Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J47ENHSomc8
youtube.com/watch?v=2uHSv1asFvU
youtube.com/watch?v=bkf1Pm5o-iE
skeptic.com/reading_room/the-unlikeliest-cult-in-history/
aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/racism.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sj9Gsq8zTZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ayn Rand is a sociopathic cunt and I hope none of you take her seriously.

>If love is selfless devotion, love of the other is incompatible with love of the self. There can be no love without abdication of your dreams.

This may be true, but the quote isn't bad. Money is not the root of any significant evil.

I don't remeber exactly, but it's something like "I'm Prometheus and I shall withdraw my fire until the gods withdraw their vultures/eagles"

Ayn Rand is alright, but Machiavelli is where's it at.

I don't know about the sociopath thing, but she certainly was not a very good writer, nor philosopheress, for that matter. Pretty much a poor (wo)man's Nietzsche with an economic bent.

Rand was kind of a cunt but that's seriously a good point, I had never thought that way.

Literally made me think.

Ayn Rand is a kike. Fuck off.

what a noob. the source quote goes: "the *love* of money is the root of all evil." not money itself.

The quote isnt even true in the strictest sense, because you dont need to produce anything necessarily to have money
But i guess for civilised society it might be true for people who are of the same soxio economic class

My personal favorite is:

youtube.com/watch?v=J47ENHSomc8

The dumbest quote ever

>ITT cringe

lolberterians fuck off, this is a Fascist board now.

"...[Palestinians are] totally primitive savages..."
youtube.com/watch?v=2uHSv1asFvU

I think this is the hoe from hooters I fucked last week.

Do you want pictures?

>you dont need to produce anything necessarily to have money
Example?

It's not a good point. It's manipulative kike behavior that is based on a lie.

Why do people here hate Ayn Rand? She is a based Sup Forums leader.

She, like a typical jew criticized collectivism yet surrounded herself by jews and was biased for Israel.

Nationalism for me but not for thee, goy.

>Ayn Rand knows better than the Bible

What?

She also hated communists because they chased her exploitative ruling class Jew family out of Russia.

She basically vocally hated everything not pro-Semite

>Ayn Rand
You mean ((((((((Alisa Rosembaum)))))))?

Moron. She got the quote wrong. Its "the LOVE OF money is the toot of all evil." No thinking person thinks just money itself is the root of all evil because anyone with a third of a braincell doesnt need to have the concept of money explained to them. Im a conservative libertarian and Ayn Rand is fucking overrated

Do you have some favorite quotes?

>ignoring that the state of israel was created by a terrorist organisation that killed many, even UN officials
Russian-jew, the worst combination on the planet.

Also jew claiming money isnt evil!
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
GOYIM!

wth i hate horace andy now

youtube.com/watch?v=bkf1Pm5o-iE

>Thinking these are contradictory points

You're poor, aren't you?

But what if I'm my own boss or I own a business? What is a spook then?

I participated in the Ron Paul forums in 2007 before bringing up how that interview didn't exactly square with,

>Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.

and getting booted out (but not before offering a more than a few of the members a hit off my crack pipe with the red pills stuffed in it).

>The bible
>Turn the other cheek
>Obey authorities
>Give up all you have
>(((Heaven)))
>(((Hell)))
No.

Machiavelli is more or less the embodiment of Rand's philosophy: rational self interest.

>work for your boss because he pays you
>respect others' right to property because becoming a thief isn't conducive to a fulfilling and thriving life

She is right about this though right? It's that evil is technically reality. That is the issue. You think Gravity is evil right? It's a sociopath. So in this way your right.

One should judge groups and individuals by different standards:
>individuals by the "content of their character"
>groups by the societies they produce when left to themselves

yes

No she's twisting the argument. Its not the paper or metal money that's evil. It's the greed and abuse of power that comes with it.
She was an evil cunt.

>Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of other men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice--there is no other.

>In the 1960s, college students forcibly occupied administration buildings, demanding courses in “black studies.” Today, every major university features full departments (and even some designated dormitories and cafeterias) for a variety of ethnic excogitations. Today, instead of violent sit-ins, there has been a quiet coup by “diversity committees,” whose authoritarian thought-police reign on campuses and who banish “politically incorrect” dissenters to the dungeons of re-education seminars.

The problem with money is that it's possible to make money from it without doing or producing anything useful. If we could design a system where that kind of profit were impossible or at least more effort involved than just producing something, the the evil around it could not exist.

The Prince talks about how to control people from a position of power, and how absolute control is vital to the prosperity of the state. That isn't self-interest; it's exercising your powers to produce the best state for your people.

Satanism is pretty gud tho m8 not gonna lie

I know a satanist and he's a super down to earth guy. A bit edgy but friendly and non-judgmental. I hope you weren't trying to make Ayn Rand's philosophy look bad with this post, friend :^)

Yes, she does

money that can be exchanged for gold is not a problem, but fiat currency is, because it's like cancer, it will keep growing until it kills the host.

>groups by the societies they produce when left to themselves
agreed, sadly cultural marxism doesn't allow that at this moment. When blacks produce poverty the question is never "what are blacks doing wrong?" it's "how did we(whites) cause this?".

I think free market money is better: whatever the parties to the transaction agree to exchange with no state involvement.

Apparently she formed a cult and KEKED her husband. Also the protagonst in Atlas Shrugged KEKED two men.
skeptic.com/reading_room/the-unlikeliest-cult-in-history/
She had some interesting ideas though.

this tbqh familia

could she become so popular in country other than US&A?

>comparing to satanism because hurr satan is bad
Satanists are terribly edgy, but don't commit crimes or shit like that, they're harmless.

Why would anyone trust this horrible Jewish slut Ayn Rand? Look at her eyes. Full psychopath.

My Queene!

Because of this

aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/racism.html

The quote is money is the root of evil, not that money is evil, nor that everything that comes from money is evil.

Not to mention money, as a concept, is different from production

Ayn Rand is a philosopher in the same way that my cat is a nuclear physicist. If you ever subject yourself to reading some of Rand's non-fiction work, you'll see what I mean. Her arguments can be refuted by any freshman who took Philosophy 101. She makes references to Aristotle and Nietzsche but egregiously misreads them both, making one wonder whether she ever actually read more than selected snippets of either. Call her a charlatan, a fraud, a raging ideologue – but let's reserve the term philosopher for those who do real philosophy.

It is. There is enough food on Earth to end world hunger ten times over. But what stops the hungry from having that surplus food? MONEY. That's evil.

Never read Atlas Shrugged, but reading through amazon reviews I'm finding a lot of butthurt lefties whining about how it doesn't conform to their world views.

Anybody here read this? Is Rand's philosophy broken, or is this just a case of left-wing whining?

A mix.
It directly opposes left-wingers, but its also kinda broken on a few fundamental levels.

It has some good stuff to say. But alot is wrong or broken.

Reminder that the only reason she is more famous than Nozick is that she wrote novels for Dunning-Kruger morons.

Nozick is the infinitely better libertarian philosopher of the last century.

Machiavelli is more Nietzschean than an embodiment of Rand's philosophy. He's more of a master/slave dynamic where a master should fool and not give a shit about anything for the sake of its citizens.
It's a normal confusion since Rand's philosophy is part Nietzschean by nature. I mean hell, there's even a part in the Fountainhead here Rand's hero meets with a Nietzschean and they seem to get along well.

It's almost entirely left-wing whining which you can safely ignore. Most libshit "critics" probably haven't read the book.

I admit I couldn't get through it, but it had nothing to do with her philosophy. It was her wooden sex scenes.

I just want people to actually point out what is broken. I don't mean to get all "not an argument" on you. I just don't hear in depth criticism to her. It's always superficial.

I haven't gotten around to reading Nietsche yet. Which character is the Nietschean? Wynand?

It's a bit of both. The book itself is low brow on purpose and past the first 300+ pages becomes an absolute bore. People either completely misunderstand her as an endorsement of psychopathy (which she did, but so long as you didn't infringe on personal rights) because that's just how capitalism rolls best, or they think that the book is an endorsement of the master/slave dichotomy that the rich should do whatever the fuck they want, which is not what her philosophy is even about.

Her philosophy is simple overall.

There is only existence and nothing else.
Your consciousness exist and is how you relate yourself to the world.
Your senses can't be tricked but it doesn't mean they aren't reliable, so use your rationality to survive.
Individualism is the foundation of all moral and values. Collectivism (altruism is often misunderstood by her intent but she was correct in this) is the root of all evil.
Live life which gets you the most happy without infringing on other people's personal rights.
Values are stacked by their importance to you and what gives you happiness. Always maintain moral absolutism unless your survival and life are at stake, but at that point, society would be fucked.
Helping someone if fine so long as it doesn't make them dependent on you. Train your body so that if shit does happen and you have to risk your life to save someone, you will be able to do so (like someone drowning or in a burning fire). People often claim that if someone was drowning, an Objectivist wouldn't risk sacrificing their life. And I would argue that one has to train themselves to the point where you wouldn't feel at risk. Risking your life wouldn't be a sacrifice.
Capitalism is the best system that lets you do whatever you want to earn your living. Keeping money and doing nothing with it is stupid, always invest it to make even more money, creating and endless cycle of more money that fuels itself. (someone a naive view but meh).

Yep.
He's a bit of a mix bad on representing Nietzche's philosophy. He's essentially that famous quote 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' with a fixation on obtaining power for the sake of it and ruling over the plebs. But because his power was directly created by feeding the plebs, when he does his own shit, he gets fucked for it and cracks.
A Nietzchean would just say fuck it and try again but Wynand was kind of fucked.
His name is rather cute too. His name, Gale Wynand is basically Gale and Wind. Meaning he'll change whatever he wants depending on where the wind blows. Thus when the plebs bitch about something, he'll change his stance.

An objectivist would tell his audience to fuck off, that his art is whatever it is and that his audience and customers should just eat it and shut up, that the artist itself is the harshes critic who wants to perfect his craft.
This is obviously too idealistic and not all artist are this self regulating but the intent is still good. When SJW bitch that an artist needs to change something, an artist should stand his ground and not move. It's his product to sell, not the audience to decide how it should be made. The public often doesn't know what it wants until it is created. Then people flock like masses wanting more.

>Your senses can't be tricked
Oups, your senses can* be tricked (through illusions)

The face of Ayn Rand is arguably the true face of capitalism. I agree with Zizek when he says that people view her as an embarrassment to philosophy due to how simple she makes philosophy.

youtube.com/watch?v=sj9Gsq8zTZ0

I'm still reading Atlas Shrugged. I have to admit, were it not for the sex scenes which are absolutely atrocious and hamfisted into the narrative, it would be a pretty fun read. Obviously I recognize the characters are absurd caricatures and the storyline requires a high level of abstraction from what would actually ever happen, but it's still pretty fun to follow the falls and triumphs of the primary characters. On top of that, I think the underlying themes are worthy of consideration. I don't have an exact quote to contribute, but I gotta say that this book gave me a perspective on "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" that I'd never had before.

There's a lot of rly mks u think shit in Atlas Shrugged

The sex scenes are interesting.
Ayn Rand proposes that people should be stoic (for the sake of capitalism and making money) but show their emotions in bed while having sex.

Her view of "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" is basically Aristotle's ''who should the best flute be played by? The best flute player, obviously!'' in a capitalistic modern view.
She has a rather distaste view of equality overall.

If the emotions were anything other than "Pls Francisco dominate the fuck out of me" or "Omg Dagny I'm going to dominate the fuck out of you because I deserve to because I'm fucking amazing" then it would be fine.
I suppose I just don't have a taste for those sorts of scenes.

As far as her views of equality, I've got to agree with her and Aristotle. Everyone should be equal by law, but it would be absurd to think everyone was literally equal.

People always bring up examples of shit people who like her work yet are complete hypocrites (like conservatives who praise her work, yet are Christians themselves) or talk about the bad prose. Or how the characters are walking mouthpieces.

Atlas shrugged is a fucking boring piece of capitalistc jew fascist propaganda that could only come from a jewess from the fallen Russian Empire. It is so full of unnecessary details i bet she was just struggling to get more sheckel per character.

She argued that women should be submissive by nature, which somewhat fits in the rest of the philosophical history of seeing women as worthless shits, so meh. There's a weird power dynamic play in her sex scenes which fuel the passion and enjoyment. But I don't find it weird since of the old saying 'a women loves a nazi or a man in an uniform, or her father (or something along those lines, I forgot). Basically women love to be dominated.

Like when Rearden is having sex with Dagny and he wants to know who she used to love, and she refuses to tell which fuels his passion to fuck (rape?) her more. I personally found all that fine until Galt shows up and Dagny goes all HOLY FUCK, I MUST BE WITH HIM which makes her look like a slut who just wants sex.

I somewhat have a suspicion that Ayn Rand always wanted to be dominated and broken (like in those doujins) but never found her intellectual match because she was always surrounded by yes men.

The communist took her father's pharmacy and she had to walk barefeet in the snow with her family to escape getting killed. Atlas Shrugged is basically the story of her father (and other smart people) leaving Russia to America.

What stops's them growing their own.

Save yourself the time and just read John Galt's speech. The rest is just hours of your life you will never get back. Fucking Russians can't ever be concise.

Of communist jews took property from some liberal jews while destroying Russia. What a sad story.

Then how do you explain Tolstoy? He never met an editor either.

Galt's speech is endlessly long but it makes absolute sense when you change parasites to SJW. It fits them so perfectly that it's insane.

Tolstoy was a pretty shitty person with a lot of free time and too forgiving wife who beared all his shit and recorded his stories after him. Heck, she might have even altered something without him knowing it.

A great thinker, though.

Honestly, I don't understand why he is so popular in the west.

Bulgakov deserves this level of popularity much more.

Tolstoy didn't have to live in an authoritarian state, Bulgakov did.

Paraphrase

"The way things are are so different from how they ought to be, that one who focuses on how things ought to be as opposed to how they are, secures only his downfall."

"You need to be a fox in order to avoid traps, but also a lion to scare off the wolves."

"It is better to be feared than loved if you cannot be both."

>"It is better to be feared than loved if you cannot be both."

Amen to that.

Guess I have to read that shit now.

One is a disgusting waste of space. A piece of shit that should be killed by having his face stomped in. A retarded fucking scumbag who should get Ebola.

The other is a Satanist.

It's not honestly worth reading imo

I personally hate that quirky quote, but heh

Who actually thinks that money is the root of evil? Human nature is the root of evil, our animalistic instincts which were the reason for our survival in earlier eras are also the reason why we can't transcend into a better species as a whole.

>Money is the material shape of principle

Principle of what? Fucking everyone over? Thats the only priciple wealthy people seem to share.

Money creates greed etc etc.

>that's evil
Most people who don't have food live on either africa or india, they have the tools needed to end their hunger but the only thing preventing them to do so is their own stupidity.

It's a great book. A bit long winded though. I decided to just listen to the audiobook on youtube.

EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW I'VE LEARNED IN AP ENGLISH

Fyy

witnessed

praying for a cute trap gf

There's a documentary about some Chinese trying to set up a cement factory and the people keep fucking shit up with lazy excuses.
I can't remember the name but there's a famous Sup Forums image quote about it.

Ayn who? It looks like a she merchant.

Inheritance and technically when you are a tertiary worker (working with services) you are not producing anything.

thats a misquote of the saying, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil

I know that, Empire of Dust.

She never gave a shit about the jews because that's collectivism.