The Telltale Batman game just came out. Episode 1, at least

The Telltale Batman game just came out. Episode 1, at least.

I'm sick to death of how obvious their twists are and blatantly emotionally manipulative their games try to be, so if any of you've tried it- Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D91XLgbWQbE?t=57
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

user will remember this

I liked it, but then again, I'm very easy to please.

I actually liked it. There was even some detective work as Batman. Even if it was designed for a 3 year old to figure out.

Weird choice for Harvey Den't character model. He looks more like Bruce Wayne than Bruce Wayne does.

Is there a rip yet?

Its a fucking western Vn user what do you expect from a damn VN

So are the Waynes truly the biggest mob in Gotham or is that just a fake by Falcone?

I disliked the pointless of some of the technology, especially during the scene Batman was scanning for phosphorous. I mean, he literally used a drone. Why not just use a normal scanner? Plus I don't get Catwoman's claws. It would make if she had normal gloves, but for some reason Telltale decided to make her gloves weird, yet she still had claws on all her fingers. Were they glued on claws? Wouldn't that easily fall or break off then?

I feel like Bruce would know if he's a gangster or not.

Torrent out yet? Definitely not buying this garbage.

>I feel like Bruce would know if he's a gangster or not.

I dunno, Thomas did hide a Kryptonian technology thing in the Batcave without Bruce knowledge until it was activated

tell me the plot and twists. Can pc with 2 gb ram and old Intel video card run it?

>Were they glued on claws
hand claws are never usable

us cheap niggas will just have to be patient

It was my first Telltale Game, but I enjoyed it.
The crossroads definitely give choices that fit within certain takes on Batman. Some are more in the vein of Batfleck, while others are Bruce the perpetual asshole. Then there are those that are just Batman. There is a Batman to be shaped for those whole prefer MUH Batman, as well as those who fap while turning the pages of DKR.
I tend to think Batplots that put the Wayne Legacy on the line alongside Batman's adventures are some of the best, so I enjoyed the one Episode 1 looks to be setting up.
>mfw Jack Ryder showed footage that was meant to incriminate Bruce, and there was Falcone extending a hand to shake while my Bruce stood there refusing.

Nah. This is just Dr Hurt all over again. Bruce is being played.

He looks more like anyone out of JoJo IMO. I just wasn't big on Bruce being a batlet next to him.

Exactly what I thought.

I liked it but then I've liked all the Telltale games I've played.
I really like Batman's suit in it and the visuals in general. Music's pretty cool. Combat feels cooler than in other Telltale games (especially in the opening) but still not as involved as I'd like, particularly in the Skyline scene. But that might be due to me just wanting more BvS-style combat.
Inb4 "just play arkham" I want that weight.

Wow post moar of that batsuit. It's glorious. My fav since Dickbats

Right?!
It's tacticool without feeling "tacticool" and is lean and svelt AF. I've got a lot of love for the symbol and Batmobile as well.

Really Batman is a sort of ideal character for this sort of thing.

It's literally MUH BATMAN the game.

Honestly, and I really hate to do this, and hope it doesn't derail the thread, but here goes. I had seen Sup Forums shit on Telltale all day, and was ready to dismiss this when it was announced. All of my closest friends defended the brand, and told me about how it makes compelling stories within the setting, but not starring a traditional protagonist. So for awhile I was really hoping for something like Gotham Central. That didn't end up happening but whatever. I've played through the Arkham games, and the fixed story there bugged me at times because their Bruce was making decisions I wouldn't have wanted to, or wish I could have done differently. Then BvS was released and we all know the problems people have with it's Batman. So coming back to the TT game, I really started to think about the opportunity to direct a Batman story with MUH Batman, and post Arkham, and especially post-BvS, there was a desire to have opportunities to be a complete asshole, or hurt people just because I could, and the opportunity to make those choices and go in directions that Snyder(s) and Miller wouldn't is what really got me hype. Playing though Ep 1 was almost therapeutic for me.
When that lady cop had her pistol on me in the Warehouse though, I really wish there had been an option to take and disassemble it. And the shit she pulled in the penthouse? Bitch deserves a Batarang in the forearm.

telltale games are not visual novels.

It feels very much like a Year One Batman (younger Batman, mobsters still rule, good guy Dent, Bruce just meeting Selina) but with the twists of Penguin being a skinny childhood friend of Bruce's whose mom went crazy and went to Arkham, his dad killed himself, he lost his fortune, and is willing to burn down Gotham for revenge and the Waynes possibly being a mobster family.

be prepared for choices to not matter beyond some flavor text.

What I meant was, when Falcone said the Waynes were the ones who were responsible for the thing that happened at the docks. The only Wayne is Bruce, so I'm guessing Falcone was saying that it was Bruce Wayne that took the nerve-agent. So obviously that's a lie.

Could it work for armored gauntlets like these?

I'm guessing Oz was the one that stole the agent and is framing the Waynes.

>>>/ochochan/

Still break your fingers is you tried to slash anywhere near hard enough to do anything but surface damage. Ever sliced a really tough chunk up meat? Now, remember what it felt like as a kid when people bent your fingers back? Easy math. And remember, you are swiping with quite a bit of force, so there is no stopping when it hurts, something is just going to give.

Stole the agent?
Yes. It's a toss up between him and the Joker at this point,
Frame the Waynes?
Doubtful. Remember, he wanted to talk to Bruce and told him to be on the right side of his revolution. I do think that there will be a fallout from the informative about the Waynes though.

I wish Telltale made a Daredevil game instead.

1. Daredevil would fit the Telltale style because of courtroom drama
2. Daredevil is in desperate need of a good game
3. Batman is overplayed as hell

Apparently Telltales and Marvel are making a game.

Yeah but it'll probably be Spiderman or some random guy. Daredevil, Wolverine, Punisher, Thor and Blade are my top choices.

Yeah man, this batsuit is so fucking beautiful. He should he just a tad thinner.

I hate Troy Baker as Batman

>Telltale
into the trash it goes

why does telltale get so much hate?

They made a great episodic title out of a terrible source material with TWAU, so imagine what they could do with a property like Batman?

Usually I wait till a few episodes of these games are out so I know which ones to avoid
(Game of Thrones and Walking Dead S2)

> choices don't matter 99% of the time
> some titles like GOT have awful animations2
> insist on making the game line up with canon so most of them have weird restrictions about what they can and cannot do
> take forever to come out
> some titles like TWAU obviously had last minute changes done to the plot

It's because of how lazy they are. After the Walking Dead season 1, their success led to them branching off into at least 4 other projects. This readjustment of staff happened shortly after the production of TWAU episode 1, leading to a months long haitus until episode 2 even though we were promised an episode a month. When it returned, there was a noticeable drop in quality of writing and production values from episode 2 onwards. the 1st episode of TWAU was the last truly good episode produced by Telltale.
It didn't get really bad until Walking Dead season 2. The writing is all over the place, the production values are trash compared to season 1, there's very little controllable areas or chances to talk to the characters and get to know them more like there was in season 1.

This is more subjective to me but, even in season 1, I noticed how much they reused animations for characters and that's not really a problem but in season 2, it drove me up the wall with how Often I saw the "cross arms, uncross arms, shrug, turn head" cycle over and over again.

Blade needs a new game.
I actually enjoyed Blade 2 on PS2.
It was fucking fun.

Troy Baker is one of the biggest douches on the planet

I think the illusion of choice in this game worked better than in others. It's a Batman story, so it's obviously not going to go in a crazy direction. But you can at least choose the kind of Batman and Bruce Wayne you want to play as, whether it's the cocky Bale, awkward Keaton, or the goody-two shoes philantropist, or you want Batman to be gentler or more aggressive.

>Why does Telltale get so much hate
It doesn't matter what I tell you. You may remember, but you're not going to do a damn thing about it.
>TWAU had terrible source material
Fuck you

>It doesn't matter what I tell you. You may remember, but you're not going to do a damn thing about it.
translation: I have no explanation

>fables
>not zionist trash

Translation: Your choices don't matter and user is too fucking dense to understand what he's quoting

Great contribution there, guys

Its the Court of Owls, the rich couple at the party are almost certainly part of them.

Thought that too.

>One page and a few lines makes an entire comic book some kind of propaganda

Searching for it on Pirate Bay or KT just gives me a blank. It won't even complete the search.

>hating on Israel defending itself
>hating on Fables for mentioning it once, in a way that makes perfect sense in context

SJWs plz leave

They were the only big-ish company making point and click adventure games and now they only make VNs.

They can be cozy sometimes, other times they just give me a headache from how fucking stupid they are. Like when a preview for the next episode tried to push on me that one of my choices was going to make everyone fucking pissed at me, but instead someone was pissed at me for like two minutes before a plot detail came up, everyone forgot, nobody mentioned it again

>VNs.
stop that right now
Calling modern TT "games' VNs is just insulting to actual VNs

Things I liked
>Cat and Mouse game between Bruce and Selina.
>Opening scene with burglars and Catwoman.
>Party with Bruce Wayne
>Equal attention given to Bruce and Batman.
>The Music
>The Batsuit
>Troy Baker as Batman (I thought he was fine).

Things I didn't Like
>The WAYNES are behind it! Obvious lie.
>Douche Harvey being a pussy.
>No option to bitchslap Falcone
>Not long enough.

All in all, I think this is shaping up to be one of Telltale's finer adventures.

I feel like a fucking idiot, but I'm stuck in the Codex in the Batcave and can't figure out how to get out of it. What fucking button do I push?

Same thing happened to me. I just quit to the main menu.

Well Sup Forums?

Do what this person says. It's a glitch that needs to be patched out.

Also, I think this is one of the first Batman games to feature Batman with glowing white eyes. I really feel like Telltale's Batman is more of a synthesis of previous characters than the Arkham series. The white eyes, the slight voice modulation, the short Miller ears, the capullo/arkham origins influenced suit, the fear/equipment heavy fighting style, and the early setting focusing on the mob, everything is pure Batman

Blue, obviously. It's the traditional Batman accent color.

Red is for Batwoman, Terry or Robins.
Purple is for Spoiler.
Yellow is for Barbara.

Blue is the only acceptable choice.

And people say your choices don't matter

Go RED, and be the most brutal/aggressive Batman you can.

or go BLUE, and work with Gordon and try not to break too many bones.

>not giving red players red eyes
>not giving blue players a slight blue tint to the cowl and cape
>not giving purple players purple gloves
>not giving yellow players the circle or outline

Red- Robins, Batwoman
Blue- Batman, Nightwing
Purple- Steph, Huntress
Yellow- Barbara, Cass

Blue or yellow are the only acceptable choices.

Bruce is pretty autistic about his color schemes.

People don't actually know what a VN is. People think any story heavy game is a VN, when the N stands for novel. As in, all you do is read.

I'd put an obvious con being this thing is buggy as fuck. Telltale has never been great at making their stories bug free but I've had a crash to desktop and getting stuck to the point I had to exit the game all within the first hour.

The eye lenses are really well done too.

Purple or you're a fag.

bluntly it's the same quality as all it's other QTE VN hybrids they have made.
Story is weak
Plot is predictable
Episode is 3 hours give or take on how slow you move.

So if you are "sick to death of how obvious their twists are and blatantly emotionally manipulative their games try to be" this won't curb that issue unless you are a huge Batfan.

Death compilation when?

A lot of VNs have full audio tracks user

Yeah, and even portraits and all that. But it's a novel. If you don't read it, it's not a VN.

One of the most saddest death scenes in Telltale games in my opinion..

youtu.be/D91XLgbWQbE?t=57

>Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons

So all I have to do is turn off subtitles on my VN's and they stop being VN's?

Holy fuck, I didn't even think of Daredevil. You're completely right, user.

Did anyone brutalize Falcone? I'm just curious what the outcome would have been

the same but "oh you so mean"
TTGs have little real impact on choice
The wolf among us is the closest you'll get to actions mattering.

They still play out "page by page," so no.

Because they don't make very good games but get heaps of praise because one of the characters was a little girl and everybody lost their minds over her.

If your game has subtitles, it's not a VN. Putting audio over your novel doesn't make it not a novel.

You just keep moving that goal post user.

YES
THIS
ALL OF THIS

I was trying to cycle through them all to see and I accidentally picked blue. Anyone know how I can change it?
I love me some Bat Effect.

You throw him down onto a piece of rebar which goes through his leg. While Bruce is driving home Jack Ryder basically asks how Gotham can trust a monster like Batman. Kinda regretting it at the moment.

Aww
The option made me think you shove it through his gut.

I actually thought that too. Before I actually highlighted the option, I thought the game was giving me the option to kill Falcone.

I probably would have just to see what happened.

>Harvey tells me to say Hi
>Pick "Enjoy drinking my wine, it's expensive"
>ENJOY MY WINE IT'S WORTH MORE THAN ALL OF YOU

FUCK

JESUS BRUCE

How many of us picked "Hi, Bruce."?

I did, felt good

He is hilariously big

Bruce is supposed to be 6'2" and Harvey has easily 3 inches on him

Truly a big guy

>user is violently killed ten seconds later

DRAMA

Unless they're part of an entire suit made of Bullshitium I guess. Otherwise you need SOME kind of tech justification, like they automatically lock up on contact or in certain hand positions.

Preach it, fellow heterosexual purple appreciator.

it's such a pain to find good men's clothes in purple without paying thru the nose

My mouth visibly dropped when I heard the second part of that sentence. Jesus fuck Bruce that statement could only be uttered by someone like Bruce Wayne.