Oh yeah, that happened

>Oh yeah, that happened

Other urls found in this thread:

jamesskemp.github.io/gits-matrix/page1.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_The_New_Movie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why does this hag keep getting parts?

Watch it last night,it was good until the "Oh shit we need to wrap this thing up" and fell apart.

>We've got this shell like what we call the body right!
>We put your soul, which we like to call a ghost, in it.
>Like a "Ghost in the Shell" if you will...

i fell asleep at the theater watching this. i was drunk but still..

You didn't miss a thing,they were reusing the same sets over and over.

I hope everyone did appreciate the amazing visuals at least, right? It's like half the shots were paintings

the bits where she's naked, it looks like she is wearing a thick barbie doll suit.

Thick, not THICC

>it was good until

no, it's terrible from the get go.

It was pretty good, definitely better than the reviews make it out to be.

Also mad respecs for Avalon reference.

>no, it's terrible from the get go.
They did a good job on making a city that we can relate to,all the same shit but with way more technology.
It worked for me and established the world nicely.
But then OMG EVIL CORP kidnapped and raped my ass.

Decent film. Better than Wonder Woman.

I had the opportunity to watch it on a good setup,there were CG parts that really felt like made by amateurs especially during city scenes in daytime.

Story had all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Not that the original animu was all that intelligent or coherent, but it certainly aimed much higher.

Some nice production design I guess, but forgettable. Will be used to sell TVs in the coming holiday season.

>pretty good
What, it was pure shit with primitive message.

>BAD CORPORATIONS BAAAAAAAAAAD
Let's use this rebellious teenagers which we kidnapped and turn them into cyborgs, kek.
Oh, and those 2 teenagers loved each other, so sweet.
Mum, do not visit this graveyard anymore.

Do you even watched original?

Why didn't they just create their own IP while drawing inspiration from this and other cyberpunk works? Or is Hollywood so creatively bankrupt, it now has to clone Chinese cartoons?

Yes and it was extremely edgy without really being that smart.

My eyes did a full rotation at this part (and the rest)

>"Ok, so we need to take a big shit on something japanese again... (googling) hmmm, pick this one so we can fool the faggots saying is somekind progressive"

So, what's next thing to shit for them?

and you think this 2017 version is somehow smart?

If you aren't a troll you have absolute pleb taste in everything m8o.

>So, what's next thing to shit for them?
Depends on what Chinese people are in the mood for.

No, but I thought it was entertaining for what it was. And it gave a nice little arc with the mother scenes.

Kids should've been just a low-life druggies instead of some japanese antifa though, I mean c'mon.

Evangelion.

Please let it be a Michael Bay film, I want to harvest EVAfags' salty delicious tears. Rosie Huntington-Whitely as Rei.

Saint Seiya incoming.

cowboy beebop will get it, maybe not next but it's coming.

And it will feature sassy black women and a latino chick with the side of her head shaved.

Sounds like Michael 'I decided to shot it this way because it looks cool' Bay, so that's a match made in heaven.

>So, what's next thing to shit for them?
Next up is Gunnm aka Battle Angel Alita. Robert Rodriguez is directing, it's already finished shooting.

Snyder would be better and would keep the shitty pointless christian imagery.

>Robert Rodriguez is directing
If the budget is anything greater than $50,000 then I'm not interested.

Maybe don't be an alcoholic, I think that's an issue you have to deal with, or several. It's not really a movie's fault.

Thought it was good for the sci-fi swat team shit, makes me want more of that.

This movie has quite literally created alcoholics. An alcoholic in a shell if you will.

Dredd is also good for this. Anyone else got any suggestions for tactical sci-fi gun fights

Decent flick

I give it a 6, I mean the setting and some stuff were nice but the story was dumbed down and mashed from multiple different sources (movies/tv series).

The matrix did homages to the anime long before this movie. (old site but shows it)
jamesskemp.github.io/gits-matrix/page1.html

>It was pretty good, definitely better than the reviews make it out to be.
Yeah, this. They had the good sense to steal most of the really memorable scenes from the various source material. Personally, I would have stuck a little closer to the plot of the original movie, and dug a little deeper on the "big" themes, but it's definitely not bad.

It does trigger normies though. Not sure why. I had a friend text me from the theatre with a mea culpa for saying that Troll 2 was the worst movie ever made, because Ghost In The Shell had taken the title in his mind. Because that makes sense.

Ballistic Gel the Movie was fun as fuck, though.

I liked the original film from the 90s, and even Innocence.

And this film, 2017 live-action one, was not nearly as bad as I was led to believe. I kind of liked it, in the way that Jeremy Clarkson likes Alfa Romeo cars.

Very beautiful designs all around the film, interiors and visuals both. There's a certain honesty to its awkward cast that I like. Hard to explain.

It was shallow and predictable.
As for originality pretty much it took scenes from the anumu or whatever now with real actors and shit.
Thats the problem with the movie.

Shallow, yes, Runt time low. Not bad.
>Predictable.
Yes, but execution.

This thing was fucking awesome.

Is Ghost in the Shell anime any good? I'm not really too into anime but some of it is okay.

There are 3 movies that are original and one it came out recently that reboots the franchise.
For the first three movies you can shitpost on Sup Forums and do your dishes because they suffer from Japanese way of drawing the whole story in the last 5 minutes word for word just in case you are retarded.
Its insulting to say the least but hey japs are weird.

The 1995 movie is amazing (don't watch the remaster with CGI crap). If you like it enough, then the Stand Alone Complex series is also pretty good.

I thought it was an actual show. They're all movies?

There is show and movies you can pick your poison its all the same.

It's not all the same though, the series and the movie have very different visuals, pacing and styles.

come on now,if he wants the details he can watch the show.

The 3rd movie (solid state society) follows the continuity of stand alone complex

Wasn't BAD but wasn't GOAT either.

is this real?

Okay, so where would I start and what should I avoid. I haven't read the manga and never will and haven't seen this new movie.

And to add to that I just found out arise also has a movie (never saw arise) God what a horrible title
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_The_New_Movie

not him but there was somewhat similar exchange in the movie

Movie if you want to see by order of release, series if you want it to be chronologial (though frankly Arise is a pretty meh prequel, I wouldn't start there).

Equilibrium

They should do it. They probably have no idea how much the spics will eat it up. Maybe they're waiting for them to grow up first.