This show is much better than the original. The plot itself was better than any offering airbender had, Zaheer, Lin...

This show is much better than the original. The plot itself was better than any offering airbender had, Zaheer, Lin, etc...so many good characters, the fights are actually fresher and show something new for each bending compared to airbender, and Korra is actually the best protagonist I have seen in a long while.

Nah..not really

>and Korra is actually the best protagonist I have seen in a long while.

i was on board until this shit -1/10

Let's show that Sup Forums is getting smarter,and turn this obvious bait thread in something worthwhile, like /tg/ does.

Any sugestions for topics of discussion? Who would you have liked writting Korra? Which girl has the biggest breats? How would you rewritten season 2, being able to change everything?

(You)

>I want to fuck Korra
That's all you had to say, no need to be coy and pretend.

>Which girl has the biggest breats?
Korra

>How would you rewritten season 2, being able to change everything?
Definitely keep Varrick and his plot line for the most part. As far as the romance goes, I think Masami was a decent ship so I would have the romance go mostly the same except have Mako and Asami get back together in the end and from there keep Korra single.

I wold get rid of the Wan stuff. Very cool aesthetically speaking but I don't like what it does for the lore. Also I would keep Korra's dad as some regular ole waterbender instead of an outcast heir to the throne. Maybe get rid of Unalaq altogether, we got enough Water Tribe in the first series. Having it set in the neo-Fire Nation might be pretty awesome

Season 2 should have been the series finale.

Unalak shouldn't have become "the dark avatar" he should have tried to become "the proper avatar because a little girl can't possibly stop vatu"

He should have been somewhat of a minor character who gives helpful advice and does interesting spiritual things throughout the series until it's revealed he was baiting Korea the whole time to try and take her place.

Also the love hexagons were all fucking stupid and didn't need to be stretched out.

The show needed more 20's in it too. Triads and gangs are cool.

Also Korea should have lost her water, fire, and earth bending powers by Amon and is left only with air for the rest of the series, thereby forcing her to learn some humility.

Maybe at the end of the series when she goes to fight Vatu is she given back her full powers.

All of the bloodbending that took away bending powers should have been permanent, forcing characters to deal with their loss of status in the Avatar world.

here is my esssay for the smarter of co: of the girl, katara has the biggest breats. you can tell because of the way they are. in conclusion: this changes erverything

This isn't even bait anymore, this is satire.

What this guy said, except less politely

>The show needed more 20's in it too. Triads and gangs are cool.

So much this, the show being set on the 30's and not focus on gangsters or PULP stories was a waste of setting.

If I was in charge, I would change things to be more like Lobster Johnson, just exchanging Nazis for Equalists.

Also, Equalists have their own mini country on anĂ£o isolationist island, with Amon as their leader. Said small separatist country would beast about their superior technology and is easier to get rid of bending on its borders, but it would be revealed to be some 1984 hell hole mixed with Cuba.

What you guys think?

>Also the love hexagons were all fucking stupid and didn't need to be stretched out.
>The show needed more 20's in it too. Triads and gangs are cool.
I agree with these two. More gang stuff would've been nice.

Pic related.

>Said small separatist country would beast about their superior technology and is easier to get rid of bending on its borders, but it would be revealed to be some 1984 hell hole

That is so what I wanted an expected to happen that i had to remind myself that it is NOT what happened.

I like how the Equalists were handled for the most part with the exception of how it was wrapped up. In my mind only that ending needs to be tweaked but you're idea isn't bad either

The thing about it, is that you could still have most things that happened in canon if Amon had his own separatist island, they could be terrorists trying to incorporate Republic City.

I think that it makes Amon a bigger and more beliavable treat, while also being a better sequel hook to revisit on other seasons.

It wasn't but ok.

>If I was in charge, I would change things to be more like Lobster Johnson, just exchanging Nazis for Equalists.
>Also, Equalists have their own mini country on an isolationist island

With Hiroshi as their main inventor and diplomat on Republic City, and Asami as his daughter secretly being a double secret agent, wanting to get closer to the avatar by seducing her friends.

>Which girl has the biggest breasts?
Pema probably, since she's flush with milk.

How you make season 2 more PULP them?

I would fused season 2 with season 3, I will explain it later if the thread is up.

>How would you rewritten season 2, being able to change everything?

First, 18-20 episodes per season. Literally every season of TLOK is trying to cram too much story into too little space.

Korra wasn't given her bending back at the end of S1; it's shown that skilled healers can undo the damaging effects of bloodbending (with Korra making a rather swift recovery due to Avatar shenanigans) but she still has to re-learn all of the elements, putting her back at square one training at the White Lotus compound in the Southern Water Tribe.

Tenzin has to return to Republic City to help clean up after the Equalists, leaving Korra to learn airbending on her own. Unalaq offers to act as her spiritual guide/give her waterbending review lessons in the meantime. By all appearances Unalaq seems like a bro-tier goodguy, even making some progress in patching things up with Tonraq before being revealed as a villain late in the season and backstabbing him and Korra.

Fusing with Vaatu to become a "dark avatar" is only part of Unalaq's plan; he's using the power of the fusion as leverage to reunite Raava and Vaatu in an attempt to restore true balance to the world. Only problem is that he underestimates Vaatu's evil influence and is consumed by it.

No dedicated Avatar Wan special, but sprinkle some breadcrumbs throughout the season to gradually build up the mythos and hint at Vaatu's later involvement. The more vague & open to interpretation, the better.

No Jinora-Jesus, no forced shipping, and no doofy-looking spirit-kaiju-people battles.

>First, 18-20 episodes per season. Literally every season of TLOK is trying to cram too much story into too little space.
I agree with this above all else. This alone would've made the series far better even if it meant reducing the number of seasons overall.

>no forced shipping
Are you telling me you DIDN'T enjoy watching Bolin trying to fuck Korra trying to fuck Mako trying to fuck Asami?

>Fire Nation civil war with Varrick as a ruthless profiteer

I like it, maybe make it so there's two children claiming the throne after the death of the Fire Lord.

>maybe make it so there's two children claiming the throne after the death of the Fire Lord.
I never did get my fill of Fire Nation royal family politics.

Fucking no.

We already had plenty of Fire Royal drama on the previous show, no need do show half of Zuko's kids as villains.

That's assuming you still want a civil war plot, I like that idea more than doing it in the Water Tribe fighting on opposite poles.

What if instead the Fire Nation became a parliamentary monarchy and we had Palace-Parliament intrigue instead? The villain can be some charismatic head of Parliament vying for more power.

I would've just made Amon the villain of the whole series, rather than just one. It made no sense to kill him off so early.

>be me, working from different computer
I must REEEEE- but have no related pics.

I liked Bopal though it was a bit rushed and forced and I actually thought Korra and Bolin had decent chemistry.

They didn't knew it would be renewed, I wrotte that with it in mind.

While i do think it should've had less seasons and more Amon, i also think that Zaheer was the fucking best villain in the series and that he could've interacted with Amon

First post best post

I've read fanfiction with better writing than Korra.

First of all, the story would take the whole series rather than a story a season. I know there was renewal uncetainty but that's what I would have done anyway. Better to leave on a cliffhanger than try to wrap up everything shitty honestly. I would have done what that other user had said and sprinkle flashbacks about Wan throughout the series. Then he would have been a kind of parallel to Korra, as he closed the gate to the spirit world and she opened it. I would have made Amon a series arc villain. This kinda fits back into the parallel, where Wan gains all of his powers and Korra loses hers.

I thought Unalaq was a dumb villain to be honest, but seeing as how he and Amon were both from the Northern Water Tribe, and they both have brother stories, I would make them brothers. Amon was actually in line for the tribe throne. Eventually he learns that the royal lineage is strong with bloodbenders, and that it used to be the strongest bloodbender that led the tribe. This gets mulled over in most of their history books and bloodbending techniques are revealed to be adapted into the healing techniques that the tribe is so famous for. His father, leader at the time, claims to be a cripple that cannot move thus cannot bend. But after learning that Amon has been learning about bloodbending, reveals that he is not crippled at all. In the past, Aang learns that Amon's dad was the youngest brother and used bloodbending to kill his elders and claim the throne. So Aang took away his bending, but left him in power so the people could shame him when they ask why he lost his bending. He instead fakes being permanently injured by a hereditary heart and muscle spasm issue that supposedly claimed the lives of his brothers.

To be continued due fucking length wow why do I care about this so much

Posting in 600 reply thread

I never understood this meme about how it would be better if she had to re-learn the elements Amon took from her. He didn't take her knowledge of how to do it or her muscle memory acquired through years of training. he took away the ability at the physiological/spiritual level. no matter how she eventually undoes this damage, once it's gone she will instantly be able to bend like her old self again because she already knows how. okay, maybe a period where she has to build her skills back up like how injured people have to build muscle back up after healing, but not re-learning from scratch

maybe a plotline where she has to train her spiritual side to slowly heal the damage, but just training and re-learning bending techniques wouldnt make any sense

Amon having all his plans dissolve because lol face paint was really fucking stupid. The presence and legitimate threat he represented was easily the best part of the first season. Having him be the overarching villain would have been way better, his conflicting ideals with the other villains resulting in a 3 way struggle between them and Korra would have made for something fresh that Last Airbender didnt have

So Amon's dad holds a grudge and trains Amon and his fanon brother Unalaq to be bloodbenders. Unalaq happened upon the secret and was forced to tag along. He was not interested in bending at all and preferred stories about the spirit world. Eventually the dad forces the two to fight like in the show except Unalaq kills their father. So later on Amon uses this information to blackmail Unalaq into using the spirits to rid the world of bending. Not that Unalaq is a good guy in this version, he has his own motives. He intends to betray Amon and let evil spirits run amok and become the dark avatar or whatever bullshit.

Now I know so far this seems pretty busy, but the idea I have is in the parallels between the characters. Amon adds a modern perspective and moves away from spirituality. He wants to see a world that relies on human strength rather than the strength of spiritual powers. Unalaq prefers tradition and moves away from secularism. He thinks humans are ravaging the world that was a gift from the spirits, if not still owned by them. Korra comes in, torn between these two ideas with Pro-bending and Tenzin's teachings as her split between ideas. She learns that the most important thing is balance, like all fucking avatars learn, and tries to convey this to Amon and Unalaq. The series ends not with her fighting a final boss but instead trying to break up the fight between the two brothers. The idea is that she lives as a non-bender for a good part of the series, and learns that there is power in humanity alone, but if we can find purpose in the spiritual then there is no reason to waste or deny it. Bending is a gift, it's not necessary but why not use it?
The series ends with the spirit gate being opened and air benders popping out of nowhere, leading into the next series about a fire bending avatar that has to deal with the reprocussions of his race being the cause of the extinction of all air benders in the past. Like another racism allegory or shit.

In conclusion,

There will be no love dodecahedrons. Instead Asami will become increasingly jealous of Mako's involvement with Korra. When Korra admits she likes Mako and steals a kiss from him, Asami goes postal after all the funding she did for the pro-bending team and turns villain. Her arc ends when she and Mako make up and the end of the series. Maybe if there was to be a lesbian subplot the romance would happen the other way around, and Mako becomes a villain. Thus making him the same but the opposite as Zuko. Like a fucking parallel theming everybody. In my fanon Bolin is much goofier and gets laid wherever he roams. His arc ends in a real love dodecahedron where all the girls he's ever been with happen to be in the same location at once.

Also pretty sure Korra has the biggest breats.

>Get Aaron Ehasz back as lead writer to put a cap on Bryke's bullshit.
>Scrap pro-bending in favor of better quality episodes.
>Have a better over-arching villain. I don't care if it's Amon or not, but having a new antagonist every season hurt the quality.
>Remove unnecessary love triangle bullshit.
>Don't ruin the mysticism of the Avatar spirit with the Raava/Vaatu crap.
>Less technological jumps because Bending Gundams came straight out of left field for what should have been the 1920s.

Oh and these:
The triad was a rad concept that went nowhere. I get that it's a kid show, but there was so much wasted potential with this stuff it isn't even funny.

Granted, the logic is unsound. The best explanation I have is that bloodbending is not limited to blood, but all bodily fluids. The type of damage Amon could inflict relies on his knowledge of human anatomy (you could argue simply learning how to bloodbend grants some intuitive knowledge), and from there his imagination. He could probably give her amnesia or nix her fine motor skills if he wanted to.

Thematically I think it's because most people who like this idea appreciate a subtle callback to A:tlA that doesn't rely on shoehorning in characters from the past (ex: Zuko).

Either way I think it's worth the suspension of disbelief. The explanation behind metalbending still irks me but metalbending itself is cool enough that I overlook it.

And then season 2 happened.

Korra was a show that on paper it had every reason to be way better than avatar, but flaws in execution destroyed it's potential and it only ended up being pretty okay.

I still like Korra herself more than Aang despite Bryke's depressing misuse of her stated skills and character.

>Subtle
>Redoing the AtlA plot

Fuck that.

>Korra airbending for the first time by punching

>You can bend by sneezing
>Muh classic forms
You people are fucking fags.

airbending is literally about nonaggression

Again? we really gonna do this again?

Sure user, that's why Aang was able to slice a giant wasp in half with his airbending.