Which film is better?

Which film is better?

the second one tells a better story. the directors cut is kino

For me personally its bvs

I think Man of Steel is slightly more solid and cohesive while BvS suffered from certain last minute forced studio decisions.

But BvS is so fucking ambitious, so fucking ambitious, that even while having a bit more flaws than MoS, I think its the better movie.

Frankly I would remove Wonder Woman completely, move the JL scene to the batcave and work something bigger for Doomsday. The movie was once a 2 parts movie and it shows.

Liked both theater and ultimate cut. In fact, I think the theater one had a darker tone.

Henry Cavill is probably the most one-dimensional flat actor in the industry. So I would say MoS is worse.

MoS directors cut is the best capeshit movie ever made

How so?

I hope you are not talking about that fanplebshit that only increased saturation and made Superman look purple, along with putting the original soundtrack of the Donner movie.

I hope you are talking about the 4 hours never released cut that Snyder talked about a lot of times.

Man of Steel = they will race after you
BvS = they will stumble, they will fall
Justice League = they will join you in the sun

*grins slightly*
And they say Snyder films aren't smart.

BvS. It's more ambitious, more complex, more satisfying, though MoS is still a brilliant film.

You know its just another hour added to the batfleck crosstraining montage, right?

Both shit. WW is the only good DCEU movie.

Man of Steel

because they're basic bitch highschool bible symbolism.

>MoS
>Batfleck

WW is a serviceable popcorn flick in the vein of the MCU formula. Mediocre as fuck and no rewatch value, but certainly fun at the theater. Entertaining, but not a good movie. Let alone a film. Its Captain America 1 done slightly better.

A guy shitting on your chest, or a guy pissing on the back of your year.
Which is better?

Disney shills and brainwashed plebbery arrived.
Dont let them stop you from being DComfy.

These aren't films you entry level fucking pleb
They're movies

BvS has a bit of each 3.

Or at least tries to bring some of the cinema/film sensibilities to the movie universe.

Batman v Superman made me appreciate MoS more. I feel like MoS isn't a whole without BvS.

BvS was a more artistic endeavor but MoS was better elsewhere

MOS is better but both are trash. MOS is just less trash.

Frankly if you made MoS the story of a middle eastern refugee that integrates deeply in the culture that adopted him, then joins the army to help the people of his new country and realizes he has too choose between the values of his new culture and the terroristic savage nature of his old heritage becoming a hero for his new home, but at the same time a bane to his heritage and culture people (specially liberals) would eat that shit and give them 30000 Oscars.

Replace countries with planets and terrorist bombs for World Engines, and now you believe its a vapid superfluous shit, but frankly it has the same politics as the movie I just described.

Even by your definition, MoS is political and therefor a film. See if you can articulate a proper answer instead of a shitty buzzword reply.

The problem with that is trying to remix "LITERALLY THE UNITED STATES: THE SUPER HERO" as representing islam.

You basically need to ignore the entire history of the character and the US in order for that parallel to function.

You can just tell this brainlet use to call movies like Captain America 2 a "political" thriller. What an utter fucking surface level drone

united states the superhero is not the case in comics since years ago. And who cares about comics, we are talking about the movie and what happens in the movie only in which an immigrant torn between the people of its new home and the terroristic nature of his old peers.

>hello I am now ignoring how the UNITED STATES was founded by immigrants to support an idiotic proposition that SUPERMAN REPRESENTS ISLAM

Im not saying he represents Islam. Im saying if you take the fucking same movie and made it about a muslim cop or military guy fighting his old people for the sake of its new country, people would eat that shit as the most politically relevant film of this decade.

Hello again, literally the only person who thinks this, it has been a while. Your previous reluctance to just state your interpretation of MoS directly now makes a lot of sense, as now that you just drop it straight out, it is incomprehensibly stupid and you come off as someone suffering from some manner of organic brain damage.

To believe that, you have to ignore a large number of sociopolitical influences, history, etc.

>frankly if you turned this movie into another movie it would be the same

Its a political movie you like it or not. Its the story of a refugee torn between his violent heritage of terrorists and his new home with american values.

Tho I disagree with it because muslims and refugees can fuck off.

Nah, you're just injecting your idiotic political sensibilities onto everything as they're the only functional model for reality you have to live by.

Yes, thats what people do with films that have substance. People discuss and project their philosophical ideas and politics. See the trillion interpretations for 2001.

Of course there is not much to discuss with the mouse so your brain gets a mild atrophy after watching the same movie again and again and again.

But trust me, the best works of art (not implying MoS is one of thosse) are open to interpretations that often change with time.

They're both such unbelievable garbage, but at least BvS didn't have Sears, 7-11 and Ihop ads plastered all over. Seriously, does WB have no respect for their audience? And then they go and try to pretend this trash is some kind of smart cinema. Zack Snyder can go eat a cock.

All you're really talking about is people who have their heads up their asses will project their bullshit onto literally everything and anyone remotely sane will ignore them.

Not to mention you're literally the only person in existence trying to apply some deeper meaning to MoS. And the deeper meaning you're attempting to project onto MoS is utterly moronic.

>batman driving into 9/11 in possibly the shittiest looking jeep possible
>the dust coalesces around the JEEP logo as it flashes red after navigates a number of tight twists and turns at "high" speed.

I liked BvS, but MoS was boring as fuck, I don't know why DCucks like it.

MoS, BvS had good ideas but was all over the place. MoS also managed to make a generic capeshit story actually affecting.

Either way, they are the only two good capeshit films.

We can always talk about the nature vs nurture aspect of the movie, krypton being a degenerate authoritarian shithole that killed the concept of families and abused science to make children without parents (gay as fuck) and other stuff, but the immigration stuff is an often forgotten topic of the movie.

Regardless, its fine if you dont agree or if you feel different about the motive of the movie. The fact we can have some substantial discussion about what should simply be another capeshit flick its already fucking good.

I repeat, you might think my interpretation is wrong but try reading the trillion interpretations of The Shining, 2001 and others. Movies with potential to be discussed. Movies open to different interpretations.

I liked BvS better

>12 year olds using product placement as reasonable criticism
You have to be 18 or older to post here, maybe you could fine a home at r/iamverysmart.

Trick question, they're both dogshit of the exact same caliber.

I prefer dog shit over human shit desu but thats just me, im not a cuck

I repeat, just because you can cherry pick some bullshit to fit a pre-baked interpretation doesn't mean that interpretation was intended or even valid. Just because lots of people do this doesn't mean your interpretation is valid.

also the nurture vs nature debate of mos has all the depth of the average wading pool, as once you go that direction, its quickly obvious the reason krypton fell is because they had genetically engineered behavior to a level where kryptonians were no longer sufficiently adaptable to adjust to dramatically changing situations. Which also means jorle engineered kale, and kale is simply responding to genetic predispositions to heroism and all of the kent stuff was specifically structured as a series of impediments to what his real father created him to be.

This, he plays mopey emo kiddie like no other

Its kinda incontrovertible fact that snyder puts more effort into the ad placement than any other aspect of his movies.

>I repeat, just because you can cherry pick some bullshit to fit a pre-baked interpretation doesn't mean that interpretation was intended or even valid.

baka

>WW
>worst villain
>worst climax
>repetitive opening
BvS was superior

>Just because lots of people do this doesn't mean your interpretation is valid.
Well thanks captain obvious. What is the CORRECT interpretation of 2001 since Kubrick gave no official one?

I never claimed my interpretation was correct. I claimed the movie has enough substance to make this guesses and interpretations based on personal politics/philosophy. Which already elevates it from the competitors.

That happens with films and cinema.

Where is the kino section?

stop pulling shit out of your ass, this is literally the first time i've heard anyone complain about snyder's product placement.
stick to one false narrative, your smear campaign isn't working

Batman v Superman. MoS dropped the ball hard in its second half.

MoS is amazing

>not respecting jeep renegade

Well there you have. You gave us a politicaly charged interpretation of Krypton genetic system.

And when (not if, but when) Europeor the jews start pulling this genetic type of treatment to give a couple of men a son, and years later to start modying "problematic" genes to make the population more passive we will look back at MoS and say "well, it maybe WAS political after all"

you know both and DcuckEU are shit

You faggots are making it out as if it was intended though. All these DCucks literally sing the same song, its disgusting. At least marvel fans aren't a hivemind scum

How did he engineer kalel? Superman just had free will

Well, they sure fooled me on both hivemind and scum acounts

Imagine Homeflopping being so much of a turd you spend your days here instead.

Not sure story wise but I feel like MoS had more memorable elements

>first flight
>Krypton had its chance
>Zod in general

Can't really say the same for BvS other than Ben Affleck was a great Batman.

>Its Captain America 1 done slightly better.
Lel, the first 10 minutes of WW was the cringiest shit I've seen lately.

>I must train her.
>You can't train her.
>I'm gonna train her anyway.
>Ok, you can train her.
>What have I done? She should never have trained.

Any Sup Forumstard types in here know if it's possible they'll revive Superman in another movie? I don't know shit about the comics so he'd could've died before for all I know.

In Quentins mind because his favorite film was actually a movie this whole time

>>first flight
That scene is so fucking awesome. Its just clark in a superman costume pushing himself to his limit.
Superman is shown to be reviving as the movie ends user.

It's not a matter of if but of how. Snyder likes to play with the audience so I'm guessing it will be more than just Superman flying upwards to the sun in smiles.

BvS > MoS > SS.

>Superman is shown to be reviving

Shit I don't remember that unless it was an after the credits thing

You see the particles fly upward and hear the coffin begin to shake.

It's kinda ironic that people were butthurt that superman wasn't being such a boyscout all the time in MoS and BvS, but in the end his death and sacrifice proves to people that he really loves earth and is willing to die for it.

Before MoS, people complained he was too cheesy and boyscoutish. This is why Superman Returns failed. It's the hardest superhero to put on film because of his seemingly flawless character. Snyder portrays even his flaws but it triggers some fanboys somewhat madly.

MoS is pure shit, BvS is pure kino

He portrays superman in an extremely nuanced way. I would love snyder to eventually do a Martian Manhunter film.

Having Wonder Woman in BvS before the WW movie came out felt like a forced 'hype building' technique from execs.
Should have had BvS be about Batman and Superman entirely.
Then a few origin movies for the others (WW, aquaman) etc before the Justice League.
Depowerer all the other heroes to show them struggling to fill the hole that godlike superman left behind, with a Batman with newly refreshed morals leading the group trying to fill supermans shoes.
Once Supes is resurrected he can be the thing 'people strive towards' like he was meant to be.

No idea where SS would fit or if it even needed to exist at all.

>MoS is pure shit
It's one thing to say one is better than the other but this is objectively wrong.

Two films? I see two flicks.

Don't forget that people complained for the longest time that the previous Superman movies, outside of the second one, always used Lex Luthor or characters like him and had Superman only lifting heavy shit, which made them boring and repetitive, when they could make a film showing Superman going all out against kryptonians or Brainiac, Mongul and stuff, in scenes that truly captured the awesome fights and huge destructions from the comics.

Then MoS comes out giving people all of that and people complain.

>After credits
Zsck Snyder wouldnt sanction that plebbery.

The only thing that drags MoS down for me is the whole genetic codex shit in Superman blood that is never mentioned again and was only used in the movie to create an excuse to make Zod come after Superman.

It didn't even fit with the idea of Superman being a free kryptonian outside the reach of their eugenics program.

>he bought the Disney vr

>mfw Nolan indirectly took a huge dump on all Marvels by saying after credits is not real cinema

I think MoS, although they are both pretty average.

>indirectly
He was as direct as his classy persona would allow him.

In a way that turns superman into the last living remnant of krypton, and eventually superman could recreate crypton with the codex encoded in his dna.

Something that will probably never happen. It wasn't even referenced in BvS, showing how much of little importance it is. It also conflicted with the whole free agent thing.

wonder woman is the right answer here

did you not see the colony ship blowing up?

Hello and welcome to your first zack Snyder related thread

The problem, of course, is trying to argue behavior is genetic is borderline tautology and utterly meaningless.

>What is the CORRECT interpretation of 2001

Read the book.

MoS, it's less cluttered, it has a better idea of what it it's trying to be.

It really isn't. Your low expectations just made it seem better

The book was written after the movie you retard and diverges a lot. The movie and the book are different versions of the same story. And Kubrick doesnt acknowledge the book.

Lets not even talk about the whole group of books and its shitty explanations.

Clarke a hack and you a fucking retard for believing the book explains the movie.

They were written at the same time. One doesn't lead from or to the other.

MoS is more accessible to casual fans. BvS is a treasure trove for anyone deeply familiar with coming miss lore, though, so my tastes lean toward the latter.

People are complaining because zack Snyder isn't going into the flaws of superman. As the best depiction of his flaws was in the comic TDKR, where superman is portrayed as a superpowered, not too intelligent farm boy, whom, when presented with a sufficiently compling argument for what is right and wrong, would willingly drag the world down into hell and no one could ever stop him. As an invulnerable body would give rise to an equally invulnerable will.

Snyder went a completely different direction, by depowering superman to a ridioulous level but keeping the "particularly dumb" aspect. Which means superman no longer comes off as a walking god, something that could wipe all of humanity from existence in an instant if the idea ever took hold in his head. But, instead, just a marginally stronger person. Then Snyder fucks up harder by having lex zuckerberg mangle some Epicurus, which leaves the snyder superman movies on the note of "why call him superman?"

MoS was good but the plot was very unfocused in trying to be an origin story alongside a first encounter with Zod story. Should have kept Zod to be the common enemy Batman helps him with imo. That way Doomsday isn't thrown in to BvS

I prefer Man of Steel and genuinely think it was one of the best super hero films in a long time. It's better than pretty much everything Marvel has produced with the exception of Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy 1. If we're talking pure aesthetics and cinematography, then Man of Steel is superior to all Marvel films.

That being said, the opening scene in BvS from Bruce's view is probably the best scene in all of DC/Marvel. It's fucking outstanding

>which leaves the snyder superman movies on the note of "why call him superman?"

Why is that a bad thing? The theme of these films is fallibility.

I very much feel the same way. It took BvS to make a lot of things in MoS click home for me. These movies are less serialized continuations than they are individual pieces of a larger tapestry.