shitskins don't

All ye need know.

Muslims will defend this.
It's fun to watch them squirm and rationalize and try to change the subject.

>They stated the Quran is the untouched word of god etc.
It's one of the lines that make their religion more dangerous. It's actually the word of god to them, while something like the Bible was written by humans. So direct quote vs. someone explaining something.

Leaves less to the imagination/ open for interpretation. Be careful around them, like Mormons or Johova's they sometimes try to present themselves a certain way to give people a certain impression. Women in Canada sometimes end up kidnapped or have their children kidnapped who go to a muslim country with a muslim guy. "He seemed nice until..." kind of shit.

draw a picture of muhhamad drowning in pig blood and see how peacufully they'll react

If you value your life and that of your family you will not talk about the quran at all to muslims.

Not so great Great britain

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TDVrk1gdIYg

Ex-muslim Arab here, The reason I left Islam was because we were told that allah is all-powerful.
I read the Quran many times in its original language. Nothing lost in translation.
And here what I found out.
Allah is all powerful
He can do anything
He wants people to follow Islam or go to hell for eternity
sinners might go to hell or be forgiven.
He can make all people like angels but he won't.
He would rather let them be and punish them for eternity.
Which means he is evil.
But the Quran says he is all powerful and all good.
Since he can't be evil and I believe him to be very evil thus he doesn't exist.

Quran is like a constitution, since it is both religious and political. Quran says to fight when under attack and be a peaceful nation when not, like any other country. the isis and muslims in other country are not in the same situation. hence they dont follow different rules.
also The ISIS is obviously way more extreme and brutal that what quran says, but the idea of fighting when oppressed is there in quran

Muhammed was a warmongering, mass-murdering pedophile and the Koran is a book of his collected ramblings telling people how they should live, while the Hadith tries to explain Muhammed's bullshit.
Islam is the youngest major religion, but it also has the highest death count BY FAR collecting 270,000,000 people in 1400 years.

Any other questions about Islam?
Your friends and co-workers are good people despite being Muslim, Not because of it.

Islam is the antithesis of peace and it's self evident every single time you look at the statistics or an Islamic Caliphate.

Maltheism.